YesNoOk

NEW MARVEL & DC SUPER HEROES GAME - "The Trilogy" (Read 20676 times)

Started by ArellonX, May 21, 2009, 03:07:50 am
NEW MARVEL & DC SUPER HEROES GAME - "The Trilogy"
#1  May 21, 2009, 03:07:50 am
Free at LAST!!! Free at LAST!!!

The past is the past, I've been released from jail and hopefully won't get assassinated any time soon. Let me begin by telling you my story and hardship. When I was young a little creator once told me at a baseball game that he couldn't play with me because I was a warehousER. Later after my years of preaching in the local forums I was finally arrested for sitting in front of a forum where I wasn't supposed to post. Members were outraged at my unlawful and excessive banning and my my own personal opinions. Other forums boycotted and demanded I be released. Upon my release at a growingly unpopular forum I and many others like me marched up to the forum's projects topic and there my historical speech began. At which point I will probably get hosed down and attacked by critic hounds.

"I have a dream - that someday little elitist children and little warehousers children will hold hands and not judge each other on the bases of their release but on the bases of their characters"

"I have a dream - that creators and editors will come to realize they are the same and equal to each other"

"I have a dream - that bannings on forums will be done with reason and not out of hate over one's creed or color of ones history"

"I have a dream - that one day people will realize mugen is leaked, just about everything is unlawful about mugen and that electbyte never came back and in fact gave up cold turkey on an unfinished abandon-ware program.

Okay enough of that, now down to the progress while I was in jail  ;D

New Batman

Presenting new Joker WIP

Finally a real title

QUICK RECAP

for those of you who still have their doubts about this game being a real game

I am waiting for my coder to put it together

So yeah this thing will just be the base coding for a basic character of which you can edit, add, and modify to your liking, it is designed for my game I'm working on and anyone is welcome to work on it. The template will ensure balanced fighters, same themed sparks and everything else.

My new lifebars I'm working on.

Options menus (scrolls across)

Select screen and temporary roster (very animated)

Again I'm always looking for help, new coders, great creators, just about anyone who wants to forget about the rules and just make the best possible game ever.

Join up now to lend a hand and contribute to a real game with extensive plans too crazy to pursue  :twisted:

mugenmarauder.muux.org

Including my favorite & new good stages only

Mr.Sinister

Final Level

Ultron

Thor

Silver Surfer

Ironman

AND

Including my new character wips & team mates wips

The Incredible Hulk

The Red Skull

Carnage Remix

Mr.Fantastic Remix

The Lizard

Batgirl Remix by John, Jason Todd, and Arellon

Abraxas

Green Lantern Kilowog Open Source Remix by ShadyScorpio

The official final roster for story game list

Now the official roster since today!
(the sub bosses/battles/boss will not be selectable or visible)

So it's about 40 even now for selectable heros vs villains; this is probably as small as it's gonna get and this will be the final outcome of the game but the project will never end without a doubt since the "Left out & SAVED LIST" will bring about many wips to work on afterwords for the general collection version Dethmetl will design ;)

BTW the issues some people had with some character's match ups have been mostly solved now since they've been booted off the story. :lol:

MAIN MATCH UPS DC/MARVEL

1.Captain America................Red Skull
2.Superman.......................Lex Luthor
3.Batman.........................Joker
4.Spiderman......................Venom
5.Ironman........................Ultron
6.Hulk...........................Abomination
5.Green Lantern..................Manhunter
4.Flash..........................Mirror Master
3.Wonder Woman...................Ares
2.Thor...........................Mephesto
1.Silver Surfer..................Thanos

X-MEN VS BROTHERHOOD MATCH UPS

1.Wolverine......................Magneto
2.Cyclops........................Mr.Sinister
3.Archangel......................Apocalypse
2.Nightcrawler...................Mystique
1.Gambit.........................The Blob

FANTASTIC FOUR MATCH UPS & Others

1.Mr.Fantastic...................Dr.Doom
2.Invisable Woman................kang
3.Human Torch....................Super Skrull
4.The Thing......................Absorbing Man

SUB-BATTLES

1.DARKSEID
2.Carnage
3.Brainiac
4.Green Goblin

SUB-BOSS

Galactus

FINAL BATTLE

{Abraxas}

Re: NEW MARVEL & DC SUPER HEROES GAME - "The Trilogy"
#2  May 21, 2009, 03:10:11 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
..... so it's a compilation with other people's work.
#3  May 21, 2009, 03:13:31 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
WOW..
anyways
-where is two face :'(
-joker looks cool ;D
-That hulk icon is screwed up --;
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#4  May 21, 2009, 03:14:54 am
..... so it's a compilation with other people's work.

That's right, but it doesn't mean it can't have my work either, lots of people use other people's work, the only difference is they are aware of it where as with me, none of them are  ;D

But alas, their readmes will remain intact and will be rebuilt on my template to fit my game, balanced by my coder and fixed to work perfectly. Furthermore I won't take credit either, just doing a game for hardcore fans that want a more well balanced and finer defined game without B level characters.
#5  May 21, 2009, 03:16:10 am
oh ok
#6  May 21, 2009, 03:17:23 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/

A wild troll appears!
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#7  May 21, 2009, 03:20:27 am
WOW..
anyways
-where is two face :'(
-joker looks cool ;D
-That hulk icon is screwed up --;

Two-Face is in Dethmetl's compilation for those of you who will want an unbalanced version of my game with an exceeding level of extra characters like IMT's EOH's game, it's really just for a collection rather than a game.

The hulk Icon is screwed up because he is not yet finished and not yet converted. So far he's a collection of sprites in a folder. The character template that will balance and complete the rest of my conversions is under construction at the moment by my coder. Remeber this is very much a wip, I say things are just starting to take off  and very well I might add, I have a strong cast of spriters and some f us are quite capable of coding and on top of that, I do have a  legit coder and a good friend who's not ready for a project but can also code legitimately.

Yes look forward to it all, it's a major and serious project like none other before.  
#8  May 21, 2009, 03:21:46 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
-red skull looks ok.. ???
-hulks face looks like :-\ shit
-Carnage looks like shit  :-\ but he already was
-Mr.fantastic is by acey
-Batgirl :-\
-Lizard's stance needs work  ;)
-Kilowogs legs are crap  :-X
-Abraxas LOOKS AWESOME :sugoi: :sugoi:
#9  May 21, 2009, 03:22:05 am
#10  May 21, 2009, 03:24:15 am
Lmao aww how cute.
#11  May 21, 2009, 03:24:34 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:31:22 am by randomish
#12  May 21, 2009, 03:34:37 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
you suprised me by the very inclusion of Abraxas.

and the title is comic book worthy.

(even tough... to be accurate... it should be 2 worlds 1 sun, due to Counter- earth and New Krypton )

about the rest... everything was said on the previous topic.
#13  May 21, 2009, 03:36:46 am
-red skull looks ok.. ???
-hulks face looks like :-\ shit
-Carnage looks like shit  :-\ but he already was
-Mr.fantastic is by acey
-Batgirl :-\
-Lizard's stance needs work  ;)
-Kilowogs legs are crap  :-X
-Abraxas LOOKS AWESOME :sugoi: :sugoi:

I can't see what looks bad about Hulk's face, I created it directly based off of his Animated Series look and I gotta tell yeah it's an improvement over Capcom's and Buyog's for sure but you are entitled to your own opinion so I respect that.

I've received some bad feedback on Carnage, he will probably get redone, most people hate Seth Zankuten's Carnage but hey i don't see any others to compare to so I like his. But anyway I'll get around to remaking him if he doesn't somewhere in the future.

Mr.Fantastic is by Zvitor, a creator's work i really like but that character as a forum wip had a minor flaw, his face was grotesque so I am just changing that, other than that though I and everyone else is satisfied with it so far.

