YesNoOk

R. Mika, Ingrid & Akuma MASSIVE update (Read 18724 times)

Started by DeathScythe, July 24, 2019, 06:49:34 pm
Share this topic:
R. Mika, Ingrid & Akuma MASSIVE update
New #1  July 24, 2019, 06:49:34 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Almost one year ago, to be exact, July/29/2018, I released my first char, Rainbow Mika. I did not know much about coding at the time, but MFG were always supportive, giving feedback and suggestions and helping whenever possible. So now that I have a bit more experience, I wanted to update my chars to make them even more fun to play. Of course, I don't know everything, I still have much to learn and I want to improve more every day, so feedback and suggestions will always be welcome.

So, this is a massive update of my 3 chars, fixing many bugs and changing many things, and mainly, adding the Explodsive Buffering System. I hope you guys like it.

Changelog for each char (is also included in their respective ReadMe):

R. Mika:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ingrid:

Akuma:

Download at https://crepa.neocities.org/mugen/chars

Screenshots:

Special thanks to people who contributed in some way:
Jmorphman, Phantom.of.the.Server, Just No Point, DivineWolf, Ryon, MEMO, Warusaki3, Tamago, QuickFist, DelusionTrim, VirtuallTek, NDSilva, aokmaniac13, CrazyKoopa, MC2, -Whiplash-, Senorfro, PeXXeR, SolidZone26, Trololo, Project.13, altoiddealer, Manson Rees, Sabockee, IceJKai, gui007, RagingRowen, Mysticus, Devon, Rhythmical, Froz, Beterhans, Cruz, Mr. Giang, Nep Heart, Knuckles8864, and you who is reading this and I forgot to put your name...

I hope you have fun with them ;D
Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:35:04 pm by DeathScythe
Re: R. Mika, Ingrid & Akuma MASSIVE update
#2  July 24, 2019, 07:16:40 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Some Suggestions for Akuma:
- Give him the "Tenma" for when he does the Tenma Gou Zankuu
- Have his share of intros specific to certain stages, for example, not having his M.Bison Killin' intros play on "Akuma Stages"?
- Have a guard-spark appear when a Tenma Shurettou hits, like PotS Geese and Gouki.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:22:58 pm by RagingRowen
#3  July 25, 2019, 03:30:21 am
Downloaded and verstion re-freshed :)

#4  July 25, 2019, 06:04:21 am
    • USA
Which Zangrief did you use?
#5  July 25, 2019, 07:47:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After testing the updates for Akuma, I think I may have found a cheap combo I managed to pull off using 3 bars of meter:

I stringed 4 EX Gohadokens (3 in the air and one on the ground and finishing it with a Messatsu Gohado. Is it supposed to do this much? I decided to see if I can pull this same exact combo with DivineWolf's Akuma and I can't. His doesn't allow me to let me jump for a second after I pulled a EX Gohadoken in the air, so this combo is not possible with him. Your Akuma allows me to jump when I'm on the ground after the EX Gohadoken and can perform it again right after the projectiles disappear and already in the air. I didn't find this out until recently.

Also, turns out there are some aesthetic feedback I actually have missed during testing:
-R. Mika's Flying Peach and Shooting Peach (Both normal and EX) have no envshave when it hits the opponent.
-R. Mika's Heavenly Dynamite and Sardine's Beach Special has no jump sound her when she leaps holding on to the opponent or drops down to them.
-I think R. Mika's Headbutt doesn't have envshake either (I'm having a hard time executing the move again to be sure as I kept doing her normal throws).
-Akuma's Hyakki Gouzan, Hyakki Goushou and Hyakki Goudan (Both normal and EX) when it hits the opponent.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#6  July 25, 2019, 08:52:49 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Some Suggestions for Akuma:
- Give him the "Tenma" for when he does the Tenma Gou Zankuu
- Have his share of intros specific to certain stages, for example, not having his M.Bison Killin' intros play on "Akuma Stages"?
- Have a guard-spark appear when a Tenma Shurettou hits, like PotS Geese and Gouki.

- I can include the sound in the snd but I won't change it by default as this is how Tenma Gozanku is in CvS2, the "Tenma" IIRC is from SF3, but you can edit him and change, if you want.
- I'll see what I can do.
- You mean the reversal spark? Anyway, I'll see, idk if it will look good with his fading effect.

Downloaded and verstion re-freshed :)

Thanks, I hope you like it!

