YesNoOk

Coding: Various jumps and recoveries (Read 1093 times)

Started by Redash, February 12, 2018, 12:36:31 pm
Share this topic:
Coding: Various jumps and recoveries
#1  February 12, 2018, 12:36:31 pm
    • Singapore
Hi,

New to Mugen, learning its coding for past 2 weeks.

I downloaded a SNK char (Chonshu) and notice they can do super jumps and short jumps, but when i look into its CNS and CMD code, i noticed that i cannot find the super jump and short jump codes, state 40 is not overwritten. Though there are command in CMD for ~D, $U, there is not respective statechange.

I dun get it. How do they code the different jumps when the code cannot be found?
Re: Coding: Various jumps and recoveries
#2  February 15, 2018, 09:17:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Normally this is done by modifying state 40. Sometimes its done by adding new jump states. Look for jump start and see whats in there. They could also have done it via state -2 simply m9difying vels although thats a lot more work.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  February 15, 2018, 10:41:31 am
    • Singapore
U nailed it! Its in state -2 and oh my it looked weird if not complicated.

Hmmm... dun mind me asking, can advice on the best approach to code different jumps into one single char?

I am learning to code super jump (SF3 vertical super jump, SNK sideways and short jumps, triple jump with jump cancel for aerial combo, wall jump and mid-air recovery)

Individually (seperated) the codes are working BUT when i put them tgt things become inconsistent. Sometimes it work sometimes it dun. I dun whats wrong as the codes are working in the 1st place (seperately at least). Hence need help in ideal "clean" or correct way to structure all the different jumping type codes.

Any ref char i can download will be helpful too. Thanks. Sry the nub qns as i newbie here
#4  February 20, 2018, 10:17:21 am
    • Singapore
Hmm hi again. After multiple recoding to integrate all kind of jumps in a single char... i wonder if there are any known bugs or conflicting features that may make my task impossible to implement?