YesNoOk

Agnibyte's Super Nintendo & NES Stage Collection (W.I.P) (Read 13290 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, November 25, 2018, 11:05:10 pm
Share this topic:
Agnibyte's Super Nintendo & NES Stage Collection (W.I.P)
#1  November 25, 2018, 11:05:10 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Agnibyte's Super Nintendo Stages

SMB World 2:

Download

SMB 3-1:

Download

SMB World 4:

Download

SMB Underground:

Download

SMB Castle:

Download

SMB World 1

Download

SMB2 2-1 (There are alternate colors for this stage):

Download

SMB2 4-2:

Download

SMB3 Airship:

Download

Castlevania Dracula X Stage 1:

Download

Agnibyte's NES Stages

Zelda II Parapa Palace:

Download

Zelda II Midoro Palace:

Download

Metroid Brinstar (there's multiple versions of this):

Download

Kid Icarus 2-1:

Download

Kid Icarus 3-1:

Download

Castlevania II Bridge (there's multiple versions of this):

Download

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to let you guys know, I'm not gonna do a collection on my stages, because what's the point? They're already uploaded to my website, and the stages section is basically a collection of my stages. I'll only do a collection as a means to archive my stages when I retire from MUGEN. But am I going to ever retire? How 'bout no.

Y'see, I love this engine, and I love its community. I'm going nowhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanna give a big shout out to Agnibyte himself, as he sent me the rest of his stages.
Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:32:09 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: Agnibyte's Nintendo Stage Collection (W.I.P)
#2  February 23, 2019, 05:21:07 am
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
[EDIT] fixed
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:47:44 pm by Agnibyte
Re: Agnibyte's Nintendo Stage Collection (W.I.P)
#3  February 23, 2019, 07:03:29 am
    • USA
Woah, this is an unexpected visit from you, Agnibyte. Don't worry about a thing, this collection will be all nice and neat.

By the way, it's a pleasure to meet you. Have you seen my stages?

(I'll get your 1.0 stage. Consider me as the first person to ever download it)

----

I'm looking at the stages that you gave to me, and I'm renaming every single stage since they're all just a bunch of letters and numbers slapped together. It's gonna be a while, since they're rar files.
Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 07:19:41 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: Agnibyte's Super Nintendo & NES Stage Collection (W.I.P)
#4  March 06, 2019, 01:41:24 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
The filenames are junk. They were always taken down quickly, and I wanted to slow it down a little.

I looked at the Yoshi's Island and Air Man stages. You have the right idea, and this is a good start. I think the background should have a slower delta for Yoshi's Island, also the small platforms for Air Man's stage for depth. I think the Goblins (Block with a face) should have their horns rise and fall. Making them appear from nowhere would be a challenge, but would also be good.

Nostalgia is the point of anything like this, and the original music is important, even if users change it for their own music. Sometimes it can be hard to get the music, but this is part of the challenge.

IMO you should learn BGCtrl and the others like VelSet and PosSet if you haven't by now. Better for control and movement, like for the Charging Chuck, or hitting walls, falling from edges. These stages aren't meant to be serious, but the coding can get serious quickly. SinX/Y is useful for things that fly especially when not always left to right. Cos and Tan were never needed, because Sin with VelSetX/Y could mimic anything they would do.

I made Yoshi's Island 1-1 stage a long time ago, but I never released. I was going to add a few things, but I never did. Anyway, I put it up just now. The Charging Chuck code might help you if you want to edit. I never do, but that's me.
#5  March 07, 2019, 04:07:01 am
    • USA
The reason why I didn't add the delta in my stages is because I wanted most of the level to be revealed. A slow delta would just obscure 90% of the level background, and I'm no level designer.

I do get the original music for the stages as a second song, as well as the map song (SMW) that the stages are based on.

As for those horns, idk if it's possible based on my experience. I might make them rise 1 frame at a time, but that'll take forever.

Also, I did not know you made a SMW stage. Did you make it before I made the Yoshi's Island stage, or after? (I released Yoshi's Island in 2016)
#6  March 11, 2019, 03:51:07 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Again, I never released it. I made it in 2013, but I wanted to add a few things. Still never did, but it was done enough since I'm here now.
#7  March 18, 2019, 07:52:39 pm
    • USA
Okay, so you made the stage before I made Yoshi's Island. Aight.

If you're curious on the NES Mario that's in the screenshots, it's KingPepe's Famicom Fighters Mario ported to regular MUGEN by KingPepe himself. There isn't a very good SNES Mario in MUGEN (well, except for Super Mario Maker by DJHannibalRoyce), so I'm just using NES Mario.