YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 340853 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#101  September 08, 2016, 11:16:43 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

I...don't think that's how an arm bends at all. Something about her left arm (viewer's left) feels REALLY off. But I guess you already know that. I do think that looks better though yeah.
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#102  September 08, 2016, 11:20:53 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Quoting for new page.

Xenomic: Yeah, it lost some width when I was messing around with it, which is giving you (and me lol) the weird vibe that it isn't bending normally. I'll make sure to fix it up.
This is a generic forum signature.
#103  September 08, 2016, 11:24:23 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

The breasts may need more perking up (gods, the innuendos are gonna fly now...), since they seem flat for her?  I'm not sure if the torso is too long or not either, would have to see how they look in her walk animation for her or whatnot. Legs might also be a bit beefier than they should be too. That's all that I notice atm.
#104  September 09, 2016, 01:53:58 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Only things I see now are the bent arm and her breasts, but Xenomic's on top of it already. You got the side view perfectly in the "after" now.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#105  September 09, 2016, 06:00:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Good to know, as for everything else, easy fixes. :)

Almost there w/ Ryu (well, ok not entirely lol), just got to make sure that the part of his gi near his chest is adjusted right (I mean, I could leave it like that for the other frames, until we get to the transition to idle frame, but let me check and see with Ryu's other sprites). The rips near his legs will be adjusted too (they are the hardest tbh lol).
#106  September 09, 2016, 06:45:35 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
So, what style are you going for here, Hatter?

are you translating CVS to CPS2?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#107  September 09, 2016, 06:50:13 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So, what style are you going for here, Hatter?

are you translating CVS to CPS2?

In general? CPS2 for all characters (including Hinata and Ingrid... yeah straight up CvS>>CPS2 conversion).

If you're talking about the SF chars, I'm taking some animations from SF3 and CvS2 and translating them to CPS2 style. Will edit certain animations to make them a bit better if they already exist in CPS2 (let's be honest, some chars from SFA really need an update on their anims, even if one or two frames).
#108  October 04, 2016, 09:17:33 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Just wanted to bring some life back into this thread:

Progress slowed down for good reasons. Coding wise, Ryu needs the roll to be coded/sprited before I can call him "testing ready" (and Limit Cancels need to be coded as well).

As for Tifa, her neutral jump is still not finished, but we are getting there. I'll be making a falling animation by editing one of her finished sprites, to speed stuff up.
Only new thing that happened regarding Tifa is that the first three anims have been fixed (the idle frame seen in the GIF isn't it, just so you'd know).

Want to finish the movements soooo bad tho.....
#109  October 04, 2016, 11:36:11 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Ryu and Tifa are both looking pretty great. I haven't posted lately because I just hop on real quick and jump off because I haven't really any time until now, but thanks for the update! It's appreciated to know how progress is going despite how busy you could be with other things.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#110  October 16, 2016, 04:29:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^^ I appreciate your interest man, I really do. I myself can't wait to see them through, I'm gonna have so much fun coding Tifa, just like I did Ryu.

And off to Ryu's SFF they go!

EDIT: Added the Chip K.O., which is basically a clever franken-animation comprised of his get hurts and crouching poses. So as of this, all of Ryu's new graphics are complete.
Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:16:23 am by Hatter
#111  October 17, 2016, 01:55:37 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Great way to save yourself some time on that Chip K.O.  Everything else is looking splendid.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#112  October 17, 2016, 03:06:41 am
some parts of ryu's animation does not look like sfa but more like some cvs and sf3 to fit
maybe make some parts you edit fit ryu in his sfa sprite style like his body shape and height so they can look identical to how he looks sfa style

other than that good job!
#113  October 17, 2016, 03:10:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, no. At this point, it's done. There's really nothing left to do. It's not so critically different, or jarring either tbh.

In regards to body shape/height, what's so different from CPS2 (in regards to new frames)? I've already done the scaling, proportions and height are on point to his CPS2 incarnation.

Get new lenses or summat, lol :P
Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:15:37 am by Hatter
#114  October 19, 2016, 11:13:24 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
That's a lot of hard work you did for the animations for Ryu, Hatter. I like what you've done so far. Quite fluid/smooth.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#115  October 20, 2016, 12:22:27 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Looks pretty damn good to me! Glad you were able to get it finished. I don't see anything wrong here.

#116  October 20, 2016, 12:36:23 pm

some parts of ryu's animation does not look like sfa but more like some cvs and sf3 to fit
maybe make some parts you edit fit ryu in his sfa sprite style like his body shape and height so they can look identical to how he looks sfa style

other than that good job!

Nexus games has a solid  point. Your sprite animation is inconsistent and it's easily seen especially in the one where he's standing and just turns his head. Not only in that one, also in the rolling ones.  Compared to the actual Alpha sprite of Ryu, yours don't match with that version. Yours definitly looks SF3/ CvS,  and its out of proportion when comparing with Alpha version. Alpha Ryu's head is slightly bigger,  but yours is slightly smaller. Also, the arms are huge compared to Alpha Ryu(especially in the roll). Your Ryu looks like he grows a good head taller and looks just bigger, I think your animation needs some tweaks. Not bad, but it could use some more polish to be in line with alpha Ryu.
Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:48:30 pm by Iori730
#117  October 20, 2016, 03:18:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I've already checked his scaling and they match the alpha sprites. Whatever you are seeing is just you at this point. And so if they looked like they came from SF3/CvS2? There's nothing wrong with that, there's bound to be differences, even if you work tirelessly to make it the same thing. And Ryu's Alpha head isn't as big as you think.

I'm going to ask for this discussion to end here, I'm done repeating  the same thing about Ryu's scaling every damn time.
Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:39:13 pm by Hatter
#118  October 20, 2016, 03:57:00 pm
before to me, he just does not look like sfa ryu in some of his new animations
your doing great!
#119  October 22, 2016, 12:11:55 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Alright, we're getting somewhere with this.

Today is also great, because I finally figured out how to work ink's method! Win-badabing-win for the whole familia.
#120  October 22, 2016, 01:12:08 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Lovin the tifa anims :thumbsup:
Just curious, but is cloud a planned character?