YesNoOk

Mewtwo - Update Feb 5 2013 (Read 22814 times)

Started by The 100 Mega Shock!, December 17, 2012, 02:33:30 pm
Share this topic:
Mewtwo - Update Feb 5 2013
#1  December 17, 2012, 02:33:30 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK

http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item365

Big update time:

Movement speed increased
Throw range increased
Wakeup time decreased, wakeup animation made faster
Several animation adjustments
Normals: adjust hitboxes & frame timings

System Changes:
   Front & Back Dashes
   Ground Recovery
   Throw Tech
   EX Moves
   Zero Counter
   Chain Combo

Lava Plume removed
Standing Electro Ball added

Psycho Cutter:
   Recovery time decreased
   Velocities modified
   Defensive hitboxes shrunk
   Offensive hitboxes enlarged

Tri Punch now fully connects on airborne enemies
Ice Punch hitbox raised
Psyshock now OTGs
Added new Supercombo, Psybeam
Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:08:45 pm by The 100 Mega Shock!
Re: Mewtwo
#2  December 17, 2012, 02:37:30 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
I've been following this in your WIP topic.  The sprites are gorgeous.  Definitely giving this a try.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#3  December 17, 2012, 02:46:04 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
YEAH!

I have been waiting for this release!

I'll download this and test him out as soon as possible.

And keep up the good work!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  December 17, 2012, 03:32:36 pm
  • I can't see :<
    • Poland
    • www.niewidomy.deviantart.com
Despite that I'm everything but not pokemanz fan I must admit this looks very impressive.
#5  December 17, 2012, 05:42:32 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Looking good, gonna download.
#6  December 17, 2012, 07:12:28 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Fantastic work as always man, downloading.
#7  December 17, 2012, 08:42:58 pm
  • For honor!
* It gets power back from supers because the hitdefs don't have getpower = 0 in them.

* When combo-ing into the triple elemental punch super I've actually missed with consecutive hits of that super on multiple occasions. The attacks after the ice punch should have a bigger hit range to help prevent that.

* The triple elemental punch could use a little spicing up as well. In KOF, supers like that usually have the final hit trigger a jarring pause and an envshake.

* Since Mewtwo can't air recover as it is designed for KOF inspired gameplay, it should force such design on the opponent it attacks too. In fact, the opponent being able to air recover leads to several issues such as Lava Plume being unsafe even on hit because the opponent can immediately air recover and hit Mewtwo back, unhindered by the low velocities in which the opponent is blasted away from Mewtwo with.

* Ah, no more stepping on the opponent with its kick throw?

I think I'll be digging for more when I can.
Iroha stripped for me
#8  December 17, 2012, 08:58:15 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Awesome work, man!

What will be your next pokemon character? :)
#9  December 17, 2012, 09:01:04 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Sweet release. I consider this another permanent addition to my roster. Thanks for the excellent share!! :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#10  December 17, 2012, 09:02:44 pm
    • UK
* It gets power back from supers because the hitdefs don't have getpower = 0 in them.

* When combo-ing into the triple elemental punch super I've actually missed with consecutive hits of that super on multiple occasions. The attacks after the ice punch should have a bigger hit range to help prevent that.

* The triple elemental punch could use a little spicing up as well. In KOF, supers like that usually have the final hit trigger a jarring pause and an envshake.

* Since Mewtwo can't air recover as it is designed for KOF inspired gameplay, it should force such design on the opponent it attacks too. In fact, the opponent being able to air recover leads to several issues such as Lava Plume being unsafe even on hit because the opponent can immediately air recover and hit Mewtwo back, unhindered by the low velocities in which the opponent is blasted away from Mewtwo with.

* Ah, no more stepping on the opponent with its kick throw?

I think I'll be digging for more when I can.

Fuck, I didn't even notice there was a default value for getpower. Thought I'd put in adequate range for the fire punch, I'll have to make him stick closer to opponents and see if it works.
#11  December 17, 2012, 10:24:03 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You could even put the opponent in a custom state when the 1st hit connects. If you perform it quite far from teh opponent and the move barely connects, then the uppercut often misses. Or give a positive X-vel to P2, but this may look odd.
#12  December 18, 2012, 12:52:41 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
First of all, nice work the character.

But, we have a problem:

When charging the Low Shadow Ball, a duplicate ball appears.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#13  December 18, 2012, 02:35:30 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
wow this looks very nicely crafted!
#14  December 18, 2012, 12:11:19 pm
    • mugengames.ucoz.com
Very neatly done, what's your next project. :2thumbsup:
#15  December 18, 2012, 03:23:45 pm
    • UK
#16  December 18, 2012, 08:52:52 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Very good! I already use your Blaziken and now with your Mewtwo will be even better: D

You will continue to create the Pokemon? If so, please create a fighter type Hitmonlee (he is sooooo cool!).
And you plan to stay only within the Pokémon universe? Will go to other chars?

Anyway, congratulations on your excellent work!

PS: Sorry for english mistakes, I am Brazilian and I use Google Translate.

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#17  December 19, 2012, 05:43:25 pm
    • Thailand
I'll have feedback sooner or later! There better be a pokeball entrance (even though Mewtwo's too cool for that shit)!
#18  December 19, 2012, 06:44:30 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hey, two of my palettes made it in.  That's two more than I was expecting.  Yay.

Haven't spent much time with him, but other than the issues pointed out before about Triple Elemental Punch missing and two Shadow Balls showing, he seems great.  Thanks again for the release.
#19  December 19, 2012, 07:02:28 pm
    • UK
I'll have feedback sooner or later! There better be a pokeball entrance (even though Mewtwo's too cool for that shit)!

I'm...not quite sure how to animate a complex transform like that.

Currently I'm looking at Vampire Saviour's movement and combo system, along with other stuff from Capcom's games, because I realise this weird mash of Street Fighter and KOF systems has very poor direction and is kind of weak.
#20  December 21, 2012, 10:03:33 pm
    • USA
Hm... Now, I already commented on this in your video.

However... I'll go into more detail here. Most people here have already said some things I wanted to say... So I won't mention them.

If you do make him more Darkstalkers style. You may want to consider making the teleport a different command or something. Since at the moment, it's probably one of his strongest traits. Allowing him to punish end lag on most character's moves... Well, not all, but the characters that he's similar to right now he can.

If you however keep him in a sorta Street Fighter style. Perhaps you should give some of his moves that have some end lag a little knock back. Since right now I find myself landing an attack, and not having enough time to get away from the foe's next move... But then again, this is my first time really critiquing a Mugen character... So forgive me if I'm not doing a good job with this. Or if I'm not good enough to use him effectively. I'm not a fighting game expert...

Also, his Hypers should have a LITTLE bit of invincibility frames at the start. I was fighting Captain Falcon, and a simple light punch up close canceled the Hyper out completely. I'd say one or two frames would be fine.

Speaking of Hypers. Are you gonna give him a level three? I feel he needs one... Since right now, he lacks damage output.

Keep up the good work though, this character got me out of lurking Mugen forums for a LONG time, and actually commenting.
XD