YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2634187 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8861  January 26, 2019, 09:22:38 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8862  January 27, 2019, 01:07:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Super Robot Wars DD promo video 2: (this is the one that has Devilman in it)

Haven't seen or heard anything about an English language release yet, which is disappointing. Or any other editions besides the Japanese one, even. Maybe they might roll those out over time? It is a mobile game, after all. And they seem quite committed to expanding their playerbase with the console games, as demonstrated by the Korean, Chinese, and SEA English language releaases of the past three console games...

Looks like a combination of Shin Getter and Getter Dragon?

EDIT:
Just googled it, seems to be the next evolution of Shin Getter and Getter Dragon, called Shin Dragon or Shin Getter G.
I wasn't that much off, I guess

http://getterrobo.wikia.com/wiki/Shin_Getter_Robo_G
Ah, it's from that Getter Robo Daikessen game (which, to my knowledge, was a SRW style game comprised entirely of mechs from all across the Getter Robo franchise). It doesn't transform into the traditional three forms, but still has three pilots, and it can transform parts of its body to do the traditional Getter-2/Liger and Getter-3/Poseidon attacks.
#8863  January 29, 2019, 02:30:54 am
    • Germany
So steam suddenly lost Metro Exodus to the Epic game store that makes it an exclusive for that platform until 2020.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

Statement from Steam.
Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.
#8864  January 29, 2019, 04:53:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I have mixed feelings on Epic encroaching into Steam's turf so aggressively. On one hand Gabe and the 3 or 4 Valve workers have been resting on their laurels for to long and having meaningful competition (which GOG unfortunately isn't) could push them to provide a better service and/or to work in their own IPs again (yeah, right).

On the other hand Epic is funded by Chinese money and I don't want those fuckers getting any foothold on the pc gaming market.
#8865  February 01, 2019, 03:20:52 am
    • Germany
#8866  February 02, 2019, 06:33:49 pm
    • Germany
So a 4AGames Employee/Dev with the name "scynet"  posted the Following about the Metro Situation on a Russian Forum:

Original Russian Text:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Google Translation:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Short Version: If you don't buy Metro Exodus, the next game will not come to PC, and that would be reeealy sad for the "Real Fans".

Source: https://www.gameru.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=71769&st=0&p=1648737&#entry1648737

Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:38:34 pm by Lichtbringer
#8867  February 02, 2019, 07:24:32 pm
    • Canada
So the Epic games store exclusivity is a bad move for a digital product.

By going exclusive and cutting out the largest digital marketplace you will absolutely slash a large chunk of your sales. Many people have no interest in the epic games store, whether it be due to Epics shady practices, out of protest, launcher fatigue, or pure lazyness. ( I actually work in the digital security industry so there is no fucking way I'm ever going to install the epic games launcher onto my PC so they can hide a fucking backdoor/keylogger or whatever shady shit they want to pull.)

This will absolutely hurt the sales figures of any exclusive games, which is unnecessary for a product that is completely digital and has no manufacturing or shipping costs.

but what we don't know is what deal epic games has made with these developers. If they just offered them a smaller cut taken, then this is a bad move, however if they pulled up in front of there offices with a dumptruck full of money, then maybe it will be worth it.
#8868  February 02, 2019, 08:29:45 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
( I actually work in the digital security industry so there is no fucking way I'm ever going to install the epic games launcher onto my PC so they can hide a fucking backdoor/keylogger or whatever shady shit they want to pull.)
Elaborate plz.
#8869  February 02, 2019, 09:26:28 pm
    • Germany
Elaborate plz.

Probalby because Tencent is owning Epic, and as far as I know some security testing firms removed Tencent from their software whitelists because they made some "security updates" that added some backdoors into there software.
#8870  February 02, 2019, 11:04:13 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
That makes KOF14 on pc suspect as well.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#8871  February 02, 2019, 11:32:55 pm
    • Germany
#8872  February 03, 2019, 12:40:17 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Tencent owns SNK lol.
Lasagna

lui

#8873  February 03, 2019, 12:53:48 am
    • USA
Tencent bought out SNK completely. They're the whole reason SNK is even alive rn
#8874  February 03, 2019, 01:13:29 am
    • Germany
Ok, I know they had some kind of Partnership for the Mobile Marked but I did not know (or Forgot) that they are owning SNK, there is also no single hint on this on there Wiki Pages about that.
#8875  February 03, 2019, 01:17:38 am
SNK was bought by Leyou Technologies. Tencent did a partnership with SNK to make some mobile games for KoF, is Tencent related to Leyou ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:22:36 am by Byakko

lui

#8876  February 03, 2019, 01:47:27 am
    • USA
ah wait no yes THAT was the company i was referring to, i kept thinking of tencent for some reason.

wasnt snk funded by another chinese company essentially? i know china is a big part of why they're alive rn iirc
#8877  February 03, 2019, 02:08:44 am
Well yeah, that's Leyou, they fully bought and own SNK and are hosing them with money to make KoF right now, like you were saying. Leyou's a big Hong Kong tech company.
(the company that bought SNK is technically Ledo Millenium but Leyou Tech created that in 2015 specifically to buy SNK in August 2015, which might be the reason I can't find a single mention of SNK on Leyou's page, and why I keep finding article that mix up the two names and call it Leyou Millenium)
And to circle back to the whole thing about security, Tencent is suspect but Leyou is from Hong Kong which has a slightly better reputation about all that stuff than central China, I think ? (well Tencent is in Nanshan which is right next to Hong Kong but very different ? Not that I know much about that so grain of salt) So KoF on PC should still be safe, right ? Tencent is the one that's a dick and floods the mobile market with popular IPs like KoF and Saint Seiya.
Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:29:13 am by Byakko

lui

#8878  February 03, 2019, 02:29:56 am
    • USA
right right right, im getting my companies mixed up rn.

but yes essentially you are correct, tencent doesn't have much stake in anything western related and i doubt they're gonna touch epic store, there isn't any reason to.

fighting games are already a niche genre compared to other genres so expecting them to have an exclusivity deal for any fg is pretty dumb.
#8879  February 03, 2019, 02:52:28 am
    • Canada
#8880  February 06, 2019, 04:07:06 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I thought that it was Tencent that bought SNK, I guess I was misinformed.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller