YesNoOk

Ares' Project Thread (Read 104194 times)

Started by Seraphs Ares, November 28, 2012, 04:46:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

For boundary research only (Pick two):

Ragna (*)
19 (21.8%)
Azrael (**)
13 (14.9%)
Es (*)
16 (18.4%)
Kokonoe (***)
21 (24.1%)
Mai (*****)
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: January 22, 2020, 05:59:18 pm

Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread
#61  December 26, 2012, 01:38:17 am
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
Will do, give me a sec to zip them up. I'll send you a PM.
Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread (1st Post Update Dec. 25, 2012)
#62  December 26, 2012, 03:06:06 am
    • Philippines
Some bugs that are found in the current version:
-While Sunlight Blade: Lightning Spear (Hiyoku Getsumei) Arrow is currently hitting opponent, you can Rapid Cancel - even before the arrow can spawn.
 -If you have 4000 power or more, you can activate this bug.
 -Lightning Spear, Rapid, Lightning Spear + Rapid.
-Air Throwing opponent while Sunlight Blade: Lightning Spear (Hiyoku Getsumei) Arrow is currently hitting can cause Air Throw's targetbind not to work.
-You can continuously spam air Volt Edge (Hishouken) in the air, keeping your Y position.
-At rare times, any of the Volt Edge (Hishouken) Blades can hit twice - hit before they start launching.
-Infinite Burst while bursting in mid-air. Cannot do this when you have burst'ed on the ground.

Edit: Typo.
Edit2: Showing Bug for Lightning Spear.
#63  December 26, 2012, 07:47:30 pm
    • Philippines
I'm not under the effects of NyQuil, so I'm thinking straight now.

Anyway, small update on Ares; I'm still fixing slight bugs that people find.

-Version 0.921
 -Fixed Hiyoku Getsumei Arrow Rapid Cancel Bug.
  -Added variable to signal Rapid Cancel for Hiyoku Getsumei.
 -Fixed Throw when dealing with the Getsumei Arrow.
  -Cannot air throw when arrow is present.
 -Fixed spammable (Air) Volt Edge.
  -Added numproject to all state commands in command file.
  -You can execute another Volt Edge, but the previous projectile must be destroyed.
 -Fixed infinite midair Burst.
  -Added VarSet to empty Burst variable.

I'll make a small update later; reworking his AI at the moment.
#64  December 28, 2012, 07:03:45 am
    • Philippines
Some slight changes since I finally installed my RAM upgrade. Mugen 1.0 finally works smooth for me.

I'll convert everyone to 1.0 after I finish up on updating Ares with his HUD.

He'll have the CT burst icon, but instead of it being gone after it's use, it'll be grayed out. It'll slowly be filled up the red color of the icon, and when it's ready to be used, the burst icon will be completely red again. The burst icon will also serve as the overdrive icon, but when overdrive is used, there will be bar next to the icon, showing how much time is left for the overdrive. Then the burst icon will be grayed out.

Also, I'll be making a 'training-dummy' character for 1.0, Beta-2, a Nu-13/Lamdba-11 punching bag. She'll point out most of the stuff for developers to know, such as Mid.Position, Head.Position, Velocity, Position, ect. I know there is some training dummies out there, but I wanna make my own. :)

I'm not completely abandoning WinMugen; if someone requests a WinMugen version for Epsilon-5, I'll do it, but only my Haku=men edit. And I still got to finish my screenpack, and lifebar for WinMugen. I don't want to leave my project half-a**ed done like that.

Man, I wanna stick to WinMugen, but it seems it's time for me to say goodbye. 1.0 time!
#65  December 28, 2012, 07:08:55 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'll convert everyone to 1.0 after I finish up on updating Ares with his HUD.

He'll have the CT burst icon, but instead of it being gone after it's use, it'll be grayed out. It'll slowly be filled up the red color of the icon, and when it's ready to be used, the burst icon will be completely red again. The burst icon will also serve as the overdrive icon, but when overdrive is used, there will be bar next to the icon, showing how much time is left for the overdrive. Then the burst icon will be grayed out.

