YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 633914 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#161  February 26, 2018, 10:23:06 am
Since we know the 10 characters in the "Light" version, now I wonder who the last two will be. Fighting Layer characters, new ones, returning ones ? Throwaway ones like Area or super special favorites / guests like Gouki or Kazuya ? It feels a bit weird. It could have been a "light" version by default and the other two could have been DLC for the same result, but this way of putting it is unusual (20 bucks for 2 chars and 10 gougi decks could have made people upset but I think the fanbase would have let it pass).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:28:08 am by Byakko
#162  February 26, 2018, 07:27:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
can't watch the video (work), but have they fixed blair's horribly grating voice ?
#163  February 26, 2018, 08:23:28 pm
lol Nishitani
Okay, we have 10 characters
(Nishi) 10 characters for $60 is a bit light, can we add 2 more for the full version ?
Okay, we'll try to have 12 characters for the standard version
(Nishi) ...... can we make it 12 for the light version too ?
Then what more does the standard version have ??
(Nishi) .... How about Hokuto being a separate character for the standard version ?

later on, character reveal : (Nishi) oh wow, it was Blair ??! what a surprise !

Indirect mention of Gouki (his fight with Kairi broke the seal on Garuda), confirmation that Hayate sealed Garuda inside him but was eventually consumed and became part of Garuda, namedrop of V. Rosso (as a former mafia mate of Jack). The namedrop kinda sounds like Rosso will be one of the next 2 characters, but Darun's namedrop of Pullum rather sounds the opposite way - that she was just dropped and abandoned and won't show up.
Blair's model looks amazing, but her animations (attacks) are still straight from the SFEX series, and they were always bad. Jack's and Geist's moves are more natural (they're pretty good in fact) so I'm assuming / hoping they're still working on everyone's animations and the SFEX stuff is just placeholder. Shadow Geist's design is crazy awesome.
Nishitani says in the Q&A that they want to bring back the EX characters before creating new ones, so I guess the shadow on the right in Geist's picture is V Rosso with an even more flamboyant costume, but I don't get who's the girl on the left side of the picture. It doesn't look anything like Area, Pullum, or Sharon. That just leaves Nanase with a ninja scarf ?
Lastly, no story mode (for now). Not too surprising.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:11:14 pm by Byakko
#164  February 26, 2018, 09:06:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Love the 2 news stages and Shadow looks pretty sick. I do hope they change the hit sound it lacks impact for me.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#165  February 27, 2018, 12:47:35 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#166  February 27, 2018, 01:03:07 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Man, Shadow Geist has been hitting the gym in the lull, hasn't he?

I like the idea of having a "regular" version of the game and a "light" version of it. Someone can buy the "light" version and try it out. If they like it, then they can add on any DLC that would make the "light" version into the "regular" version.

As for the characters: Vulcano Rosso is a shoo-in for me. That kind of name drop in Jack's bio makes it easy to see it coming. Since they're looking at EX characters to begin with, that leaves three characters left for one slot: Pullum, Area, and Sharon. "Where is Nanase and Hayate and Ace" you may ask. Well... Nanase had her mind wiped by Shirase (AKA Legitimate   Hokuto) so, I assume that she longer has a role in the story (but would be a nice DLC character down the road). Hayate is probably dead when he sealed Garuda (again, probably a nice DLC character down the road) and Ace... seriously, fuck Ace. That character stunk.

So, it's down to those three. The nice thing is that the two who don't make it would probably become the first batch of DLC fighters for the game should it do well enough to pull it off.
#167  February 27, 2018, 01:21:15 am
The Nanase memory wipe happened before EX2, right ? It was before the first time Hokuto went blood seal and tried to kill Kairi. IINM, in EX2, Nanase already believes that Kairi is gone and still thinks of Hokuto as her sister, without knowing that Kairi and Hokuto tried to kill each other, right ? She already had the memory wipe, but she was out there fighting anyway. Her story could easily be to both recover her memory and fix her family.
The two shadows next to Shadow Geist in that picture are more likely to be Rosso and Nanase, I just don't see anyone else fitting a haircut + costume like those two shadows.
Garuda's story makes it sound like Hayate was from the Sengoku period just like Garuda. I don't remember if he had any story in EX2/3 but I think he was already supposed to be basically nothing more than a memory, and with his moveset, it seemed pretty obvious that he was either the original version of Garuda or directly related to the time when Garuda first became a demon. I didn't pay any attention to it back then though so I'm not sure what they actually said.
#168  February 27, 2018, 01:34:44 am
  • Raging Fist
well seems like almost every single ex char is involved in this(not on capcom side), so it should be interesting. So far Sharon's not there and the rest of the Original Fighting layer as well.
#169  February 27, 2018, 07:26:36 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Trailer were posted on twitter

