YesNoOk

Sage's Sprites and Animations (Read 159392 times)

Started by TempestSageJDJ, December 12, 2012, 04:02:11 am
Re: Sage's Sprites and Animations
#41  May 22, 2013, 01:24:55 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Do you still take requests? If you do, could you sprite Potemkin for me? He's from Guilty Gear. As for the style, I prefer either CvS or KOF, but if you cant then i'll let you choose.

Have fun and keep spriting!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#42  May 22, 2013, 05:21:40 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Do you still take requests? If you do, could you sprite Potemkin for me? He's from Guilty Gear. As for the style, I prefer either CvS or KOF, but if you cant then i'll let you choose.

Have fun and keep spriting!

Sure. I'll give him a go.
#43  May 23, 2013, 04:47:00 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#44  May 23, 2013, 08:45:33 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Potemkin first! >:(
You don't get to see a KoF/CvS style Potemkin too often. Give it a chance!!!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#45  May 24, 2013, 01:59:34 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
#46  May 24, 2013, 06:16:21 am
  • tired
It's fine, I'm just happy you got around to responding. :P
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#47  June 06, 2013, 03:57:46 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Just posting to say that I was kinda busy with some things. Because of that, I wasn't able to focus on spriting. Now I'm back in the saddle! I'll start doing requests tomorrow. It may be awhile, like 3 or 4 days, before a request is finished, depending on my time, focus, and the character/item that was requested. I'll try to do Saiki and the Strider Blade first, since LS has been waiting for weeks, and Saiki is one of my favorites.
#48  June 06, 2013, 04:01:14 am
  • tired
#49  June 06, 2013, 04:01:49 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Good luck on those! Will be interesting to see how well you do them~
#50  June 13, 2013, 08:57:57 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So how goes the progress, Sagey? Having much luck with anything?
#51  June 13, 2013, 04:07:11 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I've been sorta busy lately. I'm trying to get into character creation and what not. I've been practicing a little though. I think I'll be able to get a request done by next week or the end of this week.

Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:09:42 am
After practicing a little more I realized something: I can't make arms. Legs don't seem to be a problem for me, but arms is where I give up and scratch what I'm doing. I'm not good when it comes to looking up things, so I'll ask here. Is there a good place to find references for arms in CvS style?
#52  June 21, 2013, 11:51:05 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

I'm feel a little nervous showing this since this is my first time attempting this style. I shade it once I get the body correct. How'd I do for my first time?

Btw, I haven't forgot about you guys' requests. I'm just sooo rusty. I'm trying to get back to the way that I usually sprite.
#53  June 21, 2013, 07:02:11 pm
  • tired
Either she's really thin or something went wrong. I can't say much else. :(
#54  June 26, 2013, 03:33:31 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I'm gonna hold off on requests for awhile. Reason: I'm still learning proportions. I know I've disappointed a lot of people, but I want to learn a process that shows the proportions correctly without looking out of place. I'm really sorry and I feel really bad, so once I actually make a sprite that I can say it's okay to show for feedback, I'll do the requests that I got, so for now, no more requesting.
#55  June 26, 2013, 07:44:45 am

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#56  August 10, 2013, 07:04:18 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Wow, I'm rusty. Well, I haven't been spriting for awhile, so I'm trying to learn again. I made another sword:

It's a Katana that belongs to my OC, Joshua. The concept is finished, but the shading is still being worked on.
#57  August 10, 2013, 07:31:38 pm
Not bad.
Will you anti alias it or will you keep the outlines?
#58  August 10, 2013, 09:08:15 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Not bad.
Will you anti alias it or will you keep the outlines?

I'm not sure on which would look better. I'm thinking about anti aliasing it though.

Posted: August 17, 2013, 02:11:26 am

A more human-like sprite. I've been trying to learn proportions since that and shading are the things that I do worse on. I may use this character for something, but I haven't really came up with anything about this character.

The steps I took:

And a gif that I made too fast due to rushing:
#59  August 18, 2013, 10:25:25 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

Newest one is on the far left. I think I did better. How does it look?
#60  August 25, 2013, 09:09:21 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I'm really feel bad for not doing the requests due my temporary loss of interest for spriting for awhile, so I won't open requests until after I feel ready to do so. Anyways, starting now, Sunday is the day that I will post sprites. I'll take a break from everything that I'm doing and focus on spriting. Today, I'm going to attempt CvS style again, but with a different approach for a starter like me. I'll still focus on making smaller sprites like I do, but I want to get into this style because sometime after I finish my first character, I wanna work on a custom character. I also want to test my limits. Expect something before the day is over.