Started by Xinos, July 05, 2010, 10:08:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ray McDougal Beta V1.1
#21  July 08, 2010, 02:22:20 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
The new portrait looks great! Any chance later on you might do a more complete version of Clown? I love Fighters History
and every character has been released in good order except Clown...just throwing that out there. God knows Mugen doesn't need another version of Ken and Ryu!
As I know, Clown was made for O_Ilusionista (or some of BMT guys) several years ago...

Great to see this release, I downloaded and soon a feedback ;) and I'm the credits, yay!! :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#22  July 08, 2010, 04:18:30 pm
Yes there was only 1 Clown released that was like a beta missing sound(added recently), missed his handstand special(like Bison stomp) and his cool throw which spun opponent with his feet as he laid on his back. Really every character except Clown was released in complete status now that Ray has his been perfected here. Can't get enough of Ray and look forward to seeing more updates on fine character. ;D
#23  July 10, 2010, 07:13:49 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
He seems to be missing a stun/dizzy animation.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#24  July 10, 2010, 02:34:07 pm
    • UK
Re: Ray McDougal Beta V2
#25  July 10, 2010, 10:38:37 pm
    • UK
V2 for Ray McDougal is out. I decided not to take the custom move approach, as I felt it might ruin this character, as I like it how it is right now.

Changelog for V2

---------
V2
---------

Added new AI to both Winmugen and 1.0 versions
Added Fighter's History special moves
Fixed up Low heavy kick attributes when opponent is in the air (Would allow a 2nd hit previously)
1.0 AI aggressivness changes depending on what level the AI is set to

And other fixes (I forgot to add in the read me)

Any feedback on the AI is welcome, aswell as overall character. If there's no problems, I may consider this a final version

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ywrnjjaxe
#26  July 15, 2010, 07:40:06 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
My only suggestion would be to add a NoFG AssertSpecial to his win quote state- this happened on a stage of mine

-Other than that, he looks good. The AI's beastly too, I haven't been able to beat him yet.
-Are you gonna do more palette separation on his sprites? The aura around his "Round Kick" looks weird to me if you're not using the default palette - that's just a personal cosmetic issue though.

Nicely done!
#27  July 15, 2010, 09:59:05 pm
    • UK
My only suggestion would be to add a NoFG AssertSpecial to his win quote state- this happened on a stage of mine

Whoops, i'll fix that one up.

-Other than that, he looks good. The AI's beastly too, I haven't been able to beat him yet.

Thanks man. I wanted the AI to be rather challenging, good to see it's proving to be so :3

-Are you gonna do more palette separation on his sprites? The aura around his "Round Kick" looks weird to me if you're not using the default palette - that's just a personal cosmetic issue though.

It may be possible that I will release an SFF patch with the seperated colors, not too sure as of yet. We'll have to see.

Thanks for your feedback :3
#28  July 15, 2010, 11:34:22 pm
    • Chile
Definitively, Ray is a keeper in my roster, great job here :sugoi: I like the 2 modes for the game, really it's like playing with 2 different characters

No bugs to report, except some things I noticed here:
-Super Dynamite Tackle has very few damage as a super could do, I don't remember if in FHD has that level of damage. It could be do with at least a level of powerbar, IMO
-AI is too aggressive, and it abuses of Super Dynamite Tackle. Even with that, I could win with some characters, incluided Ray :P

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#29  July 16, 2010, 12:12:06 am
    • UK
-Super Dynamite Tackle has very few damage as a super could do, I don't remember if in FHD has that level of damage. It could be do with at least a level of powerbar, IMO

After looking at it again in the source game, the reason it's pretty low damage in Mugen, is because I never set the starting attack damage as high as it was in the source game. Also, I believe FHD never used a powerbar system. Which is why this Ray doesn't have any power.

-AI is too aggressive, and it abuses of Super Dynamite Tackle. Even with that, I could win with some characters, incluided Ray :P

Because i'll be making the damage Super Dynamite Tackle had in the source game, i'll be lowering the frequency the AI does it, so he doesn't abuse it.

Thanks for the feedback :3
#30  July 16, 2010, 04:45:28 am
    • Chile
Thanks to you for making Ray... any plans of another FH(D) char in a future??

[size=5pt](also, can I make 2 more pals for Ray to complete the 12??)[/size]

#31  July 16, 2010, 01:39:10 pm
    • UK
Thanks to you for making Ray... any plans of another FH(D) char in a future??

[size=5pt](also, can I make 2 more pals for Ray to complete the 12??)[/size]

I have plans to create Yungmie next, as i've recently started using her in FHD.

And of course, by all means, go for it :3
#32  July 16, 2010, 05:34:58 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
You should definitely make Clown!
#33  July 16, 2010, 06:24:42 pm
    • UK
#34  July 16, 2010, 07:22:01 pm
    • Chile

#35  July 16, 2010, 07:41:02 pm
    • UK
Nice palettes Basara, i'll definitely use those :3

Also, be sure to keep an eye on the projects section, as i'll be posting my characters there soon  ;)
#36  July 16, 2010, 10:47:53 pm
After I tested him out, his AI is good, but still not strong enough to fight against most others with AI patches like these other characters (including Falchion22's Ray McDougal). He seems to lose a lot against them.

You should also add his "falling on back" sprites, and make him bounce twice when he falls on his back from high above the stage, like in FHD.  Be sure to also make his back-landing sometimes halt and vibrate the stage like in FHD.

Will you also be creating the original FH arcade version of him using the arcade version's sprites, sounds and voice pack, just for retro purposes? And how about converting characters from Data East's other fighting games: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty and Avengers in Galactic Storm, starting with Shi Jin and Captain America? I know there is already some Captain Americas converted, but this one's completely different.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:25:04 pm by 1983parrothead
#37  July 17, 2010, 12:43:12 am
    • UK
After I tested him out, his AI is good, but still not strong enough to fight against most others with AI patches like these other characters (including Falchion22's Ray McDougal). He seems to lose a lot against them.

Hmmm, I see. I'll see if I can step up the AI's game, but of course, not being too difficult.

You should also add his "falling on back" sprites, and make him bounce twice when he falls on his back from high above the stage, like in FHD.  Be sure to also make his back-landing sometimes halt and vibrate the stage like in FHD.

Ahh, like how they fall in the source game? That should be easy to do :)

Will you also be creating the original FH arcade version of him using the arcade version's sprites, sounds and voice pack, just for retro purposes? And how about converting characters from Data East's other fighting games: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty and Avengers in Galactic Storm, starting with Shi Jin and Captain America? I know there is already some Captain Americas converted, but this one's completely different.

Sorry, I have no intentions with Avengers in Galactic Storm. The other game however, possibly. We'll see.
#38  July 17, 2010, 03:05:51 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Been looking forward to this Ray! Nice AI there. Hope to see you make more FH characters in the future.
#39  July 17, 2010, 03:25:00 am
    • UK
Been looking forward to this Ray! Nice AI there. Hope to see you make more FH characters in the future.

Thanks, stay tuned for the next update, which might have an even better AI :)

Also, I have 2 FH characters coming up, you'll see them soon in the projects section :)
#40  July 17, 2010, 09:49:01 pm
  • Musician-Stage creator-Spriter-IFF Combat adviser.
    • Indonesia
    • www.youtube.com/user/EXmugen
He's ok. Seems he's missing some moves! Sure wish you would have took that custom route. Something new is always a good thing as long as it's done well... I'll be on the look out for Clown to! We SERIOUSLY NEED A GOOD ONE!

:sugoi: