YesNoOk

"Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07) (Read 18086 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, July 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm
"Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07)
#1  July 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Update, 25.07

I had no Idea that small idea could interest so many people, anyway i made some thoughts about the first and small roster. 6 playable characters and 1 boss would be the idea

Also, no big story for the start, nothing epic about saving the world, defeating mighty foes etc.

Idea would be that Goutetsu, Gouken`s and Akuma`s master wants to test the skills of his two students.

He invites martial artists  to a little tournament to prove their skills, including Gouken and Akuma of course, and as a final challenge, Goutetsu is the final opponent.
I dont know if it is possible with Mugen but how about making him a special boss who cant be defeated, and its only the goal of the player to survive the round? That would be a bit different concept as usual, but would add to the status of Goutetsu as a powerful master or?

The roster of the (first) 6 characters could be

Gouken - around 30 years old
Akuma, around 20 years

Lee - about 27
Retsu - around 30 years

Sagat, young, hot-blooded, skinnier as before, around 23 years old
Mike (i like the ideas by MaxBeta for him) also around 20 years old.

Gouken as main protagonist, Akuma as his rival ...short before becoming evil.

Other characters could be added, the story could evolve after this project would exist.

Graphic style, Street Fighter Alpha like?

Who of you would sprite, code, be a part of the project?

I have 4 artists on deviantart already who love the idea and would draw portraits and concept art

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small Idea i had, maybe someone will find it interesting for character concepts or even a full game.

The Idea is a Street Fighter which plays actually many years before Street Fighter I and Street Fighter Alpha / Zero

This could allow a story before Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and the most other characters were even born.

Instead it could be about young Gouken and Akuma when those two still trained together. Gen could be there as a young or mid-age man. Some of the other popular characters like Sagat could be in it as really young versions around 20-30 years old. Zangief as a 25 year old guy without his beard but still a body like Brock Lesnar?
Rose as a girl under 20? Guys like Mike and Lee from SF1 with similar playstyles as Balrog and Yun/Yang? Sheng Long?

Something like that could probably be an interesting take on the Street Fighter Saga.
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:25:44 pm by GBK667
Re: "Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation
#2  July 24, 2012, 03:11:28 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I had a similar idea years ago.

I was thinking on a 8 characters game like SF II, with 4 bosses, Gouken and Akuma taking the Ryu and Ken spots, having Oro, Gen, Retsu, Lee, Remy's father, and a random woman to avoid the sausage fest.

Never went into thinking who could the bosses be, the Illuminati are there since forever, a young Bison could fit somewhere too.

Oh, and we already have a SF 0, SF Zero. :P
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  July 24, 2012, 03:29:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Heh yeah..SF Zero exsists of course, thats why i wrote the 0 as number ..couldnt come up with a better name, thought that detail isnt important and its just an idea for others

If you think about it, an official SF game which could introduce those characters like Retsu etc. for the first time as playable characters could be damn cool.

There are a lot of SF characters with interesting an interesting history to explore

#4  July 24, 2012, 04:14:30 pm
following
#5  July 24, 2012, 04:19:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
An awesome idea! I would love to see some of those old characters comeback.
#6  July 24, 2012, 04:27:03 pm
    • USA
This is an interesting idea. I would like to see a young akuma made into a character.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  July 24, 2012, 04:35:35 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
you could call it Street Fighter: Origins

it's a damn awesome idea. instead of Ryu and Ken there's Gouki and Gouken with some of the good ol boys in the mix.
#8  July 24, 2012, 04:41:10 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Nice ideas for sure. They could certainly work, especially considering how we have re-sprited/frankensprited SF1 characters floating about.

Maybe it could have something along the lines of "beginnings" or something similar. You could also borrow from Street Fighter V's elements or even Zero's backstory. Ryu and Ken are in training. Akuma learns the raging demon and Gen witnesses it, revealing who Ken and Ryu's master is. We see Geki's backstory and his rivalry with Vega, along with everyone else for that matter. Oh, and we could also throw a non-handicapped Sagat and Goh Hibiki in as rival characters, revealing how Sagat lost his eye and how he murdered Goh. Ideas for this could come along very nicely. I'm conjuring up plenty as I type this paragraph.

This sounds awesome. I'm following this....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:45:16 pm by Saikoro
#9  July 24, 2012, 04:43:39 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Definitely. at this point wasn't Adon also training under Sagat? from what I remember Sagat fell from his throne after Ryu beat him the 1st time. Adon pretty much disowned Sagat.
#10  July 24, 2012, 04:47:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Ah... This, I did not know. You see, this is why I love fighting games from yesteryear: the stories are phenomenal and you could make some pretty interesting fanfiction based off of that material.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#11  July 24, 2012, 04:56:13 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Sagat was Adon's mentor for Muay Thai until Ryu beat Sagat then Adon decided to take Sagat's throne after Sagat was humiliated by Ryu and nearly killed. Sagat's defeat was Adon's uprising to King of Muay Thai. Sagat never forgave Ryu for it and vowed to beat him one day. over time his hate faded after he saw what truly happened to Ryu with the Dark Hadou and understood what it was that beat him. Not Ryu but his Evil self. Sagat began to realize that fighting with hate held no honor so their hateful rivalry became a friendly rivalry. Bison eventually got the best of Ryu and filled him with Psycho power. Sagat fought him reluctantly because he wished to face Ryu again and not this corrupt version of himself(Evil Ryu). he then fought against Bison himself. according to the Alpha series this is what I found out. I may not be totally accurate but it's pretty much how it went
#12  July 24, 2012, 05:01:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dude... That's fucking awesome....

#13  July 24, 2012, 05:07:19 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Don't forget Oro, Goutetsu and Retsu...they are older than everybody else.

Would be nice to see a young Mike Haggar, and teenage versions of Guy and Cody....and of course Birdie.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#14  July 24, 2012, 07:41:18 pm
Off topic but... So Ryu and Sagat aren't like... enemies? And Sagat isn't evil?
#15  July 24, 2012, 07:45:13 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Not in the more recent installments in the series, no.  :)
#16  July 24, 2012, 07:46:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So wait, I thought Sagat was part of Shadoloo in SF2 (which takes place after Alpha). Hell, he has a Shadoloo ending in SF2CE and Turbo
#17  July 24, 2012, 07:47:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
for guy and cody it would be way too early

My idea would play around 20-30 years before the events of Street Fighter I

But guys, its just an idea for you people. I am no spriter, coder, anything. I havent even played mugen since a while now. The only things i can contribute are concepts of the story and also for the characters

What i can also maybe! can do is getting artists onboard i know from deviantart. On my groups there a handful asked me during the last months already if something like a mugen project could be organized.

Small and first basic idea for a roster would be

Gouken & Akuma as the two main protagonists, Gouken around 40 years old, Akuma around 30.

That would be the main idea. How Retsu, Sagat, Lee, Gen, Rose, Rose and of course Goutetsu could come into play, ..i dont know

note: i have not checked the accurate ages of the characters, these are just estimations

Its nice to see this Idea is discussed by many of you, i didnt expect that really
#18  July 24, 2012, 07:57:01 pm
    • USA
So wait, I thought Sagat was part of Shadoloo in SF2 (which takes place after Alpha). Hell, he has a Shadoloo ending in SF2CE and Turbo
Like capcom does sometimes, they flipped up their storyline. Sagat had forgiven Ryu in canon by the end of SFA2. Its shown in SF4 as well, which takes place between SF2 and SF3.

Also, Akuma would already be evil by age 30, so the protagonist role is questionable.
#19  July 24, 2012, 08:03:29 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hmm, when exactly did Akuma becoming evil?

The Idea could be changed of course, with Gouken and Akuma being protagonist and his evil turned brother.
#20  July 24, 2012, 08:08:07 pm
    • USA
The movie SFA: Generations (which is considered canon i believe) places his face change at somewhere around age 19 or 20.

I gotta research further though.
#21  July 24, 2012, 08:31:50 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
i ll ask my FGE (Fighting Games Elite) group on dA which has over 5700 members in a blog now what they think about the idea. I bet at least 10 artists would draw their concepts of young versions of the characters, these could maybe be used as references for spriters.

Does anyone else here like the Idea and would like to be a part of it, if this should get much interest and gets developed into real concepts and a mugen game?

#22  July 24, 2012, 10:40:17 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Absolutely. I think that is a fine idea. I'd love to contribute somehow, even if it's simply giving constructive feedback and technical insight.

Ask Big Boss about how I've been helping him out. Or NoZ's Warzone monicker. Or or Dcat's Krang and some move ideas I gave that became a reality. I would love to help!!

#23  July 24, 2012, 10:42:55 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe think about possible looks for characters, their stories and their movesets, that could be useful

#24  July 24, 2012, 10:44:08 pm
    • USA
Two armed Oro would be awesome!
#25  July 24, 2012, 10:47:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Maybe think about possible looks for characters, their stories and their movesets, that could be useful

On it. I really like this idea GBK. As I like to say, the best ideas happen from whim alone.

I'll work on conjuring up some fresh ideas and PM you within the next couple of days. I'd recommend talking with MaxBeta about this too. He is quite the talented fellow.

#26  July 24, 2012, 11:29:26 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
It's a great idea for sure, hope it gets somewhere.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#27  July 24, 2012, 11:37:19 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Like capcom does sometimes, they flipped up their storyline. Sagat had forgiven Ryu in canon by the end of SFA2. Its shown in SF4 as well, which takes place between SF2 and SF3.

Also, Akuma would already be evil by age 30, so the protagonist role is questionable.

That's why the canon cannot work outside of each series individually.

Each Street Fighter Series has its own individual canon.

SFA is all messed up because events that take place in SFA1 repeat in SFA2 and then the plot in SFA3 brought on a whole slew of problems because it made the whole point in the series an attempt to stop M.Bison and rescue the Dolls instead of there ever being an actual Street Fighter Tournament hosted in Thailand.

So NO. Even though SFA might LOOK like it predates SF2...IT DOESN'T.
A LOT of stuff in both series canon does not relate and creates many discrepancies.

In SFIV (which is a complete reboot and NOT something after SF3) there's Cody with his prison garbs & Sakura still wearing a school uniform...these kinda things just don't pan out if the game was really in canon with the rest of the series.

The only thing that remains faithful to every series is the look and appearance of the characters (somewhat) and each individual story (again somewhat)...because that's how Capcom meant it to be and that's how the fans over the years have loved it. UNIVERSAL.

I think I already made a similar wall of text in the SFA4 Discussion thread a while back...oh well, I love talking about the games I love playing.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#28  July 24, 2012, 11:46:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

That's why the canon cannot work outside of each series individually.

Each Street Fighter Series has its own individual canon.

SFA is all messed up because events that take place in SFA1 repeat in SFA2 and then the plot in SFA3 brought on a whole slew of problems because it made the whole point in the series an attempt to stop M.Bison and rescue the Dolls instead of there ever being an actual Street Fighter Tournament hosted in Thailand.

So NO. Even though SFA might LOOK like it predates SF2...IT DOESN'T.
A LOT of stuff in both series canon does not relate and creates many discrepancies.

In SFIV (which is a complete reboot and NOT something after SF3) there's Cody with his prison garbs & Sakura still wearing a school uniform...these kinda things just don't pan out if the game was really in canon with the rest of the series.

The only thing that remains faithful to every series is the look and appearance of the characters (somewhat) and each individual story (again somewhat)...because that's how Capcom meant it to be and that's how the fans over the years have loved it. UNIVERSAL.

I think I already made a similar wall of text in the SFA4 Discussion thread a while back...oh well, I love talking about the games I love playing.

Capcom had a nice canon plot for sf before sf4, the problems you mention were properly fixed.

[EDIT]

zero 2 overwrites zero 1.
zero3 was not supossed to be about a tournament but rather about dictator's multiple ploys to gain more power (the psycho drive, moving to ryu's body, etc...).
sf2 got overwritten by the latest release (gba I think), so chunli does NOT avenge her father and guile is the one who defeats dictator then gouki kills dictator later, sagat is not part of shadaloo.
Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:50:46 pm by [E]
#29  July 24, 2012, 11:52:05 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Well, with what MaxBeta said, this story could tie into cannon themes. You don't have to be 100% accurate as Capcom hasn't been either.

