YesNoOk

MegaMan Zero help: Power Bar, disable Up as jump completely, and more (Read 25087 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, August 20, 2018, 03:41:51 am
Share this topic:
MegaMan Zero help: Power Bar, disable Up as jump completely, and more
New #1  August 20, 2018, 03:41:51 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Hi guys, I decided to get back to making MegaMan Zero and finish him. I got a good majority of normal Zero's special attacks down pact, such as his rising slash, sword beam, and rapid punch, I just need to add his air charge slash, his charged punch, and his downward thrust attack.

However I do need some help. You guys remember my thread about charge attacks using the power bar, right? Well, I wanna know how to keep the power bar at 0, because the charge attacks will interrupt the regular attacks and they'll execute automatically even if a button isn't pressed when the power bar is at max. How do I keep the power bar at 0 so that it's not much of a issue?

Also, Up is still not completely disabled. When I press up, Zero will walk in midair. How do I completely disable up?

Now Zero's downward thrust attack is going to be a bit of a doozy. I've had this attack before in the MegaMan Zero Collection cartridge I've had a long time ago, but I've lost that cartridge. I have completely forgotten how the move works, but I do believe that Zero goes straight down when he does the attack. How can I make Zero go straight down without having any problems?

Edit: I've completely forgot what else I was going to ask you, now it just hit me. It's Omega Zero's level 2 charge shot. You remember me saying that Omega Zero is going to function similarly to Model OX, right? Well I wanna know how to make the level 2 shot fire 2 projectiles instead of 1, like Model OX's OX buster and how it can fire 2 shots when fully charged. How do you code that?
Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:14:12 pm by RedDragonCats17
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Power Bar, disable Up as jump completely, and more
#2  August 22, 2018, 12:01:10 am
    • USA
Here's some videos of my power bar problem:

There's another problem I've completely forgot to address. It's the rising flame slash, I can spam the start of the slash every time it connects. Here's a video showing this:

Here's the code for the attack as well.

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Rising Flame Slash
[Statedef 1400]
type = S
movetype = A
physics = S
juggle = 2
ctrl = 0
anim = 1400
sprpriority = 2

[State 1400, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = !var(10) && animelem = 3
value = S1000,0
channel = 1

[State 1400, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = AnimElem = 1
attr = S, NA
damage = 23, 0
animtype = Light
guardflag = MA                   ;Flags on how move is to be guarded against
hitflag = MAF                    ;Flags of conditions that move can hit
priority = 3, Hit                ;Attack priority: 0 (least) to 7 (most), 4 default
pausetime = 8, 8                 ;Time attacker pauses, time opponent shakes
sparkno = 0                      ;Spark anim no (Def: set above)
sparkxy = -10, -76               ;X-offset for the "hit spark" rel. to p2,
hitsound = S5, 0                  ;Sound to play on hit
guardsound = 6, 0                ;Sound to play on guard
ground.type = High               ;Type: High, Low, Trip (def: Normal)
ground.slidetime = 1             ;Time that the opponent slides back
ground.hittime  = 11             ;Time opponent is in hit state
ground.velocity = -4             ;Velocity at which opponent is pushed
airguard.velocity = -1.9,-.8
air.type = High
air.velocity = -1.4,-3
air.hittime = 15
getpower = 0,0
givepower = 0,0

[State 1400, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = animtime = 0
value = 1401
ctrl = 0

[Statedef 1401]
type = A
movetype = A
physics = N
juggle = 1
ctrl = 0
anim = 1401
sprpriority = 2

[State 1401, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = time = 1
x = 3
y = -4

[State 1401, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time = 20
value = 1402
ctrl = 0

[Statedef 1402]
type = A
movetype = I
physics = N
ctrl = 0
anim = 1402
sprpriority = 2

[State 1402, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = time = 1
x = .5
y = -.5

[State 1402, Gravity]
type = Gravity
trigger1 = animelemtime(1)>1

[State 1402, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = pos Y >= 0 && vel Y > 0
value = 1403
ctrl = 0

[statedef 1403]
type = S
movetype = I
physics = S
velset = 0,0
poweradd = 0
anim = 47
ctrl = 0
sprpriority = 2

[State 1403, PosSet]
type = PosSet
trigger1 = 1
y = 0

[State 1403, 3]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 0
ctrl = 1

How do I fix this?
#3  August 22, 2018, 01:05:29 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok, I tried reading your post like 10 times but I didn't understand what you want to do with the power bar. Do you mind trying to explain it with more details?

For disabling the UP button, if you're using KFM as a template or anything like that, you'd have to overwrite the common1 states, creating your own jump code or something. I've never tried to do something like that, so this is just a guess. What I'd do is look at characters with the UP button disabled codes so you can have an idea. Jumps are almost always in states 40~49.

For the attack spam, check the CMD. Should have something like this there:
Code:
trigger1 = StateNo = 1400 && MoveHit ; or MoveContact
You can remove it and you won't be able to spam the attack anymore.
#4  August 22, 2018, 05:16:26 am
    • USA
Thanks for the code.

My idea is to use the power bar for the charge attacks. As long as now attacks are performed, the power bar stays at 0. But if you hold the attack buttons, such as Zero's Z Saber, the power bar will go up, letting go will drain the power bar back to 0.
#5  August 22, 2018, 06:01:36 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I think I got it now. If you don't want to gain power at all, put this in your states:

Code:
poweradd = 0

An example:
; Standing Light Punch
[Statedef 200]
type = S
physics = S
movetype = A
ctrl = 0
velset = 0, 0
sprpriority = 1
poweradd = 0
facep2 = 1

I remember that if you omit this line you still get some power when you enter the state. Not sure if this will solve, but give it a try.
#6  August 22, 2018, 06:08:53 am
    • USA
Here's the thing, I made a power add for the charge. When I let go, the power just stays.

Code:
[State -2, Saber Power]
type = PowerAdd
trigger1 = command = "hold_x"
value = 15

This will make the charged slash, which requires maximum, to interfere with the regular attacks.
#7  August 22, 2018, 08:12:49 am
    • USA
Alright, small update: I've added your piece of code to the command, as you can see, and he's still spamming the start of the slash.

Code:
;Rising Flame Slash
[State -1, Rising Flame Slash]
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = command = "x"
triggerall = command = "holdup"
trigger1 = statetype !=A
trigger2 = StateNo = 1400 && MoveContact

I made it a trigger2 because if I make it trigger1, he won't do the move at all. Got any other ideas?
#8  August 22, 2018, 06:21:28 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well, the idea was to REMOVE this code (if it was present, of course), not adding it. Now looking at how you coded it, try adding this:
Code:
triggerall = ctrl
And remove the other one you added.
#9  August 22, 2018, 07:22:11 pm
    • USA
I've added the code in and removed the other one like you told me, and Zero won't do the move at all.

Code:
;Rising Flame Slash
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = command = "holdup"
triggerall = ctrl
trigger1 = statetype !=A
#10  August 22, 2018, 09:37:02 pm
    • USA
How about put our eyes on the power bar, shall we?

I tried using a power set, again, this time using trigger1 = 1. The power bar isn't charging when I hold the attack buttons.

I'm gonna try a few things, but do you guys have any ideas?

Update: Time = 1 almost did the job, so I'm getting close. I wanna use your ideas for good measure, though.
Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:58:39 pm by RedDragonCats17
#11  August 27, 2018, 08:26:35 am
    • USA
XGargoyle? Odb? Anybody?
#12  September 08, 2018, 12:04:18 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
Isn't working when checking for control because mugen is trying to send you into a jump state. You're holding up so it's trying to switch states on you.
Use debug to see what state(s) you're being sent into when you press Up.