Actually I ahve to disagree on the boss you liked so much :P
He needs some more work, I am thinking of editing Elena's dress on him, at least it might look better but hey if you like him he's still gonna be there, just tweaked a little more ;)

Kilowog is a wip like a lot of our creations, the stance isn't final but for sure but we're gonna revise him at some point and that'll probably get changed, so no worries, these are the early stages of our work.  8)

Red Skull is a fine character, maybe my best so far but is far from perfect. Batgirl is an extra along with Lizard and Kilowog, notice they aren't in the roster. We tend to still make characters not designed for the game but just for playing's sake and to create them.

What's also planned is a new spiderman, which is AWESOME by my man, Jason Todd. A new GL Hal by new spriter John and hopefully a Blob character by ShadyScorpio.
#14  May 21, 2009, 03:41:39 am
you suprised me by the very inclusion of Abraxas.

and the title is comic book worthy.

(even tough... to be accurate... it should be 2 worlds 1 sun, due to Counter- earth and New Krypton )

about the rest... everything was said on the previous topic.

Thank you, a member on another forum gave me the title, and I appreciate his contribution. I wasn't going for the bosses story as Capcom didn't do that for their game MSH including Thanos, it was loosely based like their other games including Onslaught. I have my own story and will include my own custom cut scenes between battles for every character face off  :o That's right, it's a full story game!!!  :D It's gonna be the best  :sugoi:
#15  May 21, 2009, 03:50:06 am
    • Brazil
oh... so you know nothing at all about the story behind MSH, XVSSF/MVSSF and MVC?

and you probably don't even know who abraxas is.

yeah... sorry to hear about that.
#16  May 21, 2009, 03:51:38 am

A wild troll appears!

Go master Ball!!!

anyways i think the format of the screenpack should be this
so it looks like villains vs heroes
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3609/69985200.png

Good eye, and to clarify, the two companies in title set up are just to establish an unimportant crossover, it's really just to have both worlds included in a story that deserves the best of both worlds. The story is fun and unique if it wasn't told yet.

In my story it starts off as Darkseid finally acquiring the Anti-Equation after killing High Father, Orion beat up overloads the boom tube and transports Darkseid and himself on Earth and land in various arenas to where they both go there separate ways to retrieve the anti-equation and recruit their allies and encounter enemy's-hence the roster battles(clever right?) At the same time opening a dimensional rift on earth to many worlds and universes (crossover)

Near the end there will be a cut scene where Jimmy Olsen finds the equation and becomes trapped in it. Superman and one of his small time foes (unsure who?) runs off with it while working along side Darkseid (Still unsure about this part but I wanna include a little more drama, I may rewrite this). To use it freely Darkeid attempts to release it by blasting it with his Omega Blast and causes a chaotic shift in the world where a final battle in good vs evil takes place as every available hero recruited races to the equation while battling each other for supremacy. This is that stage (EPIC END)

Supposed to be like Mortal Kombat's Armageedon in a way.

In the end the final boss reveals himself to have acquired the equation and is unknown (Abraxas) He will be fought for the anti-equation and whomever gets it will change the fate of all worlds.

Different endings for different characters.

*Bruce Banner removes Hulk
*Spiderman brings back Uncle Ben
*Superman returns to Krypton
*Darkseid Rules the Universe
*Thanos Finds Death
*Joker puts a permanent smile on the world.
*Ironman heals himself
*Captain America returns to time to retire.
*Batman resurrects family
*Silver Surfer finds Zenn La
*Green Lantern destroys equation for goodness sake
*Apocalypse becomes GOD
*etc

Clever right? It's the game of games, the final showdown, the game that should have been made by every forum out there but wasn't.  --;
#17  May 21, 2009, 03:54:24 am
oh... so you know nothing at all about the story behind MSH, XVSSF/MVSSF and MVC?

and you probably don't even know who abraxas is.

yeah... sorry to hear about that.

Come now give me a chance here, I've never done a game, show me a little support for goodness sake  :D

Read my previous post and you'll see and also I do know who Abraxas is, a wiki you know LOL  :sugoi:
#18  May 21, 2009, 04:12:05 am
    • Brazil
Hello, Countdown to final crisis.

(Darkside finding the Anti-life Equation. James Olsen becoming all powerfull).

In my story it starts off as Darkseid finally acquiring the Anti-Equation after killing High Father, Orion beat up overloads the boom tube and transports Darkseid and himself on Earth and land in various arenas to where they both go there separate ways to retrieve the anti-equation and recruit their allies and encounter enemy's-hence the roster battles(clever right?)

The High Father is already dead, and has become one with the source.
Darkseid is already the emperor of an entire planet of demon soldiers. and Orion is member of a entire race of warrior gods. why would they search for allies on earth?

At the same time opening a dimensional rift on earth to many worlds and universes (crossover)

SAY HELLO TO THE CLASSIC CROSSOVER TAG LINE!

Near the end there will be a cut scene where Jimmy Olsen finds the equation and becomes trapped in it. Superman and one of his small time foes (unsure who?) runs off with it while working along side Darkseid (Still unsure about this part but I wanna include a little more drama, I may rewrite this). To use it freely Darkeid attempts to release it by blasting it with his Omega Blast and causes a chaotic shift in the world where a final battle in good vs evil takes place as every available hero recruited races to the equation while battling each other for supremacy. This is that stage (EPIC END)

the equation actually is the only thing in the universe that can beat the Omega blasts. no way darkseid would be able to "release" it by using them.

and heroes battling for supremacy? you haven't even whatched the movies, have you?

In the end the final boss reveals himself to have acquired the equation and is unknown (Abraxas) He will be fought for the anti-equation and whomever gets it will change the fate of all worlds.

Are you sure you even read 2 lines about Abraxas?  he does not need the equation. if anything HE IS THE EQUATION ON MARVEL UNIVERSE!

*Thanos Finds Death
*Ironman heals himself
*Apocalypse becomes GOD
*etc
should i really list what is wrong with each of these endings?

Clever right? It's the game of games, the final showdown, the game that should have been made by every forum out there but wasn't.  --;
:noo:

#19  May 21, 2009, 04:16:14 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
#20  May 21, 2009, 04:20:49 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Spiderman should also bring back Richard and Mary parker(his parents), Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn, and Aunt May.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#21  May 21, 2009, 04:35:30 am
    • Brazil
WHAT? AUNT MAY DIED AGAIN?1

goddammit Mephisto! leave the old lady alone, will ya.

@ ArellonX: OH! something i forgot...

WHERE THE HELL DOES THE 2 SUNS FIT ON YOUR STORY?
Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:43:26 am by Tony 3rd
#22  May 21, 2009, 04:43:55 am
I hate how people lately have been planning these so-called "full games" with their own stories, characters, etc. when they're just compilations of a bunch of other people's works. And not to mention the fact that these projects never get anywhere.
Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:47:23 am by Lord Vader
#23  May 21, 2009, 04:45:12 am
    • Brazil
the hate thread is in all that is left, dude.
#24  May 21, 2009, 04:56:17 am
Hello, Countdown to final crisis.

(Darkside finding the Anti-life Equation. James Olsen becoming all powerfull).

In my story it starts off as Darkseid finally acquiring the Anti-Equation after killing High Father, Orion beat up overloads the boom tube and transports Darkseid and himself on Earth and land in various arenas to where they both go there separate ways to retrieve the anti-equation and recruit their allies and encounter enemy's-hence the roster battles(clever right?)

The High Father is already dead, and has become one with the source.
Darkseid is already the emperor of an entire planet of demon soldiers. and Orion is member of a entire race of warrior gods. why would they search for allies on earth?

At the same time opening a dimensional rift on earth to many worlds and universes (crossover)

SAY HELLO TO THE CLASSIC CROSSOVER TAG LINE!

the equation actually is the only thing in the universe that can beat the Omega blasts. no way darkseid would be able to "release" it by using them.

and heroes battling for supremacy? you haven't even whatched the movies, have you?

Are you sure you even read 2 lines about Abraxas?  he does not need the equation. if anything HE IS THE EQUATION ON MARVEL UNIVERSE!

*Thanos Finds Death
*Ironman heals himself
*Apocalypse becomes GOD
*etc
should i really list what is wrong with each of these endings?

:noo:

Not that you would really care but

Jimmy Olsen is not all powerful, he's trapped inside! Making the anti-equation hard to find and aquire since a teenager or young adult is lost inside floating around aimlessly for help while confused. Use your imagination.

The equation at the end of the story is disrupted by darkseid's Omega blast in order to seperate Jimmy from it's power but instead causes some kind of rift as most things of that power create once disturbed. Think Metroid story. It's sort of a good reason to create a stage of utter chaos as the final arena for battle. It's not that Darkseid tried to destroy the equation, he just wants to have it. See  ;)

Also I said I wasn't completely basing it on any movie or comic, I'm mixing my own stories together, for example, the story in which spiderman becomes a symbiote is okay in the comics as it's a weapon he used during the secret wars but the story version in the TAS is a lot better considering it makes for better fun to know it came from a space shuttle. Also the third movie's reason was lame in that it just came from outter space and happen to latch itself onto Peter not knowing he was spiderman. See, and besides there's all that alternate universe crap so why can't I tell my perfect version? The movie had the best origin story of spiderman but some instances I would prefer the comic version for later stories and some movies and TAS episodes for other stories. There's no reason why I can't have it my way, you dig?

Plus it's better and more interesting if it was told my way and less corny ;)

About the Abraxas thing, you got me there but consider this, maybe he needs it for another reason?

Perhaps when he was destroyed by the nullifier (wiki again :P) he is instead trapped in some vortex/dimension he can't escape and creates something of a phantasm of himself in order to save his actual body trapped within his dimensional trap which is able to move about earth's physical reality? Hence the beatable Abraxas, and his search of the equation's power to free his body?

If you didn't like that then please come up with a better one and I'm actually glad you are bringing this up, I do wanna improve the story and the only way I can is by helpful critics (Lord Vader & O illusional LOL) so please assist me, give me better reasons and I can rewrite it, this could be your chance to get what you want and a person like me who can actually sprite, code (a little), and generally create is available for the first time without a private forum to keep you out or tell you you're wrong ;)

Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:00:23 am by ArellonX
#25  May 21, 2009, 04:58:36 am
I hate how people lately have been planning these so-called "full games" with their own stories, characters, etc. when they're just compilations of a bunch of other people's works. And not to mention the fact that these projects never get anywhere.

Well these new groups are in fact "NEW" so you can't expect them all to have something for you the first day, unlike places like scruffy and IMT that have been around for like years and even before then were on other forums just starting themselves. I'm not fond of them either but later on who knows, they may just be the one thing you love the most ;)

Also my project has gotten really far, I've increased my team, wips, creations, and custom stuff like screen pack, lifebars, and everything else. Take another look, it's no compilation, it's a new thing and you gotta look at it again. Give it a chance, you'll see the beauty at some point. If there weren't new projects being started you'd be stuck with only scruffy and IMt work which a lot of people complain about, I'm just trying to satisfy you in that case, here's your chance, don't be afraid to suggest, I'm open minded. It's mugen after all.
Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:09:31 am by ArellonX
#26  May 21, 2009, 05:03:34 am
WHAT? AUNT MAY DIED AGAIN?1

goddammit Mephisto! leave the old lady alone, will ya.

@ ArellonX: OH! something i forgot...

WHERE THE HELL DOES THE 2 SUNS FIT ON YOUR STORY?

You said it yourself the title is comic worthy so now I can't change it but maybe I can work around it, why not?

There were actually several reasons I thought of

1.Darkseid and his two sons ( a play on words?) or the fact how his homeworld was formed is a good reason to.

2.Abraxas was all about alternate worlds and Mr.Fantastic's multiverse idea so pick from those.

3.Superman in some way, he is involved with multiple planets he calls home and they have their own suns which affect him, I don't know, just some ideas?

Maybe's I'll change it like you recommended?
#27  May 21, 2009, 05:49:34 am
Just a rough concept and edit of a random update on an alpha character.

Trying new stuff to make i unique as oppose to just a rehash with a new look  ::)

Yeah i know it ain't perfect and so and so is wrong, just sharing for the hell of it.

Enjoy  ;P
#28  May 21, 2009, 06:03:06 am
    • Brazil
Not that you would really care but

yes i do. you are dealing with comic books. on the board i moderate.

I live comic books. I breath comic books. My blood is comic book ink. my flesh is made of the infinite earths. I'm the hand of the multiverse and the power cosmic. i'm the speed force. my mind is the forge where the laws of physic are twisted and re-adapted to fit the canon.

I'm a comic book fan, and when you come to my corner of the internet, and talk comic books, YOU MIGHT DAMN WELL BE PREPARED TO TALK COMIC BOOKS!!

Jimmy Olsen is not all powerful, he's trapped inside! Making the anti-equation hard to find and aquire since a teenager or young adult is lost inside floating around aimlessly for help while confused. Use your imagination.

you use your imagination mister! Know Zatanna Zatara? Jean Grey? Deesad? this are just three  of the thousands of people with resources to find any human mind on any hidden spot of the universe. If you say James Bartholomew Olsen is trapped inside the Anti-life equation you just made a freaking homing beacon for both sides of this battle to find it. Darkseid, Deesad's boss, would have no trouble to find James Olsen.

in you small fan story, Jimmy aquires the equation in front of superman and one of Darkseid minions. so none of them would have troubles find it.

you also ignore the very nature of the Anti-life equation: it's possesses its host, much like a spirit can posses a human. if Jimmy really is host to the entire equation, the equation would make it known!

The equation at the end of the story is disrupted by darkseid's Omega blast in order to seperate Jimmy from it's power but instead causes some kind of rift as most things of that power create once disturbed. Think Metroid story. It's sort of a good reason to create a stage of utter chaos as the final arena for battle. It's not that Darkseid tried to destroy the equation, he just wants to have it. See  ;)

NO NO NO! superman punches the realities is a good reason! Counter-earth attacking earth is a good reason. the sun being eat by a cosmic sun-eater is a good reason. two cosmic brothers having at each other is a good reason!

if the Omega blasts could disrupt the Anti-life equation, there would be no need for Darkseid to look for it. the Anti-life equation is the ultimate destructive power, that not even Darkseid can dream of its limits. that is why he desires it so much.

so no. Omega blasts don't affect the Anti-life equation.

Also I said I wasn't completely basing it on any movie or comic, I'm mixing my own stories together, for example, the story in which spiderman becomes a symbiote is okay in the comics as it's a weapon he used during the secret wars but the story version in the TAS is a lot better considering it makes for better fun to know it came from a space shuttle. Also the third movie's reason was lame in that it just came from outter space and happen to latch itself onto Peter not knowing he was spiderman. See, and besides there's all that alternate universe crap so why can't I tell my perfect version? The movie had the best origin story of spiderman but some instances I would prefer the comic version for later stories and some movies and TAS episodes for other stories. There's no reason why I can't have it my way, you dig?

but all of the versions you mentioned, with the exception of the third spiderman movie, had one thing in common: they were truthfull to the nature of the character.

yours version is totally disrupting everything these characters trully represent. YOU ARE THE THIRD SPIDERMAN MOVIE! YOU ARE BATMAN FOREVER AND BATMAN AND ROBIN! you are simply taking their names in look for fame and glory. and people don't like that. not a bit.

