YesNoOk

Street Fighter X Tekken (Read 822775 times)

Started by c001357, April 14, 2011, 04:11:06 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
#9901  February 15, 2017, 07:05:40 pm
  • SNK is life
I gotta admit, I believed in that game. I wanted it to be my gateway drug into real Tekken.

Presentation was slick, stages were good, music was OK. I played the shit out of it... until the actual game revealed itself with its weird 100% combos, and its nonsense sub-systems. When it had the spotlight in EVO, that's when it fell apart :S

That, and the weird sound glitch that was never fixed, is what killed this game for me. It showed Capcom didn't really care about this game being relevant for posterity.
#9902  February 15, 2017, 07:12:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For me the biggest issue in the game was the whole 1 char dies and the whole team loses. I understand what they were going for. But me and my friends hated it.
#9903  February 15, 2017, 07:29:12 pm
  • SNK is life
Exactly, that's no fun. If they'd at least left in an option to disable it :S

#9904  February 15, 2017, 07:42:25 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
You could play with only one character if your partner died its called pandora mode even though it was shit.  :smartass:
Reading the comments on the page, most complained about the gem system. Seems like they didn't know or forgot that there was a way to disable them, people just chose to use them. I use to play it all the time with out them.
#9905  February 15, 2017, 07:44:13 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
What is so bad about Pandora exactly? Is it too weak?
#9906  February 15, 2017, 07:48:11 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
You had a short limited amount of time before you loss and yeah the damage was too weak. It was pointless to use.
You could sit in one spot and block everything until timer ran out or run from the opponent.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:10:11 pm by Insigniawarfare
#9907  February 15, 2017, 08:26:09 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I had huge hopes for this game as well. Now I regard it as another Fighting Jam, if they were to fix all the problems the game had, I'd play it on a new console...but there's too much broken trust with this game.
#9908  February 15, 2017, 10:23:57 pm
but there's too much broken trust with this game.
That's the point of this petition, apparently he's saying that a lot of the broken stuff was fixed but by then everybody had lost interest, and he's saying a new re-release could help us start over. I don't know what the community hated that was or was not fixed later on, but that's what that petition is about, apparently.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9909  February 15, 2017, 10:33:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As long as it has kill 1 and both lose I won't like it :P

They never changed that aspect
#9910  February 15, 2017, 10:39:28 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#9911  February 15, 2017, 11:03:34 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Thats pretty much how tekken tag worked. And I guess this was there inspiration for the tag system. Personnaly I always liked SFxTK. The 2v2 mode was pretty fun to play and watch. Still remember the Combo/Mike vs Infiltration/Laugh match at Evo
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#9912  February 15, 2017, 11:15:54 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I know they were trying to mix both aspects of games but I didn't think having that kind of system work for it. I actually wanted TXSF to have the TT system.
#9913  February 16, 2017, 12:11:53 am
  • SNK is life
^^ This this this

It's almost the same of what happened in most crossovers IMO. It also happened with CVS and CVS2, we came from the most extensive KOF games like '98, and they dumbed down the SNK characters' moveset to give GUILE a fighting chance. And then the same happened with SVC Chaos where they just HAD to remove Run, and add 2 button Throws like in SF3... and to make sure you couldn't abuse them, it'd cost METER wtf lmao.

It's almost as if they chose features that didn't work on purpose.
#9914  February 16, 2017, 01:18:06 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Good lord, Capcom had good intentions, but it blew up in their face big time. I hope they would let TekkenxStreet Fighter happen, running with the Tekken 7 engine.
#9915  February 16, 2017, 01:39:45 am
I'd like to see this game revived. I've never played Tekken so enjoyed having a fresh new cast of characters to experiment with.
About the team losing after one character is KO'ed, I prefer it that way purely because the matches could go on for AGES far too often with the characters constantly switching and regenerating health. If they got any longer I feel I'd have to eliminate traditional best of 3 game matches between my friends in favor of playing only one game with 5 rounds or Best of 3 games with only one round.
#9916  February 16, 2017, 01:45:10 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'd have preferred just one on one matches anyway. But if you're going to force tag making the 1st character lose the match is terrible! Ideally in most cases they shouldn't mix the games. CvS2 did best with grooves but that still maintained one system per groove and mostly not a mix.
#9917  February 16, 2017, 01:45:57 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
I thought the game got a massive update or revived or something when I saw this in the new posts section. Why did this randomly pop up again? The game wasnt as bad as people made it out to be(gems were dumb, on disc dlc was stupid, and I would have preferred something closer to the older mvc games where the fight continued on till both characters were down), but I havent heard anything new about it aside from the issues with the pc version that required an outside patch.

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#9918  February 16, 2017, 02:16:56 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Blame Uche
#9919  February 16, 2017, 02:51:19 am
You had a short limited amount of time before you loss and yeah the damage was too weak. It was pointless to use.
You could sit in one spot and block everything until timer ran out or run from the opponent.

lol i never used pandora. what about charge moves turn into a super i think it was unnecessary.
#9920  February 16, 2017, 03:06:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I actually thought that was kinda neat :P