YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1111549 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.
#2361  May 15, 2018, 08:38:16 pm
The first three just never seemed worth the hype they were getting without playing them.  Which is I'm sure a similar feeling to Halo over on the 360 for those stuck to the PS3, but my closest comparison is Devil May Cry and Dante's Inferno, and neither blew my mind.
im sorry but that is dumb justification for dismissing the gow games. dmc plays alot differently than gow, and dante's inferno is a mediocre gow ripoff.
you can go straight to 4 without playing the previous games, but you will not have a full understanding of kratos' motives behind certain actions and his relationship with his son.
there are some characters from the previous games are referenced in 4, significant "things" are brought back to symbolize a certain aspect of kratos, and kratos' 180 character shift is directly related to something that has happened in gow 3 "the cycle".
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2362  May 15, 2018, 08:49:49 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The story aspect I wasn't interested in for the first three games, so I'm not too worried about that.  Big Spartan guy gets family killed because he meddled with the gods looking for power, wears their ashes in atonement, as you typically do, goes around killing the gods he places the blame on for putting him in this predicament, bangs the female ones because sex sells, the son's probably one of theirs and is the heir to the Greek Pantheon.  Though I'd like to see what they'll do if that's incorrect.

And I'm aware Devil May Cry is not exactly the same, and Dante's Inferno was, well, exactly what you said, a mediocre rip-off, but it's more that type of combo-building hack and slash gameplay I meant I never really got into.  Except, again, Kingdom Hearts, and that's a whole different beast.

I just wanted to say, the original God of War games never caught my eye except seeing how great they were doing for the PlayStation brand.  This one does appear interesting with its changes, is all.
#2363  May 15, 2018, 09:47:48 pm
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Single Player, all difficulty modes

The best stealth experience I've had growing up is still timeless today. While I wish that I grew up with the PS2 (since Metal Gear and Splinter Cell are on that console as well), I feel like I didn't miss out. Chaos Theory is the pinnacle of the franchise as a stealth game. I've been missing this kind of experience ever since a different team of staff members, some coming from Rainbow Six Vegas, turn the series into a Tactical Shooter. Admittedly, it was not troublesome enough for me to beat all three difficulty modes since I'm not a kid anymore, which means that sneaking past guards and leaving them untouched is quite effortless. Then again, that's coming from someone who grew up with the series, and, for a kid, beat the whole game at Normal with a 100% efficiency rating even at harder missions like Seoul and the dreaded Bathhouse.

With the anticipation of a new Splinter Cell game at the verge of being announced this year, and Splinter Cell DLC for Ghost Recon Wildlands starring the iconic Sam Fisher preceding it sprinkled with the reprisal of Michael Ironside in the role after beating prostate cancer (which is why Eric Johnson portrayed Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell: Blacklist), it's good to be a Splinter Cell fan. It's also sad for me to be a Metal Gear fan as well though because Sam Fisher truly is the only one left of his kind. We may likely never see Gabe Logan or Snake ever again.
#2364  May 16, 2018, 03:23:14 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
You can go straight to 4 without playing the previous games, but you will not have a full understanding of kratos' motives behind certain actions and his relationship with his son.
Kratos' motivations in the original trilogy really weren't that deep. He's trying to kill Zeus because he betrayed him out of fear. He's killing everyone else because they're in his way. That's pretty much it.

there are some characters from the previous games are referenced in 4, significant "things" are brought back to symbolize a certain aspect of kratos, and kratos' 180 character shift is directly related to something that has happened in gow 3 "the cycle".

I can think of one person that maaay be cause for concern, but he calls them by name and just Youtubing GOW3's ending will help with that. Everything else is explained thoroughly enough IMO. He'll be fine.

the son's probably one of theirs and is the heir to the Greek Pantheon.  Though I'd like to see what they'll do if that's incorrect.

You are very wrong lol.  :)
#2365  May 16, 2018, 05:11:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Cool, that seems the too blatantly obvious route to go if I could pick it up without playing the game and only go by hearsay of how they went, and that wouldn't be too fun.
#2366  May 16, 2018, 02:08:38 pm
Maplestory 2 Close Beta Test is about to end in a few hours.

My impression:
This game went 3D without losing it's charm, the colorful and cartoony (or rather animesque) style is still there.
It got rid of the Job Advancements and went straight for a skill tree you can build up from the beginning.
Next to the story mode, there were enough things to keep you busy, like exploration, party dungeons, world bosses, hidden treasures, fishing, playing music, crafting, pvp and various mini games.