You can tell you own stories. you can do your own alternate world. but once you mess with characters beloved by millions of people, be prepared to be criticized heavily if you do not show something that would add to them.

Plus it's better and more interesting if it was told my way and less corny ;)

no its not, since your plot is already done to the death in many medias. its just a bunch of clichês put together.
and it is as corny as the originals.

About the Abraxas thing, you got me there but consider this, maybe he needs it for another reason?

Perhaps when he was destroyed by the nullifier (wiki again :P) he is instead trapped in some vortex/dimension he can't escape and creates something of a phantasm of himself in order to save his actual body trapped within his dimensional trap which is able to move about earth's physical reality? Hence the beatable Abraxas, and his search of the equation's power to free his body?

do you even know what the nullifier does? its break the universe. it was needed Galactus AND Eternity (the very conscience of the Marvel Universe) AND the entire power of Franklyn Richards (that, by that time, could bent time and space at his will) to hold the pieces so it would not be permanent.

do your homework, first. please.

If you didn't like that then please come up with a better one and I'm actually glad you are bringing this up, I do wanna improve the story and the only way I can is by helpful critics (Lord Vader & O illusional LOL) so please assist me, give me better reasons and I can rewrite it, this could be your chance to get what you want and a person like me who can actually sprite, code (a little), and generally create is available for the first time without a private forum to keep you out or tell you you're wrong ;)

I WAS EXPECTING THAT.

right now is damn late around here, and i have to sleep. tomorrow I post something.

You said it yourself the title is comic worthy so now I can't change it but maybe I can work around it, why not?

There were actually several reasons I thought of

1.Darkseid and his two sons ( a play on words?) or the fact how his homeworld was formed is a good reason to.

2.Abraxas was all about alternate worlds and Mr.Fantastic's multiverse idea so pick from those.

3.Superman in some way, he is involved with multiple planets he calls home and they have their own suns which affect him, I don't know, just some ideas?

Maybe's I'll change it like you recommended?

the title is fine. you just have to have 2 suns somehow.

right now, the only idea the comes to my mind is this: Darkseid found the the Anti-life equation inside earth's core, and when it was found, the equation created an Anti-sun, which is affecting earth's orbit and about the destroy the planet (as well the entire solar system). (this on the DC Universe).

the problem is, the Anti-sun have the same cosmic signature as Abraxas. so when the Anti-sun was formed, it not just ressurected Abraxas, but is shyphoning the marvel universe into the DC universe. the Anti-Sun is eating the Marvel universe, while throwing its inhabitants into the DC universe.

Abraxas then regains conscience, and manipulates Darkseid (who believes Abraxas is the Anti-life Equation) in finding a suitable host among both earth heroes, since then he would have direct access not only to the Anti-life equation, but also to the Life-Equation, and would fulfill his desire to become Eternity.

Darkseid than manipulates Marvel heroes and villains into thinking DC heroes and villains are responsible for the death of their universe, and start a war among them. the last man standing will be the host for Abraxas.

(my money is on superman, BTW).

the rest tomorrow. I got classes in the morning.

Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:08:51 am by Tony 3rd
#29  May 21, 2009, 06:55:16 am

the title is fine. you just have to have 2 suns somehow.

right now, the only idea the comes to my mind is this: Darkseid found the the Anti-life equation inside earth's core, and when it was found, the equation created an Anti-sun, which is affecting earth's orbit and about the destroy the planet (as well the entire solar system). (this on the DC Universe).

the problem is, the Anti-sun have the same cosmic signature as Abraxas. so when the Anti-sun was formed, it not just ressurected Abraxas, but is shyphoning the marvel universe into the DC universe. the Anti-Sun is eating the Marvel universe, while throwing its inhabitants into the DC universe.

Abraxas then regains conscience, and manipulates Darkseid (who believes Abraxas is the Anti-life Equation) in finding a suitable host among both earth heroes, since then he would have direct access not only to the Anti-life equation, but also to the Life-Equation, and would fulfill his desire to become Eternity.

Darkseid than manipulates Marvel heroes and villains into thinking DC heroes and villains are responsible for the death of their universe, and start a war among them. the last man standing will be the host for Abraxas.

(my money is on superman, BTW).

the rest tomorrow. I got classes in the morning.

Now that's good feedback, I like it all but do you think anyone could fathom all of that while maintaining interest for a fighting game? Some stuff seems too complex? I'm glad you're a comic expert though, maybe tomorrow like you said we can find a solid story with little fuss and the right amount of marvel ;)

I'm sorry if I come off noob, but I am to comics, I only started reading these little bits and Abraxas was my result of a decent boss other than reusing a stupid symbiote onslaught. Excuse me if I tried a new approach, I'm doing my best. Those movies were bad but some parts were really good and hey a lot of people apparently liked them, so what's the real harm?

Besides its done all the time by new artist all the time, remember Ultimate series, they completely changed stuff, why do we accept it, because they are from Marvel? Then why is it hard to do my own?

Also check wiki, the anti-equation is iffy, check out that article again, there are only speculations and few books that describe it in action, it's mostly hypothesis I guess would be the proper word? In the tv series it was seen as an object, I tried that one since it was popular. I'm also aware of the New gods series book, Darkseid being Turpin and so on, doesn't mean I should skip down to those and continue it, if it's not so great, why bother? Superboy and Krypto the dog are corny as fuck and I just can't imagine them in my Superman's universe so i don't have them. Some series didn't have them and I like those the best, but that doesn't mean I'ma put them in my story just because they were created. Would you have the new joker from "The Batman" cartoon in your roster? I wouldn't, he's gay and has dreadlocks, so i'm doing the most popular mark Hamil version which everyone loves over the heath and Nicholson version or the early weird looking joker and emo joker from those later comics.

Also let me clarify the part in my story, the boom tube overloads so everyone is transferred to earth in various locations, they are all somewhere far from the equation, it is unique to have a nobody like Jimmy find it and have no idea what to do with it. Maybe his mind can't control it?  So he gets trapped in it like in an orb of energy with his image in there as he screams help while floating around, making him hard to catch from both good and bad sides? Makes for more battles in the game and more situations to fight out of.

#30  May 21, 2009, 05:32:40 pm
    • Brazil
Now that's good feedback, I like it all but do you think anyone could fathom all of that while maintaining interest for a fighting game? Some stuff seems too complex? I'm glad you're a comic expert though, maybe tomorrow like you said we can find a solid story with little fuss and the right amount of marvel ;)

Well, Son, that is where you proof you are a good Game Maker or not. You said yourself that you were planning to do intros and mid-game movies, so you can surelly use that. check MKvsDC on how can you show a good story in a fighting game.

(the game itself is... average, but the story had imense potential).

Too Complex? Welcome to comic book storylines, my friend. we deal with stuff on a daily basis that would break the brain of any Halo fan. that is what 70 years of devoloping an media does.

(not saying that Halo has a bad story. in fact, its awesome. its just that some storylines in Comic books are way above that level).

I'm sorry if I come off noob, but I am to comics, I only started reading these little bits and Abraxas was my result of a decent boss other than reusing a stupid symbiote onslaught.

you don't need to be sorry for that. in fact, with the amount of Evil cosmic beings in the marvel universe, I'm surprised how people only used Thanos so far. Marvel universe is full of "Last boss" worthy characters.

Excuse me if I tried a new approach, I'm doing my best.
there is no problem in trying a new approach. and if that is your best...

Those movies were bad but some parts were really good and hey a lot of people apparently liked them, so what's the real harm?

the problem is that: No one really liked them. even if some people were over excited about them, 3 months later they totally forgot about it, and when they watched them for a second time, they said "what? I actually enjoyed that?"

check the critics: Batman nipples are a universal joke! the only thing people remember from Spiderman 3 is Emo parker. this movies are considered a joke among fans, a joke among movie critics, and a joke for everyone. Really.

remember when you left the theater after Spiderman 3? now, compare it to when you left the theater on The Dark Knight.
see the difference?

or do you really think Mr. Freeze would use polar bear sleepers?

Besides its done all the time by new artist all the time, remember Ultimate series, they completely changed stuff, why do we accept it, because they are from Marvel? Then why is it hard to do my own?

The Ultimate is different. They created a whole new Universe, change the roles of some characters, putting them on new situations, but they never truylly changed the characters themselves. Ultimate Spiderman still behaves and thinks like Spiderman. Ultimate Iron Man still does what people expect from Iron man. you can still see the Original Hulk inside The Ultimate Hulk.

Check Ultimate Mojo: In 616 (regular marvel) he is an Alien from another dimension, with mechanical spider legs. On Ultimate, he is Human, a very fat, albino Human, from a African Island/Country. In both he is a despicable being who do anything for Ratings for his TV network, which includes enslaving and killing people live on TV.

the character is portrayed different, but is essentially the same.

You were doing the same as The Street Fighter movies did, the same as Batman and Robin did. You are taking a beloved franchise, that you know that will attract people attention, disregarding everything that people know about those characters (with the lame excuse "its a fighting game"), doing something that you could do with your own original characters, but  your are using their famous faces and names just because you know people will be interested on them. but you  can't be bothered to work with "such a low media", so you think that anything you do will be better than what anyone on comic books had done. even if its means transforming super-heroes in bloodthisty mad man fighting for absolute power (because that is what you "fighting for supremacy" sounds like).

well, if you don't care about comic books, don't work with comic book characters. create your own generic version of them and use them as you like. if you want to use the Hulk, you should give people the Hulk. not "Strong Colored Angry Man". 

Also check wiki, the anti-equation is iffy, check out that article again, there are only speculations and few books that describe it in action, it's mostly hypothesis I guess would be the proper word? In the tv series it was seen as an object, I tried that one since it was popular. I'm also aware of the New gods series book, Darkseid being Turpin and so on, doesn't mean I should skip down to those and continue it, if it's not so great, why bother?

And who is telling that you should use that? MKvsDC didn't and it is still a great story. the story I'm doing disregard, and in fact replaces, the whole final crisis, that is where Darkseid becomes Turpin.

but that does not mean you should disregard the entire story of the character.

The equation sounds Iffy? OF COURSE! it is something that no human mind can fully comprehend. Some people sees it as a object. others, as a source of energy. it will depend of that being beliefs and mind strucutre. if you have read the comics, instead of just browsing wikipedia, you would have understood that.

but there is something in common: everyone recognizes the equation as powerfull. and, for every culture in the universe, there is no more universal simbol of power than the SUN. so, A  Sun is the best way of showing what would be the equation true form.

Superboy and Krypto the dog are corny as fuck and I just can't imagine them in my Superman's universe so i don't have them. Some series didn't have them and I like those the best, but that doesn't mean I'ma put them in my story just because they were created.

Where did Anyone mentioned Superboy before on this thread? Again, i'm not saying you should put the exact character. but you should not do something that totally contradicts him either.

"Superman returns to Krypton" so... he will abandon the planet he protected for so long, his wife, his adoptive parents, and even  his friends... to return to a dead planet. after all "retuning to Krypton" can be several things:

*Superman returns version (but, hey, he did come back, didn't him? so that can't be his end)

*He time traveled to Krypton before the explosion (which means he died when the planet exploded. Time paradox).

* He recreated Krypton, using Kandor and the fortress as base (but that would not actually be Krypton, would it...)

"Return to Krypton" is not something Superman really desires. Research harder and you will find what would be the ultimate reward for the man of steel.

Would you have the new joker from "The Batman" cartoon in your roster? I wouldn't, he's gay and has dreadlocks, so i'm doing the most popular mark Hamil version which everyone loves over the heath and Nicholson version or the early weird looking joker and emo joker from those later comics.

Again, who complained about the joker? you never said anything about him, besides his ending, which fits any single maniac with self steem problems.

"put a smile on the earth"... please. if you actually knew the Joker, you would know that simply Killing people is not the reason why he does what he does.

Also let me clarify the part in my story, the boom tube overloads so everyone is transferred to earth in various locations, they are all somewhere far from the equation, it is unique to have a nobody like Jimmy find it and have no idea what to do with it. Maybe his mind can't control it?  So he gets trapped in it like in an orb of energy with his image in there as he screams help while floating around, making him hard to catch from both good and bad sides? Makes for more battles in the game and more situations to fight out of.

if his mind can't control it, the Equation would burst in such a display of power that anyone would feel. in other worlds:Jimmy olsen is on the heart of the Anti-sun. however, EVERYONE is seeing the Anti-Sun.

and Powerfull orb of energy = Sun, my friend.

#31  May 22, 2009, 12:11:34 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
Hulks face is odd when walking like his nose disapeared >:D >:D
#32  May 22, 2009, 06:16:56 am
Hulks face is odd when walking like his nose disapeared >:D >:D

The face I edited was based on the Hulk TAS series, sorry if it's not my best work but a lot of people like it and it's newer and more different from the Hulk's regular face from his games, give it a chance and you probably won't even notice it, also the TAS was well presented in the TAS.

I'll admit I'm a TAS fan, that's what I grew up with, they were my link to comics, so far Mr.Tony 3rd is putting me down for not knowing every comic ever made, I guess I'm not geek worthy  --; All I'm doing is showing my admiration towards these fun characters and I'm not changing them completely, I'm just picking what I like about one version and ignoring other parts of another version, and Ultimate's series was a change, I think I did nothing wrong here, as far as I'm concerned  maintained the essential character, at least I'm not coming up with a Black Nick Furry, don't get me wrong, I love Samuel L. Jackson and his portrayal as Nick in the Ultimates series but I know in my heart Nick is an old school white guy with an eye patch and a raspy voice that just makes Nick who he is. I've kept the essentials, they aren't completely warped, they're still the same, quit nit picking everything, just enjoy my story, it'll be nice, it'll be like a new comic. Give me a chance at least then complain after if it was a huge disappointment. The Ultimates wasn't different, it was the same, they changed little things but still changed stuff, stop escalating it, it's not that serious.

Also a story is essential for a good game but it has to be relevant and conventional, you can't have a 20 minute story cutscene to just have a 30 second battle :P 

Maybe a 2-5 minute quick story to sum up and key story elements throughout the game's experience and also this will be something new and worth having, why not try it?

Also I care about comic books, I said I liked some elements better in comic books than other media portrayals but I'm a noob and the comic is a complex thing, remember Superman Doomsday? It was actually 3 comics leading up to one, now take the movie for instance, they changed a lot and it was all that spectacular but hey it was a better tale in most parts. However I did like his Origin story in the comics best, so I wanna honor that for him someday. So what's wrong, it's the best of both worlds, you're just being closed minded. Try my version, it's relevant, it fits a tight game but won't rob it's fun and hardcore elements and will sustain an audience.

The new Batman movie was fun and everyone complains when something is new, it's normal and expected, I complain about Heath, even though he was fun, he's not my favorite, Jack was more true to the comic BTW. The orignal comic.
I still enjoyed the new movie so what does it matter, don't get all hyped up for nothing.

Also I'm sure at some point Superman wants something from Krypton, shit maybe his family at least, those were just examples btw. They were just brainstorms and a showcase of what could be done with my game. I am working more the game but I'm not damaging the character merchandise, I'm simply trying to compliment them together so it is the best game ever.

