YesNoOk

New One Piece 2D fighting game for the 3DS! (Read 75289 times)

Started by Gennos, May 21, 2016, 02:56:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: New One Piece 2D fighting game for the 3DS!
#21  May 26, 2016, 06:09:13 pm
and either it doesn't seem like it's supposed to work as animation or it's animations are probably gonna be choppy like EB :|
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#22  May 27, 2016, 06:01:15 pm
it is certainly good news.
However, I think that will leave us wanting many characters.

If we consider that the DBZ game Extreme Butoden is 19 characters (counting 25 different versions of Goku, Gohan and Vegeta), I do not think this game One Piece has much more than that.

Already, One Piece has 9 mandatory characters: the band of Muguiwaras. If we are certainly others that we can easily reach 20, leaving out important characters. Speculate: Sabo, Law, Shanks, Mihawk, Ace, Whitebeard, Blackbeard Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora. With that we have 20. Five more? Doflamingo, Boa Hankock, Jinbei, Crocodile and Buggy. With that we have 25. I doubt that there are more characters than that.

In any case, I think it will be out many important characters: Lucci, Kid, Arlong, Hody Jones, Caesar Clawn, Kaku, Jabra, Mr. 1, Bon Kure, Gekko Moria, Magellan, Kuma, Ivankov, Garp, Smoker, etc, etc etc. And the worst of it is that the basis of sprites, it's so good, is so detailed that very possibly any fan Mugen dares to do some custom char. If you do not already with the base Gigant Battle, there are so many characters custom as it could have, I doubt that these sprites is so impressive.

As for stages, are not likely to be very elaborate or give us soft material. I think for that game scenarios Super Grand Battle X, are better and in any case no one has even ripped.

I dont know. The news leaves me mixed feelings: on the one hand I am glad that we will have to schedule these brutal sprites. On the other hand perfectly there are many characters that will not count, so that it will be impossible to have a complete roster of the entire series with that kind of sprites, while the base of Gigant Battle it is possible to have a complete set .

a greeting. Sorry for my bad English

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In Spanish
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#23  May 27, 2016, 06:36:10 pm
judging from akainu's white suit it seems like the game is keeping up with the anime's current story arc. so it's unlikely we're gonna see characters that didn't appear or have a large role in it. except if they're very popular maybe.
so we can assume that those character from your list may not be in the game as fully playable characters atleast:
Shanks, Mihawk, Whitebeard, Kizaru, Crocodile, Buggy, Lucci, Arlong, Hody Jones, Caesar Clawn, Kaku, Jabra, Mr. 1, Bon Kure, Gekko Moria, Magellan, Kuma, Ivankov, Garp.
gekko moria and hody jones? man i really hope those two don't appear at all in this game.
i think the roster of this game is gonna consist the strawhats (obviously) and of characters from dressrosa, punk hazard and a few popular character like ace, hancock and whoever else that is in the top spots of the popularity polls.
oh and the stages are in 3D unfortunately.
#24  May 27, 2016, 07:43:02 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
great news Gennos
#25  May 27, 2016, 08:10:17 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
If I can make a forecast, the following characters have the highest probability of being playable characters:

Zoro, Nami, Usop, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook (Straw Hat Crew)
Trafalgar Law
Donquijote Doflamingo
Marshall D. Teach
Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:42:11 pm by Gladiacloud
#26  May 27, 2016, 08:33:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
if you want to have fun, make a guess on which strawhats won't be playable.
#27  May 27, 2016, 09:01:47 pm
We got first DBZ EB and now this. It is so Great. I hope they do a Shonen Jump Crossover Game after thisone.
#28  May 27, 2016, 09:25:11 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
next arc system works  need  jojo game please
#29  May 28, 2016, 01:29:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
if you want to have fun, make a guess on which strawhats won't be playable.

Does the Grand Fleet count?  Because after Dressrosa there's something like 5000 honorary 'Straw Hats' running around now.  Speaking of which, they better have Bartolomeo in this, because Bartolomeo is the raddest motherfucker.
#30  May 28, 2016, 06:15:38 pm
we don't have to go that far really, i wish they don't make nami playable. terrible character, especially after the time skip.
she was interesting in her arc and before the time skip, but oda scraped all that and just made her a living fan service character after it. it doesn't help that her weather powers are completely uninteresting (to me atleast).
#31  May 29, 2016, 02:45:18 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
YES!!! NORMAL SIZED ONE PIECE CHARACTERS!!

THERE IS A GOD!!!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But seriously, it's a great day for fighting game fans and mugen fans alike.
#32  June 03, 2016, 03:59:16 pm
  • Surgeon of Death
    • Turkey
Wowowowo dat is a big news. Im so happy now :D Finally OP Mugen will rise. most of the people dont like chibi-chars in mugen and op %99 sprites is chibi :( this is why ours (op mugen coders) chars dont get like from mugenguild forum :D

i get excited :)
#33  June 04, 2016, 05:46:39 am
i came up with some info about the gameplay:
お手軽操作で超爽快!連続コンボを叩き込め!!!!!
攻撃ボタンをテンポ良く押して張力コンボをガンガン発動させろっ!!一気に勝負を決めるぜ!!
basically it says here that it will be easy to play with a combo system that can be triggered by mashing the attack button.
yeah it does look like it will be a simplistic game not unlike DB:EB.
edit: sorry, first translation was inaccurate.
Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:10:14 am by Gennos
#34  June 19, 2016, 11:40:46 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Well, there goes my hype level.
#35  June 20, 2016, 12:58:02 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/one-piece-great-pirate-colosseum-launches-september-21-japan
One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum will launch for 3DS in Japan on September 21, an Amazon Japan and Rakuten listings have revealed. It also reveals its developer to be Arc System Works.

First-print copies of the game will include early unlocks for assist characters Edward Newgate, Marco, and Jozu, plus an in-game item that will give you an edge in the “Create a Pirate Crew” mode, and a download code to get a special 3DS theme. Additionally, Amazon Japan consumers will get another, unannounced item.

One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum is a 2D battle action game featuring 23 playable characters and more than 80 assist characters. It promises flashy scenes and simple controls while maintaining a sense of excitement. There is a mode where you sail around the world and build a team of your favorite pirates. And it also offers a full online battle feature, where you can battle against rivals across the country, increase your “Bounty,” and aim for the top ranking.

23 playable characters, 80 assist characters, Law, Doffy and Cavendish are playable and Whitebeard, Marco and Jozu are first print copy assists.
#36  June 21, 2016, 07:36:17 am
23 is an okay number, EB had around as much iirc. there doesn't seem to be anything confirming dlc chars but here's hoping.
here is a video trailer:

the animation is choppy unfortuantly but the sprites look very good. can't wait to see this in mugen :D
#37  June 21, 2016, 07:51:59 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Roster so far:
-Bartolomeo
-Akainu
-Doflamingo
-Luffy
-Law
-Cavendish
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#38  June 21, 2016, 11:10:09 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
it looks awesome lol one piece deserves non chibi mugen characters im interested to see how law will play as (he is my favorite character lol) and ZORO he has to be playable and Sanji too
Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:13:23 am by Infinite kusanagi
#39  June 21, 2016, 01:33:11 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I guessed two of the characters I had expected, Doflamingo and Law. I did not expect that they added Bartholomeo instead. I saw him as a marginal character (even if he is so funny).
#40  June 21, 2016, 02:10:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
23 sounds like a lot until you realize that with 9 Straw Hats all but guaranteed that's at least a third of the roster taken already.  Plus, based on who they've chosen to represent the assists it's probably safe to say that this will focus mostly on Dressrosa.

Still, the game itself looks good though.