YesNoOk

Ultimate Superman (Alpha_1) (Read 7804 times)

Started by ELECTR0, December 21, 2018, 12:54:31 pm
Share this topic:
Ultimate Superman (Alpha_1)
#1  December 21, 2018, 12:54:31 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone enjoys me & Jmaxximus version of the Man of Tomorrow. Supe's is kinda unique in that a lot of his moves have random scenarios which can make for some good replay value. He also changes a couple of moves if you pick the Electric versions Pal#5, Pal#6 or the Herald of Galactus version which is Pal#12. He comes with all his iconic costumes as well as his father Jor-El costume. I'm about to leave to go out of town for a few days, but i'll be watching the forums to see what problems arise. When I get back in town i'll make a quick update to address some of them. Some known issues are alignment on some of the cinematic moves. Also if you want to make palettes or change portraits you will need to open Supe's in Fighter Factory Classic because of a linked sprite issue.

Link : https://electroslair.blogspot.com/

Move List

------Hyper Combos---------

Meteor Smasher : F, D, F + two punch buttons.

Kryptonian Crusher : D, DB, B + two punch buttons.

Heat Vision : D, DF, F + two punch buttons. (Can be done in air)

Up in the clouds, it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Superman! : D, DF, F + two kick buttons (In Air)

Faster than a speeding bullet : Charge back, forward + two kick buttons.

Deep Freeze : D, F + two kick buttons.

Solar Annihilation : D, DB, B + two kick buttons. (Below 100 points health)

------Special Moves--------

Heat Vision : D, DF, F + punch

Cold breath : D, DF, F + kick (Not used while Electric Superman)

Soaring Justice : F, D, F + punch

Super Speed : Charge back, forward + kick

Solar energy release : D, DB, B + kick (Below 100 points health)
Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:12:15 pm by ELECTR0
Re: Ultimate Superman (Alpha_1)
#2  December 21, 2018, 12:58:48 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Oh nice, I have been waiting for this. Let's see if this is good.
#3  December 21, 2018, 01:22:32 pm

I killed a character with the first hit of his Ice breath super and this happened.
Edit: His QCF+LP is an infinite on his 12th palette.
This happens with his cape during his Medium Kick for some reason.

Sometimes when he wins instead of doing a winpose he just stands there not doing anything.
Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:36:30 pm by Memes never die/Manby
#4  December 21, 2018, 01:48:36 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Thanks for the feedback. When I get back home on Sunday I'll start squashing those problems.
#5  December 22, 2018, 06:38:46 am
  • Slash!!
Congratulations!!   :)
#6  December 22, 2018, 07:33:08 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Awesome, I was waiting for this day! Glad I can finally play as your Superman, Electro. However, I do have some feedback upon the first hour of playing him.

- Lack of damage scaling. It makes it so that he can get 500-600+ damage combos with trivial ease off a mere BnB that ends in 1000 power.
- He appears to have an infinite in a corner where he can aerial rave -> multiple Heat Visions -> Ice Breath -> rinse and repeat. A juggle system of some sort is a requirement to prevent this from happening so Superman can retain the loop combos without them going on indefinitely.
- Some of the FXs cause MUGEN to lag and I use primary version 1.0. It's especially noticeable with rock/ice debris and Heat Vision.

These are all in his default palette, I'll test the others when I get a chance.

Otherwise, I really like what I am seeing.
Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 12:36:07 pm by Nep Heart
#7  December 23, 2018, 04:47:15 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! THANKS ELECTRO! Merry Christmas.
#8  December 26, 2018, 05:16:12 pm
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
Electro always doing the best work I love the characters elaborated by him, congratulations friend
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
#9  April 09, 2019, 09:49:59 am
  • Hey it's me, Alex G!
    • Canada
Wow. This character is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, good work to you and your team. Using this character really gives the awe-inspiring "feel" of Superman when you play with him. The way he uses all his multitude of powers equally is not something you see very often, I love it!

I can't help but notice he's called "Alpha", so I'm eagerly watching this character for more updates in the future! He just has so much polish, it's hard to see what else you could add.

I have however encountered a bug where if you don't do a move to break the ice after freeze breath, the character leaves the ice with the ice block effect still being stuck to the character for the rest of the match. It's rather humorous at least, but I doubt that's how it's meant to work. In the picture below, if you look under Batman's cape, you can see the ice is still stuck to him.

Also, this is more of a visual nitpick... but the hit effect of all of his heat moves gives characters a pretty funky yellow palette that seems to last until they hit the ground and have their palette restored. It's definitely not the worst thing ever, but in my opinion is lasts a little too long and the yellow is just... kind of freaky and gaudy. Maybe instead of the bright yellow color change, a fire or steam hit-spark would look more in place? Below I've got a picture of Batman lighting Supes on fire compared to Supes lighting Bats on fire, above, as just an example.

All in all... this is absolutely one of the best new releases I've seen in a while, and definitely, in my opinion the best Superman for MUGEN. Great job! I can't wait to see more from him.
Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:53:07 am by Agoeb
#10  April 10, 2019, 12:53:51 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Yea I messed that Ice attack up. It was supposed to hit & then stay frozen for the finisher, but forgot to place the character below the floor where you can't see them when there in stateno 5150. As for what i'm going to add there's a lot more to go. Like palette specific Special & Hyper attacks based on costume choice. I started to go down that route for the Electric Supermen costumes, but haven't really done it yet for the others. Also some of these sprites are just place holders & need to be made specific for certain moves. Jmaxximus is busy right now & not sure when he'll be available again. So I might start doing some sprites in his absence. Thanks for your feedback.
New #11  May 05, 2019, 10:11:20 pm
this superman is the best ive ever seen in Mugen.  AMAZING work....
my only feedback is wish he were just a bit taller and his torso a bit wider.  he seems like a rly lean superman and seems just a bit "slightly" small.  but still love your creation
Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:41:46 pm by kingb33
#12  May 05, 2019, 11:09:54 pm
  • Been Burning S#$t since 94
@Electro - Good job on your/team Superman. This is one of two Superman/edits that I've seen that actually has the man of steel standing on the ground and not constantly hovering. Been waiting to see that for awhile. Nice job