YesNoOk

DC Television Universe Discussion Thread (Read 186194 times)

Started by Retro Respecter, May 14, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
Share this topic:
Re: DC Television Universe Discussion Thread
#101  February 24, 2016, 11:49:24 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Earth 3 confirmated.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#102  February 25, 2016, 12:44:22 am
  • A-List Celeb
  • Who hired this guy? What the F~
    • South Africa
Sweet, a marvel and dc crossover confirmed

Oh wait... its not JLaw as Mystique... its Indigo...
#103  February 25, 2016, 12:48:51 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
How is Supergirl? I watched the first couple of episodes and it didn't grab me, but the impending crossover has me curious again.

Also, all my Flash theories went out the window the second it became clear that Zoom unceremoniously dropped Jay's corpse on the ground. I got nothing.
Good day from the house of the haunted
Get a job, get a house, get a coffin
Don't stray from the path, remain where you at
That maximizes our profit
Is that blunt? Oh well, hell, so's this boot
We live to hear you say "please don't shoot"
A pure delight, c'mon, make my night
When I file reports what's right's what I write
#104  February 25, 2016, 03:36:21 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
#105  February 25, 2016, 04:15:54 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
I apologise, it's common between some of my friends to talk english like dummies. "I often say Illuminati confirmated"

Neverminnd.
#106  February 25, 2016, 03:34:20 pm
    • Argentina
It's "confirmed". That's why he asked, Shao ^

I can't wait to see Mystique on Supergirl :P I started watching it because of the actress and it felt a bit meh at first but then it got better, even the CGI, it was a bit dull but I don't know if the same happens on Arrow, Flash or Legends of Tomorrow because I've never seen any of them yet. I will, eventually.
#107  February 25, 2016, 03:49:52 pm
Arrow tries too hard to be the dark Batman and it keeps dragging bad choices and piling up more terrible choices on top of that.
Flash is awesome. It's like it looks at what Arrow does bad (family problems, emotions, hiding stuff to protect people !) and then decides to do it correctly just to show off and say "see, that's how you do it right !"
Legends is completely fucked up stupid with contradictions (they try to get justice in the past ? You can't, time will try to fix itself and it will be useless ! NotIronMan loses a tiny piece of tech ? Projections : savage rules the world in 20 years ! At least Doctor Who explains it with fixed points in time) and terrible setups to screw with itself. They dumped a big budget for cgs so there's that, and while the characters make terrible decisions and thought processes, I guess the big focus is their interactions with each other, the missions that use combinations of this power and that skill.
Supergirl is full of morons whose every decision and speech will melt your brain.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:54:57 pm by Byakko
#108  February 25, 2016, 04:45:25 pm
    • Argentina
That was a brief but good summary. Thanks, Byakko! I'll keep those details in mind :)
#109  February 25, 2016, 11:41:56 pm
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
How is Supergirl? I watched the first couple of episodes and it didn't grab me, but the impending crossover has me curious again.
Supergirl is pretty great, but it runs into the same kinds of problems that turned me off Flash (dumb love triangles that lead to people acting incredibly stupidly for the sake of plot, among other). I'm sticking with it because of the sheer amount of joy and fun the show brings, and specifically because it's a one of a very few pieces of current day Superman-related media that doesn't completely and utterly miss the point of the character.

Spoiler: this was all over the news so it's probably pointless to mark this as a spoiler but even so (click to see content)
#110  February 26, 2016, 12:08:30 am
Flash does have relationship issues and family stuff and love triangles, but it doesn't last long, it gets called out on several occasions (I mean they seriously are put into question, the characters actually grow through them, not like Arrow who just hangs a lampshade over it but keeps it up for major angst and drama), and it gets resolved soon enough (the main one is over by season 1 and it only waited so long for a good reason, then a little bit on season 2 but also justified and made an integral part of the plot). By comparison, Arrow is still keeping up the same dumb shit on its fourth season.

John does come up as the one good thing in Supergirl, yeah, but all interactions between every character just burns my eyes.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#111  February 26, 2016, 12:54:21 am
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
I mean, the love triangle thing was just an example. There's a lot more stuff that bugs me about both shows, like the way the secret identity is treated (simultaneously disposable, in that nearly everyone in the cast knows except for one or two people that are bizarrely kept out of the secret for no reason, but also of great importance to keep secret from everyone else in that world), or the weird secret prisons they keep metahumans/aliens in, or any of the other weird choices they've made in the adaptations.
#112  February 26, 2016, 01:30:59 am
  • Certified Degenerate
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
more people come in an out of star labs as they please than from the freaking cofee shop!

two things i'm sure you'll agree is that iris is worst flash girl and that captain cold is the best husband part of LoT
#113  February 26, 2016, 01:34:59 am
The secret thing is also addressed (and blamed as "okay, it was stupid, what was I even thinking, it was pointless, won't do that again") by the time Iris finds out, and it shows up some more in Barry's personality in season 2, not as a plot point, but to actually build Barry's character (and well done, at least well explained), and again addressed and torn down. Also pretty fast, like, they mention it in one episode, then by the end of the next one, everything is resolved. Wally West is around in this season, he clashed with Barry, and after only a couple of episodes, boom, everything is on the table and things are getting resolved.
The prison thing is weird in itself, but honesty, what else are you going to do with a guy that can control the weather or turn his body into a poison mist. It's a bit of a leap to accept it, but it's the least complex and most straight way to put everything away at the end of the episode.
At any rate, it's definitely the only show where the characters are really likable and well played, and talk in a normal way and say the things you would expect them to say rather than flip out into superdumb.
Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:40:44 am by Byakko
#114  February 26, 2016, 01:45:03 am
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
I would expect them to do what every comic book universe does, and even Supergirl does (more or less): put the metahumans in specially designed prisons that neutralize their powers and not deprive them of due process any all their other rights but storing them in a secret prisons hidden from the world.

it's just a really odd choice that just leads to a bunch of unfortunate implications
#115  February 26, 2016, 02:34:07 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
They started putting them in Iron Heights. The Star Labs prison is now just a holding cell until they get them to Iron Heights.

Of course there's been a lot of villain killing in this season that I wasn't a fan of.
Good day from the house of the haunted
Get a job, get a house, get a coffin
Don't stray from the path, remain where you at
That maximizes our profit
Is that blunt? Oh well, hell, so's this boot
We live to hear you say "please don't shoot"
A pure delight, c'mon, make my night
When I file reports what's right's what I write
#116  February 26, 2016, 02:50:29 am
Oh right, the police has started getting involved in arresting metas since season 2 with a task force and weapons built by Cisco to neutralize them (not kill them), I remembered they mentioned Iron Heights once but I must've missed them pointing out that's where they all went now, and the underground prison hasn't gotten any focus. Also, even when they were still using the Star Labs prison, they did bring up the difficulty of holding them all, feeding them, and the issue with due process. So they're still addressing stuff and actually fixing them.
For the villain killings, well, I don't remember who all got killed, but I think Zoom does most of it, or he's involved (I don't remember how the first one that grows giant died).
#117  February 26, 2016, 04:35:02 am
  • Certified Degenerate
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
1- giant guy was made to absorb lots of radiation until he died
2- sand guy was turned into a glass statue and shattered to pieces
3- captain cold has daddy issues
4- not-firestorm guy ran out of juice and forgot everything (shark guy gets sent to iron heights)
5- light girl.... escaped, i think
6- grodd is sent to earth 2
7- savage escapes to a different tv show
8- mark hammil steals the show
9- turtle guy is locked up in star labs for future plot but gets killed by wells right after
10- reverse flash's wibbly wobbly timey wimey adventure
11- tar guy gets knocked over and... is taken by the police? i dunno, they didn't show anything
12- bad ronny and bad cisco get killed by zoom. bad miss frosty's fate is unclear but most likely survived... somehow
13- shark guy is taken back to iron heights
#118  March 04, 2016, 09:25:51 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
man the end of that last episode Legends of tomorrow made me cry :(
#119  March 29, 2016, 09:58:22 pm
Well I enjoyed Barry showing up and making weird faces whenever someone was saying something stupid and giving senior advice to Supergirl about everything.
#120  March 29, 2016, 10:10:05 pm
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
I can't wait for the next episode. S1!weils , eddie , and black flash! :D