YesNoOk

My Character/stage ideas....(Suggestions welcome/encouraged) (Read 4813 times)

Started by Kamen Rider Joker, February 17, 2008, 10:01:54 pm
My Character/stage ideas....(Suggestions welcome/encouraged)
#1  February 17, 2008, 10:01:54 pm
i've been using mugen for awhile now, and i'd like to give something back to the community, so i'm going to try and make my own characters and stages, and i'd like the Guild's opinion, and any ideas you all have that could help me out.
one based of this picture:  I'm not sure who made this image, or if it's an already existing character from a game or anime, but i'll be basing the character off of that. i haven't thought of a backstory or name for him, but i'd like to do this one first, most likey use Testament as a base (the only Scythe-using fighting game character i know of) and have a sort of...Illusion-y feel to the moves, if i can. Another would be Azel (Devilhand) from Godhand, and i'm pondering who to use as a base for him. My friend suggested Remy, but i'm not sure if he'd be right for it. As for a stage...i'd like to do The top of Tartarus from Persona 3. that part had a very dramatic feel to it, and the BGM during the fight was wonderful, so i'd like to try and bring that to mugen.

OZ

Re: My Character/stage ideas....(Suggestions welcome/encouraged)
#2  February 17, 2008, 10:06:00 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
I have seen a grim reaper character, not that I know where you'de find it.
Testament would of course provide a good sythe model, though during many of his moves his sythe kind of liquifies into blood.
ಠ_ಠ
#3  February 19, 2008, 06:54:08 pm
I Just remembered Death 13 from JJBA used a Scythe, maybe i'll try and use that for the moves somehow...any good ideas for Intros? Also, 2 More i'll plan on eventually making (Don't worry, i wont rush through making them) Gig from Soul Nomad/Soul Cradle and Dist from Tales Of The Abyss.

OZ

#4  February 19, 2008, 11:06:42 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Intros:
Well seeing as the character is cloaked, you could easily have them kind of slide up from the ground, or appear out of darkness.
Jedah also has an intro where he appears out of nowhere by slicing the air with his sythe.(You've probably seen it, so you get the image.)
ಠ_ಠ
#5  February 20, 2008, 01:14:18 am
Yeah, those sound like good ones... I've had one in my mind of a Normal-looking guy (based somewhat off of me) holding a Black orb, crushing it, and letting it flow over him, forming the cloak. (or vice versa for a winpose) and another of him, already in the cloak, making a couple of motions with his hands, leaving behind trails of energy, grabing one and making it the Handle, then swinging it along the other to from the Blade....but that one might be difficult to pull off. ...now, for a Voice, i was thinking of using my own, just so that i'm not reusing another character's Voice Clips.
Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:21:21 am by Xiraise

OZ

#6  February 20, 2008, 03:06:23 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Both sound difficult, but would look great, as well as original, if done correctly.

now, for a Voice, i was thinking of using my own, just so that i'm not reusing another character's Voice Clips.
It's always interesting to use your own voice.
Go for it.
ಠ_ಠ
#7  February 20, 2008, 09:50:54 pm
Another intro came to mind just today: have a shadow come out from under them, move away from them, and form into him. a bit...cliche (not sure really what i wanted to say there, cliche just seemed to fit) but i think it might work. Now as for my voice, I have a rather deep voice, i'm told. i'm pondering if that would work well with the character.

OZ

#8  February 20, 2008, 10:24:08 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
More so than a high voice.
A mature sounding voice always seems to work well.
ಠ_ಠ
#9  February 20, 2008, 10:41:49 pm
Hmm..for the name, I'll just use Xiraise. i've been using that name for awhile now, and it's about time that name actually was used for something. Now, what sort of things should be said?  also, any comments about the other ones?

OZ

#10  February 20, 2008, 10:46:14 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
What style do you plan making it.
What type of gameplay(do you plan to base it on anyone.)
Any ideas for specials or hypers.
Base model, poses, etc.

Those things should be discussed.
ಠ_ಠ
#11  February 20, 2008, 11:21:57 pm
A Valid point. i'm Thinking i'll do my best to have a GG style for all of my characters, but if it seems appropriate, i'll use something else. for now, though, GG all the way. as For bases: Gig came from an NIS game, so his sprites will be most of what i need. As i said for Azel, it's been suggested i use Remy from SF3 as a base, but i'm not certain that'd be best. Dist...i'm not too sure how he'll be, i might not do him. not really sure.  Specials: Gig had few (impressive looking) sprites in soul nomad, so those will get used, along with world eater strikers, if i can pull it off. Azel will mainly be using techniques from Godhand, I.E the Head Slicer, Shaolin Fist, La Bomba, and so forth. (if any explination is needed on those attacks, it can be given) haven't thought up any winposes for anyone else yet, i'm mainly gonna focus on Xiraise, first and foremost.
Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:50:56 am by Xiraise
#12  March 11, 2008, 12:57:34 am
#13  March 25, 2008, 07:26:29 am
  • "Wether I am or not, they will know suffering"
check out the paragorn class from Guild Wars: Nightfall, they got some moves that may be useful, they seemed like it can be done without overwhelming stuff. If you want me to take screenshots just lemme know, ill be glad to be  of help   ;)
#14  March 25, 2008, 04:39:19 pm
  • When will The Dutch Guy start?
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum
I think you mean the dervish, the paragon uses a spear for a weapon.
#15  March 26, 2008, 01:18:26 am
  • "Wether I am or not, they will know suffering"
oh shit, my bad  :P
#16  March 27, 2008, 03:52:47 pm
  • When will The Dutch Guy start?
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum
Meh, mistakes can happen. :P
#17  April 17, 2008, 12:16:16 am
check out the paragorn class from Guild Wars: Nightfall, they got some moves that may be useful, they seemed like it can be done without overwhelming stuff. If you want me to take screenshots just lemme know, ill be glad to be  of help   ;)
Sure, some screen shots would be most appreciated.
#18  April 18, 2008, 10:01:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Symbols and shyte

Pictures

Take your pick. There are many.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.