The way I look at it is Alpha had its cannon. Ex had its own cannon. And SF1, 2 and 3 had an underlying cannon, even if those three games were somewhat related.

That gives some type of liberty with designing this whole thing. You could use elements and characters somewhat freely. As long as characters and their lineages are related, people wouldn't mind a fresh take on some backstory/history.

Let the ideas roll!!

#30  July 25, 2012, 12:04:00 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
SSF2THDR is the latest installment in the SF2 series.
And yeah, SF4 fucked up everything.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#31  July 25, 2012, 12:06:22 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
[E] The plot endings in SSF2 Turbo Revival are exactly the same as in SSF2T just with a little different script and graphics. http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gba/a/ssf2ryu.htm

But no matter. This article will illustrate everyone better. http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2010/jun/03/street-fighter-series-plot-guide/

...and that's not the only article, there's more related stuff found through Capcom Wikia, Capcom Unity, and most people in SRK will agree that these games do not follow a strict canon and cannot follow in sequence one after the other. The key word again being UNIVERSAL. Capcom made these characters this way so they can be renewed and refreshed which each upcoming game.

Thus being said, it would be awesome to create a fangame based on these universal themes as pointed out by Saikoro...and I'm all for it.
#32  July 25, 2012, 12:22:04 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
This will always be a difference of "opinion" as i refuse to accept the changes in the canon introduced when capcom decided to stop giving a fuck about sf, I am based on tiamat's guide when it was still being mantained by him and official statements made by capcom japan and dropped everything once.

a) capcom japan stopped giving a fuck about sf (around the tiem sfz3max something was released).
b) capcom japan put a sound guy in charge of the franchise.
c) capcom america said that every sf game is it's own separate universe and there is no continuity between them.

so yeah, what you say is the actual canon, what I said is what used to be the canon before as i pointed out; there is no need to talk in circles.
#33  July 25, 2012, 12:34:28 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

I REFUSE TO HEAR IT!!!...THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CANNON!!!

Okay if you say so...just bear in mind all fighting games are great at two things.

a) Being addictive
b) Having a shitty canon/storyline sequence

But you are right, its nothing worth the need of talking in circles.

So yeah, about this fangame GBK proposes...will it have canon? **ducks and evades cans and tomatoes**

MDD

#34  July 25, 2012, 12:40:12 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
It would be silly to see young Akuma and high school Sakura in the same game, so yeah i'd imagine it will.
#35  July 25, 2012, 12:50:23 am
    • USA
The story working out wouldn't be to much to worry about if you kept the roster small.

Why not do like 6-8 characters that are obviously in the right time gap. Then it would feel like a early SF game.
#36  July 25, 2012, 12:53:29 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

I REFUSE TO HEAR IT!!!...THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CANNON!!!

Okay if you say so...just bear in mind all fighting games are great at two things.

a) Being addictive
b) Having a shitty canon/storyline sequence

But you are right, its nothing worth the need of talking in circles.

So yeah, about this fangame GBK proposes...will it have canon? **ducks and evades cans and tomatoes**

In general i believe a fan game does not have to be canon, and in the case of SF it might be difficult to create characters as canonical as possible. Instead some own Ideas might be needed.

@MDD

In my Idea of a SF Origins, a Sakura is not yet born.

It could play around 1965-1970. I would have to check  and read a bit about all the SF history/ before coming up with real concepts to make this game idea not a clusterfuck.

Additional Ideas i got from People at deviantart

Chun Li`s father involved and a playable character?
Zekuu, Guy's teacher and the previous master of Bushinryu could be in the game

8 characters and 1-2 bosses sound like a good idea @ink

90% of the ideas and projects i saw with giant rosters were never developed.

question: who of you would like to work on a part of such a game?

MDD

#37  July 25, 2012, 12:57:33 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
-Gouken
-Akuma
-Gen
-Retsu
-Sagat
-Lee
-Rose
-Gou Hibiki/Chun-Li's father
-2 or 3 secret characters? Adon or Goutetsu maybe?
-Bison or Urien as possible bosses?

You have a shitload of possibilities with this but that's how I would do it.

EDIT: Ninja'd but yeah.
#38  July 25, 2012, 01:00:04 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Most def.

I'm all for seeing characters like Mike, Lee, Joe and Geki who have forever banished since that old arcade cabinet.

- Mike could be young, since he does have a very mature appearance in SF1, and since he boxes...well, he could probably have some gloves and maybe even a coach in his corner.
You would consider him to be more speedy and boxing like. I dunno, kinda like a Mike Tyson when he was at his prime and before he got way cocky kinda type. A fro would be cool too.

- Lee, well...along with Gen in the game this could definitely be an item kinda like what Yun and Yang did for SF3. Two different fighters, two different kung fu styles.

- Joe and Geki would probably be young adults here. Bring that old Cody and Vega nostalgia backed up with a few new moves and this could work.

- Sagat...well yeah, with two eyes, no scar and a hairy crest similar to Adon's but not as spiky.

more later.
#39  July 25, 2012, 01:03:48 am
    • USA

MDD

#40  July 25, 2012, 01:06:20 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Works better than Rose so long as she wouldn't be another shoto.
#41  July 25, 2012, 01:24:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i gouken is gonna be 20-25 I don't think her daughter would work, unless you mean goutetsu's.
#42  July 25, 2012, 01:27:19 am
    • USA
#43  July 25, 2012, 02:10:38 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Pardon my indiscretion, but I felt inspired by this thread...

Here you go... it's all I could whip up in 30 mins:

TOP: Gouki/Akuma, LEFT: Sagat, RIGHT: Gouken

All the designs are based on existing designs for the characters, so I take credit for none of them.
#44  July 25, 2012, 04:41:58 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Niiiice man!! Very cool.

#45  July 25, 2012, 04:58:49 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Those are awesome.