Which Zangrief did you use?

varo's version, can be easily found on google

- I'll see. I just tried doing it here and I can't do another EX Zanku Hadoken without the opponent being able to guard, maybe I'm not doing fast enough, but if you can do, I'll make his recovery frame longer.
- Ok, will add.
- She has no envshake for Headbutt, but I can add. I can do this move with no problem, do you play on Keyboard? Maybe your key combinations are not allowing you to pull it off.
- ??? you mean these moves have no envshake? I'll take a look and add.

Thank you everyone for feedback.
#7  July 25, 2019, 09:22:11 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
- I'll see. I just tried doing it here and I can't do another EX Zanku Hadoken without the opponent being able to guard, maybe I'm not doing fast enough, but if you can do, I'll make his recovery frame longer.
- She has no envshake for Headbutt, but I can add. I can do this move with no problem, do you play on Keyboard? Maybe your key combinations are not allowing you to pull it off.
- ??? you mean these moves have no envshake? I'll take a look and add.
-I also think the damage values are too high, which is why I'm dealing that much as 2nd EX projectile deals more than the 1st one. I did that combo just to see how fast I can do it before it ends. Even if you can't do what I did, you can try just with one EX Zanku Hadoken and a EX Gohadoken right after both hits and your Akuma touches the ground. I can't do that same combo with DivineWolf's Akuma as efficiently as yours and even if I did, it doesn't do as much damage.
-Yes, I'm playing on keyboard. That's probably why I couldn't do and managed to pull one by luck.
-Yes, I meant they have no envshake. I was editing the post and forgot to put "envshake" there. My bad.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#8  July 25, 2019, 10:17:10 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
@SolidZone26 I discovered why you could do that combo, Akuma was changing to state 52 instead of his actual Zanku Hadoken land state, making his recovery a lot faster. I probably was testing the move and forgot to change this. Anyway, it's fixed, I also reduced the damage of his EX Zanku Hadoken.
#9  July 25, 2019, 11:36:32 am
    • UK
The other LVL3 port for Mika is just a smaller original version of the new one.
Here's a replacement if you mind:
WIP Schedule:
#10  July 25, 2019, 04:39:28 pm
wonderful job on these 3 chars! im loving akuma mostly!
#11  July 26, 2019, 09:24:02 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Thanks for the updates Deathscythe, great job!

------------------------
Small feedback [R.Mika] :

When I press 'back' immediately after landing Knee Drop, Mika performs Shooting Peach. (Actually any other combination of D+k/p while jumping, and then pressing 'back' results in performing Shooting/Flying Peach).
#12  July 26, 2019, 09:26:34 pm
    • UK
Also for Mika's Rainbow Cyclone, you could change the final kick hitsound to that of the Tenchi Haohken finish, the echo-ey one. It's more climatic.
WIP Schedule:
#13  July 26, 2019, 10:07:43 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
wonderful job on these 3 chars! im loving akuma mostly!

Thanks man, I'm glad you like them ;D

Thanks for the updates Deathscythe, great job!

------------------------
Small feedback [R.Mika] :

When I press 'back' immediately after landing Knee Drop, Mika performs Shooting Peach. (Actually any other combination of D+k/p while jumping, and then pressing 'back' results in performing Shooting/Flying Peach).

This must be because of the buffering system, I'll take  look. Thanks for reporting.

Also for Mika's Rainbow Cyclone, you could change the final kick hitsound to that of the Tenchi Haohken finish, the echo-ey one. It's more climatic.

From which char?
Also, thanks for the hypor port, I've added. I'm fixing a few things that I found, I'll come up with an update eventually.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments!
Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:11:00 pm by DeathScythe
#14  July 26, 2019, 10:10:00 pm
    • UK
It's in Jmm's Ryo or just PotS' Ryu.
WIP Schedule:
#15  July 26, 2019, 10:43:32 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
All of this is massive. I just downloaded them and I can't wait to see how they play.
#16  July 26, 2019, 10:48:14 pm
    • Morocco
That Akuma small port is so blessed,anyways good job on the updates DeathScythe ! And that's one awesome lifebar you got there
#17  July 27, 2019, 04:13:52 am
Thank you for release.
#18  July 28, 2019, 10:09:28 pm
Awesome stuff ! Thanks for the updates :)
#19  July 29, 2019, 05:19:02 am
your work is amazing!

maybe you can work with most forgotten characters furthermore..... maybe samurai shodown,last blade.

#20  August 03, 2019, 08:16:39 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:07:55 pm by ReduxMercenaryT