YesNoOk

Nina(tekken), Litchi(Blazblue) and Yaoshi(Zhanhun) Released (Read 95124 times)

Started by qysurg, March 08, 2013, 04:23:59 pm
Share this topic:
Nina(tekken), Litchi(Blazblue) and Yaoshi(Zhanhun) Released
#1  March 08, 2013, 04:23:59 pm
    • China
    • qysurg@sina.com
 i made these characters merely by fraps and PS.  (except litchi)
these are initial versions, and need updates in future.
poison,lili, and chunli were also renewed here in the link below.
Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:47:31 pm by qysurg
Re: Nina(tekken), Litchi(Blazblue) and Yaoshi(Zhanhun) Released
#2  March 08, 2013, 04:31:17 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well the site is on Chinese so i dont know where to click excactly,but i will check out your Nina and Yaoshi
#3  March 08, 2013, 04:32:04 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I only see a link for poison.

Is Litchi made using the same method? If so, there are sprite rips available  :S
#4  March 08, 2013, 04:35:53 pm
  • Slash!!
#5  March 08, 2013, 04:36:54 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
I don't see any links on that page?
#6  March 08, 2013, 04:37:15 pm
    • China
    • qysurg@sina.com

you can download all these charas in the link blow.
Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:10:41 am by qysurg
#7  March 08, 2013, 05:18:47 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Could you please post some screenshots of the characters?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#8  March 08, 2013, 05:41:11 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Could you please post some screenshots of the characters?
Seconded.
In other news, that would be the first MUGENized Litchi. I hope, you made a good job. If it's better then the works of Jeff Loco (who made Ragna and Hakumen, which were only about 2% accurate) and that guy, who gave his Ragna and Hakumen gun fatalities... *shudders* ..., then you ALREADY made a good work.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#9  March 08, 2013, 05:55:47 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
First does not necessarily mean good. Look at Ex-Inferis' Alex and you'll know what I mean.
#10  March 08, 2013, 06:22:14 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
...yeah...I know...
...I still remember, what RicePigeon did with Flame Hyenard. :S
However, because we're talking about BlazBlue characters now, I'm already happy, if someone makes at least SOME version of said character...
...so we can improve it, if said character should be bad.
===My discord servers===

#11  March 08, 2013, 07:07:55 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Litchi sprites and big portrait has a lot of green pixels around the edges so you may want to clean that up. Also while up close to your opponent if you hold forward and press her strong attack right after the 2nd hit if you still holding forward and press her weak or her medium attack she would walk in mid air.

Example:
#12  March 08, 2013, 07:12:20 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
Litchi sprites and big portrait has a lot of green pixels around the edges so you may want to clean that up. Also while up close to your opponent if you hold forward and press her strong attack right after the 2nd hit if you still holding forward and press her weak or her medium attack she would walk in mid air.

Example:

:freak: And other then that?
===My discord servers===

#13  March 08, 2013, 08:08:36 pm
  • For honor!
Everything Litchi does causes debug flood. Even standing still. Leaving her staff causes the debug to go batshit insane. MUGEN is just screaming for me to make it stop. Then there's the C button that makes Litchi jump with no velocities. Standing Y misses up close due to a lack of width and badly designed CLSN. B,DB,B A/B goes into an invalid state which might be a CMD relic from the character this Litchi was based off of (Zelgadis' Mai). Of course because the sprite rips that were used in this were cropped in the first place, misalignment was inevitable. Even her standing animation appears to be misaligned.

The sprite alignment and the crying MUGEN debug alone are a testament to the lack of care that was put into this character's development. I would hope more love and care goes into this character in future updates.
Iroha stripped for me
#14  March 08, 2013, 09:11:56 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#15  March 08, 2013, 09:31:38 pm
@Alpa
That. is disappointing. I admit I was blindly excited about a Litchi in mugen.
And optimistic still, even when it's the same guy who made that Poison and Lili from SFXT.
(no offense to qysurg)

And to qysurg, in case you need to know about taking screenshots in MUGEN,
simply press F12 when you are playing MUGEN. It will save a screenshot right in the mugen folder.
#16  March 08, 2013, 10:48:19 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
...I still remember, what RicePigeon did with Flame Hyenard. :S

Oh, so I'M the one who's causing your suffering... So if you tear me to pieces, the pain will stop?  :hugoi:
No, I don't want to tear someone into pieces, who made one of the best Touhou characters in existence.
...I just hoped to see a real Flame Hyenard...
...I would even pay money, so Balthazar would make a whole sprite sheet of him.
We would do the coding then, if you want. :beamgoi:
===My discord servers===

#17  March 09, 2013, 01:11:35 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Very nice port of these more Mugen sir, I hope to see more from you in the future.
Off Topic: Did you mod that Lili? If so can I have the files for my SFXT game?