I always thought young Akuma's design looked like a pissed off Ryu but with short spiky hair (kinda like Tatsu's) and young Gouken is a Brunette Ken with a white Gi...or better yet young Gouken is a brunette young Ryu with long hair.

How uniquely inspired were the designers. :P

I'll be posting some official images of stuff that people are already familiar with along with stuff that some of you may have not yet seen...just for thread reference.

The first image includes a young Sagat, early Gouken designs, Dat One Goutetsu Art, Gen training a very young Chun-Li, a teenage Chun-Li fighting an unknown monk (Retsu??), Chun-Li being harrased by some suited up men (Shadoloo in its earlier years??)...I would say Sagat and Claw but the obvious give-away references are not there...and some rejected Street Fighter II character designs (There's two that look to be part of Delta Red, a mistress that's very Rose-like and some thug pimp that resembles Birdie or Damnd.

I'll be uploading more for open discussion.

Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:56:17 am by MaxBeta
#46  July 25, 2012, 09:22:37 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Pardon my indiscretion, but I felt inspired by this thread...

Here you go... it's all I could whip up in 30 mins:

TOP: Gouki/Akuma, LEFT: Sagat, RIGHT: Gouken

All the designs are based on existing designs for the characters, so I take credit for none of them.

Sagat with Hair.... interesting.
His fighting style could be a bit different maybe, i would say remove his Tiger Uppercut, and instead give him 1-2 more kick based special moves.

I had no Idea that small idea could interest so many people, anyway i made some thoughts about the first and small roster. 6 playable characters and 1 boss would be the idea

Also, no big story for the start, nothing epic about saving the world, defeating mighty foes etc.

Idea would be that Goutetsu, Gouken`s and Akuma`s master wants to test the skills of his two students.

He invites martial artists  to a little tournament to prove their skills, including Gouken and Akuma of course, and as a final challenge, Goutetsu is the final opponent.
I dont know if it is possible with Mugen but how about making him a special boss who cant be defeated, and its only the goal of the player to survive the round? That would be a bit different concept as usual, but would add to the status of Goutetsu as a powerful master or?

The roster of the (first) 6 characters could be

Gouken - around 30 years old
Akuma, around 20 years

Lee - about 27
Retsu - around 30 years

Sagat, young, hot-blooded, skinnier as before, around 23 years old
Mike (i like the ideas by MaxBeta for him) also around 20 years old.

Gouken as main protagonist, Akuma as his rival ...short before becoming evil.

Other characters could be added, the story could evolve after this project would exist.

Who of you would sprite, code, be a part of the project?

I have 4 artists on deviantart already who love the idea and would draw portraits and concept art

#47  July 25, 2012, 09:35:33 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
something to look forward to
#48  July 25, 2012, 03:51:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Dictator does body hoping, he has no specific gender/age (afaik) as well so the people can go crazy with dictator (kid body, female body, old guy, handsome guy, whatever), oro was already old back then. go hibiki could be older than sagat, mike haggar is also old enough as well as the andore family.
#49  July 25, 2012, 05:30:35 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Andore...YES!

Also, Dhalsim should be a tad bit older than Sagat around this time.
#50  July 25, 2012, 05:31:33 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
haha Dictator is a hermit crab...needs a new shell every now and then.  ;P
#51  July 25, 2012, 05:40:03 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

M. Bison should be around the 60 year old mark at present time as was disclosed by Capcom a few years ago.

Sagat is also up there.

Ryu and Ken will be hitting their 50's soon. Ryu is almost a year older than Ken.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Capcom_Database Search for any character by name. Most of their profiles have birthdates.
#52  July 25, 2012, 05:46:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am all for original dictator being female because a) when his soul splits it goes to a female body (rose), b) he chooses male bodies just because they are stronger, but eh even tried to geneetically engineer a female body for his use (cammy).
#53  July 25, 2012, 05:48:55 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
^ That, and the fact that the already talked about roster is a HUGE sausage fest.

Also, its always interesting to have a female be one of the bosses in a fighting game. "You got owned by a girl" references and whatnot.

I remember Amakusa would annoy the hell out of me when I first got to play Samurai Showdown...although I don't think Amakusa is a she. lol
#54  July 25, 2012, 06:07:19 pm
    • USA
Ryu ang ken are almost 50?  o_O

Weren't they in their late 30's in sf3?
#55  July 25, 2012, 06:22:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ he means their birthdates

And if the games would play in reality time , 2012
#56  July 25, 2012, 06:23:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I am all for original dictator being female because a) when his soul splits it goes to a female body (rose), b) he chooses male bodies just because they are stronger, but eh even tried to geneetically engineer a female body for his use (cammy).

Bison wont be in the game, except you or someone else would claim to make him /her/it for this game
#57  July 25, 2012, 06:23:21 pm
    • USA
Yeah, lol, i went and looked.

It made sense afterward.  :P
Re: "Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07)
#58  July 25, 2012, 07:24:11 pm
    • Argentina
You guys ever wonder why Cammy looks the way she looks? I mean... we know the other females are all kidnapped girls (like T. Hawk's sister, for example), but Cammy is all clone.

Maybe that's what Dictator originally looked like?  :o

We can put "her" in her original body and sort of give her a combination of Cammy's attacks and use that as an excuse to have Cammy in the game in one way or another. Dunno, just brainstorming.

Cammy in Rose's clothes? Too much? Too cheesy?
#59  July 25, 2012, 07:34:23 pm
    • USA
Holy mindfuck...what if bison actually was born a woman? What if the man bodies are just useful shells?

It would make sense why shes so evil, all women are!  :P

Im am kidding so hard, please no one take me seriously.
#60  July 25, 2012, 08:03:29 pm
Actually, Rose is a woman because she's Bisons polar opposite. Like Yin and Yang, Good and Evil, Male and Female.
I think that Cammy's a woman because according to Ingrid, Bisons power was "her power", and Bison stole it. While cloning himself, some of Ingrid's DNA(?) went into Cammy.

MDD

#61  July 25, 2012, 10:11:35 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
Ingrid is a retarded mary sue that has nothing to do with the actual canon and was just forced into Alpha 3 Max's story in the stupidest way possible. Disregard her.
#62  July 25, 2012, 10:21:40 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Yup...the most forced character ever if I ever saw one.
#63  July 25, 2012, 11:37:38 pm
Ingrid is a retarded mary sue that has nothing to do with the actual canon and was just forced into Alpha 3 Max's story in the stupidest way possible. Disregard her.

The expression on your avatar totally fits your post :D
#64  July 25, 2012, 11:41:59 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
She's a paradoxical character.  She isn't canon to SFA3 (a guest character in the PSP version and nothing more) but Capcom considers her a part of the franchise officially.  The games she WAS canon to were all crossovers and not SF games, one of which got cancelled and the other two which contradict each other on her story......I don't fuckin' know b.
#65  July 25, 2012, 11:43:28 pm
  • Shakespear.
you could call it Street Fighter: Origins

it's a damn awesome idea. instead of Ryu and Ken there's Gouki and Gouken with some of the good ol boys in the mix.

you could use a zero for the 'o' in origins.
#66  July 26, 2012, 12:37:45 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I sent this to GBK, but he said to just post. Thoughts??

I am always one for ninjas, and Geki is no exception.

Since we don't know who Geki is, perhaps we could make a play on a very young variant before he became a ninja. He could be tied into Ibuki's clan and lineage as a ninja in training. By taking out an assigned target by any means necessary, he gets the permission to don his attire and become inducted into the clan.

The target can be someone interesting, like Akuma (you could create a phenomenal rivalry between the shotokan mythos and the ninja clan mythos) or Ryu/Kens master.

#67  July 26, 2012, 01:00:54 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
or there could be an entirely new ninja character in there altoghether...perhaps related to Geki or Ibuki, since historically Ninja clans are older than even Oro.

Since we don't really know Geki's age we have to assume by looks...and if you do that you will immediately notice he is one of the youngest players in the original SF.

...older maybe than Ryu and Ken, but perhaps younger than Joe or even near Joe's age?

You be the judge. http://spriters-resource.com/arcade/streetfight/sheet/5580
Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:08:14 am by MaxBeta
#68  July 26, 2012, 02:07:38 am
    • USA
It would be awesome if there was a character that was just a few unnamed thugs you could go up against. Like a mid boss or something.

maybe thugs, thieves, sailors or military. 
#69  July 26, 2012, 03:26:07 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

^ Would easily make for a great bonus round.

Actually, it would be cool to face a different street mob or gang everytime you jump from one country to the next.

In Japan, you face Gouken, Goutetsu and Gouki, then maybe a round like this where you fight a hoard of Ninjas?

In China you face Gen, Lee and then maybe a round versus a Chinese mob with crazy kung fu styles...vagrants from the mountains and cities looking for trouble (reminiscent of kung fu flicks and such)

In America you could face Mike, Joe and then duke it out with some hooligans with spikebats and chains and such.

This idea would be a nice change of pace from the standard "break stuff" bonuses and would definitely bring something new to the SF experience.

I think its a formidable idea, Ink.  ;)
#70  July 26, 2012, 08:59:09 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
thanks for talking about ideas again ;)

I know its interesting to discuss the histories and sometimes annoying characters like Ingrid but it would be great if we can focus on the SF Origins game idea here.
#71  July 26, 2012, 09:06:59 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you could have a training stage similar to Binho's MK Training stage. you gotta K.O. all the enemies before time runs out or something similar,
Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:52:23 am by Zombie Sagat
#72  July 26, 2012, 09:46:10 am
  • Shakespear.
Some solid focus on storyboards, custom intro's, win quotes, intros and or endings could really make the story/character interaction aspect shine.  You could accomplish a lot that way in terms of making a small 6 person roster really come to life.  Very cool idea's on this thread, btw.
#73  July 26, 2012, 10:17:17 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yup ^^

the only problem is..i am no spriter, programmer, coder, and i dont want to be one.

All i can do is working on a cool storyboard, character concepts and interactions with each other, winquotes, ending stories.
#74  July 26, 2012, 12:18:47 pm
... Third Strike style sprites? Or the SfXTK style sprites, which Felo made (He copied the style from someone that i don't remember, so i call it the SFxTK style)
#75  July 26, 2012, 01:23:50 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I would recommend SF Alpha style sprites and graphics, a classic look would fit to the games, and those dont take as muchg work as the SF3 sprites/animations
#76  July 26, 2012, 10:58:21 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
You guys ever wonder why Cammy looks the way she looks? I mean... we know the other females are all kidnapped girls (like T. Hawk's sister, for example), but Cammy is all clone.

T.Hawk doesn't have a sister Juli is his lover and Noembelu is just part of his tribe.

Speaking of T.Hawk i didn't see anyone suggest his father Arroyo Hawk it is said he was killed by Bison when fighting against Shadaloo for the Thunderfoot's land so depending on the time frame he would be possible as a character.
#77  July 26, 2012, 11:54:01 pm
    • Argentina
#78  July 30, 2012, 08:12:57 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
a young Bison could fit somewhere too.

For avoiding the sausage fest and related to Bison, I have to add that not a lot of people knows that Rose(YES, ROSE) is the Doll Zero. She was Bison's right hand during some years, "pupil"(when their master was killed) and etc, and her age(around 35) MAYBE could fit here.

Stigya(xD! my OC) could be a link with the Illuminati too, but her style is too unorthodox.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#79  July 31, 2012, 01:18:33 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Oh yes, I'm a bit late here but I will follow this ;)
The idea sounds great and there's a nice oppertunity to flesh out some characters.
Young Akuma in the protagonist role? Sold. He's a character deserving a playable incarnation.
SFA:Generations would be indeed a good source to draw inspiration from (except the actual fighting because that sucked in that animation).
#80  July 31, 2012, 02:44:18 am
    • Argentina

For avoiding the sausage fest and related to Bison, I have to add that not a lot of people knows that Rose(YES, ROSE) is the Doll Zero. She was Bison's right hand during some years, "pupil"(when their master was killed) and etc, and her age(around 35) MAYBE could fit here.

I though Rose was just the pure side of Bison's soul, in a Majin Buu kinda way.
#81  July 31, 2012, 03:24:42 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Actually I remember reading that as well now that he mentions it. I'd forgotten all about Rose being a "real person" before Bison split.
#82  July 31, 2012, 01:10:49 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
definitely sounds like a game Capcom shoulda made. it's good to go back to the roots of a character sometimes to understand how they came to be who they are today besides seeing flashbacks every now and then. I'm curious as to how Akuma was before being consumed by the Dark Hadou
#83  July 31, 2012, 04:26:55 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Oh well..on dA..when i asked for support for this game Idea, the most comments were by people who loved the Idea but hoped Capcom itself would create such a prequel.

#84  July 31, 2012, 05:10:04 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
BC is working one SFA4, POTS is retired, and most good coders and spriters are working on their own projects. it's a shame. I actually wanna see this done.
#85  July 31, 2012, 05:22:25 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I would recommend SF Alpha style sprites and graphics, a classic look would fit to the games, and those dont take as muchg work as the SF3 sprites/animations

I say the best possible look would be a retro hybrid of SF3 and SF1. That would be awesome. Another solid look would be CvS styled with KoF style shading and animations.

The idea is that this is new, but retro at the same time.

The Ryu and Ken of this game would be Gouki and... Ryu/Ken's master (I'm drawing a blank here!!  :S ). You could also include a variant of Geki representing that aforementioned ninja clan. Balrog could be younger, as could Gen and Lee. We could also toy around with backstories on our othet favorite SF1 characters. And Sagat and Adon would be a great rivalry.

#86  July 31, 2012, 07:42:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ Nay, at the time when Akuma wasnt even evil, Adon was just a small kid, maybe training with sagat already, maybe not..but for a rivalry it would be too early

But anyway, with people with knowledge  how to make a mugen game this is only a Idea anyway, maybe good, maybe great, maybe with a lot potential but just an Idea :-)

#87  July 31, 2012, 07:49:05 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dude, no doubt... Its a great idea.

And as you can see, my timelines are off.  :S

#88  July 31, 2012, 08:11:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
go hibiki is dan's dad and he was a muay thai fighter, that makes him fit the muay thai /old dude role nicely.
#89  July 31, 2012, 11:16:27 pm
    • Argentina
I don't think Saikyo-Ryu is based on Muay Thai. It looks more like Karate than anything else)

Personally, I think it'd be better to include an older generation, only... Sagat is the only exception since it'd be fun to see his non-bald, two-eyed look. Plus, he's old enough.

My suggestion for the "confirmed" roster is:

- Gouki (Replacing Ryu/Ken)
- Gouken (Replacing Ryu/Ken)
- Sagat (Covering for Adon too, since "Adon's" too young)
- Goutetsu (Replacing Gouki)

then...

- Dictator (alternate incarnation, preferably female, to prevent this from becoming a sausage-fest. I still say the look should be Cammy's... I mean, they've made such an effort to point out that she's Dictator's clone, even giving her a Dictator alternate costume in SF4, that it just FITS... of course, the moves will be a combination of both)
- Rose (I don't think she ages... she looks exactly the same in Alpha and in SF4).
- Lee (from SF1. He's Yun and Yang's uncle, so we could give him their moves and make him look younger.)
- Go Hibiki (For comic relief)
- Gen

So, yeah... unfortunately, there's a huge lack of older female SF characters... I'm not talking just about playable characters, but in general. I mean, if there were any, at least in ending sequences or back stories, then maybe... I guess we could add Blanka's mom...  ;D

Overall, I just think it'd be a shame to use characters for whom we'd have to invent TOO MUCH of a back story... better to use characters with at least SOME confirmed canon or back-story, that way their involvement doesn't end up feeling too outrageous or forced. I feel we should keep this as one of those projects where the story decides the cast and not the other way around, like most of Capcom's games lately (seriously, every SF4 ending sucks and doesn't contribute anything to the story... it's like they don't even care to develop it at this point).
#90  August 01, 2012, 12:59:59 am
    • USA
Holy smack...i just thought about something.

You could spin this to fit in ryu's mother.

It's very possible that she met ryu's father, who is hinted to be a martial artist, by being one herself.

Ta-da! Less sausage.  :P
#91  August 01, 2012, 01:33:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#92  August 01, 2012, 01:49:16 am
    • Argentina
You could spin this to fit in ryu's mother.

It's very possible that she met ryu's father, who is hinted to be a martial artist, by being one herself.

I thought of that, but it's kind of dumb and feels forced.

I was thinking "Hmmmm... no old female characters... maybe characters' mothers?..." then I realized only Blanka's has ever been seen on-screen, hence the joke I made.

Also, where does it say she was a martial artist? I thought he was an orphan?
#93  August 01, 2012, 01:55:03 am
    • USA
It doesnt necessarily say she is, all we know is his father was a martial artist i believe, and her mother was the one who left ryu to gouken.
#94  August 01, 2012, 01:58:22 am
    • Argentina
Maybe Gouken is Ryu's father and Ryu's mother never told him?

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNNN!!!

........I'm kidding, of course.

MDD

#95  August 01, 2012, 02:05:09 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
People think Akuma is Ryu's father because of that stupid movie and the fact that he is too obsessed with him
#96  August 01, 2012, 02:08:48 am
    • USA
I aint buying it.

And which movie?

MDD

#97  August 01, 2012, 02:15:41 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Alpha Generations.
#98  August 01, 2012, 02:48:56 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I distinctly remember a quote from Akuma "Where I walk I walk alone. Where I fight I fight alone." -Akuma in Alpha Generations
#99  August 01, 2012, 07:59:48 am
    • Netherlands
- Rose (I don't think she ages... she looks exactly the same in Alpha and in SF4).
Who DOES look different in Alpha/SF4  ::) ? They ALL look exactly the same if you ask me!
#100  August 01, 2012, 08:13:15 am
    • Argentina
Well... Ryu, Ken and Chun Li look significantly different... not just because of the anime style, but in general. They look like kids in Alpha and adults in SF4.

Meh... it's really all about trying to justify Rose's appearance in the game... just making excuses so that they don't feel forced.
#101  August 01, 2012, 09:38:30 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

MDD

#102  August 01, 2012, 09:49:24 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Wrong, the answer is "a lot of them". Everyone just looks younger in Alpha.
#103  August 01, 2012, 09:51:18 am
    • Netherlands
I suppose, but that's also mostly to thank to the fucked-up styling Capcom used in SF4. Everybody just looked extremely ugly.
But back on subject; Young Gouki in the Ryu role and Young Gouken in the Ken role just sounds so bad-ass to me :)
#104  August 01, 2012, 11:10:17 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Wrong, the answer is "a lot of them". Everyone just looks younger in Alpha.

Wrong.

Except Zangief, Honda, Balrog, Vega, Bison, Dhalsim, Blanka, Fei Long, Dee Jay, T Hawk, Guy, Cody, Adon, Sagat. And maybe a couple more i forgot.

MDD

#105  August 01, 2012, 09:23:20 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
....are you implying that those characters don't look younger?
#106  August 02, 2012, 12:41:09 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#107  August 03, 2012, 05:14:04 pm
  • SNK is life
#108  August 07, 2012, 05:29:36 am
    • USA
If this goes anywhere and the roster stays around 6, I would love to do the large portraits for it. If no one else has already offered.
#109  August 07, 2012, 10:10:30 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
thanks, well as mentioned, my problem is that i had only the idea, but am not able to draw, sprite, code anything by myself

Portraits are very welcome, it could be a start for this Idea maybe

Anyone else who likes the idea (see post 1) and wants to contribute something for the Street Fighter 0 / Origins Idea is welcome
#110  August 07, 2012, 10:23:02 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html

MDD

#111  August 07, 2012, 11:39:28 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Proxicide took the idea from the movie, so it's still basically the same source.

Although if people actually believe that series then it implies that Akuma can pull some SSJ shit and have a super strong OP form. I mean, Capcom would NEVER do something like that, right?.......

.....wait a second.
#112  August 07, 2012, 09:07:42 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
#113  August 29, 2012, 05:08:34 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Concepts for a young akuma and gouken by an artist who liked my idea:

He had also the idea about a new character named Dorai

Dorai is a detective with the Hong Kong Police force. A student of a variation of Chinese Kenpo that has been passed down through generations of his family, and that he is currently teaching to his five year old daughter.

Dorai is currently preoccupied at work with a string of gangland killings. Somebody is trying to consolidate power in Kowloon by assassinating the local triad leaders. Dorai has only been able to learn one name: Bison
#114  August 29, 2012, 05:26:41 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think this would be a good game idea. it doesn't need 50+ characters. I hope to see this idea come to life in mugen
#115  August 29, 2012, 08:24:42 pm
...Why not as a C# / C++ etc project, not mugen related.
#116  August 30, 2012, 02:35:36 am
    • USA
Haha, Dorai is Chun-Li's father GBK.  :P
#117  August 31, 2012, 05:55:13 am
    • USA
Since Sagat will be in, remember that he didn't develop the Tiger Uppercut until he fought Ryu.
#118  August 31, 2012, 09:48:25 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I don't know the entire history pre-scar for Sagat. I love the stories behind video games. kid's parents tend to say video games are a waste of time but I disagree. it's another form of learning. most video games teach both coordination and reading. how would this play out? alpha style? SF3?
#119  September 01, 2012, 12:59:16 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
This does look like an interesting  premise.

I was actually working on a project set 20 years after 'Streetfighter IV' called the 'Next Generation' but unfortunately I'll be starting from scratch due to my PC dying.

The characters I have planed thus far are.

Amy Guile - Guile's daughter.
Ryuji - Ryu and Chun-Li's daughter.
Abel - Still the same age as 'Streetfighter IV'.
Jimmy Long - Fei Long's son.
Tong Po - A fighter trained by Sagat and Adon.
Cammy White - Older version of Cammy.
Mel Masters - Ken's son.
Justin Travers - Cody's son.
Carl Smith - A new character.
Leona Smith - Younger sister of Carl.
Katana - New boss of Mad Gear.
Lauren - Crimson Viper's daughter.
El Fuerte Jr - El Fuerte's son.
Sakura Kasugano - Older version of Sakura.
Shun - Ryu's fake brother.
M.Bison - A new improved M.Bison.
Arika - Guy and Rose's son.
Rainbow Mika - Older version of Rainbow Mika.

I did toy with several other characters such as Makoto, Elena, Ibuki and Karin Kanzuki as well as characters based on Blanka, Alex and Dhalsim. I may well include 2 of them to boost the roster up to 20.

The problem I always found was the amount of female characters on the roster considering most fighting games only include 2.

http://www.freewebs.com/mangalegend/streetfighterproject.htm

Ignore the images because most of that will change but Amy was my current progress which I lost 2 days ago with the exception of what I had posted on Photobucket.
I rock

Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:16:27 pm by Zantetsuken
#120  September 01, 2012, 07:44:08 pm
    • Netherlands
This is your main protagonist right here ;)

#121  September 01, 2012, 07:52:05 pm

Then it's "El Fuertecito", xDDDDD!!

Unless Guy cheated Maki's sister(who he's married with...).
If you're going to do something related to Rose, why not using a clone of her? vega/Bison could made a copy during the SFZ-SF2 lapsus/timeskip.

Anyway, this topic is about a real SF Zero, happening looooooong before SF2., or even SF1
#122  September 02, 2012, 08:42:41 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Guy cheated on Maki's sister with Rose, but Maki's sister found out so Rose ripped open a hole in the space time continuum so she and Guy could escape and have more sex, and that's how their baby ended up in the past.
#123  September 02, 2012, 09:12:28 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
Did anyone say anything about "Master?" the chick that taught Bison and Rose about their Psycho power? (I think. . .still researching. . .)