-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

ZX2

#170  February 27, 2018, 03:30:39 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
The character on the left seems to be holding what looks to be a rifle of some kind, maybe a sniper rifle? :rifle: Prehaps it could be Janike (or janis) from Fighting Layer because although I might not know very much about every character, she is a character I've seen use weapons even in combo videos. If I'm right then not only will she be the first character from Fighting Layer, but also confirms that there will be more coming into FEXL (still wish it was Fighting Layer EX so the acronym would be called FLEX  :mlol:)
Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:39:27 pm by ZX2
#171  February 27, 2018, 03:58:44 pm
I see a staff next to Geist's hand, and the bulk next to his shoulder is some kind of armored forearm. Staff and forearm guard = Nanase.
If it's a sniper rifle (which I don't think it is), that would make her Sharon, she uses one in her super (a very lame super too).
#172  February 27, 2018, 07:32:38 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I'm beginning to wonder if Pullum Purna will appear in Fighting EX Layer, I thought she belonged to Arika. Now I'm really confused.
#173  February 27, 2018, 08:21:32 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Pullum and Area are the ones I'm waiting for right now.
Lasagna
#174  February 27, 2018, 11:09:47 pm
I'm beginning to wonder if Pullum Purna will appear in Fighting EX Layer, I thought she belonged to Arika. Now I'm really confused.
Of course she belongs to Arika. But there are more characters than open spots, they're not doing everyone.
#175  February 28, 2018, 11:37:58 am
I'm really glad that this game is coming out this year. Too bad not all the chars are in, but they might still be in for a DLC in the future if the game sells well. While MVCI didn't sell well, at least we get three last DLC chars before the game died itself.

I see a staff next to Geist's hand, and the bulk next to his shoulder is some kind of armored forearm. Staff and forearm guard = Nanase.
If it's a sniper rifle (which I don't think it is), that would make her Sharon, she uses one in her super (a very lame super too).

The left side looks indeed as Nanase. Even though her memories were erased by Shirase. But that doesn't mean she can still fight to look for her older brother and getting her memories back. (Not unlike Chizuru in the KOF series when her power was stolen by Ash Crimson and she couldn't fight for a time being)

As for the right side, i think it's Hayate with a sword. Since he appear only in SFEX2 as a secret character and is the key of the story along side Shirase and Garuda.

As for the characters: Vulcano Rosso is a shoo-in for me. That kind of name drop in Jack's bio makes it easy to see it coming. Since they're looking at EX characters to begin with, that leaves three characters left for one slot: Pullum, Area, and Sharon. "Where is Nanase and Hayate and Ace" you may ask. Well... Nanase had her mind wiped by Shirase (AKA Legitimate   Hokuto) so, I assume that she longer has a role in the story (but would be a nice DLC character down the road). Hayate is probably dead when he sealed Garuda (again, probably a nice DLC character down the road) and Ace... seriously, fuck Ace. That character stunk.

I sure don't mind for Volcano Rosso since he's mentioned in Jack's story. But if that's the case, then it's either Hayate or Rosso to be confirmed. Also for Ace... I think this character should have a second chance for a better story, personality and his own freaking moves. Hwa Jai from Fatal Fury didn't came back until 20 years later that KOF XIII was released and that surly was a good come back. If it worked this, i'm sure it will work on this too. Just a bit of a updated costume and a cool personality and we all okay.

Pullum and Area are the ones I'm waiting for right now.

I know what you mean. But by the looks of it, it looks like if Nanase and Hayate might be come first. Who knows? If it 100% confirming, then these chicks might be a DLC plan for future. Same thing with KOF XIV, a start roster. But later a DLC chars plans. That's what i think.

ZX2

#176  March 02, 2018, 09:23:13 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

Well I say Janis/Janike cause of the fire arms she possesses, that and they should really show us that there are gonna be some characters from Fighting Layer coming into this game.
#177  March 03, 2018, 03:37:34 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
No.
They shouldn't do jackshit.
You only WANT them to do what you want. They don't have to do what you want.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#178  March 03, 2018, 04:50:28 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
these latest trailers make it look like they've abandoned the usual full 3D arena approach in lieu of a modern capcom/snk 2.5d feel. no knocking opponents into the foreground/background and slightly rotating the stage blah blah blah. is it just the trailers lacking such attacks or have we gone full sf4/5 2.5d?
#179  March 11, 2018, 05:22:41 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Cool!

The graphics aren't the best but the gameplay  and story albeit generic sure looks fun
#180  March 12, 2018, 03:29:02 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I notice that they seem to be focusing on the SFEX characters first (even though there were some chars which crossed over to Fighting Layer for a cameo). I'm really curious to see how they handle the Fighting Layer chars.

Still anxiously awaiting to see what V. Rosso is going to look like in this game. I want his 3d model in the future.

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!