GLB

#18  March 09, 2013, 03:25:01 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
i said this is a demo version which needs much adjustment in future.  No need for your sufferings, desert it if you don't like it and save your bullshit
by the way, every development begin with love and care, but end with patience.
OK, sharing a demo version is my fault, let me end this.

It's feedback, even though it may be a bit impudent, it's going to help toward the development of your character regardless. You can try and see past the sprinkled in rude comments and use it to improve your creations now and in future reference. There's no need to have the "If you don't like it don't download it" attitude about it.
#19  March 09, 2013, 05:07:40 am
And if you wish to develop all these characters with utmost care and passion, I, for one, won't mind. It would be very much appreciated.
Do take your time, do ask for help when necessary, do what you are able to with your work.
But never think of people pointing out mistakes as people insulting you.
What Alpa did was help you out in pointing out the flaws for you to fix.
Now you have a chance to look into these flaws, fix them, and make the character better for you and everyone.
No need for hostility. Because I see potential in you and I'd like for you to do your best.

P.S. On the matter of Alpa being rude, his feedback post has been the tamest I have seen. If he really wanted to put on a show, he'd be much, much worse.
But I'm just basing all my info on his YT channel, and he acts in his videos so...
#20  March 09, 2013, 10:03:10 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
okay,they could use more work
Nina has 2 hypers in which she walks forward,becomes invincible,and does nothing after that.Also her running sounds stop after a while so you end up running with no sounds of feet hitting the ground.Also her jump is very low
yaoshi has 3 buttons,cannot crouch,shoots a projectile by pressing one button,which is really weird.
I would not have a problem with 3 buttons if you put them nicely,like A,B,C
But you put em on A,X,C which is completely weird,and it leaves empty buttons between the ones you need to use
#21  March 10, 2013, 05:22:47 am
I don't see any links that you posted.
#22  March 11, 2013, 09:46:40 am
Nice release of Nina. But why in her alternate costume?
Just like Lili and Chun-Li, but Poison in her original costume.
#23  March 11, 2013, 10:07:31 am
'Hard work' doesn't matter at all if you don't have a good finished product. Effort doesn't magically turn turds into gold.

You didn't do a good job. Get over it and stop blaming other people.
#24  March 11, 2013, 11:31:51 am
where are the links and screenshots ???

could you post some links  thx
#25  March 11, 2013, 08:02:44 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
你好qysurg

I don't know what happened to the links to your site, please put them back into your posts please. Just to tell you qysurg, people in the mugen community a pretty picky when it comes to anything Blazblue and the standards for those characters here a pretty high. About WARPra-San's feedback posts, I at first didn't like them either when I released my things but I talked to him later on and he IS trying to help and cares about your creations, but he just says things sometimes that many people would sometimes not like.

Also I hope you have an english readme and Chinese readme for your characters, especially Litchi. :)

'Hard work' doesn't matter at all if you don't have a good finished product. Effort doesn't magically turn turds into gold.

You didn't do a good job. Get over it and stop blaming other people.

YOU be quiet. Have you tried to create anything that took you hours and hours to make and people just talk badly about? It is upsetting when this happens to any creator(mugen or not). Even if something may not be "good" does NOT mean they didn't put hours and hours of work on it. People's knowledge of making things/fixing things are all different. Some people may require more experience then others to make things "better."

The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#26  March 11, 2013, 08:17:37 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
no YOU be quiet he is correct doesn't matter how much work went into something if it still turns out bad. You of all people should know that considering all of your stuff.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#27  March 11, 2013, 08:23:35 pm
    • USA
no YOU be quiet he is correct doesn't matter how much work went into something if it still turns out bad. You of all people should know that considering all of your stuff.

So, I paint a picture in art class the best I can, even though I'm not the greatest artist. I think I made the best piece of art I have ever made then I finish the painting and the art teacher comes to you and the first thing they say is, "Sorry but your painting is SHIT." Then you get the feeling of punching the art teacher in the face.

