YesNoOk

KENT FARM V.1 Stage by JOR EL released (Read 7361 times)

Started by aa250, April 05, 2008, 07:12:48 am
Share this topic:
KENT FARM V.1 Stage by JOR EL released
New #1  April 05, 2008, 07:12:48 am
Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:44:15 am by Titiln & the Great Titiln
Re: "KENT FARM" V.1 Stage by JOR EL released
#2  April 05, 2008, 07:32:44 am
    • www.myspace.com/themindofmagic
So you finally made the Kent Farm? I remember you were on MI.Com and I suggested this. I'm glad you worked on it. Hopefully a Smallville High will be next.
#3  April 05, 2008, 07:38:18 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
wut.

He's not Jor-El lol. Well, the hay (?) by the fence looks kinda odd.
#4  April 05, 2008, 07:44:10 am
So you finally made the Kent Farm? I remember you were on MI.Com and I suggested this. I'm glad you worked on it. Hopefully a Smallville High will be next.

LOL I didn't make this stage. It very nicely done especially the sound effects and the sky changing. I wish I could code like him. ;)
#5  April 08, 2008, 04:12:50 pm
  • Mugenite circa 2000...God i'm old....
    • Canada
    • richarddeblasio@hotmail.com
Thanks Kakuzu! as for the Hay, this is an early beta, the final will be far prettier!
Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:46:16 am by Jor El
#6  April 08, 2008, 07:26:41 pm
#7  April 08, 2008, 09:46:49 pm
This really is fantastic. Even the music is well chosen.

There's only one, small niggle. The rain and thunder sound effects work well, but everything background-wise is reset for round two etc... except for them. So If you win during the storm for example, you'll continue the next round with a beautiful sunset... with rain in the background.

Is there anyway to reset the effects back to the start with every new round? I noticed they're not part of the music file as with Jor-El's Krypton, which is good, but just that one little thing is weird.
Secret project:
Spriting now begun.

0.2%

Big news coming soon.
#8  April 09, 2008, 12:41:32 am
    • Canada
Yeah  :S I dont know how i missed that when I released this beta, but i forgot to set the BG RESET to 0 instead of 1! All of you can do this by going into the file, and finding the bg reset, and setting it to "0" as I said (this will cause the stage NOT to reset between rounds, as for the opposite, having the music reset between rounds, I have no idea...), or just hang tight a week and the final version will be uploaded with that fixed (amongst many other things!)  Cheers!
Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:45:21 am by Jor El
#9  April 09, 2008, 04:16:42 pm
Brilliant. That works great, thanks a bunch. Looking forward to more stages from you.
Secret project:
Spriting now begun.

0.2%

Big news coming soon.
#10  April 10, 2008, 09:29:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
A lot of effort was put in this stage, that's for sure. :)

A very big mistake though : the stage is asymmetric, as boundleft != -boundright.
This gives an unfair advantage to player 2.

Also, there is absolutely no floortension, so the stage moves really a lot each time each time a character jumps.

Finally, the sky has huge color loss. To avoid that, try using the jigsaw method (the channel one may take too much space, since you use several sky sprites during time).
Also, before converting it to indexed colors, crop it, since you don't even use the bottom of the sprite anyway. That will save colors.
#11  April 10, 2008, 09:13:38 pm
    • Canada
Excellent! I was hoping for some tips  :)  I will try to make it symmetrical for the final release (its going to take a lot of re-arranging, but it will be worth it  ;) )   also, i'll add floor tension (can't believe I forgot to! what value is usually the norm, 50 or so? ) as for the colour loss, forgive me for asking, but what is the jigsaw method (and the channel method)? sorry to sound noobish, but i am still learning this whole stage thing  ;D

Thank-you for the feedback!!
#12  April 15, 2008, 10:30:39 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/