Having. SFF issues  (Read 1911 times)

Started by OasisOfCrows, February 27, 2019, 02:53:11 am
Share this topic:
Having. SFF issues
#1  February 27, 2019, 02:53:11 am
  • I like cookies
    • USA
I have a roster of around 130

I was using a 500 slot screenpack with 351 characters and all i got was a white screen (but the music still played).
I downgraded to around 135 and everytime i load a character i get an .sff error

However when i add JUST that character (any character) and one other onto the roster the character loads. I have tried this with 6 characters and they all work fine.

All of the characters are Pixel. Small 8-bit sprites. At least according to FF.

But whenever i load one in my roster sometimes it loads. Most of the time it crashes and says (character name). Sff cannot be loaded. Error loading .Def

What the flim flam is going on.

I have 8gbs of ram (DDR3)

Im using a laptop with Intel HD 4600 graphics. (Cry for me)

My Cpu is an I5-4300m (Sob)

BUT i have run mugen on 2-3 GBs of ram and on an intel pentium with 800 characters before. So thar can't be an issue. And i have used other packs before that worked fine with up to 50 characters on this laptop.

The REAL kicker is that the other screenpacks with 196 chars works perfectly fine and load.  (Anime Stardust and Jstars Victory Vs + 2). 

Im using Jstars Victory Vs + with 136 Slots when the .sff errors occur and 560 slots when the white screen occurs at 350 slots filled.

So why do i keep getting .sff errors at 136 ? And a white screen at around 300??

Does god hate me?

Is it possible i might need the 4GB memory patch??

If so can somebody link it via download. I can't go onto BLACKLISTED WEBSITE haha

Edit: i tried it at 100 characters and it worked. I am so confused
Kill me.
Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:36:35 am by OasisOfCrows
Re: Having. SFF issues
#2  February 27, 2019, 06:08:43 pm
    • USA
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

You can use the generic patcher.  There's nothing special about 4GB patching.

Anyways, your crap Intel graphics is not helping much here.  If these screenpacks are different installs, then your white screen is probably a video setting in mugen that your computer doesn't like.  Regardless, you should be able to load a piddly 300 something characters.  I load over 2000 on a laptop that isn't much better with no issues.  Maybe look at how big the SFFs are for the screenpacks and lifebars.  If you're loading some huge ass intro or whatever, it's not going to have much room to think about it.

Also, if there's a specific character that makes the difference between when it did and didn't work...
#3  March 01, 2019, 06:07:15 pm
  • I like cookies
    • USA

You can use the generic patcher.  There's nothing special about 4GB patching.

Anyways, your crap Intel graphics is not helping much here.  If these screenpacks are different installs, then your white screen is probably a video setting in mugen that your computer doesn't like.  Regardless, you should be able to load a piddly 300 something characters.  I load over 2000 on a laptop that isn't much better with no issues.  Maybe look at how big the SFFs are for the screenpacks and lifebars.  If you're loading some huge ass intro or whatever, it's not going to have much room to think about it.

Also, if there's a specific character that makes the difference between when it did and didn't work...

I apologize for the late reply, i was not notified.

And yes, im loading Jump sprites from DS games, as well as custom made.

They are not that large, i feel the same about the roster size, i should have NO issue at all. Yet it keeps crashing at 100-130. Anything past 130 and it just goes to a white screen.

Im going to work on it because there has to be SOMETHING going on..
Kill me.
#4  March 01, 2019, 06:09:39 pm
  • I like cookies
    • USA
Maybe look at how big the SFFs are for the screenpacks and lifebars.  If you're loading some huge ass intro or whatever, it's not going to have much room to think about it.

i just checked an SFF for a character and its only 11KBs

Kill me.
Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:13:20 pm by OasisOfCrows
#5  March 04, 2019, 11:24:27 pm
bro when you're deleting the roster to 100 people, are you always deleting the same characters? Are you sure its not a certain character destroying it for you? screenshot?