YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 510725 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1501  September 16, 2015, 07:36:55 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
If i'm not mistaken I recall them saying on dA(or somewhere) that they wanted to wait until 1.1 was stable before using it?
#1502  September 17, 2015, 11:54:10 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Pretty sure their issue is fixable though. Are they even using MUGEN 1.1 to begin with?
They haven't been around for so long that I'm not even sure myself. Maybe someone should message'em amd tell them. Their issue of limited helpers is hardly fixable, however. The things you've seen in the trailer may look nice, but there's a lot of coding going on in the background there. The helpers limit really is garbage and because of it makes Mugen not the ideal system to make a game such as what they were making. Even I find myself holding back in what it is I want to do from the helper limit and even the explod and var limitations.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#1503  September 18, 2015, 12:32:51 am
if you have something solid, i can relay it to him. but should i ask him if he tried using MUGEN 1.1 first?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1504  September 18, 2015, 02:34:48 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
if you have something solid, i can relay it to him. but should i ask him if he tried using MUGEN 1.1 first?
Do what you want, but there's really nothing new here with Mugen or the community that could solve their problem of a helper limit. Even Mugen 1.1 won't change that.
HelperMax = 56
They're well aware that the community can do nothing about it, too. Unless their coding can be altered in some way to work which I'm sure an experienced coder who knows what they're doing could figure out for sure if AbyssWolf's word isn't good enough, there's nothing we can do. By the sounds of it we really should just forget this project ever existed until Elecbyte (who's site has apparently been down for god knows how long) gives us an upgraded Mugen with a much higher helper limit which could be many years from now. Also, if you wanna blame anything blame the program itself, not AbyssWolf or Orkimides.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#1505  September 18, 2015, 03:00:20 am
i read a bit about the helper scrtl in the mugen docs but i found nothing about the helper max.
does "HelperMax = 56" mean that helpers are restricted to just 56 helpers for the entire mugen game with one for each character?
#1506  September 18, 2015, 06:32:58 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
56 total means 56 total. All helpers from everyone combined. Hence why it's garbage imo, but yeah. So their problem isn't so easily solveable.

#1507  September 18, 2015, 06:39:18 am
    • USA
This game should definitely not hit the 56 helpers cap. Heck, 30 is already pushing it hard.
#1508  September 18, 2015, 11:12:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I can't imagine any attack that would max out MUGEN's helper limit o_O

EDIT: After watching the trailer, I'm still questioning how they're hitting that limit unless they're using helpers where they could be using explods.
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:16:34 am by Jango Hakamichi
#1509  September 18, 2015, 02:31:12 pm
so what you guys are saying is that if they still want to use mugen, they're gonna need to cut down their card support system to make it something like one card per char. right?
anyways, i already PM'ed him and asked if he could elaborate on their problems.
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:37:58 pm by Gennos
#1510  September 18, 2015, 08:37:29 pm
  • Old works Web Down here ¥
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://dragolink1.webs.com/
So, they are still working on it?... Or is stopped?...

#1511  September 18, 2015, 11:47:02 pm
Not saying the usual "take my money" and cannot even be called a kickstarter, because the characters are not originally from them, why don't they do as mcleodgaming and request for helpers on the project?
#1512  September 19, 2015, 12:54:34 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Compare Super Smash Flash 2 (a game that accepts help from whoever out there feels like it) to Card Sagas Wars (a game done between only few but very experienced people). SSF2 mostly suffers from a gigantic inconsistency between the sprites of the characters, due to including too many different sprite authors that most of the time can only either rely on either tracing Smash Bros screenshots and leave a lot of banding on their sprites, or just plainly editing sprites from other games. CSW, on the other hand, has only two main spriters, yet they know exactly what they are doing with their sprite style, given they are experienced.

I'm not bashing SSF2, but mixing artists like that is not always a good idea, unless you are really sure that they are experienced. Ahruon and Orkimides tried to keep their sprites as consistent and unique as they could, so they can't just expect whoever feels like helping to see it in the same way. It's not that simple.