The joker ending was not to kill everyone, if you watched one episode of the BAtman Tas he says something that really spoke to me when he says "what would this dull city be without me" when all he wanted was a cheap trophy and NO money. That was just awesome, I thought to myself, joker's out for a laugh and what could be more pleasing and hilarious of his character than to misuse such great power to do something only he would get? I am proud of the idea I had for him, if anything it makes the joker a jokester  :D

As for the anti-sun, what's wrong with making it a small orb sized object, you said it yourself it can be almost anything depending where you base it off of? Also wouldn't it be more practical and sensible to have an object coveted rather than some destination in which anyone can reach at any given time without having to necessarily fight anyone for? What would be the fun in that and also where would the challenge be? The infinity gauntlet worked really well because it was an easy object, as does the cosmic cube in it's usual cube form.

Anyway the story is cliche but good anyway, hell it makes for a great story and fits an arcade fighter, it's not an excuse but you seriously expect me to make a 2 hour movie? If I did, than why bother doing a game? They are cutscenes, not comic books that span for months of issues. That's why Metal gear game (can't remember which) had some problems, not criticizing metal gear, please don't attack me, but one game they did had too many cutscenes that somewhat robbed the fun for most players. The average person's attention span would probably cause problems with your alternate story especially for a simple arcade fighter so there's nothing wrong with de-complicating it. Hell that's probably why comic books are dying because they don't keep on the same track and finish, people don't like new, the like the same thing over and over, the same situation replayed, that's why Shakespeare's plays are universal, because they are the way they are, the same, non-excessive, etc.

See my point, you're angry about nothing and you haven't even seen what I pulled out of my ass just yet, but I think a lot of people are gonna love it, so far I get a lot of compliments on many other forums. They even warned me about this one but I can take criticism but you make it out to be a lot more than what it actually is.

Anyway to wrap this up, I can only say just wait for it and see  ;)
#33  May 22, 2009, 03:27:57 pm
Arent you making Ghost Rider

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#34  May 22, 2009, 08:41:27 pm
    • Brazil
I'll admit I'm a TAS fan, that's what I grew up with, they were my link to comics, so far Mr.Tony 3rd is putting me down for not knowing every comic ever made, I guess I'm not geek worthy  --;

Never said you should have read every comic out there. However, someone who adds  characters without even knowing him, does not seem thrustworthy. this is not a school assignment, its a creative job. the standards are way higher, and you are dealing with other people who knows them.

tell me: how to you plan to have abraxas to fight? Abraxas is from Marvel Universe, which bussiness should he have in the DC one?

this are basic questions on when you are creating a fighting game and a crossover. and to come up with this stuff, you can't simply read a wikipedia entry.

All I'm doing is showing my admiration towards these fun characters and I'm not changing them completely, I'm just picking what I like about one version and ignoring other parts of another version, and Ultimate's series was a change, I think I did nothing wrong here, as far as I'm concerned  maintained the essential character,

Ain't that what every MUGEN creator does? aint that what every one should DO when using a known character?

you ain't done nothing but the basic stuff, son.

at least I'm not coming up with a Black Nick Furry, don't get me wrong, I love Samuel L. Jackson and his portrayal as Nick in the Ultimates series but I know in my heart Nick is an old school white guy with an eye patch and a raspy voice that just makes Nick who he is. I've kept the essentials, they aren't completely warped, they're still the same,

and how is Ultimate Nick Fury Warped? Are you saying Nick fury 616 better simply because he is White?

In both Universes, Nick Fury and Shield are the last word when it comes to super-heroics. they are those "who watches the watchmen". in Ultimate that status is simply more publicaly known that in the 616 Universe.

So what's the problem of having him Black? ain't that what most alternate realities are about anyway?

quit nit picking everything, just enjoy my story, it'll be nice, it'll be like a new comic. Give me a chance at least then complain after if it was a huge disappointment. The Ultimates wasn't different, it was the same, they changed little things but still changed stuff, stop escalating it, it's not that serious.

Nope. why? Because Ultimate had a good reason to change: they were doing Marvel Universe as it would be if it had started on 2000, rahter than the 1960's.

you claim yourself that you are doing "the classic versions", "keeping the essence". you are not set to do an alternate reality that has major changes. you are set to do an alternate reality that the classic versions of two universes somehow meet.

you can't use Ultimate as you example, since it sets to do something totally different that what you are doing.

and guess what? My Critics now are the same that people will do when you realease this game of yours. its the same critic people do to every movie and game based on comic books.

so no. I'm not "nitpicking". believe me, you haven't saw me nitpicking.

Also a story is essential for a good game but it has to be relevant and conventional, you can't have a 20 minute story cutscene to just have a 30 second battle :P 

Maybe a 2-5 minute quick story to sum up and key story elements throughout the game's experience and also this will be something new and worth having, why not try it?

you don't need. you got more then 50 characters in there. each one can keep a 30 second intro, showing parts of the story, and you can still show all of it. plus, it give your players a reason to play with everyone.

Also I care about comic books, I said I liked some elements better in comic books than other media portrayals but I'm a noob and the comic is a complex thing, remember Superman Doomsday? It was actually 3 comics leading up to one, now take the movie for instance, they changed a lot and it was all that spectacular but hey it was a better tale in most parts. However I did like his Origin story in the comics best, so I wanna honor that for him someday. So what's wrong, it's the best of both worlds, you're just being closed minded. Try my version, it's relevant, it fits a tight game but won't rob it's fun and hardcore elements and will sustain an audience.

Its not the best of both world. Batman TAS and Justice League TAS are the best of both worlds. you haven't showed anything that resembled neither The Animated series, or the Comic book version.

you are just using the TAS as an excuse to make headswaps and broken animations.

(really... i have action figures that move more naturally than your Hulk or your Lizard).

The new Batman movie was fun and everyone complains when something is new, it's normal and expected, I complain about Heath, even though he was fun, he's not my favorite, Jack was more true to the comic BTW. The orignal comic.
I still enjoyed the new movie so what does it matter, don't get all hyped up for nothing.

Actually, both of them portrayed accurate versions of the Joker. Nicholson is the Joker from the 70's with a bit of the 80's while Ledger is the current joker.

but true to the "Original Comic"? you mean the Golden Age version? that is a no.. the Golden Age Joker is more of a thief who kills when robbing, but a thief none the less. he just got all this "Killing everyone in front of me, regardless reason" on the 80's. (but don't worry. On DC, not even the "classic" version of the characters are actually truthfull to the golden age versions. however, this is due because DC's history is Preety much Comic book history, so the evolution of their characters display the very evolution of comic book as a media).

however, They were true to the concept DC and its fans have of the Joker. And if any of the 2 is more akin to it, it's Ledger, Not Nicholson.

Nicholson's is very good. However the accuracy factor is bigger on Ledger's than his.

Also I'm sure at some point Superman wants something from Krypton, shit maybe his family at least,
You came close. he wants a family. but a Family with Lois. that is why he would never return to Krypton. Superman's most deep desire is to have Lois by his side forever, and have kids with her. without Lois, his world is destroyed.

if he manage to get Jor-el and Lara back, its a bonus. but, his Adoptive parents are way more important to him than his biological ones, and Lois more important than anyone else.

those were just examples btw. They were just brainstorms and a showcase of what could be done with my game. I am working more the game but I'm not damaging the character merchandise, I'm simply trying to compliment them together so it is the best game ever.

No where on your original post it is said those were just brainstorms. actually, anyone who read it, would think they are the actual thing.

The joker ending was not to kill everyone, if you watched one episode of the BAtman Tas he says something that really spoke to me when he says "what would this dull city be without me" when all he wanted was a cheap trophy and NO money. That was just awesome, I thought to myself, joker's out for a laugh and what could be more pleasing and hilarious of his character than to misuse such great power to do something only he would get? I am proud of the idea I had for him, if anything it makes the joker a jokester  :D

He wants recognition. that is why the "cheap trophy and no money". It did no matter if he would get money, the very recognition he would have by winning that Comedian contest would be enough to him.

however, he did not have it. this lead him to a criminal carreer. a carreer that was early ended by Batman Himself.

