YesNoOk

I Can't Do It Myself, It's Too Hard (Read 30888 times)

Started by Ban Me I dont care, July 25, 2011, 06:41:14 pm
Share this topic:
I Can't Do It Myself, It's Too Hard
#1  July 25, 2011, 06:41:14 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Do it yourself.

No. People don’t have the skill to do it themselves, and learning is fucking harder than doing it. The main reason people request in the first place is because they want a character who was made by an author whose skills are better than theirs. If they were skilled enough to make a good enough character, they would make it themselves if they coulden’t find one that’s already there. Also, if this is a board where people ask for characters to be linked to them, this should be called the “Looking For” board.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:45:34 pm by Ban Me I dont care
Re: I Can't Do It Myself, It's Too Hard
#2  July 25, 2011, 06:52:43 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
* aLuCaRd_X slaps Ban Me I dont care around a bit with a large trout
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#3  July 25, 2011, 06:54:41 pm
    • Thailand
First off, if we ban you, your other account will be banned too. I'm sure that's not what you had in mind. ;)

Either: learn how to code, wait 100 years for someone without an incentive to make a character for you, or deal with that fact that you're not getting the character you want.
#4  July 25, 2011, 07:03:49 pm
First off, if we ban you, your other account will be banned too. I'm sure that's not what you had in mind. ;)

Either: learn how to code, wait 100 years for someone without an incentive to make a character for you, or deal with that fact that you're not getting the character you want.

I don't have another account. This is the first account on my email address that I registered with on this forum.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

- Peter

GOH

#5  July 25, 2011, 07:08:36 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
No. People don’t have the skill to do it themselves, and learning is fucking harder than doing it.
So we'll just be fucking leechers and annoy people until they give in right?
The main reason people request in the first place is because they want a character who was made by an author whose skills are better than theirs. If they were skilled enough to make a good enough character, they would make it themselves if they coulden’t find one that’s already there. Also, if this is a board where people ask for characters to be linked to them, this should be called the “Looking For” board.
It is called the Request section, because it's where you request things. Wether it's requesting for info of a particular creation or a request for a link. The name you suggested is dumb.
#6  July 25, 2011, 07:09:22 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You either didn't notice or intentionally ignored the second part of his post.

Simply put there's nothing you can do.  Nobody is going to up and make an entire character for someone that comes in demanding it in the requests section.  So as Rajaa said, you can either learn yourself, wait for someone else to do it, or just stew in your own juices.
#7  July 25, 2011, 07:13:32 pm
So as Rajaa said, you can either learn yourself, wait for someone else to do it, or just stew in your own juices.

Can you read? I just said, learning is harder than doing it itself.

Also, I was not requesting a character to be made for me.  But, how else am I going to get a non-existent character aside from doing it myself? That's why I made this account.

I'm banned forever.

- Peter
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by Ban Me I dont care

GOH

#8  July 25, 2011, 07:14:58 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#9  July 25, 2011, 07:18:01 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
That may be true but you have no choice in the matter.  If you don't want to learn, nobody is going to do it for you.  And that's not Mugen, that's life in general.
#10  July 25, 2011, 07:20:31 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Just learn do create chars yourself god dammit!

It's difficult to learn, but once one gets the hang of it, it becomes simpler.

All creators had to start without any knowledge of Mugen too.

They did many trial and errors untill they got it right.

No one's gonna create chars for just cause someone asked them. (Unless they have a lot of time on their hands)

We all had to @#$%ing learn to create chars!
We actually had to sit and read all the tutorials and test out our creations.

If you don't want to learn, nobody is going to do it for you.  And that's not Mugen, that's life in general.

If you want something done, you gotta get it done yourself.
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:26:26 pm by vgmaster2.0
#11  July 25, 2011, 07:39:24 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
I don't have another account. This is the first account on my email address that I registered with on this forum.

there are other things to ban than email addresses. for example, a staff member can go to the righthand side of any post you make and see an internet provider address. then they can easily find any and all accounts tied to that ip address...and punish it if they see fit depending on whats going on. like for instance, getting a little too belligerent about someone making a char for you (which you haven't yet, but you now have their notice to look out for that sort of thing)

#12  July 25, 2011, 09:56:32 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
You all are forgetting that sheer capitalism can win this one, too. You can offer $$$ to have a char made. If sprites are original, it'll be awfully expensive, though.
#13  July 25, 2011, 10:38:18 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
No. People don’t have the skill to do it themselves, and learning is fucking harder than doing it. The main reason people request in the first place is because they want a character who was made by an author whose skills are better than theirs. If they were skilled enough to make a good enough character, they would make it themselves if they coulden’t find one that’s already there. Also, if this is a board where people ask for characters to be linked to them, this should be called the “Looking For” board.

"This is too hard, someone else should do it for me because they already learned how to do it!" That's a very arrogant attitude to have. If it doesn't exist, it's not going to exist because you want it to. "Do it yourself" is suggested because learning how to make things for Mugen isn't as hard as you think it is, and you can begin developing whatever you want instead of demanding that others do it for you or that they somehow materialize themselves out of thin air.

We know about your other account. All of us with blue names know. You wouldn't get banned for bringing this up on another account, we don't work that way here. But I understand why you wouldn't want to have the opinion that you've shared with us here associated with your main account.
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:53:05 pm by Caddie
#14  July 26, 2011, 12:33:16 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Hi PeterFoster111 .

Just so you know, I am in fact going to ban both of your accounts soon after this thread is done, because I deeply hate secondary accounts and don't think they should go unpunished.

Have a nice day.
Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:42:34 am by Onion Knight
#15  July 26, 2011, 12:36:19 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I looked all over for a rule regarding second accounts and couldn't find one. I understand banning a second account for ban evasion but is it really necessary to ban his main account in this case?
#16  July 26, 2011, 12:41:58 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yes it is. But not necessarily a permaban.

If we let people make a another account to shit on the forum, and then the only thing we do is ban the secondary account, what does that mean? it means that we're giving them a free pass to be assholes. I don't like that.
#17  July 26, 2011, 12:44:03 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
He wanted to question a policy without fear of repercussions. He didn't know it was dumb, it's not in the rules not to do, and I'm sure if we tell him not to register a secondary account he won't do it again. It's not a free pass because we're telling him not to do it again, and if he did it again he would deserve a harsher action.

What I said seems fair, right?
#18  July 26, 2011, 12:45:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Unless there are more stuff he has done before, this doesnt warrant banning, its just retarded. Cyan, ban the secondary account, later on i will fuse them. If however he has done crap like this before and you feel its a specific case, then thats different.

Caddie, even if its not in the "rules" its common sense not to make secondary accounts, specially like this, its dishonest and assholeish.
#19  July 26, 2011, 01:24:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Was gonna suggest to point out what is his main account as punishment, glad to see we still have admins who over punish.

hjk

#20  July 26, 2011, 01:34:38 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan

Hmmm... what character do you want? I will sincerely make it for you.  :)
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.