YesNoOk

no feedbacks (Read 27589 times)

Started by Iced, December 07, 2013, 09:32:28 pm
no feedbacks
#1  December 07, 2013, 09:32:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/soul-edge-2-demo-1-0-a-155699.msg1874812.html;topicseen#msg1874812

jm called my attention to this.

the first post originaly had a "no feedback allowed" thing, people reacted angrily and the thread maker eventually went back to allowing feedback, I dunno how to react to it, on one side I can understand why people would be mad over being told that they werent allowed to give him feedback on the other even if he sounds really dumb by asking for such a thing maybe he shouldnt be pushed around over it.

Re: no feedbacks
#2  December 07, 2013, 09:48:15 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
If someone doesn't want feedback on their project, that's completely fine. It's perfectly acceptable to use the forum just to announce your release. The way people responded was not cool.
#3  December 07, 2013, 10:14:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i dont think thats enforceable either, you cant force people not to leave you feedback, we sure as heck arent going to mod people for leaving him feedback. This is reminding me of "elite" rules upon releasing characters where they would demand things to be done.

thing is, they shouldnt bully the guy into accepting their feedback, but he cant ( or us by extension ) force them not to put down feedback, at most he can ignore it.
#4  December 07, 2013, 10:22:59 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So what's the alternative here?  We can't force someone to accept feedback if they don't want it, and we can't forbid people from leaving feedback if they feel the need to.  What exactly is there to do in a situation like this?

Mog

#5  December 07, 2013, 10:28:20 pm
It's a discussion forum, it's not the right place to start a thread and tell people not to give feedback. 
#6  December 08, 2013, 01:43:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Why is this private? Do we need the public board at all anymore?

Couldn't he have just locked his topic? This user has a hard time with feedback and other users lose patience with him so they get hostile. I could understand someone wishing for no in thread feedback if they are worried it'll get too heated.

If someone does not wish to have feedback they should lock the thread on post. Or can normal users not lock their own threads now?
#7  December 08, 2013, 01:49:19 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its private for the obvious reason, imagine a few of us thought that bans should be applied for pushing him into this, you would have the people posting panicking. We are deciding on what we should do, comparing our views on it.

If you dont want feedback you can just lock your thread but it goes rapidly down the stream of posts, it would rapidly turn into the same guy posting over and over to try to bump it back up.
#8  December 08, 2013, 02:11:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If we're concerned about ppl freaking because we say the word ban we should remove the Public Board. This is a normal staff decision and should be transparent to the forum users. I don't know why we might discuss banning in this anyway since it's the 1st time it's being discussed. We can't give harsh punishment for an issue we just figured out we can have :P

Anyway, I stand by my "they lock the thread" idea. If all you wish to do is announce the release you should be able to do so. If the user bumps the topic too much for very small updates then we get onto them. But they should be allowed to bump it at least once every 2 weeks. Otherwise they can just edit the thread with the update.
#9  December 08, 2013, 05:05:30 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
If he ony wanted to make the announcement without allowing that sort of discussion afterwards he should've locked the thread after his first post. Nothing wrong with that. Any further updates would be bump worthy, as usual (but how often will a person that rejects all feedback update his works?), but letting him bump his thread every couple of weeks? Hell no.

This isn't a digital ad bulletin, it's a forum, and if he wants to be a relevant member of such, he must learn how to interact with other members; and that includes coping with criticism.
#10  December 08, 2013, 06:15:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah that's what I meant. He can bump when he updates. I said every other week so he wouldn't bump his thread for rediculously small updates.
#11  December 08, 2013, 11:50:03 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
CVS Artist/Super Dragon Blade/||||/whatever he's going by now should be advised that if he wants no feedback/feedback only through PMs, then the only way to ensure that is to lock his threads. The rest of those bozos should be sternly warned not to bully people.

and yeah this should be public
#12  December 10, 2013, 01:32:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
May I move this to the public board now?
#13  December 10, 2013, 06:40:25 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
no

because I already did it

Posted: December 10, 2013, 06:41:41 am
someone remind me to dispense warnings I'm too tired for that, it took all my energy moving this thread here

'twas like Sisyphus, I tells ya