YesNoOk

Chun-Li (MEGA UPDATE, updated 4/27/12) (Read 28808 times)

Started by Jmorphman, April 04, 2012, 08:06:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Chun-Li (MEGA UPDATE)
#21  April 04, 2012, 10:46:30 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#22  April 04, 2012, 11:31:55 pm
Looking sweet so far.
#23  April 05, 2012, 01:08:09 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
-The AI still have some issues, like doing a non-stop Hyakuretsu Kyaku 'til someone hits her... or in case of an CPU controlled match will cause to lock the opponent in block animation.

-Particulary I dont like the superpause with Shadowlady, at first I thought it was a glitch... but if most people and specially you dig it, well I can handle that. Maybe if you put another effect besides the eye-shine like a back-ground portrait, shadaloo simbol or integrate it with the Super-FX would look better IMHO. Also now that I'm talking about non-mechanic issues I would like you to consider changing the voice for Shadowlady, maybe variying the pitch of the voice or givir her the original voice of the MvC series (zero Chun-Li, if I recall).

-Also in the readme when you introduce Shadowlady in the Mode Overview you call her Kusanagi :ninja:

More to come as I examine her further, thanks for this update man, Chunners never looked better! :sugoi:
#24  April 05, 2012, 01:14:30 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
-The AI still have some issues, like doing a non-stop Hyakuretsu Kyaku 'til someone hits her... or in case of an CPU controlled match will cause to lock the opponent in block animation.
Fixed.

-Particulary I dont like the superpause with Shadowlady, at first I thought it was a glitch... but if most people and specially you dig it, well I can handle that. Maybe if you put another effect besides the eye-shine like a back-ground portrait, shadaloo simbol or integrate it with the Super-FX would look better IMHO.
I'm considering shortening the superpause and sticking in the eye flash during the same time as the super spark is displayed, as PotS did with his Charlie. But I haven't decided either way.

Also now that I'm talking about non-mechanic issues I would like you to consider changing the voice for Shadowlady, maybe variying the pitch of the voice or givir her the original voice of the MvC series (zero Chun-Li, if I recall).
Meh, I think the voice is fine.

MDD

#25  April 05, 2012, 01:21:35 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
*Sees you released her, deletes Shadow Lady palettes*

Will try later.
#26  April 05, 2012, 01:58:06 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Another curious thing happened at least twice when I fought her AI, when she's cornered and attemps a wall jump to scape from the corner she goes up and never falls, I can's seem to trigger this manually :ninja:
#27  April 05, 2012, 02:17:45 am
I fucking love this Chun Li, best on MUGEN for me so far, but I haven't messed with her much. Really nice work though man, the long wait was worth it.

EDIT: Why aren't your characters on Trinity MUGEN anymore? The latest version of your Ken, Joe and Kyo disappeared off the face of the internet and I wanted to re-download them
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:45:16 am by Cazaki
#28  April 05, 2012, 02:48:04 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
They're on his site at MUGEN GUild. He disbanded a while ago after a disagreement. Course it couldn't be on good terms with everyone, figures tho.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#29  April 05, 2012, 03:00:57 am
Another curious thing happened at least twice when I fought her AI, when she's cornered and attemps a wall jump to scape from the corner she goes up and never falls, I can's seem to trigger this manually :ninja:

Encountered a simular thing myself in AI matches, vs first POTS's Ryu then Akuma. She was going along just dandy and then she jumped off the screen... "And was never seen again..."  :P Looks like a great release, can't wait to really sit down and play around with it.
#30  April 05, 2012, 03:13:54 am
    • USA
#31  April 05, 2012, 03:36:38 am
    • USA
i did her MAX super, Final Mission and the super portrait looks way off.

#32  April 05, 2012, 03:38:47 am
    • USA
#33  April 05, 2012, 03:38:59 am
    • Thailand
[State 5901, Turns Intro]

The above state has a misspelled trigger1. Doesn't crash Mugen, unfortunately.
#34  April 05, 2012, 03:40:06 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK

Did you change her portrait or any of her sprites and save it? That happened to me too.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#35  April 05, 2012, 03:40:50 am
    • USA
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/ZigZack843/mugen000-1.png
Are you testing it in Fighter Factory 3? Apparently the super spark stuff bugs out weirdly using FF3.

yes, i am, i should report this to virtualltek if that's the case

Did you change her portrait or any of her sprites and save it? That happened to me too.

nope, i used her fresh out of the box.
#36  April 05, 2012, 03:42:22 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
That's strange. I remember changing her portrait in FF3 then saving it and it happened.

Then I DLed a fresh one and it seemed normal. then I copied the SFF to give Shadow Lady her own ports and then her super sparks went all over the place.

They look screwed up when I use FF3's testing thing but in normal mugen it looks fine.
#37  April 05, 2012, 03:50:53 am
    • USA
That's strange. I remember changing her portrait in FF3 then saving it and it happened.

Then I DLed a fresh one and it seemed normal. then I copied the SFF to give Shadow Lady her own ports and then her super sparks went all over the place.

They look screwed up when I use FF3's testing thing but in normal mugen it looks fine.

Oh, hohoho, yeah it's definitely the FF3 Testing.

already reported this to virtualltek
#38  April 05, 2012, 03:53:37 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
#39  April 05, 2012, 04:02:28 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Good job, Froz. :)

Anyway, nothing else I can report right now.
#40  April 05, 2012, 10:58:27 am
  • xxxxx

Encountered a simular thing myself in AI matches, vs first POTS's Ryu then Akuma. She was going along just dandy and then she jumped off the screen... "And was never seen again..."  :P Looks like a great release, can't wait to really sit down and play around with it.

Nice release of Chun Li and Shadow Lady (really wished she have the missiles).
I think I experienced a similar situation whereby I pitted 2 Shadow Ladies against each other. The one at the corner jumps and disappeared off screen.