YesNoOk

Ikemen Plus (Read 793015 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#101  December 16, 2017, 06:26:18 pm
Can you please repost it to MediaFire or OneDrive?
Why? You can download from Github without registration and adds.

Was testing out various characters and I noticed sff2png doesn't extract sprites for RoySquadRock's Pac-Man in a valid palette.
I will look into it but if that's default palette used by that character than I'm afraid there's not much we can do. Hopefully in future we will be able to read group of sprites directly from SFF and assign pallets on the fly. Current implementation is meant to be temporary.
Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:45:37 pm by K4thos
#102  December 16, 2017, 07:39:11 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#103  December 16, 2017, 07:44:48 pm
Would it be possible to allow double redirects? Enemy,helper,stateno

Yup, it's already working.

I tried with enemynear, helper(20000), stateno and it returns the helper's stateno. Also with enemynear, enemynear, name return my char's name.
#104  December 16, 2017, 08:47:00 pm
    • Brazil
just as the char is animated on the selection screen, is it possible to put the victory pose by clicking on the char?
#105  December 17, 2017, 07:47:42 pm
  • Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
    • Mexico
    • www.omegapsycho.webs.com
#106  December 17, 2017, 08:15:36 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My hat is a pancake.
#107  December 17, 2017, 08:28:52 pm
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Why aren't the characters I added not appearing? The only character appearing are Shin Akuma and KFM.

Update: found out how to add characters and I don't like it. Can you please make it like in Vanilla Mugen?
My hat is a pancake.
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:01:21 pm by Weiss Circal
#108  December 17, 2017, 09:39:19 pm
Update: found out how to add characters and I don't like it. Can you please make it like in Vanilla Mugen?
It's already exactly like vanilla mugen (with added features). Could you please be more specific about what you mean?

just as the char is animated on the selection screen, is it possible to put the victory pose by clicking on the char?
sure, screenpack authors can code it like this.
Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:19:26 am by K4thos
#109  December 18, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
    • Brazil
excellent ... about something like "choose your destiny" ... I thought there might be 3 select.def files for arcade mode
select1
select2
select3

the player chooses his fighter, and the screen with 3 options of journeys, different paths, appears

Can we expect something like that?
#110  December 22, 2017, 02:35:34 pm
Features planned for the next version:

1. add004 Tag system selectable from team menu (alongside Single, Simul and Turns) in all modes that already supports Teams. It no longer requires characters CNS/CMD patching to work since I've added 3 new negative states into ikemen. These states are [Statedef -10], [Statedef -20], [Statedef -30] and work the same as [Statedef -1],  [Statedef -2],  [Statedef -3], but are loaded before them, from a common file (ssz/minus.cns), so the same code is shared by all characters.

Unfortunately below add004 AIR code still needs to be added to character's AIR files since I wasn't able to implement this common shared functionality for animations yet:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
AIR files patching is handled automatically if the code is not present, so there is no need to use external add004 patcher. AIR code doesn't really change between add004 versions, so you can forget about problems when the system is updated.

Not sure about compatibility issues with characters though. If add004 uses normal variables in common1.cns code than those could proably conflict if they are already in use by a character, so it may be a good idea to rewrite add004 code to use variables outside mugen range (int > 60, float > 40) if existing code is not 100% compatible with mugen stuff. I will contact Tatsu regarding it. (I may be talking nonsense here since I don't really know much about characters coding, all characters that I've tested seems to work without issues).

2. Tournament mode inspired by Street Fighter 2 single elimination tournament:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjYavslQ0tE

Here is how tournament screen will look in the sample screenpack (of course with background like in select screen, not black):

How it works:
After selecting Tournament mode from main menu there will be 3 types of tournaments to choose from: 4, 8 or 16 players. After that the above screen will show up but only with left and right column and amount of slots depending on players count. Here you can set who will control the character (left/right buttons changes between P1, P2 and AI level 1-8) and up/down moves between slots. Pressing punch/kick button will display character select box at the bottom (the same as in arcade). Start button starts the tournament (if some slots have not been set manually than AI level and character is chosen randomly). In other words everything can be adjusted before the tournament starts. Tournament fights not controlled by player can be watched or skipped at any point via Escape (in such case AI winning side is chosen randomly, or player loses the fight if he had control over 1 of the characters). Like in the linked video versus screen will showcase which part of the tournament we are in and the above mentioned screen will showcase progress between fights (winning character faces moving to the next column, current fighter pair highlighted, defeated ones grayed out). And there will be tournament win screen at the end.

-------------

Above mentioned implementation is open for changes, so please, share your thoughts.
Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:12:44 am by K4thos
#111  December 22, 2017, 07:43:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Letting you know that my next buffer system release will introduce several standards and allow tag matches as well. Combined with your ability to do double redirects it may make for a much easier conversion since you won't have to worry about intruding on other char's vars.

Keep up the great work!
#112  December 22, 2017, 10:49:16 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
This Tournament mode really got me hyped, amazing job dude.

Just one thing, its possible to implement simul/tag and turns on this mode, or single only?
Lasagna
#113  December 23, 2017, 12:13:34 am
Just one thing, its possible to implement simul/tag and turns on this mode, or single only?
all team modes. And each torunament participant can have team mode set separatly, so all kinds of single/team mix matches are possible.

Letting you know that my next buffer system release will introduce several standards and allow tag matches as well. Combined with your ability to do double redirects it may make for a much easier conversion since you won't have to worry about intruding on other char's vars.
nice. I would also suggest some kind of scoring system standard (maybe a direct copy of add004 one). I think I'm pretty close to implementing character's variable read and storing values externally (already can do so by button press detection, so I hope it's a matter of changing conditions), which will open up possibility for global rankings in ikemen. If your system will be used in ikemen plus by default we would need that scoring handled as well. I don’t know enough about character’s coding to export it from add004's code.
Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:35:05 am by K4thos
#114  December 23, 2017, 12:50:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Scoring is possible if you'd really like it.
#115  December 23, 2017, 01:39:57 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
It's already exactly like vanilla mugen (with added features). Could you please be more specific about what you mean?
As in make it so that all I have to do is put the name of the character file in Select document and the character file in the character folder.

