"zomg i kan kode c++ lolwtf" when even a monkey or me can code shit in c++

That statement is fail.
You have won!
#42  September 28, 2007, 06:47:42 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Even when you were a mod, you couldn't help flaming at everyone who wouldn't agree to you POV and abusing your powers, hence why you had to quit the staff.

No times 3. He didn't flame everyone with different opinions, he didn't abuse his powers and he didn't have to quit the staff.

I won't take any lesson from you.

Aw.

I've read the rules and I'm doing nothing against the rule. Please stop this now. :sugoi:

* Sepp stops this now.

BladeArt's account restricted to read-only for the next two months (60 days).
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Re: "stealing" creations
#43  September 28, 2007, 06:58:38 pm
when nobody was saying something about stealing sprites IIRC.
Actually, to be exact the issue was mentionned - by Felineki and Edward the Great for examples. But it is correct that it never was a "battlefield for the pro-righteous". Some people have stated their opinions, and I've seen little of them trying to enforce them with a hammer. What was said was opinions about people getting ripped off and other people who might prepare to be seen as a black sheep in the community (with or without explanations), but I don't think I've seen anybody here try to go "change the rules you bastards" or fully act as if the old rules were still in place.
Granted, there are a number of people who still disagree on a personnal level with the current orientation of the forum, but most of them are aware that it still is how the new rules of are here. Well, judging by the other poll, there are more people who want it back to how it was previously, but that's another topic.
Sepp stops this
I just tried to say that out loud quickly 10 times in a row :(
No times 3. He didn't flame everyone with different opinions, he didn't abuse his powers and he didn't have to quit the staff.
Thank you. Sincerely.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:04:47 pm by Baiken
#44  September 29, 2007, 01:02:32 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
And, just to be clear, I was referring to theoretical sprites that would be 100% done by me, not stuff that was ripped from a pre-existing game, or stuff that was ripped from a pre-existing game and then edited.
#45  September 29, 2007, 01:29:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
And, just to be clear, I was referring to theoretical sprites that would be 100% done by me, not stuff that was ripped from a pre-existing game, or stuff that was ripped from a pre-existing game and then edited.

completely unrelated but i want the old topic at ahnd to die and talk about something slightly different, if you are a decent sprite editor, there is no difference between both bolded situations.
#46  October 24, 2007, 09:04:53 pm
  • Weed......must have more weed.
    • dizzychaos.deviantart.com/
You know....I just have a serious thought about the code stealing and stuff like that. I only know how to work on the preintro code and that pretty much it. But isn't the code actually belong to Mugen. I mean we can work and study the code all we want to see how it will work out, but it seem to me that it actually all belong to Elecbyte, and since we ain't respecting those guys wishes....well don't you guys think it pretty pointless about arguing about who steal codes from who. Since they are the guys who supply us with the code to work on, and we have to learn how to use it. So in other word, every single code we try to claim actually belong to those Elecbyte guys.

If anybody think otherwise, please enlighten me.
Weeeeeeeeed!!! GIMME MAH GODDAMN WEED!!!
#47  October 24, 2007, 09:45:11 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
This has come up time and time again.

Fact is if you release it. The public has it. They do what they want with it. If they get flame so what. They goto places where they don't get flamed.

Also the topic has been answered a long time ago.
#48  October 24, 2007, 10:28:20 pm
my opinion is that get trustworthy beta testers for the characters like the mods
and perhaps only release the full version of ur characters jus my opinion
sig by jvalent2
#49  October 25, 2007, 01:12:20 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
#50  October 25, 2007, 01:40:29 am
ITT, people post what they thought about when shaving a beard they're too young to have and never bothered to check if there weren't other people who already thought of it 8 years ago.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#51  October 25, 2007, 01:48:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
How did I miss this topic?! Anyway, since this is an old revival, I found this bit funny:

ummmmm let me put it this way this forums rules arent the rules of the community, so just shove it when you say that its allowed, how in hell does it suddenly become ok to steal just because rules change doesnt mean morals will change, you keep saying that the rules allow it well just because i can legally bang my girlfriend doesnt mean i wont dissrespect her religious wishes,
ie rules of one thing change doesnt mean that its still ok to do it if its not moral to people

Hahaha, good ol' Laxxe, what would the world be like without you and your Lorax-like ways?
#52  October 25, 2007, 10:50:19 am
But isn't the code actually belong to Mugen.