But I think she would be a good addition to the game.
I'm trying. . .
#124  September 02, 2012, 10:19:55 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Guy cheated on Maki's sister with Rose, but Maki's sister found out so Rose ripped open a hole in the space time continuum so she and Guy could escape and have more sex, and that's how their baby ended up in the past.
Oh. That makes sense!
#125  September 02, 2012, 10:56:10 am
  • Mugenite

Then it's "El Fuertecito", xDDDDD!!

Unless Guy cheated Maki's sister(who he's married with...).
If you're going to do something related to Rose, why not using a clone of her? vega/Bison could made a copy during the SFZ-SF2 lapsus/timeskip.

Anyway, this topic is about a real SF Zero, happening looooooong before SF2., or even SF1

Never realised Guy was married to Maki's sister. I never wanted to do Rose really. I wanted to do a Guy style character which I can do without having to shoehorn Rose style moves in him.
I rock

#126  September 02, 2012, 05:56:46 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!
Why not Master Zeku? *goes back to lurking*
#127  September 02, 2012, 08:08:36 pm
    • Argentina
Why not Master Zeku? *goes back to lurking*

Can't believe no one thought of that before... great!

Suggested cast:

- Gouki (Replacing Ryu)
- Gouken (Replacing Ken)
- Goutetsu (Replacing Akuma)
- Dictator (Covering his own spot. By the way, turns out the alpha body is his original body, which he then switches for a much leaner one afterwards in SF2... so much for my Cammy theory).
- Sagat (Covering his own spot).
- Rose (Covering her own spot).
- Dorai (Replacing... Chun-Li?? Kinda strange to see a dude doing a split kick, lol)
- Lee (Replacing Yun/Yang)
- Zeku (Replacing Guy/Geki... yes, Geki... do people really want him in the game?)
- Gen (Covering his own spot).

That makes 10 characters.
#128  September 03, 2012, 05:51:34 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!
#129  September 03, 2012, 06:07:53 pm
  • Creative Mastermind
    • Chile
    • barbwireproductions.wordpress.com
Don't forget (a) grappler(s).  I was thinking in Mika's Trainer, Yoko Harmaggedon for the cast. Other could be Andore Sr., from Final Fight. I would let off Dictator from this game, because GBK says he want a non too-complicated storyline from this game. Also, If this project become a 2-game series or a trilogy, Bison/Vega could appear in a more atractive/dramatic way for Gouken/Gouki & Cia.
Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:42:33 pm by MoneySpider_Todd
#130  September 03, 2012, 06:16:59 pm
    • Argentina
I was thinking Haggar for that, actually, but that might help with the lack of female fighters...

Also, Dhalsim? He also appears to be old enough to show up in a prequel, and unless we're putting Necro in, there's no other "long-range" characters.

By the way, just found this!! I knew there had to be some place to reference!

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_non-playable_characters
#131  September 03, 2012, 06:39:27 pm
^Necro seems not to suit in, since his transformation seems to have happened between SF2 and SF3(NG).
#132  September 03, 2012, 07:13:41 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Yes, I made reference to Dhalsim back in page 3 since he is a bit older than Sagat.

A young Haggar???
...or maybe in his place (mentioning this again) Andore Sr. ...since the the rest of the family is around their 30's in the original Final Fight.
#133  September 03, 2012, 11:20:45 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
What about Uncle, Grandfather, and Father Andore?
#134  September 04, 2012, 12:20:44 am
    • Argentina
^Necro seems not to suit in, since his transformation seems to have happened between SF2 and SF3(NG).

Don't worry, I wasn't seriously suggesting we put Necro in... the tone of that phrase was supposed to sound sarcastic, as in "Unless we're putting Necro in (pshhh....yeah, right)". It wasn't very clear... :P
Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:33:41 am by Graphicus
#135  September 04, 2012, 12:34:46 am
  • Creative Mastermind
    • Chile
    • barbwireproductions.wordpress.com
Hmm...i think Father Andore could be fine for the spot, for the age fact. Also, maybe another Russian fighter could be a nice add, specially if this story is placed in the middle of the Cold War.
#136  September 04, 2012, 12:40:35 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
How about Tom (Alex's mentor that looks like Jean Reno), as a grappler?

Download Last Bout now!
#137  September 04, 2012, 12:43:52 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Akuma's ending could be him turning evil.

Gouken's could be seeing Goutetsu's defeat at the hands of Akuma. basically both ending allude to Akuma's descent into the Satsui no Hadou.
#138  September 09, 2012, 07:36:20 pm
  • Mugenite
I've added a lot of this storyline as canon for the project I've had to restart.

It would be good to see this project come to light too.
I rock

#139  September 11, 2012, 11:49:36 am
It's a great, great idea but the main question is...Who would be spriting this? :/

(No, don't look at me)
#140  September 11, 2012, 12:48:23 pm
  • Mugenite
The problem is the guy who is behind the idea only wants to do endings and storyboards hence it is unlikely it'll come to light.
I rock

#141  September 11, 2012, 08:17:53 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Ideas like this are awesome..but unless they have people willing to work on them it won't se the light of day.
#142  September 11, 2012, 08:49:46 pm
    • Argentina
I'm working on my own character, which is coming along smoothly... I'm also helping methiou with his KOFXIII Ryu sprites.

I don't think I'll be able to work on this until I finish at least ONE of those other projects...

If you need help with single items, I'd be happy to help, but I can't do a full spritesheet right now.
#143  November 11, 2012, 03:42:13 am
Interesting idea. I'd prefer an early-90 style, because they are not often used, and I guess they are quicker and easier to edit than SFIII sprites or other more detailed styles/animations.
I'd recommend less ki-based attacks for all younger characters, they still learning after all :)
And I didn't read the whole topic, but I didn't see anyone suggesting Go Hibiki ?
#144  November 23, 2012, 07:03:15 pm
    • USA
    • alan@alanmcmillian.net
#145  November 23, 2012, 08:57:55 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
My only real complaint is I think Retsu would be older than that. He's noticeably older than Lee in SF1, probably as old as Gen was, but hear he looks pretty young.

Download Last Bout now!
#146  December 04, 2012, 02:02:34 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
My only complaint is that some of these faces I have never even heard from before.