I had fun playing with some friends.
Now I need to finish Axiom Verge, whenever that happens lol
#2367  May 17, 2018, 01:28:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
God of War PS4

Fantastic game. It doesn't have the same impact as much as the older ones do. There's no climbing on GIANT monsters to kill them. But some enemies are tough. I'm planning on 1000%'ing it. Still have like 3 trophies to get.
The powering up armor system could be a little better. You need very specific items to level up specific sets of armor. You dont really find that out in game. You just end up assuming it later. I found myself looking up a guide to find the last item to power up the set I wear instead of finding it naturally.
The story line is pretty good. They leave an opening for a 5 but it's up in the air if there will be one.
The replay aspect isn't 100% there, but I've finished the story line and plan to track down the odds n ends to 1000% it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#2368  May 28, 2018, 02:39:41 am
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Perfectly scratched my Phoenix Wright itch. Brilliant music and voice acting. I loved everything about this game and will be diving into the sequels shortly.

(Also I got the Uncharted 4 platinum)
#2369  June 20, 2018, 06:21:16 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Assassin's Creed: Origins

This is the first Assassin's Creed game to grab my attention since 3 destroyed any hope I had for the series. It's one of the best open world games I've played in a while, and the ancient Egypt setting is incredible.

The story kinda dragged on a bit, but it was a fun ride al the way through.

8/10
#2370  June 20, 2018, 11:28:03 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (Ps3)

Got all trophies at long last. Maps still suck but otherwise its pretty neat...apart from FUCKING SEABOOK.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#2371  July 02, 2018, 02:53:09 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
PLaying the game atm on my xbox too , its absolutely stupid in terms of storyline and the mid-battle dialogues being randomized produces a lot of silly crap, but it has fun gameplay. Unfortunately all missions being pretty much the same makes it far less enjoyable than DWG2
#2372  July 03, 2018, 03:13:04 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yeah, they get very samey very fast.

Also the random event with Seabook pops up so much its ridiculous like jesus man save your own dopey hide
#2373  July 17, 2018, 11:06:14 am
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Perfectly scratched my Phoenix Wright itch. Brilliant music and voice acting. I loved everything about this game and will be diving into the sequels shortly.

(Also I got the Uncharted 4 platinum)

Loved the series until the end of 3. Good luck.
#2374  July 18, 2018, 06:37:42 pm
I spent some time with KOF14 and GGXrd, I liked the first a lot more than I expected to and couldn't get into the second at all. I liked GG back in the day, but the series learned far too hard into the anime aesthetic for my liking. 'Finishing' them is arguable though so let's talk about things I actually finished.

The Fall & The Fall Part 2: Unbound

The first game is a cross between 2D Metroid and a point-and-click adventure, with emphasis given to puzzle-solving and story instead of combat and exploration. I enjoyed it a lot, and though it's pretty short, I recommend it to anyone due to the low price point. The second game changed up the gameplay a lot in ways I didn't enjoy, and dragged on for ages, but was still ultimately somewhat enjoyable.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Anime wheeee. Got exactly what I expected, no better or worse than other games in the series. If you like Naruto, or want a story-driven singleplayer-content-heavy casual arena fighter somewhat comparable to Power Stone that has literally 100+ characters, it's a decent time. If you want deep fighting, not so much.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

I liked this a lot less than the first game. The plot was contrived, I disliked most of the characters, the murders were stupidly contrived, and it just really didn't ring true to me. Luckily, the Danganronpa 3 anime that serves as a prequel and sequel to this game was a lot better, and I'm still enjoying the series.

The Last Guardian

With all the hate this game gets, I was expecting it to be a lot worse? Outside of one impossible collectible and occasional issues with the camera clipping through ceilings while riding Trico through closed spaces and Trico taking up to 15-20 seconds to respond to commands sometimes, I really enjoyed this game. Like, a lot. The hint UI is another bad point, but... oh well? It looked great, it felt good enough, Trico is easily the best animal companion in any game and when he didn't behave, it felt like it was because he was a living, breathing animal rather than because of bad coding. The emotional moments packed a lot of punch. Wonderful spiritual successor to Ico with some flaws that hold it back. I bet it would have gotten a great reception if it hit closer to its original release window, it definitely doesn't quite feel like a PS4 game.

Devil May Cry 1 HD

What a blast from the past. I did not remember most of this game, and while I felt near the beginning the gameplay didn't really hold up, I got a lot more accustomed to it as time went on and was genuinely enjoying myself by the end. I'm shocked how much worse it was than 3, I remembered them as being more similar. Still, had a pretty decent time with it for a 17 year old game, and will be moving on to 3 SE HD soon. Not 2. No one should play 2.
#2375  July 18, 2018, 08:00:18 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
TimeSplitters 2 (GameCube)

A very fun FPS game of the early 2000's. It's story mode is quite hard, and one of the most difficult games to beat on the GC/PS2 and Xbox. Notably entertaining and challenging Arcade League matches, and challenges to beat. All in gold, unlocking every single character, which ranges from over 100, with a total of 126. All the stages, which some are only obtainable by beating the story on Hard, which already is a hard challenge. I've spent years trying to beat Robot Facotry in particular, and finally it happened. Plus, the multiplayer is dope, perhaps the best multiplayer in an FPS game, ever, updgrading the multiplay from Goldeneye and improved it significantly. If you like FPS, and challenges, or just a fun game in general, try out, TimeSplitters 2.