You have to remember this is a computer. They only do EXACTLY what you tell them to do. So if you're thinking it should do something because it's common sense, they have 0 of it.
    [State -2, Saber Power]
    type = PowerAdd
    value = 15
adds, but when you let the button go it just stays. That's exactly what you have there. If you want it to do something when you let the button go,
    [State -2, Saber Power Subtract]
    type = PowerAdd
    trigger1 = command != "hold_x"
    value = -1*Power
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#13  September 08, 2018, 12:31:10 am
    • USA
It's sending me to State 40, the original one, not the one with command A.

Also, what's the *power for?

Update: So I'm trying your code out, and the power bar is going down after I release the button, the problem is that Zero isn't doing the attack.
Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:42:21 am by RedDragonCats17
#14  September 08, 2018, 02:49:55 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
*power multiplies the value by the power.
For example, if you have 1500 power, -1*power would be -1 multiplied by 1500, which is -1500, this will make your power get subtracted by itself all the time.

Edit: try using this in your state 40 (jump state, if your character does not have state 40, create it or copy from common1.cns)
Code:
[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !Time
value = 0
ctrl = 1

This should make sure you never go to state 40 and still have ctrl.
Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:07:23 am by DeathScythe
#15  September 08, 2018, 03:54:43 am
    • USA
I see. Then maybe I should put the power charge and power discharge in the moves themselves. Or do you have any alternatives?

On the Rising Slash: This is interesting, in his Omega mode, Zero does the rising slash after he does his 3rd auto combo slash.
Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:58:19 am by RedDragonCats17
#16  September 08, 2018, 02:39:58 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If there's a way that the power should go away without using the move, set up the triggers to look for that exact set up.
If the power should only go away when he does the move, you can set that right in the Statedef.

poweradd = -Power ;This should work, otherwise use -1*Power
#17  September 08, 2018, 10:39:50 pm
    • USA
I'm holding the button while trying both, and the power doesn't go up. Is there a alternative for a different trigger? trigger1 = command != "hold_x" is the only one I have in mind, since this'll trigger when you release the button.
#18  September 09, 2018, 08:52:56 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So the power should go away while holding the button down in the state that charges it?
I'm asking you if you want the power to reset, and you say you want it to reset but wonder why it's not charging. I'm not sure what your issue is at this point.
#19  September 09, 2018, 03:17:57 pm
    • USA
Aight, here’s my idea. Originally, I intended on using the power bar for charge attacks. The attacks require a certain level of power to trigger, right? What if you don’t reach that level? The power bar will go back down to 0.

I want it to go back down to 0 so that the charge attacks don’t interfere with the normal ones.
#20  September 10, 2018, 01:51:01 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm holding the button while trying both, and the power doesn't go up. Is there a alternative for a different trigger? trigger1 = command != "hold_x" is the only one I have in mind, since this'll trigger when you release the button.
You're telling my you're trying two different methods to get power to cancel out but the opposite isn't working. Why you'd expect the opposite of what you're doing to happen is beyond me. I'm not sure what trigger you want an alt for. You never actually say.
I know your overall idea. I get it. I'm not here to guess what your code is. I'm not here to guess what could be the problem. I try to answer specific questions. At this point I dont think your charging is working. Right? You said the power isn't going up. So work on that problem first.

I cant stress this enough. If you have multiple questions because you have unrelated problems, make multiple threads. The spamming the move is a CMD problem.

Here's the thing, I made a power add for the charge. When I let go, the power just stays.
This will make the charged slash, which requires maximum, to interfere with the regular attacks.
You dont say what the problem is. Or if this is THE problem, you dont ask or say how you'd like it to be. I dont see an actual point to this post. When you say things we dont know if it's a problem or what you want. Say how it is, say how you want it. This will help clear up a lot of confusion.

The main problem I'm getting is you need to learn to work the CMD file a little better. Getting power and having a second move wont interfere with a second move if you do the cmd properly.

I want it to go back down to 0 so that the charge attacks don’t interfere with the normal ones.
This should never be an issue. Ever. Put your charge attacks above the normal attacks in the cmd and add extra trigger checks. That's all you'd ever need for them to not mess with each other.
I honestly dont know how having power could possibly affect the normal attacks, unless you code it to. Did you code it to mess with them?? If not there's zero problem.

If you have a charge move that can charge only in 1 state, all the info goes into that 1 state.
If you have a charge move that can charge in any state, all the info goes into state -2.
Is this the problem?

#21  September 10, 2018, 02:20:18 am
    • USA

This is the problem, but the way how I originally typed it didn't make sense.

Here's the problem. If I just press X or Y, the power will go up and it will stay, and that's if I just press one of the 2 buttons. Sometimes when I'm at a certain level after pressing one button, then press another trying to do a combo, one of the attacks, say the level 1 charge shot, will interfere with the regular Z Saber attacks.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:37:27 am by RedDragonCats17
#22  September 10, 2018, 02:58:20 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
What I understood so far:
Taking reference from the Mega Man games that I played (I've never played MMZ), you press a button, the character (I'll use Mega Man as the example) fires a small energy. If you keep the button pressed for certain time, he will begin to charge a stronger shot, and when you release the button, he will fire it. You want to do something similar to this?

If this is the case, you need to use a poweradd or powerset that will subtract the amount of power you have whenever you release the button, so you'll never get power if you're not holding it, it will stay at 0 forever until you hold the button.

Code:
[State -2, PowerSet]
type = PowerSet
trigger1 = command != "hold_x"
value = 0

This should do the job. Create another one for the Y button, and change the trigger to command != "hold_y", if you need it. This way, you'll never get power again, unless you hold the X (or Y) button.

--------------------

Now, if your move will activate only when you release the button, you should change the triggers for the move in the cmd. I'd create a command, like:

Code:
[Command]
name = "release_x"
command = ~x
time = 1

And use a "triggerall = power >= (insert how much power you want here)".

Edit: I forgot to mention, you also need a power add for when you're holding x (or y).

Code:
[State -2, PowerAdd]
type = PowerAdd
value = (insert value here)

And yeah, I think the codes fit better in the -2 states, so put them there.

Still not sure what exactly you want. If what you want has nothing to do with what I said, all I can say is try to explain it a little more... I know it's annoying but the more details you give, better for us to help you.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:06:24 am by DeathScythe
#23  September 10, 2018, 03:08:52 am
    • USA
Okie doki, I've made the command. Question is, where should I put it in the triggers?

Here are the commands for all of the charge attacks so far.

Code:
;Charge Slash
[State -1, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = power >= 2000
triggerall = var(6) >= 60
triggerall = command != "hold_x"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
value = 300

;Level 1 Charge Shot
[State -1, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = power >= 1000
triggerall = var(3) >= 30
triggerall = command != "hold_y"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
value = ifelse(power >=2000,315, ifelse(power <=999,300,310))

;Level 2 Charge Shot
[State -1, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = var(3) >= 60
triggerall = command != "hold_y"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
value =  ifelse(power >=2000,315, ifelse(power <=999,300,310))

And here's the thing about the powerset. Originally I used the powerset in the exact same way you showed me, and Zero doesn't do his charge attacks at all after I release the button.

Recently, I tried it with command != "x", and Zero's power doesn't charge at all.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:20:11 am by RedDragonCats17
#24  September 10, 2018, 03:43:49 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok, your problem is in the cmd. You need to create the commands for the release buttons, command != "hold_x" will not work.

Take a look at how the cmd works, you create your commands and under the [Statedef -1] you put the conditions for the moves to be used.
Like I said, create commands like this:

Code:
[Command]
name = "release_x"
command = ~x
time = 1

[Command]
name = "release_y"
command = ~y
time = 1

Then, replace ' triggerall = command != "hold_x" ' for ' triggerall = command = "release_x" (and do the same for y button).

Also, you don't need this: value =  ifelse(power >=2000,315, ifelse(power <=999,300,310))
If you put a triggerall = power >= 2000, it will never activate when you're under 2000 power. This is only needed if the triggerall is >= 1000, this means the power can be any number above 1000 (for example, 2000), in this case you use: ifelse(power >= 2000, 315, 310)
Understand? If triggerall is power>=2000, you don't need to put ifelse for when you're under 2000 power, since it will never activate.
#25  September 10, 2018, 03:52:55 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Oh, I forgot to mention. I was reading kfm's cmd file and found this, I think you should be interested.

;   tilde (~) - to detect key releases
;          egs. command = ~a       ;release the a button
;               command = ~D, F, a ;release down, press fwd, then a
;          If you want to detect "charge moves", you can specify
;          the time the key must be held down for (in game-ticks)
;          egs. command = ~30a     ;hold a for at least 30 ticks, then release

It would be even easier than making it with power.
#26  September 10, 2018, 04:02:04 am
    • USA
Aight, I've added your little code, and this is what the command for the level 2 charge shot looks like:

Code:
;Level 2 Charge Shot
[State -1, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = var(3) >= 60
triggerall = command = "release_y"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
value =  ifelse(power >=2000,315,310)

There was no change. Zero still won't execute the shot.

Didn't know you made a reply already. I might give this a shot if I can't do anything about the power bar. Though I won't know what to do with the power bar.
#27  September 10, 2018, 04:19:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I just tested this on KFM, it works fine without the powerset code on statedef -2. The problem is the powerset is making the powerbar go to 0 before the character enters the attack state, which needs 2000 power. I'll see what I can do here and I tell you.
#28  September 10, 2018, 04:24:31 am
    • USA
Okie doki. I'm currently trying to set up some sprites for Vent (Model ZX), he'll pretty much be easier than the other characters that I'm doing since he has most of Zero's Z Saber attacks, also he uses Model X's 2nd shot sprites, which is going to be interesting to do.
#29  September 10, 2018, 04:49:19 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well, I tried doing the trick with the powerbar with no success. It would be better to use it with time. I got it perfectly with time.

- Create a command for the move:
Code:
[Command]
name = "charge_shot"
command = ~60y ; here I used 60 ticks as an example (is equivalent to 1 second more or less)
time = 1
- Remove the "triggerall = power >= 2000" since you won't be using power anymore
- Replace the command, it should be now: triggerall = command = "charge_shot"
- Remove the poweradd / powerset codes on statedef -2

To make it equivalent to the power you were trying before, you can set multiple commands with different time to hold the button.

Code:
[Command]
name = "charge_shot1"
command = ~30y
time = 1

[Command]
name = "charge_shot2"
command = ~60y
time = 1

~30y could be used for power >= 1000
~60y could be used for power >= 2000

And for each state you use different triggers.

This is the only thing that comes in my mind... power bar would become useless. lol

Edit: if you're going to do this, put your commands that need more time to hold the button ABOVE the ones that need less in the cmd. MUGEN will always read it first.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:53:05 am by DeathScythe
#30  September 10, 2018, 05:17:20 am
    • USA
Hm, it works. Of course it's gonna be difficult on whether I'm at level 1 or level 2, since I didn't put in the explods from MegaMan Zero, but I'll take care of that another time. I tried disabling the power bar completely by giving it 0 levels, and MUGEN crashed, so I think it's best if we just ignore it all together.

Now, there's another thing I need help with aside from the rising slash, and that's Omega Zero's intro. I'm planning on giving Omega this teleporting intro that Gold Omega does as you can see (at 1:09):

I made a white square and put it into Omega's intro just for this. I know that resizing it requires a ModifyExplod. Growing and shrinking it like in the video is a different story.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:22:01 am by RedDragonCats17
#31  September 13, 2018, 07:52:50 pm
    • USA
Yet ANOTHER thing I need help with. It's Omega's pillar. Originally I used N64Mario's code, since his Omega is source accurate. However, when his Omega does the move, it's invisible.

Is there a alternative in coding the pillar?
#32  September 14, 2018, 09:12:05 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can set up a modify explod to mimic the intro animation, or just create it. It may be far easier to just have 3 white squares and bounce between them. Read Mugen Class for the modifyexplod. They can get stupid if you dont have all the needed values.

Use debug when coding. And having this problem you should be showing the hit boxes with Ctrl+C. It helps you see invisible stuff that will help you figure out your problems easier.
Make sure you're helper/explod is working by calling anim 0 in place of the one that's not showing up. If you dont see anything, it's not being created.

If you're going to add an effect that monitors if you're holding a button you may be able to do it without a variable. You'll just spawn the helper with Statedef -2 and kill it in Statedef -2 depending if either button is pressed.

There are a few benefits of using your original idea's power charge system over the cmd looking only for the tics method you have now.
The original method you Press X and it does a move, but if you hold it, it charges. Then you Press Y and it does a move and charges. If you let go of X while holding Y and press X a 2nd time, the basic X attack would work, all while charging. Then you could let go of Y and get the super version.
Another thing you possibly lose out on is 2x charging speed. Pressing X and Y at the same time could charge it for each button press.

You were very close to having the original way work. It was all your CMD. Your problem was you'd press Y while it was charging and it'd do a basic move, or if it was charged all the way up, it'd switch and do the super version. What you needed to check for was to see if "hold_x" was active or not when pressing Y.
You really should have set up two variables to watch your X and Y presses. If the way you have now works, keep it.
#33  September 14, 2018, 10:16:16 am
    • USA
Make 3 white squares and bounce between them. Don't know what you mean by that, but I'll see what I can do.

I know about the Ctrl C debug hotkey, I'm more concerned about the beams. The beams are not showing.

It is unfortunate that I had to ditch the power bar idea, but it is what it is. This works much better.
#34  September 17, 2018, 07:38:14 am
    • USA
This is close enough.

I am planning on making another help topic, this time it's about Bardock, as I decided to work on him and add some things here and there. Do you think you can do 2 topics at once?
#35  September 29, 2018, 12:10:16 am
    • USA
Okay, I decided to replace Zero's Recoil Rod with the triple rod, personally because it can make a mess compared to the Recoil Rod.

https://streamable.com/qr0zk

However, I'm still looking for a way to make the rising slash functional, and Omega's pillar visible. Any ideas?
#36  October 07, 2018, 05:44:08 am
    • USA
Welp, I'd hate to bump this thing, but I didn't have a choice.

Does anyone know any alternatives for Omega Zero's pillar to make it visible and source accurate? Originally I used N64Mario's code for it (forgive me for that, man), and the problem is that the sprites for beams in the pillar are completely invisible, so I need a different code.
#37  October 07, 2018, 12:53:51 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So are there sprites in the animation?
Are you using Addition to make them clear?
I'm not sure how they'd be invisible without you setting them that way. Did you use an AssertSpecial?
#38  October 07, 2018, 01:04:51 pm
    • USA
There are, but they're incredibly thin looking at N64Mario's Omega Zero, which I am using as a reference. I originally used his code and tried to adjust it to make the beams visible, and they were visible, the problem is that their not their actual color. In fact, they were pretty messed up.