Shit
#1513  September 19, 2015, 09:03:55 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I agree with MotorRoach CSW was A precious gem when I first laid eyes upon it the style of the sprites were amazing it looked like a retro game that everyone wanted. Going to there website every now and again to see what sprites they made for the characters was like going to a Museum you can still visit their deviantart pages and see the cool animations they have. Sorry for getting sidetracked I just like the mugen scene how its come from alternate ryu, ken, akuma, kyo to the creations of today and even those who try..... even chochuryu. Gennos thank you for the info and please if any more news arises let us know.
#1514  October 12, 2015, 09:55:07 pm
Hi, The project is stopped since long time ago because lot of MUGEN memory troubles that made it unplayable without explode, i can't tell you that it's cancelled because we don't know if we will keep working on it someday but we are not working on it right now, sry.

So let me get this straight project still alive in there minds but there facing this obstacle and there real life jobs, I totally not blame them for this but is like the comments from abysswolf's deviant art says they could give us a heads up about the situation Look Ahuron or Orkimides needs to understand that us the fans of everything gaming or Anime really would love to play something as this that yes we could gladly give them the necessarily Money they need, People are saying they will 100% donate to this project so for example if ahuron or orkimides needs a new powerful PC and they don't have the funds they should take our offer.

Nevertheless i do wish them the endless luck in there work and i shall continue waiting for CSG like its Half life 3 IDC i know we might be able to see trailer #6 or something even way more cooler, Until then is best to wait for ahuron to confirm the official statement.
#1515  October 12, 2015, 11:10:16 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Compare Super Smash Flash 2 (a game that accepts help from whoever out there feels like it) to Card Sagas Wars (a game done between only few but very experienced people). SSF2 mostly suffers from a gigantic inconsistency between the sprites of the characters, due to including too many different sprite authors that most of the time can only either rely on either tracing Smash Bros screenshots and leave a lot of banding on their sprites, or just plainly editing sprites from other games. CSW, on the other hand, has only two main spriters, yet they know exactly what they are doing with their sprite style, given they are experienced.

I'm not bashing SSF2, but mixing artists like that is not always a good idea, unless you are really sure that they are experienced. Ahruon and Orkimides tried to keep their sprites as consistent and unique as they could, so they can't just expect whoever feels like helping to see it in the same way. It's not that simple.

Except for the fact that CSW will never see the light of day. So there's that. Happens all of the time with projects like this, if they look too good to be true, they probably are.

It's too bad it's full of copyrighted properties, it would make for an incredible Kickstarter campaign, they would be raking it in. I wonder if it would be possible to do something like this on Kickstarter if you changed the characters just enough to not be the exact properties? You know, if you had 'Hyper the Hedgehog' and the 'Super Plumber Bros' or something like that? If you called it a parody game it might work.

But yeah, it's a mute point. CSW really did look incredible, though. Oh well. The guys making it were incredibly talented, I'm sure they could have bright futures in gaming, if they want it.
#1516  November 04, 2017, 04:44:10 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
Card Saga Wars - Rebirth

Card Saga Wars Rebirth: Alpha Footage (Link Gameplay)

and nice video from Mugen Lord, about, Card Saga Wars - Rebirth.
#1517  November 04, 2017, 05:01:28 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Beautiful. This will make some older Mugen players smile.

Remembers when he had named himself after this fullgame.
#1518  November 04, 2017, 05:35:28 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
CSW....I haven't heard about this in a looooonnnggg time. From what Mugen Lord is saying, his channel is going to be the exclusive channel to watch out for info. To see things from my school days coming back...AWESOME. It also sounds like the team working on this is very passionate about this.
#1519  November 04, 2017, 05:44:47 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Kinda miss the 2d sprites tbh something about em just oozed smexyness but I mean these are cool too, they move in damn near fluid motion.

Alas just glad SOMETHING is happening with this XD
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#1520  November 04, 2017, 06:32:04 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Eh, I will withhold my enthusiasm until the release of something actually playable this time. Also (and purely personally speaking), I don't care much for the new art style. Good luck with it anyway.