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GameCube)

The third game in the TimeSplitters series, and the second one on GameCube. Released in 2005, and expanded upon the absurrity of the predocessors. A fully developed storymode with cinematics, and a main character in focus this time around. More goofy characters, weapons, stages and different modes to unlock, play and enjoy, with either bots or up to 4 players as the sequals. This one's hardest task is the challenges in my view, getting gold award on them all was the most difficult task, but I did it, even Platinum on some of them. Defeating the Arcade and Challenges with Gold and/or Platiunm, while also defeating Story Mode on hard, Co-Op style with a buddy of mine. With a total roster of 150 characters unlocked, and a score of 100% complete.

In conclusion to the two games. If you want to run around like Monkey's with rocket launchers, zombies with bricks, or robot's with baseball bats, all of this is doable. The games take you on time travelling missions like; The Wild West, Mafia's of Chicago, Alien Planet X, Zombie Mansion, Robot Wars, World War I, NeoTokyo 2019, and many more to explore. Freaky characters like The Gingerbreadman, a dead cow corpse, zombie monkey, a floating bunch of fish, generic military, stone golems, circus freaks, aliens, humans and much much more, it's possible in TimeSplitters. Game modes such as; Classic Deathmatch and Team, Elimination, Capture the Bag, Assult, Zones and my personal favourite "Virus" where a green flamed infection takes over ones body, and you need to survive, and even more game modes. Perhaps the best FPS franchise of it's time. Hopefully a fourth installment will happen, but it's seems unfortunate for now.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.

bme

#2376  September 08, 2018, 11:53:06 pm
    • Canada
Tales of Xillia 2

Better than the first game in some ways. Liked how it was much darker and the true ending made me feel very emotional. One of the best in the series imo. Which Tales game should I play next? I already have Narikiri Dungeon X and the Vesperia remaster will have to wait until I get a PS4. Don't have any interest in playing Zestiria and Berseria though.
#2377  September 09, 2018, 01:51:37 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
If you have a Vita, I recommend Hearts R. Just be aware of the very questionable localization choices. If not, then Graces f has one of my favorite battle systems but least favorite everything else. You're probably not missing anything by skipping Zestiria tbh.

Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinsou

I'm not too familiar with the Yakuza series but I had a lot of fun playing this. Even though it was in Japanese (until the translation finally finishes eventually) it was easy to understand and go through outside of a few minor points. Liked the MC and the battle system was fun and gave me Def Jam FFNY vibes (same developer) but boy was it not made for anything higher than 1v1. Also the minigames were ok but they were all just either time or mash O.

I started the second game and it fixes most of the issues I had while adding new QoL stuff. Halfway through it but I'm stuck at this part that is getting frustrating to try and get through so I put it down for now.

bme

#2378  September 09, 2018, 03:07:12 am
    • Canada
If you have a Vita, I recommend Hearts R. Just be aware of the very questionable localization choices. If not, then Graces f has one of my favorite battle systems but least favorite everything else. You're probably not missing anything by skipping Zestiria tbh.

Don't have a Vita and I've already beaten Eternia, Symphonia. Abyss, and Graces f
#2379  September 09, 2018, 04:39:50 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Then probably Rebirth, since there are some in-depth translation guides out there. Or you could always play Radiant Mythology.
#2380  September 29, 2018, 04:06:01 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn (PS3)

Got every single trophy on this one, ending my journe into DWG. Not gonna do 1 since the PS3 version of DWG1 doesn't have trophies.

They did the maps here far better than in 3, that's for sure. The larger majority of them are nice and open without being too big like some of DWG2's were and bringing back the space maps was a good idea. They also added ocean stages set in the ORB Union but they're basically space stages with large bodies of water replacing zero g space.

The mobile suit selection was great too since I didn't have to pay extra for Mr Bushido or the other Gundam Meisters and it turned out the Susanowo is pretty OP either way. The suits I DID have to pay for were still pretty OP anyway, especailly the fuckin Stamen. Seriously, play that mobile suit for a few minutes, you'll see what I mean.

Sadly once I got to the last few trophies involving getting cards it kinda became a somewhat boring grind.