Sometimes thats what it might feel like to some creators.

Also for that situation I said that really happened to me in RL. :P

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:33:02 pm by Speedy9199
#28  March 11, 2013, 08:38:39 pm
YOU be quiet. Have you tried to create anything that took you hours and hours to make and people just talk badly about? It is upsetting when this happens to any creator(mugen or not). Even if something may not be "good" does NOT mean they didn't put hours and hours of work on it. People's knowledge of making things/fixing things are all different. Some people may require more experience then others to make things "better."

If it's not good, then the 'hours' don't matter. Get over it. It doesn't matter what it feels like. You failed. Quantity of effort does not correlate with quality of result. The appropriate reaction is to stop whining and try harder to succeed so you don't fail next time. Do you really think I haven't experienced this myself? I've created a lot of shitty things in the past. Now I make damn sure my things aren't shitty before claiming that they're good.
#29  March 11, 2013, 08:45:12 pm
    • USA

If it's not good, then the 'hours' don't matter. Get over it. It doesn't matter what it feels like. You failed. Quantity of effort does not correlate with quality of result. The appropriate reaction is to stop whining and try harder to succeed so you don't fail next time. Do you really think I haven't experienced this myself? I've created a lot of shitty things in the past. Now I make damn sure my things aren't shitty before claiming that they're good.

When you created a lot of shitty things in the past did you yourself know and consider your own things shitty at the time or did other people change your opinion and told you they were shitty?

DW

#30  March 11, 2013, 09:16:19 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I've seen Arpa give feedback to many things since the fiasco that transpired with that Jean-w/e guy's edit of that Genjuro. In all honesty, there is nothing abrasive or rude about any of his feedback. It's just fact, pure and simple. There is ton of debug flood. There is a lot that needs to be done. All he commented on was the reality of it. I see why he doesn't bother responding outside of his initial feedback though. Especially when you get a reaction/response as the one given to him by said author. It's ridiculous.
#31  March 11, 2013, 09:17:05 pm
Obviously the latter, I don't think anyone seriously attempting to create whatever they are trying to create would put out into the world something they consider shitty. This is why beta-testing, proof-reading, whatever form of getting other people's opinions before giving to the public is appropriate for the medium at hand, is important. Sometimes you need a reality check.

I tried to figure out what was shitty about it and made sure it wasn't there next time. I formed a much better idea of what 'good' is, and how to achieve it. Given enough time, some of my harshest detractors eventually became fans. It's a lot less forgivable when it's something as objective as basic coding to the point where the character doesn't even work properly and very simple testing could have shown the problems (I'm assuming this is the case, the links were gone by the time I got here).
#32  March 11, 2013, 09:59:46 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The links were gone because the creator was expecting nothing else but to adore him and say +1.
I bet he wanted us to serve our feedback on a silver plate for him too.
He got mad at Arpa because the guy gave constructive feedback.What the hell?
#33  March 11, 2013, 10:06:14 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I see why he doesn't bother responding outside of his initial feedback though. Especially when you get a reaction/response as the one given to him by said author. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, Arpa's told me he doesn't even feel like posting feedback in threads anymore and with things like that I can understand why.  I guess it really is a gamble to determine who gives a shit enough about their work to listen to you and who's just in it for the dick perks. 
#34  March 11, 2013, 10:14:10 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Anyway,i managed to grab Nina and Yaoshi,anyone PM me Litchi?
or am i better off asking this in the request section?
#35  March 11, 2013, 10:20:34 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
this topic was pretty bad form the start anyway, from the creator not providing any pictures or a sensible way to release the characters from the offtopic conversation to the poorly managed feedback sesion, I would rather keep it as an example of how a release topic should not be ( while still not becoming a drama fest.)
#36  March 11, 2013, 10:25:41 pm
  • Use Your Sword Domon!
 :lugoi: There's more "characters" on this forum than there is to put in mugen! I think everybody needs a good taste of "common sense" and manners before tearing into whoever about whatever they created. When you give feedback, It should be helpful. There's no need for the added slams and vulgar
comments to be made when the person just wanted to share his/her character. My point being, if you wouldn't say something to someone's face in real life, why would you on the internet? Perhaps ALOT of people should look up the definition of "helpful" and maybe more posts like this merry go round of a
bunch of morons who type whatever they want, can be avoided. Then again, it's just wishful thinking.

So to the creator of these characters, Thank You for making them a possibility to play as in mugen. I appreciate it and I bet alot of other people who don't even have a account to give feedback do too. And for my added zinger to all the happy fun loving people who diss and piss people off...... It's a hell of alot
more giving back to the community of what mugen is in comparison to all the shit that they've done.

People love drama... That's why losers watch reality tv instead of living it.
DOMON!!!!!!!!!
#37  March 11, 2013, 10:44:20 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
There's no need for the added slams and vulgar
comments to be made when the person just wanted to share his/her character.

yeah, there's not. hence why there's none in this topic, oh right except there's some from the guy who actually made the characters in question. oops
#38  March 11, 2013, 11:04:53 pm
#39  March 13, 2013, 03:39:38 pm
    • USA
I just want to say incase of things like in this thread happen again(which will happen). Maybe if people who make feedback like WARPra-San's should say 2 or at least 1 thing that is positive about the character instead of leaving nothing but negative things and only looking at the bad parts of things. Maybe creators won't feel as hurt or attacked by negative feedback if there are at least some positive things in it. Just saying.

#40  March 13, 2013, 03:50:49 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I just want to say incase of things like in this thread happen again(which will happen). Maybe if people who make feedback like WARPra-San's should say 2 or at least 1 thing that is positive about the character instead of leaving nothing but negative things and only looking at the bad parts of things. Maybe creators won't feel as hurt or attacked by negative feedback if there are at least some positive things in it. Just saying.
Going by this guy's attitude even if there were positive things he'd still be mad.

And I would think that straight-to-the-point feedback is better than feedback that points out the problems but then goes "But despite these glaring issues it's still awesome that we have these characters".
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#41  March 13, 2013, 04:05:51 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
and what of those cases when there is nothing good to say about a character time.
#42  March 13, 2013, 04:18:13 pm
    • USA
I've never really seen a character that there was absolutely NO redeeming value. Is it that hard to find at least 1 thing good about a character even though it is not the best? I admit it myself, it is actually easier to find negative things about a character that is not the "best" but saying a good thing might raise the creator's confidence about improving their creation than saying everything that is bad.

Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:23:24 pm by Speedy9199
#43  March 13, 2013, 04:35:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's not necessary to soften the blow, just don't add anything that makes it worse.
so, if let's say speedy's characters play nothing like hte original game I should just say :

speedy's noel plays nothing like hte original game

and not:

speedy is a fucking idiot whose shitty characters don't even play like the original game.

[EDIT]

this is just an example, I have nto tried speedy's characters.
#44  March 13, 2013, 04:54:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I've never really seen a character that there was absolutely NO redeeming value. Is it that hard to find at least 1 thing good about a character even though it is not the best? I admit it myself, it is actually easier to find negative things about a character that is not the "best" but saying a good thing might raise the creator's confidence about improving their creation than saying everything that is bad.

The primary purpose of feedback is to outline what can be improved. Providing positive feedback doesn't really contribute to any kind of improvement, but I will agree with you that it can at least give the author an idea of whether or not the author got something right; if its right then he has confirmation that he implemented the move correctly and if its wrong then he's told that its wrong and that he/she needs to work on it. Alot of feedback I've seen will often point out "this move is wrong" without going into detail as to why its wrong, probably under the assumption that the way the move operates is universal common knowledge or something. You have to take into account the numerous mugen authors who've never played any fighting games outside of Mugen.

But pretty much was E said, if you're going to point out flaws in a character, at least try to make it as neutral as possible. Nothing about Arpa's feedback was that insulting except for possibly the comment about MUGEN screaming at him to make the debug flood stop, but I see that more as Arpa trying to illustrate just how bad the issue is by using a metaphor rather than something that was intentionally malicious (essentially something along the lines of someone listening to a high-pitched screeching noise coming from defective speakers and covering their ears and yelling out loud in response to their discomfort, its more of a knee-jerk reaction than a "OHMYGODSHUTHEFUCKUPORILLKILLYOURWHOLEFAMILY" response)

GLB

#45  March 14, 2013, 02:37:18 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
The creator of these characters said he'd update the characters and post the links later in his last post, he may have been a bit immature about receiving the feedback at first but obviously he's applying it. I love how you all revive an argument that's days old and completely over already.

I'm sure he'll update the links eventually, and hopefully he'll be better about receiving the feedback this time.