Um, no. Please learn a few things about how programming works and come back later, thanks.

Really? I might just do that.  ;D
But then again, thanks to your name. I just have yet another thought. That Kung Fu Man that everybody was suppose to be using as a base. Well isn't that character usually belong to ElecByte, and since ElecByte saying stop using Mugen a long ass time ago, and we using Kung Fu Man as a base for coding and spriting, without respecting those guys wishes. Well it getting more obvious that arguing about code stealing is pretty pointless. I know Kung Fu Man is free source to everybody since ElecByte said so, but once ElecByte say stop using Mugen. It would also mean that Kung Fu Man is off limit too. Anyway, I don't actually support code stealing, I just don't give a damn about it.

Well that my thought anyway, if anybody think otherwise, please enlighten me.
#53  October 25, 2007, 11:55:44 am
f anybody think otherwise, please enlighten me.
ITT, people post what they thought about when shaving a beard they're too young to have and never bothered to check if there weren't other people who already thought of it 8 years ago.
Don't say that when you don't actually care about how people could enlighten you.
#54  October 25, 2007, 02:44:02 pm
that analogy was pretty bad
#55  October 25, 2007, 03:31:50 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
using open source != stealing from closed source
                  (not equal to)
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#56  October 25, 2007, 04:32:48 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
but once ElecByte say stop using Mugen. It would also mean that Kung Fu Man is off limit too.

Um, no. There's actually no terms of agreement on that at all, in fact "stop using mugen" extends to only the EXE. (Thus, a compatible clone would be fine running everything mugen can without incident).
#57  October 25, 2007, 05:35:07 pm
that analogy was pretty bad

Probably, but you gotta question these kinda stuff.  ;D

If the Elecbyte said to stop using Mugen, we should respect their wishes, yet we refuse to. Now the other creator who create character and such ask for the same respect as the Elecbyte people who make the program for Mugen. Kinda ironic when some creator said " You stole my code." While this creator refuse to stop using the program call Mugen from Elecbyte. I guess this is why the Higher up people in this forum thought that making thing open source would be a good idea. It either that or they just can't stand to deal with every creator problem.  ;D
#58  October 25, 2007, 06:11:51 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Hey don't make excuses for us.

The higher good or simple laziness had nothing do with it. We just wanted to get reveeeenge and see what would happen if we turned things upside down.

Join RandomSelect, where the world is still whole, Creators get the respect they rightfully deserve, and logic reigns supreme. Especially recommended to fight sad feelings in your pants.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#59  October 25, 2007, 08:33:48 pm
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
But isn't the code actually belong to Mugen.

Um, no. Please learn a few things about how programming works and come back later, thanks.

Really? I might just do that.  ;D

No need; I already did. ;D For someone who knows "how programming works," Mugen code is so simple and has so little variation that it's preposterous to call code reuse thievery. Writing Mugen code amounts to placing pre-defined state controllers in sequential order and setting their pre-defined parameters. The fact that someone would reuse your code justifies your typing it up.

Oh, I forgot to mention: you are pretty much right barring semantics. Mugen code serves no purpose whatsoever besides to be interpreted by Mugen. There is no extensibility, and no "creation" is marketable. It is always the case that any Mugen code does have an author or authors, but it's important to keep in mind just what these authors have done. They have made a glorified configuration file. If their purpose for doing so was to receive recognition and be the proud owner of dubiously alleged intellectual property, then they've chosen the wrong activity to satisfy that need.
Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:37:52 pm by DavidGee
#60  October 25, 2007, 10:00:10 pm
Uh ? If Eclipse went down and the licence died, it would never mean Java dies along. The program is an interpreter, the language is separated. The licence of the program isn't related to something as abstract as a suite of letters and numbers and symbols.