YesNoOk

Show Off Your FG Collection (Read 26112 times)

Started by SailorMaRs1030, August 22, 2013, 05:47:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show Off Your FG Collection
#61  August 26, 2013, 04:53:24 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Just like when I think back when everyone else in the room was amazed at Zero Divide, and I was silent standing there thinking: "WTF is this shit?"
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT MUH ZERO DIVIDE
Zero Divide sure splitted opinions :-) The gameplay itself was not TOO bad and reminded me personally a lot at the Sega fighters of that era, the graphic of the first part were horrible but at least the music and the gameplay itself was okay. The 2nd part was a improvement of everything, but those low polygon robot models with their very strange designs and the even weirder background stages were not fitting together really.
I tend to not judge the graphics of the first because......well it was a launch title. And the designs on some of the characters in the second game were definite improvements (though some were downgrades....Nereid noooooooo ). I do apply what you said to the Saturn port of 2 (yes it was a port) but even then I can't really complain since the Saturn was pretty inferior to the PS1 when it came to graphics.

Also Shoot GBK, I didn't think you'd have Criticom too. I know for a fact I have that in a box, maybe when I get back to my apartment I'll dig for it and snap a picture.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:50:00 pm by Roman55
Re: Show Off Your FG Co** - Collection
#62  August 26, 2013, 05:14:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
*a US launch title :P

Back in September 1995 the graphics looked already bad compared to Battle Arena Toshinden which was released around 8 months earlier in Japan

speaking about it...

Still using the Game CD sometimes to listen to its music which was damn awesome and is still great after almost 20 years. Especially Sofia's and Kayins stages
#63  August 26, 2013, 05:18:02 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'd actually argue the opposite. ZD's stuff looks good long after you noticed how stiff Toshinden 1's characters were :/

And a launch title is still a launch title (Toshinden wasn't a launch title in Japan either).
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:25:07 pm by Roman55
#64  August 26, 2013, 06:37:40 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Fuck man!! Seeing Toshinden brings back memories. I loved the graphics for that game and the soundtrack was stellar.

While not the real deal, I have a soft spot for Emulation due to it's ease of accessibility and space saving principles.

Here is Killer Instinct running on my MAME. All of the following screenshots are from my PC hooked into my 42 Samsung. I have a 2 port PlayStation 2 Controller Converter and each title has been mapped properly button wise.

Mortal Kombat II

Tekken Tag Tournament... Still the best

Lastly, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Non CD Rom)

There's some awesome to be said to have everything at your fingertips. However, having the authentic title at your disposal is the best way to go.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:41:55 pm by Saikoro
#65  August 26, 2013, 06:41:59 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Tekken Tag Tournament, fuck yeah!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#66  August 26, 2013, 06:48:48 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I could never get any of the KI's to run on my MAME.

Funny that I get TTT to work fine  :S
#67  August 26, 2013, 07:27:01 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I could never get any of the KI's to run on my MAME.

Funny that I get TTT to work fine  :S

I believe it has a lot to do with how the HDD file is set up.The file is marked .CHD and it's like 94 megs. If you don't have that, the game won't run.

Tekken Tag Tournament, fuck yeah!

I have a ton of more stuff, just no photos. LOL

And there's something to be said about playing the original TTT to this day (I rock it on ultra hard and kick it's ass). The PlayStation 2 version is one of my favorite games, for obvious reasons, but the charm of the arcade version never fades away. I think personally it has a lot to do with how awesome Tekken 3 was on the PSOne/Arcade with those timeless, blocky and astonishingly fluid character models. Seeing Tekken 2 characters in 3's form was mind blowing at the time. Another nuance that is phenomenal to me was the inclusion of facial animations. Seeing characters blink, along with hand articulation, was amazing back in the arcades. And still to this day.

Two of my all time favorite throws are Lee Chaolan's and Kazuya's side throws: Lee stomping on your head with maniacal laughter and Kazuya punching you in the back of the head, lighting, theatrics and all while on your knees. Oh!! And Gun Jack's Spanking throw. Almost forgot about that one.