All this happen before he actually becomed "The Joker".

As the joker, he only wants one thing: for Gotham to know who he is, even if he has to kill everyone in the city. more than that, he wants Batman. as Batman stopped every single one of his Plans, the Joker became obssessed with him. some would even say the Joker is in Love with Batman (non-corresponded love, BTW). batman is the center of Joker's world, my friend. without Batman, Joker has no reason to live. or to laugh.

As for the anti-sun, what's wrong with making it a small orb sized object, you said it yourself it can be almost anything depending where you base it off of? Also wouldn't it be more practical and sensible to have an object coveted rather than some destination in which anyone can reach at any given time without having to necessarily fight anyone for? What would be the fun in that and also where would the challenge be? The infinity gauntlet worked really well because it was an easy object, as does the cosmic cube in it's usual cube form.

wooo... good reply. you got me there.

I agree that both the Gauntlet and the Cube are small objects of imense power. heck, I'm a green lantern Fan, guys who are used to have the power of creating anything on his middle finger!

but tell me? on the Marvel Super Heroes game, did you "feared" the Gauntlet that much? during the entire game, the gems were nothing but booster up, and when Thanos got them, it was just "hey, nice effects".

however, when you faced Apocalipse on X-men VS Street fighter, or Onslaught on MVC... and they got gigantic... fuck! You were startled.

people fear what is bigger than themselves. for a last boss, this effect automatically labels him as "Extreme dangerous", even if he has only 3 tricks on his sleeve. which is the reason why both Onslaught and Apocalipse are more remembered than Thanos.

having it as a small orb on the hand of darkside, and then transforming into a SUN, even on a cut-scene, will have every player going

"HOLY COW! THAT GUY IS THE BOSS?"

and think of the dramatic effect when the Sun morphs into Abraxas himself, almost 3 times the size of apocalipse. I gurantee you that even the most brave fighter will think twice before hitting continue.

and i did not even mentioned Abyss... whose "orb nature" totally proves my point (even tough its natural form can be held with one hand, its battle forme is gigantic).

Anyway the story is cliche but good anyway, hell it makes for a great story and fits an arcade fighter, it's not an excuse but you seriously expect me to make a 2 hour movie?

dude... the story i posted here would not even fill the first half of a regular Justice league episode! and you think that is a 2 hour movie?

you are watching too much michael bay movies.

If I did, than why bother doing a game? They are cutscenes, not comic books that span for months of issues. That's why Metal gear game (can't remember which) had some problems, not criticizing metal gear, please don't attack me, but one game they did had too many cutscenes that somewhat robbed the fun for most players.
my previous reply

you don't need. you got more then 50 characters in there. each one can keep a 30 second intro, showing parts of the story, and you can still show all of it. plus, it give your players a reason to play with everyone.

The average person's attention span would probably cause problems with your alternate story especially for a simple arcade fighter so there's nothing wrong with de-complicating it. Hell that's probably why comic books are dying because they don't keep on the same track and finish, people don't like new, the like the same thing over and over, the same situation replayed, that's why Shakespeare's plays are universal, because they are the way they are, the same, non-excessive, etc.

and Shakespeare plays were at least, 3 hour long. your point?! they are non-excessive and univesal, sure, but they have something call
"character development" which is essential for good fiction.

why do you think the Alpha series were a hit? because it focused on character development, as well as good mechanics.

and how can you like video games and not like "the new"? this media is all about the next new thing! why do you think 2D gamings is now a niche market?

heck, comic books are dying not because they are complicated, but for various other reasons: they are becoming expensive when they shouldn't be. specially in the US, there is a speculative market who treats comics as stocks, which gives more value to different covers than good stories. there is a pressure, created by the "comic book based" Movies so every month, the stories are as good as Dark Knight. Also, there is the annoying american habit of doing "world-defining sagas" after "world-defining sagas". however, all of this are just the American Comics. the Japanese ones are making more sucess than ever! specially because their format does the exact oposite of everything Americans are doing. and due to current globalization, people have more access to the japanese comics, and are actually liking them not because they are japanese and japanese is cool, but because they are actually quality work! however, some can't grasp that Manga and comics are just 2 names for the same thing, and keep saying "Manga sucks!".

heck, check Full Metal Alchemist: its story is way more complicated than any marvel comics saga. but people enjoy it because its well writen!.

See my point, you're angry about nothing and you haven't even seen what I pulled out of my ass just yet, but I think a lot of people are gonna love it,

you realize that you just called your own work SHIT? (what did you think people meant when saying that expression?)

so far I get a lot of compliments on many other forums. They even warned me about this one but I can take criticism but you make it out to be a lot more than what it actually is.

and why do you think MFG is the only international board to be around since the days elecbyte was active? the others will come and go, but we care about the engine and the community. most of boards out there, if are not some local site (like, MGBR for Brazilians) are made by MFG Refugees. really.

this is the first site people generally come when talking about MUGEN. and that is because people here are not looking for "NICE CHAR +1" but to really have fun and create new ideas using the engine. most regualars here have being long enought to know when somethingis worth the time, and when something is not.

meaning: yes. we are harsh on the criticism. but those who accept them and use them to improve themselves,  generally are among the best creators there is.

and if you really want a bunch of empty praise, stay there. on the forums of your fans. why come to a place where people bash you, and make you tipe wall of texts to explain your decisions, when you can simply stay together with people who will accept blindly anyting that has thousands of shiny effects.

if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. simple as that.
#35  May 22, 2009, 09:10:12 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
and why do you think MFG is the only international board to be around since the days elecbyte was active? the others will come and go, but we care about the engine and the community. most of boards out there, if are not some local site (like, MGBR for Brazilians) are made by MFG Refugees. really.

this is the first site people generally come when talking about MUGEN. and that is because people here are not looking for "NICE CHAR +1" but to really have fun and create new ideas using the engine. most regualars here have being long enought to know when somethingis worth the time, and when something is not.

meaning: yes. we are harsh on the criticism. but those who accept them and use them to improve themselves,  generally are among the best creators there is.

and if you really want a bunch of empty praise, stay there. on the forums of your fans. why come to a place where people bash you, and make you tipe wall of texts to explain your decisions, when you can simply stay together with people who will accept blindly anyting that has thousands of shiny effects.

if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. simple as that.

This should be quoted in more than one place for its epic truth. :2thumbsup:
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#36  May 23, 2009, 07:16:44 am
Arent you making Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider isn't in my plans no more.

BTW shit Tony, you spent your entire afternoon typing this  :D LOL

I can take the heat but members like Vader just run there mouths, even before I posted anything new people called my game a compilation, it doesn't mean however I'm not doing work myself, and people love head swaps, at least mine look better to be honest. Also I improve on their work so what's the harm? You got one Ryu who can do this, and you got another that can do that, what's wrong with making one that has this and that? Also I'm gonna add on top of it and remove what didn't work, hence the better part. Also doing custom stuff isn't as easy as it looks, would you rather I just reuse what is all ready available? Would you prefer Capcom's Hulk, you know the one you've all ready played with before in a few other games and in mugen almost the exact same way. I'm trying to give something worth playing by doing it fresh and old at the same time. It's worth a try, plus my Hulk head is great looking - I have NO clue what's wrong with it  ???

Isn't Abraxas a being that seeks to destroy all earth realities? I don't see why he can't come after a DC one to, a being of that power can move about anywhere I think? What's wrong with Wikipedia, it's good enough, it's comicvine quality.

Anyway to settle all of these problems I'm just gonna call mine an "alternate universe" like the ultimates did and get away with it.

