YesNoOk

Changing AI difficulty? (Read 11282 times)

Started by Norik, September 28, 2013, 04:32:23 am
Share this topic:
Changing AI difficulty?
#1  September 28, 2013, 04:32:23 am
  • we live in a society
    • USA
    • www.8wayrun.com
Hello,

I downloaded Kamekaze's Dr. Doom, and while he did a very good job at making an accurate character, the AI is just ridiculous. Is there a way to lower the difficulty (or turning the AI off altogether)?
Re: Changing AI difficulty?
#2  September 28, 2013, 04:33:53 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Kame didn't have AI scaling in his Doom, so lowering or disabling the difficulty's out of the question until you look at the code.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3  September 28, 2013, 05:25:11 am
  • we live in a society
    • USA
    • www.8wayrun.com
Kame didn't have AI scaling in his Doom, so lowering or disabling the difficulty's out of the question until you look at the code.
I know nothing about code though :(

But I understand lines of code can be nullified by putting a ";" before them. Is there a certain piece of code that controls the AI's behavior that can be nullified without breaking the character?
#4  September 28, 2013, 05:30:29 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Trust me, I'd tell you if I knew.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#5  September 28, 2013, 09:26:30 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
It kinda depends on how the author coded the AI.
From what I've seen in characters, the AI is coded as several blocks, usually somewhere within the .cmd
Unfortunately, I don't think you can really modify the AI to your liking without some knowledge of code.

Upon looking up char you mentioned, it's for 1.0 so I'm assuming that he uses AIlevel for the AI triggers.
Just look for any part of the .cmd that says something along the lines of "AILevel>0"

Increase the 0 to some other number lower than 9. (8 Maybe?)
#6  September 29, 2013, 01:06:17 am
  • we live in a society
    • USA
    • www.8wayrun.com