Here's the original controller for the beams as helpers:

Code:
[State 1000, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1015) = 0
trigger1 = Anim = 1000
trigger1 = AnimElem = 8, >= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Beam Object"
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
persistent = 0
id = 1015
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1015
keyctrl = 0
ownpal = 1

And here are the helpers themselves:

Code:
; Light Beam Object
[Statedef 1015]
sprpriority = 30
movetype = A
anim = 1015
ctrl = 0

[State 1015, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA
time = 1

[State 1015, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = Invisible

[State 1015, PlayerPush]
type = PlayerPush
trigger1 = 1
value = 0

[State 1015, BindToRoot]
type = BindToRoot
trigger1 = 1
facing = 1
pos = 0,1000
time = 1

;====================
; Light Beams
;====================
;---------------
; - Foreground -
;---------------
[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1020) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1020
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1021) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1021
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1022) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1022
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

;---------------
; - Background -
;---------------
[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1023) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1023
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1024) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1024
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1025) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1025
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0
;---------------
;====================

[State 1015, Sound]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Time <= 0
persistent = 0
value = 9, 0
channel = 0

[State 1015, Anim]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Root, Anim != 1000
trigger2 = NumHelper(1020) > 0
trigger2 = Helper(1020), StateNo = 1025 || Helper(1020), Anim = 1025
value = Anim
elem = 1

[State 1015, Destroy]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = NumHelper(1020) <= 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(1021) <= 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(1022) <= 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(1023) <= 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(1024) <= 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(1025) <= 0
trigger1 = Time > 0

; Light Beam Appear
[Statedef 1020]
movetype = A
anim = 1020
ctrl = 0

[State 1020, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA
time = 1

[State 1020, PlayerPush]
type = PlayerPush
trigger1 = 1
value = 0

[State 1020, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time <= 0
fvar(0) = 0

[State 1020, VarSet]
type = VarSet
triggerall = Root, Var(55) > 0
trigger1 = AnimElemNo(0) < Var(10)
var(10) = AnimElemNo(0) - 1

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = AnimElemTime(AnimElemNo(0) + 1) < 0
var(10) = 1

[State 1020, Speed]
type = ChangeAnim
value = Anim
elem = Var(10)

;-------------------------
; Setup Light Beams
[State 1020, BindToParent]
type = BindToParent
triggerall = Root, MoveType = A
trigger1 = IsHelper(1020)
trigger2 = IsHelper(1023)
facing = 1
pos = 0,100
time = 1

type = BindToParent
trigger1 = IsHelper(1021)
trigger2 = IsHelper(1024)
facing = 1
pos = ceil(-20 * const(size.xscale)),1000
time = 1

type = BindToParent
trigger1 = IsHelper(1022)
trigger2 = IsHelper(1025)
facing = 1
pos = ceil(20 * const(size.xscale)),1000
time = 1

[State 1020, SprPriority]
type = SprPriority
trigger2 = IsHelper(1021)
trigger3 = IsHelper(1022)
value = 20

type = SprPriority
trigger1 = IsHelper(1023)
trigger3 = IsHelper(1025)
value = -20

[State 1020, Anim]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim = 1020
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 1021

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = IsHelper(1020) || IsHelper(1021) || IsHelper(1022)
trigger1 = Anim != 1020
value = 1021

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = IsHelper(1023) || IsHelper(1024) || IsHelper(1025)
trigger1 = Anim != 1020
value = 1022

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
value = 1025

[State 1020, Destroy]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = NumHelper(1015) <= 0

; Light Beam Move Forward
[Statedef 1021]
sprpriority = 20
movetype = A
juggle = 10
ctrl = 0

type = SprPriority
trigger1 = 1
value = 20

[State 1020, Trans]
type = Trans
trigger1 = Name = "Shadow Omega Zero"
trigger1 = AuthorName = "N-Mario"
ignorehitpause = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 200,200

[State 1020, AfterImage]
type = AfterImageTime
ignorehitpause = 1
time = 2

[State 1020, Anim]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim != 1021
value = 1021

[State 1020, VarSet]
type = VarSet

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
var(10) = 1

[State 1020, Speed]
type = ChangeAnim
value = Anim
elem = Var(10)

[State 1020, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA
time = 1

[State 1020, PlayerPush]
type = PlayerPush
trigger1 = 1
value = 0

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = Parent, Facing = 1
fvar(0) = 2 * const(size.xscale)

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = Parent, Facing = -1
fvar(0) = -2 * const(size.xscale)

; Binding to Parent
type = null ;BindToParent
facing = 1
pos = 0 + FVar(0),100
time = 1

facing = 1
pos = ceil(-20 * const(size.xscale)) + FVar(0),1000
time = 1

facing = 1
pos = ceil(20 * const(size.xscale)) + FVar(0),1000
time = 1

; Position Set to Parent
[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet
x = Parent, Pos X + FVar(0)

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet
x = (-20 * const(size.xscale)) + Parent, Pos X + FVar(0)

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet
x = (20 * const(size.xscale)) + Parent, Pos X + FVar(0)

[State 1020, AttackMulSet]
type = AttackMulSet
trigger1 = Root, Var(55) > 0
ignorehitpause = 1
value = 0.5

[State 1020, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = NumEnemy > 0
trigger1 = EnemyNear, MoveType != H
attr = A, SP
damage = 30, 0
animtype = Heavy
guardflag = MA
hitflag = MAF-
priority = 3, Hit
pausetime = Ifelse(Root, Var(55) > 0, 0, 1), Ifelse(Root, Var(55) > 0, 0, 5)
sparkno = -1
guard.sparkno = -1
sparkxy = 0, 0
hitsound = S2, 1
guardsound = S2, 0
ground.type = High
ground.slidetime = 20
ground.hittime = 20
ground.velocity = -10
airguard.velocity = -4,-1
air.type = Low
air.velocity = -5,-2
air.hittime = 20

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = ParentDist X < -25 * const(size.xscale)
value = 1022

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
value = 1025

[State 1020, Destroy]
type = DestroySelf

; Light Beam Move Back
[Statedef 1022]
sprpriority = -20
movetype = A
juggle = 10
ctrl = 0

type = SprPriority
trigger1 = 1
value = -20

[State 1020, Trans]
type = Trans
ignorehitpause = 1
trans = addalpha
alpha = 200,200

[State 1020, AfterImage]
type = AfterImageTime
ignorehitpause = 1
time = 2

[State 1020, Anim]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim != 1021
value = 1021

[State 1020, VarSet]
type = VarSet

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
var(10) = 1

[State 1020, Speed]
type = ChangeAnim
value = Anim
elem = Var(10)

[State 1020, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA
time = 1

[State 1020, PlayerPush]
type = PlayerPush
trigger1 = 1
value = 0

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
fvar(0) = -2 * const(size.xscale)

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = Parent, Facing = -1

; Binding to Parent
facing = 1
pos = 0 + FVar(0),100
time = 1

facing = 1
time = 1

facing = 1
time = 1

; Position Set to Parent
[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, AttackMulSet]
type = AttackMulSet
trigger1 = Root, Var(55) > 0
ignorehitpause = 1
value = 0.5

[State 1020, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = NumEnemy > 0
trigger1 = EnemyNear, MoveType != H
attr = A, SP
damage = 30, 0
animtype = Heavy
guardflag = MA
hitflag = MAF-
priority = 3, Hit
pausetime = Ifelse(Root, Var(55) > 0, 0, 1), Ifelse(Root, Var(55) > 0, 0, 5)
sparkno = -1
guard.sparkno = -1
sparkxy = 0,0
hitsound = S2, 1
guardsound = S2, 0
ground.type = High
ground.slidetime = 20
ground.hittime = 20
ground.velocity = -10
airguard.velocity = -4,-1
air.type = Low
air.velocity = -5,-2
air.hittime = 20

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = ParentDist X > 25 * const(size.xscale)
value = 1021

[State 1020, State]
type = ChangeState
value = 1025

[State 1020, Destroy]
type = DestroySelf

; Light Beam End
[Statedef 1025]
movetype = A
velset = 0,0
anim = 1025
ctrl = 0

[State 1020, NotHitBy]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA
time = 1

[State 1020, PlayerPush]
type = PlayerPush
trigger1 = 1
value = 0

[State 1020, VarSet]
type = VarSet

[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
var(10) = 1

[State 1020, Speed]
type = ChangeAnim
value = Anim
elem = Var(10)

; Binding to Parent
facing = 1
pos = 0 + FVar(0),100
time = 1

facing = 1
time = 1

facing = 1
time = 1

; Position Set to Parent
[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, PosSet]
type = PosSet

[State 1020, Destroy]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger2 = NumHelper(1015) <= 0
#39  October 07, 2018, 02:00:45 pm
  • ✨
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I don’t know exactly what you are asking for help with. Can you try asking a more specific question.
#40  October 07, 2018, 11:45:29 pm
    • USA
You know Omega Zero's pillar move, do you? This move?

(at 0:09)

I'm trying to add that to my Zero, in his Omega mode. The code I showed you is the move from N64Mario's Omega Zero. Here's the problem: The beams from the move are invisible. I'm trying to find alternatives for the move to 1: Make the beams visible, and 2: Keep it source accurate.

I'm willing to bet that N64Mario's Omega beams are invisible because of the fact that Omega Zero is a WinMUGEN character. I mean, he is a old character after all.

So, do you happen to know any alternatives for this move?
Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:50:01 am by RedDragonCats17
#41  October 08, 2018, 09:32:12 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Three things jump out at me reading through that book you posted.

[State 1015, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = Invisible

size.yscale = 10000
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0

If the name and author name aren't the exact same it's not going to fire. Might want to change that.
I believe that assertspecial is just to make the placement animation invisible. It probably doesnt control much else.
and that size.yscale is a little large. You might want to drop it to 999 for testing.

Next time you post this much code, please break it up into sections and put it in a few spoilers to make it easier for people on the forum.
#42  October 08, 2018, 09:52:59 am
    • USA
Ignore the Shadow Omega Zero thing, that's actually for a harder version of N64Mario's Omega Zero. In fact, I was trying to avoid it when I was copying the code from his Omega Zero, which is what you're seeing.

I'll also keep that in mind. Sorry for the late edit, I was looking at the code I copied to my Zero. I've managed to make the beams appear, but they appear only once.
Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:16:29 am by RedDragonCats17
#43  October 08, 2018, 10:39:10 am
    • USA
Now this is interesting. I scaled the beams down to -999, since 999 didn't do much of anything, nor did erasing the AssertSpecial, and the beams did appear, but look at some of the beams.

Code:
;====================
; Light Beams
;====================
;---------------
; - Foreground -
;---------------
[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1020) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1020
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1021) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1021
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1022) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1022
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

;---------------
; - Background -
;---------------
[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1023) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1023
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1024) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1024
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

[State 1015, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(1025) = 0
trigger1 = Time <= 0
helpertype = normal
name = "Light Beam"
size.yscale = -999
size.ground.back = 0
size.ground.front = 0
size.air.back = 0
size.air.front = 0
id = 1025
pos = 0, 0
postype = P1
stateno = 1020
keyctrl = 0

https://streamable.com/5mdrz
#44  October 08, 2018, 05:38:36 pm
  • ✨
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I don't understand how changing size.yscale to -999 would make the beams visible and 999 would make them not... Unless the beams y axis are not set to 0 in the air file.
#45  October 08, 2018, 11:03:24 pm
    • USA
I've messed up, it actually makes no difference on whether you scaled it to 999 or -999, the beams are going to be what I've showed you regardless. I've tested it myself.

This is a old character we're dealing with, and all of the code I've shown you is EXTREMELY old.
#46  October 09, 2018, 05:22:20 am
    • USA
Yo, I've managed to make the beams appear in my version of Omega and N64Mario's version by changing the Y axis. The problem is that my version doesn't have the hitboxes, as you can see.

https://streamable.com/j6yir

There doesn't seem to be any value in the hitdefs or anything. I've changed the original numbers (1020, 1021, and 1025) into my numbers (2500, 2501, and 2505), and there is no trace of anim = 1021 in the code, as you can see in the spoilers.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Any ideas? (This is some bizarre coding)
#47  October 09, 2018, 07:48:32 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Add the hitboxes to the animation?
What does anim 1021 have to do with any of this problem?

You never come out and just ask an honest question. You just tell us attributes of whats going on and say, Got any ideas?
You seem to be doing useless edits. Changing the number of the animation does nothing except possibly corrupting more code and using an incompatible animation. 

The hitdef you think doesnt have any values seems completely normal to me. What exactly do you mean by this sentence, "There doesn't seem to be any value in the hitdefs or anything."? You mean it's not hitting P2? If there's no red boxes it'll never hit P2.

Taking into consideration this complete mess and your level of debugging. I'm thinking you DO have hitboxes in the animation. I think you have no clue where to place your beams. And because it's scaled to 999%, the boxes are off screen. So reduce the size of the beam and get it on screen. Work forward, IN SMALL STEPS, from there.
#48  October 09, 2018, 08:33:04 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Also, it looks like you're just throwing a bunch of codes in your char. Even if you're taking reference from another creator, you should first understand what is going on, what each code does. For example, I saw "sprpriority = 30" in your code, I don't think that a value higher than 10 will work, and you don't even need a value that high. A sprpriority 4 or 5 is enough. It doesn't have anything to do with the problems you said, but I'm just showing an example.
So, just copy/paste'ing codes into your char will not work. As I said, you should know what you're doing, what each code will do with your char, know the triggers. etc.
#49  October 09, 2018, 11:14:30 am
    • USA
Okay... Idk how I should reply to all of this.

I will say this, I've gotten the hitbox thing fixed. Turns out I set the hitboxes themselves wrong.

There are 2 more things that I do need help with (the rising slash and Omega's double charge shot), but... idk.
#50  October 09, 2018, 01:04:23 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I was in your position. I didn't know what I didn't know, so how should I be able to ask the right question.
I started to try to describe my question 2 different ways. Sometimes 3. Cyanide and everyone else on the forum helped me out for years. Sometimes I go back and read my old posts and laugh at the ways I'd ask questions.
We dont know what you dont know.
Say each part of your problem. Say what you want, Say what you got, and say what's good and bad. Then the more questions you can throw at us the better/easier it'll be. We need to know where youre going and where youre at to get you there, but it's a little more than that.

Rereading my messages, I feel like I came off like I'm coming down for you. Please dont feel that way. I'm sorry if you did/do.

DeathScythe is right. I'm not sure if you know exactly what was going on with the code. But reading each bit and kinda having it unravel in your head helps a ton. Guessing/tracking what the variables do is probably the most important part of copying code. Mainly because the value may already be used. Something like this
[State 1020, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
Isn't for the average newcomer. You got it working so that says a lot.

As for the rising slash and the double charge shot, make two new posts. One for each of the problems. Be as specific with each question as you can, then ask the same idea a second way. It'll help triangulate the point of the problem. Keeping the two issues separated could also avoid any confusion the person reading it may have.

Another thing, if you use Ctrl+C, and set debug mode to on in the settings your life will be much easier. You'd have seen blue boxes instead of red and figured it out instantly. (but maybe the blue blended in with the fx)
#51  October 09, 2018, 04:40:52 pm
    • USA
It's all good, it is a common problem for all of us I guess.

Since everything is alright now, the rising flame slash. Last time I did the slash, I've replace the triggeralls command = "holdup" and command = "x" with one triggerall, command = "up_x"

Code:
;Rising Flame Slash
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = command = "up_x"
triggerall = statetype != A
trigger1 = ctrl

And the entire move is separated into 4 parts.

The part where Zero raises his saber:

The part where he's in the air:

The part when he comes down:

And when he lands:

Right now Zero can't do the move at all when I press up and X, and initially when I added this move in, Zero could only do a similar move in his Omega mode, but spam the part where he raises his saber, which could be reminiscent to the saber trick from X4 which isn't what I want. I want this move to work every time I press up and X, and I don't want it to spam the beginning. How can I make that happen?
#52  October 09, 2018, 04:55:31 pm
    • USA
Omega's double shot is something I've never done before, but it is based on Model OX's double shot when you activate it's abilities.

https://streamable.com/6sa66

How do you think it's possible to code something like this?
#53  October 09, 2018, 08:56:30 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok, let's work first with the Rising Flame Slash, and forget about the Double Shot for now.
I've read your code and there's nothing wrong with it, the move itself should work. The only thing that is bothering me is your var(10). What is this var for?
And you said Zero isn't doing the move at all. In debug mode, when you do the command, what does it say? Is it going to state 1400? If not, the problem is in the CMD.
I'd suggest you to post what your command = "up_x" looks like. I still think that using 'command = hold_up && command = x' would be better, but I need to know how you coded the new command.

About the spamming, I said it before, is just a matter of 'ctrl', you already have 'trigger1 = ctrl' in the cmd, and all of your states have ctrl = 0, it should prevent the spamming.
#54  October 09, 2018, 09:33:20 pm
    • USA
The var(10) is for this.

Code:
[State -2, Omega Zero]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = name = "MegaMan Zero" && palno = 7
var(10) = 17

This is for the Omega Zero mode. If there's enough demand for Zero to be released in regular MUGEN, I'm planning on making a separate DEF file for Omega Zero.

The command up_x should be self explanatory.

Code:
[Command]
name = "up_x"
command = /$U,x
time = 1

However, I will try what you showed me and see what happens.

Update: Fast, I know. I tried your code and it didn't do much of anything. I'm willing to bet that it's the original jump state. Up as jump is hard coded into MUGEN, as we know, so there's gotta be a way to bypass it. The question is: How?
Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:42:34 pm by RedDragonCats17
#55  October 09, 2018, 10:00:55 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok. What is in your state 40? Or you don't have it coded?
And you didn't say what appears in debug when you try the Rising Flame Slash.

Edit: to make it fast, if you don't have state 40 coded, copy and paste this in your CNS. If you have, modify it (replace it with the following):

Code:
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S
ctrl = 0
sprpriority = 1
facep2 = 1

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !Time
value = 0
ctrl = 1

This will disable jump completely, sending your char imediately to state 0 (idle). And you'll still have ctrl while holding UP. I guess this will make it work.
Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:15:41 pm by DeathScythe
#56  October 09, 2018, 10:29:57 pm
    • USA
I do have it coded. I copied a common1 that Vans made (I think he made it).

As for the debug, when I hold up:

ActionID = 0; Sprite = 0,3; ElemNo = 1/6; Time = 1/128

StateNo = 0; Ctrl = 1; Type = 1; Movetype = 0; Time = 0

Code:
; Jump Start (not used)
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S
anim = 40
ctrl = 0
sprpriority = 1

[State 40, 1]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "a"
sysvar(1) = 0

[State 40, 2]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
sysvar(1) = 1

[State 40, 3]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
sysvar(1) = -1

[State 40, turn]
type = turn
trigger1 = command = "holdback"
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd"

[State 40, 4]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
x = 0
y = const(velocity.jump.y)

[State 40, 5]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger1 = prevstateno = 100 ;RUN_FWD
trigger1 = sysvar(1) = 1
x = 0

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !Time
value = 0
ctrl = 1

And as you can see from the bottom, I do have the code you posted, but it's not doing anything.

(About the turns and the velset, I wanted Zero to turn the opposite direction while he's in the air. I've added this in the air attacks)
Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:33:08 pm by RedDragonCats17
#57  October 09, 2018, 10:47:07 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Try replacing your code with the one I posted. Like literally delete what you already have and use the new one only (of course save a backup first). Just to see if when you do the command, Zero goes to state 1400.
#58  October 09, 2018, 11:37:05 pm
    • USA
I deleted everything in state 40 and copied your code. Although Zero is still in his idle, I hold up, and Zero still doesn't do the attack. Matter of fact, nothing in the debug changed.
#59  October 10, 2018, 06:56:10 pm
    • USA
Aight, going a little more in depth.

I deleted everything in state 40 and copied your code. In this video, I held Up and pressed X. As you can see, I didn't get to state 1400.

https://streamable.com/oxpgv

Originally I used the "up_x" command, as I was taking reference from Fusion's Maverick Hunter Zero. The question still remains: How can we bypass up as jump.
#60  October 11, 2018, 02:08:06 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Jump is not the problem, we have already disabled it. The probem is something in the CMD.
I just tested this on KFM and is working perfectly. I disabled jump with the code I posted before, inserted your command and changestate, and it worked fine. I dunno what is wrong with your character.
Did you put your changestate under the "[Statedef -1]" line in the CMD?
Try removing your triggeralls one by one to see if something is conflicting there, starting by "triggerall = !var(10)".
#61  October 11, 2018, 03:26:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Add
[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger2 = time = 0
value = 1400
ctrl = 0
Above the changestate in state 40. If you cant beat it, join it.

When making a move that just wont launch, I always switch out my ChangeState for state 200. SLP, or X works. I know my triggers will switch states when I press it. So test and see if the move works at all.
If it works when you switch out 200 for 1400 then you know it's your changestate in statedef -1.
If it doesn't work, your changestate may, or may not, work. But you know your move doesn't.

Lots of moves that override jumps get mixed up. Instead of
triggerall = statetype != A
you may want a trigger like
triggerall = pos y >= -5
I'm half asleep right now so what you want is just a tiny bit of pixels above ground level. Mugen may switch the state type to be equal to air. So your trigger wont fire. But if it does switch to state 40, the command in it should activate and work as a back up.
#62  October 11, 2018, 09:51:18 pm
    • USA
I tried your code, and the result in game didn't change much.

Code:
;Rising Flame Slash
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = pos y = -4
trigger1 = ctrl

Code:
;Jump Start (not used)
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S
ctrl = 0
sprpriority = 1
facep2 = 1

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger2 = time = 0
value = 1400
ctrl = 0

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !Time
value = 0
ctrl = 1

I tried taking matters into my own hands and tried taking reference from N64Mario's Omega Zero once again. Originally, I used command = holdup to see if anything will change. Turns out it didn't work.

I'm gonna try a couple more things and see what happens.

However, I do need one thing that I was working on while I was waiting for you, and that's to destroy a helper in another one of my moves, which is a electrical down thrust.

I'm using the electric blade as a helper, unlike the flame blade and the regular Z-Saber. What I'm trying to do is destroy the helper when Zero lands on the ground. I used a Destroyself state with pos y >= 0 as a trigger, and it didn't do much. How can I get rid of this helper when I land.

Nevermind, I got the electric blade working properly.

Update:  Aaaand I got nothing.
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:00:32 am by RedDragonCats17
#63  October 12, 2018, 01:29:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
triggerall = pos y = -4
Do you know how insanely improbable this is?
You said the code didn't change much. So it did change.

I believe the code for your state 40 fixed a couple problems for you. You need to be using that code in conjunction with new stuff for this move.

"As you can see in this code, I used command = holdup to see if anything will change."
I dont see that in the code at all.

Did you try switching the changestate for 200 into 1400?? Does the move actually work?
#64  October 12, 2018, 01:48:08 am
    • USA
The post has been edited.

The move does work, I've tested it originally with command B, since it's not really used. The problem is the button combination for the move, and Up is one of the buttons.
#65  October 13, 2018, 10:45:41 pm
    • USA
HAHAHAHAAAAA!! I've managed to fix the problem! Turns out it wasn't Up being the problem, it was the placement of the move.

I had the rising slash placed at the bottom of the commands. I moved it up at the bottom of the jump and dash commands, and it works.

I've also took reference from N64Mario's Vent (the MegaMan character) and used this for state 40, as I found out that pressing Up with Deathscythe's code while Zero has his back on the opponent, he turns around.

Code:
;Jump Start (not used)
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
trigger2 = command = "holdback"
value = 20
ctrl = 1

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holddown"
value = 10
ctrl = 1

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
value = 0
ctrl = 1

Admittedly, I've had problems with other moves, such as the dash slash and a uppercut slash. I've fixed them by placing them at the top as well. So all that's left, really, is the double shot, then I need some help on standard functions such as when Zero gets hit (plus a config for that), the wall jump (a config for that as well), and his charge explods.
Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:02:28 pm by RedDragonCats17
#66  October 14, 2018, 10:19:50 pm
    • USA
Aight, I decided to pick up where I left off from Discord to here, since Odb's advice will be buried by a bunch of other messages.

Last night, on Discord, Odb gave me these instructions for Omega's double charge shot:

I would copy and paste the exact same code, then change the statedef number to something something 50 or a whole new number if you have it
like if charge shot is state 1100, and you dont already have a 1150 state, use that
Then, set up your command to switch to it. Test. make sure to use debug to see it's in the correct, new, statedef
Then make a new anim, with more time for the second shot to come out, change the anim in the statedef
once the new anim works and the original chargeshot still fires, duplicate the projectile/helper and set the spawn time/animelemno to be later
should be 85% of exactly what you need right there
if the helper/projectile isn't responsible for the sounds, add a trigger2 or whatever you need.

Now I followed most of the instructions. I made a new anim for the 2nd shot, then I made a new command for the 2nd shot, which is this:

Then Odb said that I don't have to make another change state, I just use triggerall = command = "button (in this case, Y)" on the helper/projectile spawn. So I got rid of the command.

Here's how the double charge shot works. You charge your buster up to 2 levels, you let go of the button to fire the shot. There's a 2nd shot, which can be fired at any time with a press of a button. Model X from MegaMan ZX and X from MegaMan X2 (X buster upgrade) have the same mechanism; however, Model X's 2nd shot is a completely different beast. In fact, it's gonna be on a completely different help thread.

So, if you guys got any instructions or examples/codes, I'll see if I can make it work. I'm gonna see if I can somehow picture Odb's instructions.
#67  October 15, 2018, 04:46:56 am
    • USA
Okay, I am lost.

I've copied the same state as normal Zero's charge shot and switched it to become Omega Zero's.

I've also made a command for the state.

And 245 is this anim, I've used this anim on the standard shot and the level 1 shot.

But idk what to do next. I want the 2nd shot to fire when I press the Y button and use the same anim. Do I make a change state for that or what? What do I do?
#68  October 15, 2018, 11:02:44 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You dont have a second projectile.
I'm not telling you you dont need a changestate to get into the state or I'm not even sure what you're thinking.
In the state, in any state,
is a valid command.
Change the "x" to be the command, probably "y", to what will fire the second shot. Use that as a trigger in the second projectile so it doesn't fire until you press y.
More than likely you're going to want a looping animation. Then you'll want a changeanim after a certain amount of time. You'll want a changestate to equal the ending animation and it's last frame to exit to state 0.
i'm not sure how the move works exactly. So if you dont press Y that's what will happen. It'll just end.
WHEN you press y and if fires the shot you may want to switch to a firing animation. Use that 3rd animation and it's ending frame to exit to state 0.
#69  October 16, 2018, 12:02:10 am
    • USA
The 2nd projectile seems to only work with time, not with a command. It also doesn't accept time more than 6 ticks.

Are there any alternatives for this?
#70  October 16, 2018, 08:19:48 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm not trying to be rude, but you really need to back over the basics.

[State 240, Projectile]
type = Projectile
triggerall = var(10)
triggerall = command = "y" ;whatever you need
trigger1 = time >= 6    ;hitting it exactly at tic 6 would be pretty dang hard
trigger1 = time <= 16  ;This makes a window of time 10 tics to press y

Remember if your animation loops the time might loop as well. Check debug and watch your values.
#71  October 16, 2018, 11:54:50 am
    • USA
Aight, here's what's up. I decided to try your code now instead of tomorrow because I don't think I'm gonna get some sleep, because my sister brought her cat over here. I have to watch him and make sure that he doesn't slug it out with my 3 cats and my grandma's cat, otherwise things will get ugly.

I'd hate to say it, but your code didn't work. Bluecross made a version of Model OX. I'm thinking about taking a look at his double shot code, post it here, and see if it's possible to make a more simple code, but make it have the same effects. I'll be right back.
#72  October 16, 2018, 12:46:43 pm
    • USA
...This is kinda confusing. According to the debug, if I activate Model OX's OIS mode (that's the biometal thing I was talking about and showed you in the video), and fire the shots, these are the states:

I've also looked at the commands. There are, apparently, 3 changestates for 300. These 2 look like they are for the charge shots.

Apparently, if I fire the 2nd shot instantly after the first, it's still in state 300, but if I fire the 2nd shot later, it's state 340, which is this.

And this state is for the regular shot when you activate Model OX's OIS shot.

There is another animation for the 2nd shot, 301 in Model OX. In the debug, Model OX uses anim 300 in the first shot, and anim 301 in the 2nd.

Idk how to word every single detail in this, and idk if I can even picture a simpler code for a move like this.

It's kinda funny because this was a similar case to when I was having trouble with Omega's pillar. When I asked for alternatives, I meant a more simple code.
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:56:22 pm by RedDragonCats17
#73  October 16, 2018, 09:19:36 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Just browsing the two states they look extremely similar to me.
If you want to use someone who sets a variable that equals another variable's code, that's cool.
Sometimes there's no simple way to do something. But I've given you that way.
I just find it kinda funny how I told you to copy and paste code and this method you found, the guy seems to have copied and pasted the code.

You do get that the person is using statedef 300 for three different moves right?
#74  October 16, 2018, 09:58:05 pm
    • USA
Yes. I didn't show you the first one, but it's for the standard shot without OIS mode on. The 2 statedef 300's I showed you are for the level 1 charge shot without OIS mode on, the same code for the first charge shot with OIS mode on, and the 2nd charge shot.

Code:
;===========================================================================
; Stand Shoot
[State -1, Stand Shoot]
type = ChangeState
value = 300
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = var(56) != 1
trigger1 = statetype != A
trigger1 = ctrl

I'm not sure how I can word out the details in the commands. So if you got a command that's a little more simple and less messy, gimme your best shot (no pun intended, because this move is a projectile).
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:04:45 pm by RedDragonCats17
#75  October 17, 2018, 12:17:23 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I dont know what you're talking about. At all.
WHY are you talking about a changestate right now? Please answer WHY.

I dont understand what the problem is at this point. You've switched off your task like 3 different ways now. I'm not sure what your current goal is. Like usual. You haven't said what you're working on and what doesn't work and what you want it to do. I cant stress this enough.

What are you currently trying to do? Not a simple "Make two shots work" I need a specific thing. A specific problem.
The 2nd projectile seems to only work with time, not with a command. It also doesn't accept time more than 6 ticks.
Are there any alternatives for this?
Remeber this problem? Remember how close it was to working? And then you just switched everything out? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? All you needed to do was change the triggers. I dont understand how you didn't realize that. You wanted a move that does 2 shots, and had a move that did 2 shots but didn't think that was close.

When we suggest shit, it's not perfect the first time; Get used to it.

----
PLEASE, please do not use characters that don't follow the standard way/number system of doing things for your code base. Either they're made by a person who isn't familiar with mugen, OR it's made by a person making a full game. Both ways means trouble.
#76  October 17, 2018, 08:23:56 am
    • USA
Okay, let's all calm down now. How 'bout we start from the top, but go a little deeper?

Yes, I do want a move that has 2 projectiles. It's not that simple, though, that's why I didn't think it was close to what I wanted, and that's also why I wanted to use a different method.

Get this. You do the traditional full powered charge shot: You hold down the button, reach up to 2 levels, release the button, and fire the shot. That's shot #1. There is a shot #2, which can be fired with the same button. This video goes even further to what I wanted. Not only does it show Model OX doing it, it also shows MegaMan X doing it as well.

https://streamable.com/nand2

I have tried your method, and it only uses time, not a command. I also accepts time no more than 6 ticks, which results Omega Zero doing this. It's not what I want.

https://streamable.com/aqef9

While you have said that it can be done by changing the trigger using command = "y", I have tried that, and it didn't work. I've also tried time >= 6 for trigger1, and another trigger1 with time <= 16, which you have provided, that didn't work either. It only results Omega Zero firing one full powered charged shot after I release the button, and fire a standard shot when I press Y again.

So I resorted to finding a different method. I took reference from source accurate MegaMan ZX characters, such as Model OX, and I posted the code and the command earlier. I then wanted you, or other members, to find a command that's more simple, but still allow the player to do this:

https://streamable.com/wu3sw

Different command, same effect.

So ending this with a question, how can I make this move happen, with this code:

With the same anim (It doesn't loop in game):

And with a command that uses a different state, not the same state?

I do apologize if this is taken at a more negative level. I'm not even trying to be rude or talk smack, but if you want a honest question, with bigger details, this is the best I can do. It's not great, but it's the best I can do.
#77  October 17, 2018, 09:21:48 pm
    • USA
Actually, let's work on something else. We'll worry about the doublle charge shot later.

Y'know how MegaMan characters die, right? They explode into particles? Well I got the particle animation, so how can I make Zero disappear and turn into the particles in question?

#78  October 19, 2018, 12:00:41 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
All of this

Doesn't mean you give up. You mention two tiny problems in the world of mugen coding. TINY. On top of that you didn't mention until days later. DAYS.
If you dont get longer than 6 tics, EXTEND THE ANIMATION. Like I said, you need a NEW ANIMATION (step 2) and once the new animation is working then you add in the rest. So you didn't do step 2. Add like 19 frames of sprites 0,0 to the end of your animation at 2 tics each.
You haven't said how long the pause between shots can be and what happens if you never fire the second shot.
You dont explain if you only fire 1 shot if it should use the 2 levels or because you only fired 1 shot it should use 1 level.

One major thing you need to understand. This
"that didn't work either. It only results Omega Zero firing one full powered charged shot after I release the button, and fire a standard shot when I press Y again."
Doesn't explain anything. Read it aloud. please. please read it aloud. There's two meanings it can take on.
#1 It did actually work. You fired the first shot. Then your pressed Y again and got a standard shot.
#2 The move fired off. 1 Charge shot happens then returns to state 0 and for some reason you mention that a move that works, works.
So it either did work and all you had to change was Var(10) or whatever switches the strength of the shot, or you only got 1 shot to work. I'm not 100% sure which way it is. Really focus on explaining things here concisely. There should be zero wiggle room for guessing. 
But here's the thing. In the video you link. You fire a little pellet and load up, let it rip, and two identical blast fire off. They look the same to me.
So in your video, the 2 possibilities that I imagine dont line up. So there's a #3 that I'd have to totally guess 

The whole idea of "It doesn't go past 6 tics it'll never work, throw it all out" baffles me. I can't understand why you'd think that this is a problem. I mean I get it. It doesn't work exactly the way you want it to.  I don't understand how you wouldn't think to change the timing on the animation, then come back to the forum like, "The move kind of works but it would fire the second shot after 6 tics, so I tried messing with the animation and now blablabla is my new problem" <<<This is what should have happened.
Instead, this
Spoiler: I'm going to comment on each of your lines in red (click to see content)
Is your post. You try to find something to throw at your code instead of trying to fix it. Throw it all out and hope something works with minimal effort. "I had a 2 shot move that shot 2 shots but 1 wasn't strong enough so I gotta find an all new way to do things." But the new way looks exactly the way the current set up works. 

Actually, let's work on something else. We'll worry about the doublle charge shot later.

Y'know how MegaMan characters die, right? They explode into particles? Well I got the particle animation, so how can I make Zero disappear and turn into the particles in question?
How about we stay on track in here. Focus up. You had a move doing 85% of what you wanted. Time to iron out the last 15%.

But me being the helpful person I try to be,
in M.U.G.E.N Development Help in the search bar, type
Death Animation
and read some of those threads to get the idea that's closest to what you want. And @RedDragonCats17: I've told you MULTIPLE TIMES now. Make a new thread for new questions. A New topic. NO POST IN HERE FOR NEW QUESTION. You're four pages deep. No one else is following this thread. My post right here may start the 5th page. It's crazy if you think some new person is going to follow 4 pages to stumble across your current problem. We could have built this move from the ground up by now.

@RedDragonCats17: Stop switching problems in the middle of a dev help thread. Consider this a warning from a global moderator. I honestly cant stress this 1 more time. Make a new thread for an all new problem. If a new problem arises from what you're currently working on, continue the thread. If you want to start an all new move, or a death animation, or anything unrelated to what the thread title is about, make a new thread. and that "and more" shit doesnt cut it.

Stay on track and lets finish this double shot. Retry what I suggested.
#1 Copy and paste the single charge shot and rename the statedef and get the cmd to fire it.
#2 Create a new animation, the length and frames you need, and replace it's anim number for the one in the new state.
#3 Duplicate the Charge shot projectile in the state and change it's triggers to the timing and command you need.

New #79  October 19, 2018, 09:42:43 pm
    • USA
Okay, I will admit, originally when I made the new animation, I duplicated anim 245 and didn't extend the length, because I wanted to give the player the option to rapid fire both shots, but I decided to extend the length of the last frame and add a new one in, and it I guess it can rapid fire just fine.

So the double shot works, but the 2nd shot appears out of thin air, which does look weird.

https://streamable.com/r0gzx

Just because Omega Zero says he's the messiah, doesn't meant he's some freak ass god who can make a bullet fire out of thin air or something. After all, he's using Zero's original body, y'know.

Anyway, I decided to duplicate the new anim for the 2nd shot and make a change anim for the 2nd shot. It does work, but when Zero fires the 2nd shot, 2 shots came out. I eventually I found out that Omega Zero can fire a laser/stream of bullets,

https://streamable.com/xhp09

How do I fix this?

Update: Now this is interesting. I decided to mess around with Omega Zero for a bit, and I decided to fire the double messiah thin air shot for fun. One time, I actually fired 3 shots. And this is without the changeanim code.
Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 09:53:45 am by RedDragonCats17