*Runs laughing*

;D

My head swaps and wips are nothing different than what Magus has done, he has done mostly the same, character creating is mostly the same, hell a LOT of these so called creators have done "Sheng Long" or "Goutetsu", I don't know the names but you know the ones I'm talking about. All creators are editors, the only difference is their's are done and mine are still wips, I've mention before that my Lizard and Hulk are still wips, they aren't supposed to look that great yet. They're wips.

Also I am sort of to blame, I post on so many forums I have trouble keeping track of what I explain and what i didn't, for more info though check my forum.

mugenmarauder.muux.org

Well anyway I'll let my final game speak for itself, if nobody likes it at all it would have all been for nothing I guess.

As for the superman ending then I'll leave it out if it bothers you that much, I'll just do a regular ending where he flys away towards a sunset.  ;)

#37  May 23, 2009, 07:43:47 am
    • Brazil
you have no clue of what you are doing, have you?

you are completely out of reality. To actually compare a full edited character with a head swap? and you really think your animations are better than the originals? headswapping is the lowest form of editting. such as, the graphic boards here (and on several other sites) does not even acknowledge it as a "true work".

carnage ain't even looking to the opponent. Hulk moves like a broken Action figure.

and have you even read what i posted? you are not doing some kind of homework for your school! you can't just use Wikipedia (or comicvine, for that matter) to know the character. there are lot of details that are missed if you don't read the actual comics.

and you don't even have to actually buy them: simply search for the issues on any torrent site and download them. for free!!!

It's not a matter of being a alternate universe of not. its simply a matter that you don't know what you are doing.

you don't know how to build a proper history.

you dont know anatomy.

you don't know how someone should behave during a 1-on-1 fight.

all this stuff are basic skills.

in other words

YOU CAN'T DO A PROPER FULL GAME! you can't even do a whole single character!

#38  May 23, 2009, 07:51:44 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
He was able to do stages right sometimes, excluding Abandoned Amusement Park, which cut off at the top.
#39  May 23, 2009, 08:00:41 am
    • Brazil
Anyone can do stages if you are using already made sprites.
really. I did a stage in less the 6 hours. and it took that long because i had to rip the sprites from kawaks and code a java appilcation to help me calculate the number of frames, since it exploits a "bug" in MUGEN.
#40  May 23, 2009, 01:36:35 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

Trying new stuff to make i unique as oppose to just a rehash with a new look  ::)

Yeah i know it ain't perfect and so and so is wrong, just sharing for the hell of it.

Enjoy  ;P
Thats looks good :o
#41  May 23, 2009, 01:40:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he cant even get his own avatar and has to try to see if he gets a raise out of others.
#42  May 23, 2009, 01:41:58 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
#43  May 23, 2009, 01:49:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The minute he got unbanned, after attempting to break his ban twice, he started using a "CIVIL WAR MUGEN" sig, and copied my avatar. While going on and on about being "out of jail" finally.
Hes acting as if it was 2 years ago and the elitists are "persecuting" him.
Its funny because he thinks hes smart.
#44  May 23, 2009, 02:46:04 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
The minute he got unbanned, after attempting to break his ban twice, he started using a "CIVIL WAR MUGEN" sig, and copied my avatar. While going on and on about being "out of jail" finally.
Hes acting as if it was 2 years ago and the elitists are "persecuting" him.
Its funny because he thinks hes smart.
ohhh
:omg:
#45  May 23, 2009, 04:21:41 pm

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4866/lizardcharge.gif

Enjoy  ;P
Thats looks good :o

Thanks

A very good friend of mine with a lot of talent updated my charging animation so it's a little more clean and proper.

Also I don't think anyone here gets the joke, well Tony that's your opinion and I respect that, so yeah I guess I don't, I guess my knowledge isn't good enough so I guess we'll just move on then. As for my game as I so choose to call it I'll continue it.

@Iced, dude I just like that twisted Micky, is it wrong of me to show that? Besides it suits me better I think :D

Besides you don't own Disney, quit crying, geese ::)

Also my good friend made that sig because he and others felt that a month's ban was a little harsh since others that have done worst got only a week or less right after my ban and several days later as well, but hey I'm not bothered by it and even moved on from it, I just like to make a memorable entrance for laughs. If you don't like it, don't read it. 

Also let me explain something to Tony whom I don't think understands the concept of modern spriting(why would he, he's not a creator) by these so called "real creators" and show him that even the most legit works are just head swaps in essence.

Observe "originality"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmoZAnK5KY

See that, it's nothing more than editing which is why I find your opinions about me or anyone else who does this irrelevant. Superman by Hannibal is in fact a Magneto edit. For the most part a head swap basically with added cape/pallet. Same goes for Buyog's Lobo (birdie)

To what extend I choose to edit my works will determine whether I create "original" works I'm guessing, but the fact that everything I've done are wips doesn't seem to satisfy you that it's all still a WORK IN PROGRESS 

I'm not being smart alack I'm being real 8)

This is my sig on one forum I go to

If you want to wear it Iced I'd love your support ;)
Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 04:53:32 pm by ArellonX
#46  June 04, 2009, 06:23:42 am

Something of a preview I did a long while back, The lifebars in there are the modified ones I did, I am sure I am gonna change them, they seemed cool at first but I think they need work.
#47  June 20, 2009, 09:23:16 pm
It's an interesting project. I like your Hulk. (I don't like Capcom's)
Yuor Red Skull is a great idea.
An advice for your game to be original....  include the Penguin, that's is one of DC's most important villians. Think about it.  ;)
Orochi Gill is a liar. He lied once, he is a liar.
#48  June 21, 2009, 05:19:50 am
An advice for your game to be original....  include the Penguin, that's is one of DC's most important villians. Think about it.  ;)

Thanks and double thanks  ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure someone will create a penguin now that IMT, and Topper's team are creating Batman games. If it's good enough I'll add it to my own. I'm trying to just get the main guys for now for a general game that will embody comics' best of the best.
#49  June 21, 2009, 03:03:10 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

Yeah I'm pretty sure someone will create a penguin now that IMT, and Topper's team are creating Batman games. If it's good enough I'll add it to my own. I'm trying to just get the main guys for now for a general game that will embody comics' best of the best.
someone on the imt is making him
#50  June 21, 2009, 05:19:41 pm

Great I didn't know he was being done. What about the Riddler? Is someone creating him? Thanks guys for he info.
#51  June 21, 2009, 05:23:23 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

Great I didn't know he was being done. What about the Riddler? Is someone creating him? Thanks guys for he info.
Yeah... --;
#52  June 22, 2009, 03:01:48 am
Yes he's being made but there is or was a guy named Jayhigh who was making the best Riddler ever but he is out of the mugen loop I believe.

Great stuff, i hope he makes his.

#53  June 22, 2009, 03:46:57 am
Yes he's being made but there is or was a guy named Jayhigh who was making the best Riddler ever but he is out of the mugen loop I believe.

Great stuff, i hope he makes his.

That's a beautiful Riddler :D . I would only add him a bigger question mark (?) in his t-shirt. But, all the same, it's beautiful. I hope they finish him soon. It'll be a great release.
#54  June 22, 2009, 03:59:31 pm
    • USA
Awww, no Deadpool? hes my fav.
#55  June 23, 2009, 06:03:37 am

A fun character for sure and a favorite but just not quite right for my arcade/cinematic presentation. Definitely a solid character and with some tweaks to dumb down that annoying voice I think he could be what Dan was for Capcom. At best though he's a reward character or hidden secret/unlockable.
#56  June 23, 2009, 11:26:51 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

A fun character for sure and a favorite but just not quite right for my arcade/cinematic presentation. Definitely a solid character and with some tweaks to dumb down that annoying voice I think he could be what Dan was for Capcom. At best though he's a reward character or hidden secret/unlockable.
ask unlimited
also two-face wohoo :sugoi: