YesNoOk

Whats the closest you've come to death? (Read 11317 times)

Started by ZBOY, October 01, 2007, 04:36:13 am
Share this topic:
Whats the closest you've come to death?
#1  October 01, 2007, 04:36:13 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
-jumped a bayou, my friends dared me. I jumped over the bayou successfully but I landed on my knees. >_<
-4th grade I was tying my shoe, then out of nowhere a soccer ball hit my gut. I couldn't breathe.
-When I was younger I came out of the restroom with my cousin, then I ran into a wall and busted my head open. Bunch of blood over my shirt.
-I fell off a shopping cart in Fiesta when I was younger on my neck. Bleeding alot. Metal pierced throught my skin!! Whats even worse is that I went to the hospital OMG THAT HURT!!!
-In Mexico I flew off a ATV(4 wheeler) while trying to jump a hill, then lost control, body was sooo numb. I could barely move. Luckly I was with my 2nd cousin's cousin and his friend.That happened a year ago or two.

more to come....................
Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 04:56:14 am by The Dude Z
Re: Whats the closest you've come to death?
#2  October 01, 2007, 04:46:39 am
- During an operation I lost close to half my blood and they wouldn't give me the blood I had donated before the operation for the sole purpose of it being there if needed.

- When I was a kid my body temperature rose to over 108 and then I stopped breathing, and my heart stopped.

I know there's more but I can't remember them offhand. Yours are crap. You bled a little, big fucking deal.

Edit: remembered another one.

- When I was born I had cleft lip/palette so when I'd eat it would come out my nostrils instead of going down my throat. Backwards fucking retarded doctors in the midwest decided that the "he'll eat when he's hungry approach" would work, despite the logical fallacy involved in said approach. So a week after giving birth my mom drove 70 miles to a hospital that wasn't stuck in the 15th century. Starving to death is closer than hitting your head and bleeding for 10-15 minutes. You still fail.
What's a Rabite doing in a place like this?
Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 04:53:48 am by Rabite
#3  October 01, 2007, 04:52:56 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
- During an operation I lost close to half my blood and they wouldn't give me the blood I had donated before the operation for the sole purpose of it being there if needed.

- When I was a kid my body temperature rose to over 108 and then I stopped breathing, and my heart stopped.

I know there's more but I can't remember them offhand. Yours are crap. You bled a little, big fucking deal.

Well you're a turd sandwhich
#4  October 01, 2007, 04:54:20 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
- I hit my self in the neck with a sledge hammer, then got decapitated by the ground.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#5  October 01, 2007, 04:55:25 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/

And you're an asshat who is unimportant and Peter gives a shit about.
#6  October 01, 2007, 04:57:47 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I fell off a cliff but grabbed onto a tree, but that broke after a few seconds so I fell again, but when I fell I it wasn't as hard since I stopped midway. Unfortunately I landed sitting on a fire-ant hole and they bit the shit out of my nuts.
#7  October 01, 2007, 04:58:41 am
  • I like bread
    • USA

#8  October 01, 2007, 04:59:15 am

So someone actually posts in one of your topics and points out that you might as well not have even posted your experiences, and you act like you have a right to talk shit? Fucking pussy.
#9  October 01, 2007, 04:59:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
NICE PHONICS WRITE PICTURE
#10  October 01, 2007, 05:00:41 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
I got a papercut while I was using my crayola brand scissors to make a Father's day card and I started bleeding a few drops so I cried and ran to my mom who said she'd make it all better BUT SHE COULDN'T BECAUSE WE RAN OUT OF BANDAIDS so we went to the neighbor's house to ask for bandaids I think I lost a couple more drops of blood and the neighbors didn't have any bandaids and I was still crying and they tried neosporin but that only cleaned the wound and didn't stop it from bleeding and finally my mom taped a piece of tablecloth over it and I almost died.
#11  October 01, 2007, 05:00:46 am
  • I like bread
    • USA

So someone actually posts in one of your topics and points out that you might as well not have even posted your experiences, and you act like you have a right to talk shit? Fucking pussy.

You talked shit first, so I talked shit back. Thats how I roll holmes. I'm not mad, just getting a laugh out of this.
#12  October 01, 2007, 05:02:07 am

You don't want to fight Titiln, he's from Brazil Chile. He'll kick your fucking ass into the ground. And stuff.
#13  October 01, 2007, 05:03:24 am
  • I like bread
    • USA

You don't want to fight Titiln, he's from Brazil Chile. He'll kick your fucking ass into the ground. And stuff.

Can you stop kissing ass and get back on topic?
#14  October 01, 2007, 05:03:35 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#15  October 01, 2007, 05:06:11 am
Considering your first post was irrelevant to the topic at hand I don't think you have much room to talk. This topic is supposed to be about almost dying not bleeding. If I wanted stories about bleeding I'd find a board for emo/goth people. At least they know what death is: their ultimate use in life.
Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 05:11:53 am by Rabite
#16  October 01, 2007, 05:06:31 am
  • حيث هود ،
    • www.trinitymugen.net/

#17  October 01, 2007, 05:08:07 am
  • baka.
Posting in a epic thread
#18  October 01, 2007, 05:09:54 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
Considering your first post was irrelevant to the topic at hand I don't think you have much room to talk. This topic is supposed to be about almost dying not bleeding. If I wanted stories about bleeding I'd find a board for emo/goth people. At least they know what death is, their ultimate use in life.

[size=40pt]/WRIST[/size]
#19  October 01, 2007, 05:10:28 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
Considering your first post was irrelevant to the topic at hand I don't think you have much room to talk. This topic is supposed to be about almost dying not bleeding. If I wanted stories about bleeding I'd find a board for emo/goth people. At least they know what death is, their ultimate use in life.

Why talk shit to me? Did I do anything to make you mad? NO! I just wanted to know if anybody had and experiences where they were close to death. Thats all!! Was I trying to impress anybody? NO!
#20  October 01, 2007, 05:13:40 am

Why talk shit to me? Did I do anything to make you mad? NO! I just wanted to know if anybody had and experiences where they were close to death. Thats all!! Was I trying to impress anybody? NO!

I didn't talk shit. I pointed out that you failed at almost dying. Talking shit is telling you that you need to get closer, like finishing the job.
#21  October 01, 2007, 05:14:27 am
I got a papercut while I was using my crayola brand scissors to make a Father's day card and I started bleeding a few drops so I cried and ran to my mom who said she'd make it all better BUT SHE COULDN'T BECAUSE WE RAN OUT OF BANDAIDS so we went to the neighbor's house to ask for bandaids I think I lost a couple more drops of blood and the neighbors didn't have any bandaids and I was still crying and they tried neosporin but that only cleaned the wound and didn't stop it from bleeding and finally my mom taped a piece of tablecloth over it and I almost died.

Best f***ing story ever!! lmao

Let's see....closest time I came to death was....boy I've had some good ones....if I could only remember them....

-The night I attempted suicide for the second time, had my hand across my throat and was doin' everything 'by the book' for that sort of method, just hard enough to cause restriction and all. Felt the air supply running low, and blacked out for a second and saw the image of what I equate to a brilliant blue cross in the lower left corner of my vision - closed eye lids. Opened my eyes and stopped myself. Haven't tried since, hold no pity for those who do. Still get depressed on occasion, but never to the point of trying again.
#22  October 01, 2007, 05:18:24 am
  • I like bread
    • USA

I didn't talk shit. I pointed out that you failed at almost dying. Talking shit is telling you that you need to get closer, like finishing the job.

Well can we end this pointless bickering then? You called my experiences crap. I wouldn't say that to anyone else. If you got crap to say PM or keep it to your self. And for once your experiences are better than mine, but still don't insult me.

Have a nice day. ;D
#23  October 01, 2007, 05:46:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#24  October 01, 2007, 06:38:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Best f***ing story ever!! lmao

Let's see....closest time I came to death was....boy I've had some good ones....if I could only remember them....

-The night I attempted suicide for the second time, had my hand across my throat and was doin' everything 'by the book' for that sort of method, just hard enough to cause restriction and all. Felt the air supply running low, and blacked out for a second and saw the image of what I equate to a brilliant blue cross in the lower left corner of my vision - closed eye lids. Opened my eyes and stopped myself. Haven't tried since, hold no pity for those who do. Still get depressed on occasion, but never to the point of trying again.

i remember reading somewhere that you can't kill yoruself like that, because you stop stopping your breathing when you become unconcious.

mine was pretty lame, besides almost drowning a few times once i had some breathing problems that forced me to vomit so i could somehow beathe again.
#25  October 01, 2007, 06:49:52 am
  • Yume De Aetara fanboy of the highest caliber!
    • www.esnips.com/user/urzaspalettes
I used to have extremely horrible Migraines as a young child (I have one every now and again, but not as often as I used to). When I say horrible, I mean horrible. They would be a 9 on the pain index.

Years ago I had the worst headache that I had ever experienced. It was a 10 on the pain index (Scale from 1 to 10 where 10 is the worst pain the person has ever felt). I can still remember how it felt. It's like somebody is taking a near molten sledgehammer and bashing the ever living Hell out of your skull. It was so bad that I had to be taken to the hospital. I nearly died from it.

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#26  October 01, 2007, 02:12:29 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I got run over by a car.

#27  October 01, 2007, 03:25:34 pm
  • duwa duwa
got jumped

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#28  October 01, 2007, 08:04:32 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Ijust had one when i was 5 years old (my parents told me) i got feber and they got me to the doctor, they said it i was going to die but i got better by miracle :O
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#29  October 01, 2007, 08:17:48 pm
    • Germany
Never been even remotly close to death, ever. At least not that I'm aware of.

i remember reading somewhere that you can't kill yoruself like that, because you stop stopping your breathing when you become unconcious.

exactly. you'd have to be a super-monk or something to get that method to actually work.

if you want fail-safe suicide, just shout out an insult about Chuck Norris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORcL2Yit14 <--- sadly I can only find this bastardized version of the original scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJgyk2fDZY

someone ought to do a THIS IS SPARTA scene of that
Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 08:38:26 pm by Valodim
#30  October 02, 2007, 12:08:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#31  October 02, 2007, 12:47:58 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#32  October 02, 2007, 01:00:17 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
Erm... thinking back, I think when I got married.. was pretty tragic.

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#33  October 02, 2007, 04:52:27 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I was driving home with my wife and youngest daughter from seeing Bruce Almighty and we were hit by a drunk driver.  I broke my right arm and right leg in 3 places, also had to get my spine fused in 2 places.  My wife died instantly, my daughter was in the ICU and after 3 days she went to sleep and never woke up.
#34  October 02, 2007, 05:36:27 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Had bronchitis a number of times.  Couple minor bone fractures and a dog bite in the lip.  The fucking hospital refused to take me cause the emergency surgeon pussed out.

Closest-to-death experience that I don't remember is that I was born blue because I couldn't breath for one reason or another.  That's about it.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#35  October 02, 2007, 08:18:38 am
  • on your knees, dog.
I was driving home with my wife and youngest daughter from seeing Bruce Almighty and we were hit by a drunk driver.  I broke my right arm and right leg in 3 places, also had to get my spine fused in 2 places.  My wife died instantly, my daughter was in the ICU and after 3 days she went to sleep and never woke up.
O_O
★★★
Admin in disguise

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#36  October 02, 2007, 12:37:13 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Not close enough.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#37  October 02, 2007, 12:46:01 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
You don't want to fight Titiln, he's from Chile.
;Chile = :buttrox:
;Then he will rip your head of and play soccer with it.

I almost starved to death when i was a kid, i hade a diseace in a bodypart, so everytime i eat something, i puked it up.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#38  October 02, 2007, 01:41:54 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I feel sorry for you. Having someone you love the most die is like dying yourself. My sincerest apologies.

#39  October 02, 2007, 09:17:58 pm
  • SNK is life
Had a freak kiddie-car accident when I was 4 years old
The impact originated a severe internal bleeding and some organs were shattered.

I ended up in the OR, the doctors said there was a 86% chance that I wouldn't make it, but I did :wugoi:

Lost my 1st kindergarden year, and spent months in my house with all the toys my family gave me when they thought I was gonna die. I had all the Silverhawks and Thundercats action figures :buttrox:

Oh yeah, I also learned to read :book:
#40  October 02, 2007, 09:41:58 pm
  • duwa duwa

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up

Animugen

#41  October 02, 2007, 09:45:25 pm
I once ate Thanksgiving leftovers and I was eating so fast my heart began beating fast then I started to choke and I couldn't breath.But I used the That Maneuver(I forgot what it was called)And saved myself because no one else was in the house.Good thing they showed me how to do it when I was in third grade or else I wouldn't be here now.lol.
#42  October 02, 2007, 09:55:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the good thing is that thanksgiving is near...

Animugen

#43  October 02, 2007, 09:56:19 pm
Yep.I cannot wait to chow down.

JYD

#44  October 02, 2007, 09:59:27 pm
  • ~*Laugh With Me*~
    • mugeninvasion.ucoz.com/
I Was In 2 Car Accidents: A Dumbass Ran A Red A Stop Sign & I T-Boned His Asss & The Second Involved Me Getting Hit By A Metro Bus

The Second One Could've Killed Me But All I Acme Out With Was A Bone Bruise ( Don't Know If It's Spelled Right )
Plus I Wasn't Wearin A Seat Belt & The Car Spun Like 4 Times

If Someone Had Been On My Passenger Side They Would Not Be Here Today

Till This Day I Still Think About That
#45  October 03, 2007, 02:09:42 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I once ate Thanksgiving leftovers and I was eating so fast my heart began beating fast then I started to choke and I couldn't breath.But I used the That Maneuver(I forgot what it was called)And saved myself because no one else was in the house.Good thing they showed me how to do it when I was in third grade or else I wouldn't be here now.lol.
Heimlich. Heimlich maneuver.

#46  October 03, 2007, 07:04:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Eichmann
#47  October 09, 2007, 01:14:03 pm
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
 --; I dont regret my marriage, but I feel a part inside of me died a little.. the fun part.

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#48  October 09, 2007, 02:07:14 pm
    • Germany
:thinking:
#49  October 09, 2007, 02:23:17 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#50  October 09, 2007, 04:36:30 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Well, I have heard women say that before.

On topic...meh, not going to bother. I don't like pondering the subject of my own death, and I've been close enough to it enough times to deserve the right to dismiss the subject. It's better to ponder how you live now and affect others.
#51  October 09, 2007, 06:02:45 pm
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
Does your experience involve suicide?

Mine was when I fell asleep while driving, I was on the road coming from school. 80 mph while it was raining, my vampire hours got the best of me.
#52  October 09, 2007, 06:17:34 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
When I fell off a bike and landed on my head without a helmet.

Also, watching Catwoman.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#53  October 09, 2007, 06:22:21 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I was sitting in a rickshaw (that's a mix of a scooter and a car) and a car hit us and the rickshaw flipped to the side.

Got a back injury which still aches till now.
#54  October 09, 2007, 06:32:02 pm
#55  October 09, 2007, 06:46:08 pm
Also, watching Catwoman.

too bad you failed man! also, wtf is with dat tum blue font? what does it signify, bitch?

It is pronounced Pan-zer-man-ath-od, not Pan-zer-ma-na-thod. I created the name. I might as well help you pronounce it.

wow. You created a name yourself. and you have the FuCKING DECENCY to educate us on how to pronounce it! as if anyone give a shit how its pronounced. i salute you, warrior
#56  October 09, 2007, 06:49:57 pm
    • Germany
whoa dude, what's your problem?
#57  October 09, 2007, 06:52:58 pm
Maybe he's envious of Panzer's blue font mastery? (Actually I got nuthin, but that was the guy's first and only post here oddly)
#58  October 09, 2007, 07:36:31 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Also, watching Catwoman.

too bad you failed man! also, wtf is with dat tum blue font? what does it signify, bitch?

That I get raped on a regular basis, and that I currently have such a strong case of blue balls that it has affected the color of my font.

It is pronounced Pan-zer-man-ath-od, not Pan-zer-ma-na-thod. I created the name. I might as well help you pronounce it.

wow. You created a name yourself. and you have the FuCKING DECENCY to educate us on how to pronounce it! as if anyone give a shit how its pronounced. i salute you, warrior

*Zombie salute*
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#59  October 09, 2007, 08:28:01 pm
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
Drinking and snorting coke. Sounds like a party George W. Bush was in during college.

Mog

#60  October 09, 2007, 11:35:42 pm
My my, what an original topic, next you'll be asking if this place is safe for ladies.

:angel:
#61  October 10, 2007, 03:47:54 am
    • Peru
It never was from the start.

Mog

#62  October 11, 2007, 01:11:31 am
#63  October 13, 2007, 02:54:31 am
  • .....?
Once I was attacked by a group of ninjas but i fought them off with my numchucks.
Im low tier.
#64  October 13, 2007, 02:18:09 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Also, watching Catwoman.

'sup idiocy at it's finest.

Once I was attacked by a group of ninjas but i fought them off with my numchucks.

'sup Bullshitter.

#65  October 14, 2007, 10:32:53 pm
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
I have died before. Luckily there were respawn points.   ::)
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#66  October 15, 2007, 04:10:59 am
ssx3 plus gta thats as simple as i can describe the dream i had last night!

My messed up private mugen!
#67  October 15, 2007, 07:27:26 pm
  • corner push pusher
I come close to death everyday.  Walking anywhere downtown in Indianapolis is asking for a hit&run by people who can't drive worth shit.
#68  October 16, 2007, 02:55:09 am
  • Conic Team nod your head
    • www.freewebs.com/conicteam/
So sad :(
-I almostcommited suicide(not intentionly)by banging on a glass door. :D
I had to get to my spine fused one time (for hemivertibrae)
#69  October 18, 2007, 11:37:51 pm
  • I HAS NO BUCKETZ, BUT I DO HAS MUDKIPZ LULUL
The closest to death I have been so far was when i was 5 or 6 or so.
I was at a swimming pool, but only on the stairs that lead into the bottom of the pool because I couldn't swim.
Well, I accidentally let go of the pole in the stairs and got carried off by a current, (Created by someone doing a cannonball ._. )
and went into the water...
Well, i was 6 so I didn't know any better, I got a lungful of water because i wanted to breathe, and I started to paw the water above.
Well, after awhile, like 20 seconds or so in the water, I grabbed a girls swimsuit... xD And frightned, she pulled me out of the water and said "PERVERT!"
Then she swam away, after awhile my dad found me and said "Wow, you just grabbed that girl's bikini top, what the heck happened?"
#70  October 18, 2007, 11:42:17 pm
    • Germany

OZ

#71  October 19, 2007, 12:19:36 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Swimming in a lake. I'm done swimming, so I climb up on a floating dock. Of course I didn't see the nail sticking out of the dock. So when I pull up I find that I am connected to the dock by my chest. I now have the head of a nail under my skin (kind of creepy in retrospect). I struggle a little until I get loose. A lot of blood, but it really didn't hurt to much that day(always a plus). I went in and washed it off, and seeing as it was pretty nasty and I didn't have any "waterproof" bandages I probably should have stayed inside. But seeing as I am a guy and I still wanted to swim, what did I do?
I slapped ducktape on it.(Once again probably not too smart; that lake is nasty as hell.)
Man that thing got infected. :D

And oh, congratulations to the bikini dude
ಠ_ಠ
#72  October 21, 2007, 02:48:48 am
  • Suprise Buttsecks!!!!
    • USA
2001 i had a serious case of pneumonia  and i was serious ly close till death till i bounced back after kicking death in the boney balls-
#73  October 24, 2007, 11:30:13 pm
  • the personification of all evil...
when I was younger and didnt know how to swim [Im 10 and still cant} I  went to a toy when some b****** pushed me in to very deep water and I almost drownend until my brother mark got me out