Off of the top of my head, I have these titles archived and readily available to play:

MK1, 2, 3 and Ultimate
Tekken 1, 2, 3, Tag, 4 (Non working) and 5 (Non working)
KoF 94 (Or whatever starting year) all the way to 2000 or 2002 (All of the 2D ones, I may be wrong on the final year)
Fatal Fury, it's Special and Real Bout counterparts
Art of Fighting 1, 2 and 3
Kizuna Encounter
Power Instinct
Waku waku 7
Samurai Showdown and all of it's sequels
World heroes and all of it's sequels
Killer Instinct 1 and 2
Cyberbots
Pocket and Puzzle Fighter
Darkstalkers and both of it's sequels
Rival Schools
Street Fighter EX and it's sequels
Street Fighter Alpha 1,2 and 3
Street Fighter 1, 2 and all of 2's variants
Street Fighter 3 and all of it's variants
X-Men CotA
Marvel Super Heroes
X-Men VS Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter
Marvel VS Capcom
Marvel VS Capcom 2 (Non working)
Ehrgize
Primal Rage

And a lot of others I forget about. All of these titles took me years of searching, organizing and archiving to properly have at my fingertips. I had a retro gaming night with all of my friends and it was fucking awesome with all of us using either PS2 controllers or SF4 arcade joysticks. Also, a few notable Arcade titles I have (E.G. must play if you haven't already) and play frequently include:

The Simpsons
The X-Men
Alien VS Predator
Guwange
Time Crisis 2
Crisis Zone (Non working)
Mercs
Jackal
Terminator 2: the Arcade Game (AWESOME with a mouse!!)

Yeah a lot. I believe I have about 400 Arcade titles. It's fucking nuts!!

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:30:20 pm by Saikoro
#68  August 26, 2013, 07:46:12 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I really don't think ROMS really count as part of your collection.
#69  August 26, 2013, 07:48:20 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I really don't think ROMS really count as part of your collection.

True. And I see your point. But I sit and play them, so they are part of some type of collection.

But compared to what you guys have been showing, yup... ROMs are meaningless. I just wanted to share what I have, digital or not.

I'll return to the corner with my Dunce Cap now. ;D

#70  August 26, 2013, 09:14:02 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah..let's stick to the real collections please so i can post more photos ...there is a screenshot thread already.
#71  August 26, 2013, 09:15:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Sorry man. All of this retro talk got me excited.  :gonkgoi:

#72  August 27, 2013, 11:58:13 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Since Power Instinct Matrimelee was mentioned in the "do mfglers even play" thread

The PS2 port of it is really awesome.
#73  August 28, 2013, 12:45:54 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Holy shit, that actually exists? nice.
Chilling
#74  August 28, 2013, 12:54:18 am
  • Fuck You.
yea thats the one with bobby ologun as a playable character
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#75  August 28, 2013, 01:00:07 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yup, and also had Angela Belti and Kinta Kokuin as returning characters from the older Power Instinct games + some really weird features through that card mode

DMK

#76  August 28, 2013, 03:02:58 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK

Goddamnit I need to purchase a camera.  :pwn:

Wish I had more physcial stuff and the rest of my PS2, PS1 and other generation fighting games are packed away. That or gotten via digital releases via Steam, PSN, Wii Shop, XBLA, etc.

GOH

#77  August 28, 2013, 10:15:12 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
If I had a dollar for every pixel in that image I'd be 50 dollars richer. /youtube

DMK

#78  August 28, 2013, 03:55:05 pm
    • USA
Should of did a quick youtube video, at one point everything converted fine, then it just went to shit. oh well.
#79  August 28, 2013, 04:38:50 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

What's that? Special edition Tekken Hybrid copy?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.

DMK

#80  August 28, 2013, 05:19:18 pm
    • USA
Yep, on top of it is Tekken 2 and Tekken 3. Shame so much of my stuff was stolen when i was younger, funny they didn't take the games out of them, but the manuals....