Also, I'll be making a 'training-dummy' character for 1.0, Beta-2, a Nu-13/Lamdba-11 punching bag. She'll point out most of the stuff for developers to know, such as Mid.Position, Head.Position, Velocity, Position, ect. I know there is some training dummies out there, but I wanna make my own. :)
- :bison:
-Wait, why will Burst refill over time? The gain a burst when you lose a round mechanic just not translate well enough for you?
- :bison: Will she have any additional features the other dummies (Training by Stupa) won't have? (Aside from being freaking Lambda, she's awesome)
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#66  December 28, 2012, 06:37:08 pm
    • Philippines
The burst mechanic that I'm going to implement is from Chrono Phantasma. They have it back to the classic style of Guilty Gear/Persona 4. It recharges over time. I'm just using the Calamity Trigger sprites until I get my hands on Chrono Phantasma.

I haven't downloaded Training by Stupa, but I get the chance to do so, I'll implement some stuff that Training doesn't have. I'm already thinking of Beta-2 having only 2 attacks, all throws, that uses the opponent's mid and head axis sprites, so it can help developers in their sprite/SFF placement.
#67  December 28, 2012, 06:41:58 pm
  • tired
Oh, okay then.

Yeah, you'll want to check what Training has and how it's implemented (FRAME DATA PLZ) so you can go above and beyond it.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#68  December 28, 2012, 10:33:51 pm
    • Philippines
Just another small update before I head to work.

-Version 0.929
 -Burst HUD added.
  -Grays out when burst is used; red color refills icon over time.
 -Bugged burst variable fixed.
  -Changed FloatPersistIndex to 30, which was at 40; this meant that the burst variable changed to 0 when a new round started.
  -Changed Burst variable to fvar(30).
  -Added fvar(30) >= 10000 into command line, to stop infinite burst.
 -Added Movetype = I into some states.
  -Will add this into all states in the next version.

Spoiler: Screenshots of .0929 (click to see content)

And I'm still working on his AI. The AI is now more of an complete a-hole. AI Ares will now try to bait you into his invincibility moves like Fubuki/Rehhyou/Hiyoku Getsumei, and he executes the occasional 'superflash-1-frame-catch' Judgement: Snowstorm.
Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:37:55 pm by Seraphs Ares
Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread (1st Post Update Dec. 29, 2012)
#69  December 29, 2012, 07:50:39 pm
    • Philippines
Another update post.

-Version 0.94
 -Barrier HUD added.
  -Does not have DANGER feature due to WinMugen not allowing anymore explods on screen.
 -Added Movetype = I StateTypeSet to all normal attacks.
 -Fixed Hitslide and hittime on State 235 projectile.
 -Added Hitslide Custom State for State 1650/1655 Hit.
  -Only Project Blaz characters have the slide custom state.
  -Non-Project Blaz characters will SelfState into 5100.
 -Changed color of the burst fill from red to black.

Spoiler: Screenshots of 0.94 (click to see content)

At this point he's done for WinMugen. I'll continue to improve his AI a bit, making him use combos that fit the situation. I'm also tweaking some of the recovery time on the wallbounce custom states.

I didn't anticipate the scaling of the bars to look so... ..bad. I'm excited to start converting him to 1.0 in the next couple of weeks. Also, I can't wait to work with the rest of the cast after his AI improvement.

Spoiler: Plans for ScreenPack/Lifebar (click to see content)
#70  January 03, 2013, 02:25:51 am
    • Philippines
Still tweaking his AI for a bit. It's more stable than his old Beta AI. The new AI I've been working on is not as aggressive, but he does a lot of counters and instant blocking.

Here's a vid of his AI in action. Also I have his Japanese Dub completed with lip sync.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

He's almost done; just testing his AI in different conditions and fixing some hitstun/recovery in some of his attacks.

Posted: January 03, 2013, 02:29:20 am
Also, the vid has both of his personalities; sis-con and 'spiteful' are in there. If you rename the old Ares Beta as "Ares_BB_Beta", it will trigger his VS. Ragna 'spiteful' personality.
#71  January 03, 2013, 02:58:32 am
  • tired
Looking quite nice there, Ares.
#72  January 05, 2013, 04:05:28 pm
    • Philippines
Looking quite nice there, Ares.
I'm still working with his AI, trying to make him more aggressive yet tactical with his attacks. I want his AI to use the most damaging combos; more frequently the higher the difficulty.

Though I'm still working with Ares' AI, I have to mix up my schedule. I can't neglect all of my characters. I'm porting Epsilon-5 into 1.0 at the moment. There's some improvements that I'm going to make from WinMugen to 1.0.

What is improving in my characters?
-Improved visuals. There will be modified emblems for my characters when they activate their Distortion/Astral. Also, the extra visual effects will be added, like the effects at the start of the Distortion Drive/Astral Heat. I will also improve the Barrier/Burst HUD and add the power bar to Ares and Epsilon-5.
-LocalCoords will stay at 1280x720. My characters will be slightly smaller than most characters running in lower definitions. Of course if you play MUGEN in full screen 1280x720, or run MUGEN in a Hi-Def TV you'll enjoy my characters in full Hi-Def.
-Improved intro:
 -Ares VS. Itsumi (Noel-Edit)
 -Epsilon-5 (Haku=Men) VS. Delta-4 (Mu-12)
 -I'll work with other creators if they want a custom intro with my character. Only if my character has a reason to have that relationship with your character. Example: Ares VS. Ragna/Jin/Noel, Epsilon-5 VS. Mu-12/Nu-13, ect.
-Overdrive will be completely implemented in my characters for MUGEN 1.0.
 -Overdrive will last at the most - 15 seconds at 15% life.
 -I already listed what my characters will have in their Overdrive.
 -Ares' Electro Fangs (Phase 2) "Touga Hyoujin (Phase 2)" will can only be used in Overdrive.
-(Edit) Improved physics: I now can run Calamity Trigger (PC) with MUGEN 1.0 at the same time. Ares (WinMugen) version had physics when I had my PSP (Using Continuum Shift) running with WinMugen at the same time (Guessing the timing of the falls/jumps). Now, I'll have much better velocity/gravity on my characters. I don't have to 'guess' what their gravity is; I'll based their velocities through Calamity Trigger.

Ideas for Overdrive that will be implemented:
-Damage Proration (aka Dampener) will be set to 30% if damage falls below 2%. That means all attacks will have 30% damage at the least during Overdrive. Proration will drop by a large amount if you continue to attack after Overdrive ends. (This may change if the attacks are more damaging that I am expecting.)
-All of my characters will have a 700+ damage combo. If the conditions are met - you'll have to figure out the combo.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-New moves:
 -Ares-
  -Judgement: Thunderstorm (Phase 2) "Kokuujin: Yukikaze (Phase 2)"
   -Super counter without the Super Pause/Super Flash. Super Pause/Super Flash activates when the counter is triggered. Longer active frames in exchanged for a longer recovery time. Can catch opponents easier.
   -If counter is triggered: Distortion Drive hits 5 times, 350 damage. Ending animation is different until I get his Chrono Phantasma Sprites. Source.
  -Sunlight Blade: Lightning Spear (Phase 2) "Hiyoku Getsumei (Phase 2)"
   -Arrow hits 35 times instead of 24. Last hit shocks opponent in place. Longer recovery time. Damages around 320-330.
 -Epsilon-5-
  -Judgement: Squall (Phase 2) "Kokuujin: Shippu (Phase 2)"
   -Has wave projectile. Wave sprite and animation will be from Jin's Touga Hyoujin. Projectile staggers.
   -Want to troll with Epsilon? Yes!
    -(This combo can only be used during Overdrive at max with Infinity "Mugen" active. Must hit Forward C (Max) as a counter hit for this combo to work.)
  -Judgement: Snowstorm (Phase 2) "Kokuujin: Yukikaze (Phase 2)"
   -Counter now hits 20 times, damage at 450. (Half-health for most characters. Ouch!) Source.
-There will be new moves for my Noel-edit, Delta-4, Gamma-3 when I have them ready in 1.0. I will list them as well in the future.

