YesNoOk

Stages (Read 14804 times)

Started by Liquid Jake, December 09, 2010, 08:51:37 pm
Stages
New #1  December 09, 2010, 08:51:37 pm
    • USA
Most of the duels in the 1P game itself will be fought in the Great Hall, but there will be several stages selectable in 2P games:

The Great Hall (With and without an audience)
The Headmaster's Office
The Potions Classroom
The Grounds
The Kitchen
The Forbidden Forest
The Room of Requirement

Two spells will be important to the stages, too; Accio, which, if armed, will summon an object from the stage to your character that will restore some of their life, and Mobiliarbus, which will toss an object from the stage at your opponent.  These objects are different from stage to stage.

The sprites are mostly from Maple Story, with a few Mortal Kombat pieces I picked up from MortalKombatWarehouse.com and some hand-drawn edits, too.  I've seen the movies but didn't really care for them, so the stages are mostly based on the books' descriptions and our imagination. 

Stage select is done via the crystal ball on the shelf under the portraits.

Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:28:52 pm by Liquid Jake
Re: Stages
#2  January 10, 2012, 06:35:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
good to know you are still around.
#3  January 17, 2012, 07:56:28 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Crystal ball idea seems nice but might be hard to identify the stages since it seems rather small, although that's just me. Nice idea though.
#4  January 29, 2012, 02:49:17 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Well, one thing you can do is to add floating smoky and sparkly text (IE magic text) that forms under the crystal ball that shows the stage name or something like that. Basically, don't restrict yourself to the crystal ball. You're in a world of magic, your possibilities are endless.

Good luck with the project and look forward to seeing it complete.

Cheers,
Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!