My hat is a pancake.
#116  December 23, 2017, 01:48:55 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
But thats literally how its done.
Lasagna
#117  December 23, 2017, 02:23:02 am
As in make it so that all I have to do is put the name of the character file in Select document and the character file in the character folder.
Ash is right, you're doing something wrong. Simply add character like this:
kfm
or this:
kfm/kfm.def
both syntaxes are valid. Of course you should add the character by replacing "randomselect" (or at least add it before those references starts) since just like in vanilla mugen characters outside select screen range set in screenpack won't show up, although they can be still used by CPU (also check out optional parameters). By default screenpack takes into account 10 rows, 5 columns from which 8 rows are scrolling ones and only 2 are visible on screen - which mimics winmugen screenpack design = 50 slots in total. All unoccupied slots use randomselect icon. Instead of 'randomselect' you can also use non existing reference like for example 'blank' to fill a slot. Notice that Catwalk, DuckHunt, and Training are added after 50th [Characters] reference, so they are not visible on select screen.

edit:
btw. if someone needs more slots for characters simply edit these values in 'script/select.lua'
Code:
--;===========================================================
--; GENERAL CONFIG
--;===========================================================
selectColumns = 5
selectRows = 2
offsetRows = 8
offsetRows = 0 disables scrolling rows entirely, so the screenpack works like in mugen.

edit2: one more thing. Unlike mugen current ikemen plus screenpack code is able to move between select screen cells without skipping rows entierly, if there is at least one valid slot in a row. It's hard to explain so please take a look at WooshaQ's screenpack:

Implementing it in ikemen plus wouldn't need any workarounds like in mugen - everything can be done by correct usage of blank slots in select.def
Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:43:48 am by K4thos
#118  December 23, 2017, 05:08:50 pm
    • Brazil
Hm, It seems that i get the same error when i win a match. Just to let you know.
Download fresh ikemen plus from github and try to go through the same steps you took to make the bug happen. The simpler the steps are the better, but it’s important to be precise so that we can isolate the cause. Post all repro steps here. One line reports like this are not enough to reproduce the issue locally, which means we can't help you (without spending hours trying to do the same thing you did without proper description of the problem).

Alright, So i spent some time trying to figure this out. I tested the other modes. This problem only happens in arcade mode regardless if i win or lose the match. And the problem is not tied to any characters or stages that comes with the build. Hope this helps.
Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:12:08 pm by Good_Wall533
#119  December 23, 2017, 05:47:38 pm
Hm, It seems that i get the same error when i win a match. Just to let you know.
Download fresh ikemen plus from github and try to go through the same steps you took to make the bug happen. The simpler the steps are the better, but it’s important to be precise so that we can isolate the cause. Post all repro steps here. One line reports like this are not enough to reproduce the issue locally, which means we can't help you (without spending hours trying to do the same thing you did without proper description of the problem).

Alright, So i spent some time trying to figure this out. I tested the other modes. This problem only happens in arcade mode regardless if i win or lose the match. And the problem is not tied to any characters or stages that comes with the build. Hope this helps.

thanks for testing but this is not enough to find a problem. The next time crash happens please do following things:
- post here which team mode was selected for player and CPU
- post here which match was finished right before the crash happened (for example problem occurred after third opponent/team was defeated)
- post here what was the last screen you've seen (for example VS screen)
- upload (or post in spoiler) following files: 'debug/t_roster.txt' and 'debug/t_selChars.txt'

With this I will be able to reproduce it locally (after downloading characters that were related to the crash and following the steps that lead to it).

edit:
OR if it happened right after some character has been defeated or you have been defeated by that character, and the crash occured before/during Victory screen (which I assume after rereading your post) than simply post a link to that problematic character. If it's unrelated to the chars included in the package than I don't understand why you're not mentioning what character the whole issue is related to.
Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:02:36 pm by K4thos
#120  December 23, 2017, 06:45:35 pm
    • Brazil
thanks for testing but this is not enough to find a problem. The next time crash happens please do following things:
- post here which team mode was selected for player and CPU
- post here which match was finished right before the crash happened (for example problem occurred after third opponent/team was defeated)
- post here what was the last screen you've seen (for example VS screen)
- upload (or post in spoiler) following files: 'debug/t_roster.txt' and 'debug/t_selChars.txt'

With this I will be able to reproduce it locally (after downloading characters that were related to the crash and following the steps that lead to it).

edit:
OR if it happened right after some character has been defeated or you have been defeated by that character, and the crash occured before/during Victory screen (which I assume after rereading your post) than simply post a link to that problematic character. If it's unrelated to the chars included in the package than I don't understand why you're not mentioning what character the whole issue is related to.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the crash happens right after i defeat the character or if i've been defeated by the character. Doesn't even show the victory screen.
Now, what you asked me to do:
- Even if i choose the other team mode (simul, turns or single against the CPU or vice-versa or even double turn or double simul) the problem still happens
- It's always the first match regardless of the modes or characters i use which i still only have Shin Akuma and kfm
- After i win the second round, The game fades to black (I know that it wants to show me the victory screen) but it never even shows up and then the error happens
- And where i can find this: 'debug/t_roster.txt' and 'debug/t_selChars.txt'? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, Here's the whole chars folder that i have so that you have a look if you want: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4aj0ptb6gab8y8z/chars.zip