Slight changes in my character's moves:
-Ares-
 -Shock Spear "Musou" has very low Y position now. He slides close to the ground. Hold C for more vertical position. When I get his Hizansen/geki sprites, he will no longer have this move chaining from air attacks.
-Epsilon-5-
 -New attack = Agito: Same as Chrono Phantasma's move. 1 magatama use, usable in the air/dash hop. Instead of a wide punch, uses the B air kick. This will change when I get the correct sprite.

And for those who like special VS. themes, here's my Jin-Edit vs. Haku=Men-Edit theme.

Spoiler: To those who care/want to know why. (click to see content)
It's not the official theme, just remixed by someone who just listened to the song through gameplay videos. (Awesome work dude.) I'll include this theme in the download links when I get the official one.
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:10:42 pm by Seraphs Ares
#73  January 05, 2013, 05:33:23 pm
  • tired
I hope using them on 640 won't break their sprite scale.
#74  January 05, 2013, 05:52:51 pm
    • Philippines
The scaling of all of my characters will stay at 1. They won't be scaled any more or less than that. I've read a few topics about the scale conversions before I started porting to 1.0.
Spoiler: Screen for 640 (click to see content)
Spoiler: Screen for 720 (click to see content)
My characters will appear a bit smaller in 640. I may have to play around with the localcoords if the general audience does not agree with my 1280x720 setting. I'll maybe use Neat Unsou's scaling of 1000x700-something. But for the most part, they'll stay on source - scale wise.
#75  January 06, 2013, 10:42:13 pm
    • Philippines
I had to rename the thread to the original version. I don't want to keep updating the topic over and over. Also the link in my readme links to the original title. I'll post whenever the first post is updated with new info, which is mainly the Complete Sound Pack.

Update post!
Spoiler: -Version 0.95 (click to see content)
Spoiler: -Updates to next version: (click to see content)

Are you ready guys? Doing final checks on his version 0.95, before I upload him and update the release thread.

Just to let you know guys; this is his 'final' update in WinMugen. The only updates I will do in the future for WinMugen Ares is AI updates. I'm getting lazy in WinMugen since Mugen 1.0 looks amazing in full Hi-Def. :P

Once I get Delta-4's drive bugs corrected, I'll post her updates, but at the moment, I'll be smelting her in the cauldron secretly. :)
#76  January 06, 2013, 10:44:40 pm
  • tired
Porting to 1.0? Please fix the awful commands in 1.0. I know you're going to, but I can't fully enjoy him if his chaining won't even work properly...
#77  January 06, 2013, 10:50:30 pm
    • Philippines
Yeah, I slapped him in 1.0 and I couldn't do half the things I wanted to do.

Also, the port of Ares is not a complete port, more of a major update. He'll have all the improvements that I said in the Improvement/Overdrive post.

Ares 1.0 > WinMugen Ares.

1.0 version will have Overdrive, better visuals, victory quotes, and of course, a fixed version of the command input for his attacks.
#78  January 06, 2013, 10:56:27 pm
  • tired
Hey, mang, I said port because your post said you're porting him. I knew you were updating him, but yeah 1.0 Ares all the way. I hope the victory quotes are custom-made for him.
#79  January 06, 2013, 11:32:50 pm
    • Philippines
Hey Madamg,

I was thinking of the wrong word. Updating -> Porting.  :goofy:

And his victory quotes are custom. Mainly they are towards my characters and other BlazBlue characters. I posted this somewhere in the first page.
Spoiler: Ares Victory Quotes 1.0  (Updated) (click to see content)

Once I get done coding my characters, I'll get into creating the arcade storyboard (intro and ending) for all of my Project Blaz characters. This is some fan-stuff for those who like my BB creations. Tie in some made-up story, like the relation of Delta-4 to everyone, and explain why the h*** Ares is obsessive over Noel and all her other Murokumo clones; excluding Nu-13.

And with that said; I'm probably the only MUGEN coder out there who's working solely on BB-style characters. When I finish my whole Project Blaz, I'll probably work on creating a "on the source" BlazBlue character.
#80  January 06, 2013, 11:36:35 pm
  • tired
Why no obsession with Nu?