YesNoOk

Wrong palette only during certain states. But why ? (Read 964 times)

Started by Zodiac Uchiha, October 22, 2018, 10:21:04 pm
Share this topic:
Wrong palette only during certain states. But why ?
New #1  October 22, 2018, 10:21:04 pm
    • Germany
hello everyone !

i am back after 10000 Years and am trying to refresh my knowledge of Mugen.

and i am trying to code a version of Ken of Street Fighter. but i am having some problems.

if i open up Fighter Factory Studio and wanna test my char and choose the option current char vs current char, then both chars are standing. 1st char has red clothes. and 2nd char has blue clothes. everything is ok.
but if i hit my opponent then the gethit palettes are shown in red. and that isnt correct at all. same goes for certain hypermove states. if my opponent does some hypermoves, then he is changing colors when he should not.
can anyone please help me out here ?

here is a screenshot where the wrong color is shown at player 2.             https://ibb.co/h8fgWV
 the correct one would be blue like in this one.                                        https://ibb.co/c1sH5q

Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:13:29 pm by Zodiac Uchiha
Re: Wrong palette only during certain states. But why ?
#2  October 22, 2018, 10:46:03 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
I don't know how FF Studio works (I've never tried it because I'm used to FF3 and it is fine for me), but, it's just the sprites doesn't share the same palette.
Again, I don't know how to fix this on FF Studio, but in FF3, there's a button called 'apply the current palette to the specified sprites', which should fix it. In FF Ultimate and Classic, there's also an option called 'shared palette' or something like that.
What is happening is that some of your sprites have a different palette, looks like the same, but in fact isn't.
Re: Wrong palette only during certain states. But why ?
New #3  October 22, 2018, 11:39:12 pm
    • Germany
thank you for your quick reply.

i changed all the sprites pallettes to the first one. the red one now.

the issue with the standing gethit state is solved.
but i have the same problem with my hypermoves. and i choose the correct pallette this time.

How can i solve this ?
Do i have to export the sprite and add the palette in the graphics program and readd it to FFS ?
i dont understand the problem

last Edit :
Now it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help. i was only having a little bit of trouble using FF. Personally, in my opinion,too,  it works very well in FF3.
now i can continue developing him. i think you might get interested in him as soon as he is finished. will take a little bit of more time though. 
Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:13:16 pm by Zodiac Uchiha