YesNoOk

Blanka and Genjuro Kibagami updated (Read 15801 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 14, 2019, 12:46:05 am
Share this topic:
Blanka and Genjuro Kibagami updated
#1  June 14, 2019, 12:46:05 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Both Blanka and Genjuro were updated! Finally Genjuro has AI. Make sure to check out Blanka's config file if you are a keyboard user.

Big thanks for Jmorphman for helping me out with the buffering system so delta inputs are doable as they should.

Spoiler: Blanka (click to see content)
Spoiler: Genjuro Kibagami (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:46:16 am by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Blanka released, Genjuro Kibagami updated
#2  June 14, 2019, 12:51:02 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Strange how you could nicely give Blanka an AI but not Genjuro (Currently it's just the System stuff).
I'll test Blanka rn.
EDIT: Could you put maybe easy commands for the Shout of Earth, I have nightmares trying to do the DB DF DB UF.
Test Edit: The Direct Lightning and Shout of Earths lack hit Sounds.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:58:29 am by RagingRowen
#3  June 14, 2019, 01:05:54 am
    • UK
It appears you've missed the Test Edit about the sounds. Edit: Nvm you did, there are Electric Sounds coming out of Blanka, and there's no sound that occurs when the Opponent is hit, when I used the Electric Thunder. For the other moves, maybe the Hit sounds is a bit too quiet or strong.
Maybe you could put a DB D DF F UF like Jmm did for his Guile and Chun-Li, it's kinda inconsistent to not include it when they did.

Also missed opportunity to make the MAX Ground Shave Roll like the SF4 Ultra 1 (Lightning Cannonball) becuase that's essentially an Upgraded Version with added Lightning.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:58:30 am by RagingRowen
#4  June 14, 2019, 01:16:28 am
I'll test both these guys tomorrow. Thanks for the release !
#5  June 14, 2019, 01:21:44 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Blanka
- Is it possible to use one of the lighting bolt graphics for Shout of Earth (anti-ground) and turn it vertical for Shout of Earth (anti-air).  It still looks off for Shout of Earth (anti-air)'s vertical hitbox, but no visual representation for it.

- Is it me, or is his jumping HK's hotbox a tad small?  I would think it would extend to the end of his anklets.

- Cosmetic question, but why have Gen-an disappear only when Blanka's hit.  Shouldn't he vanish before the round starts, or stay the whole round?
#6  June 14, 2019, 01:58:46 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ohh, that's a surprise. We really needed an updated Blanka. As soon as I have the chance I'll test him and come back with feedback.
#7  June 14, 2019, 02:42:00 am
    • Germany
It appears you've missed the Test Edit about the sounds. Edit: Nvm you did, there are Electric Sounds coming out of Blanka, and there's no sound that occurs when the Opponent is hit, when I used the Electric Thunder. For the other moves, maybe the Hit sounds is a bit too quiet or strong.
I don't really know what to tell you
https://streamable.com/5n3u3
All other sounds are deleted.

Maybe you could put a DB D DF F UF like Jmm did for his Guile and Chun-Li, it's kinda inconsistent to not include it when they did.
Just wait for me to apply SOCD cleaning. Jmorphman's buffering system is based on CPS3 which is why delta inputs are so damn hard to do. Capcom thought about it and applied SOCD cleaning for keyboard users in SFIV and it just works.

- Is it possible to use one of the lighting bolt graphics for Shout of Earth (anti-ground) and turn it vertical for Shout of Earth (anti-air).  It still looks off for Shout of Earth (anti-air)'s vertical hitbox, but no visual representation for it.
Didn't think about it. If by the time I updated Blanka I still don't get fxs closer to SF4, I'll try.

- Is it me, or is his jumping HK's hotbox a tad small?  I would think it would extend to the end of his anklets.
It is small indeed, comes from CvS2. I might extend the hitbox to match SF4.

- Cosmetic question, but why have Gen-an disappear only when Blanka's hit.  Shouldn't he vanish before the round starts, or stay the whole round?
I was trying to go for having the corpse on the ground just like Gouki intro, but I might make him vanish as it's kinda annoying for me too.

#8  June 14, 2019, 02:44:38 am
    • UK
I don't really know what to tell you
https://streamable.com/5n3u3
All other sounds are deleted.
Ok it might just be channel stuff because I didn't hear it with the sounds you deleted.

WIP Schedule:

DW

#9  June 14, 2019, 03:52:37 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
LMAO!

The Gen-an intro is funny and sad at the same time. I think it would look better if he just faded away after getting slashed though. A couple things I noticed/like to suggest:

Genjuro:

-His special intro for Sagat triggers against all or my chars. It's because for the "Enemy Name/Author" stuff, you used "or"(||) instead of "and"(&&). Not just for Sagat, but for all the char/author specific special intros. I didn't look over Blanka, but you may wanna check him just in case.

Blanka:

-A lot of the time if I'm blocking, then try to roll forward, I'll get one of his specials instead. You may want to give the rolling higher priority when it comes to charge chars. I do this myself.

Great job man. Very much looking forward to future projects from you.
#10  June 14, 2019, 04:04:38 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'm really liking blanka's level 3 portrait it looks pretty cool
#11  June 14, 2019, 04:36:56 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Tested Blanka for a while. So...
- Wild fang doesn't have "mash buttons to do more damage" thing? I'm used to throws like this having to mash buttons, not sure if you didn't make it intentionally and I don't know how it is in the source...
- This is just me, but PLEASE, make an alternate command for both lvl3 supers. :cry:

That's all besides what people already said. I have to say I LOVED the electric sparks. Also, would you like to add a special intro against my Ingrid? They have two possible special intros in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. :P

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  June 14, 2019, 12:51:01 pm
  • No guts No glory..
"corrupt file" when i try to uncompress it----using winrar...
#13  June 14, 2019, 02:52:16 pm
  • Was it something I said?
All of your winquotes are from Jmorphman's Guile.

Spoiler: Here you go (click to see content)

Also, it's hard to do the Level 3's. I suggest Jmorph's Guile or Joe Higashi for a more simpler way to do it.
#14  June 14, 2019, 04:03:19 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
#15  June 15, 2019, 03:04:29 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#16  June 15, 2019, 12:52:10 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's some feedback (Mostly aesthetics related):
-Close WK, close MK, and the standing HK has no landing effect.
-The throw animation where he misses doesn't have a landing effect.
-All of his Rolling specials and supers has no swing sounds while he rolls (Thought it would sound better with them).
-Vertical Roll has no swing sound during the kick.

The gameplay is fine, but the aesthetics is lacking in certain parts. A landing effect should be present when both of the character's feet leaves the floor. The only exception where it's not needed is when only one foot leaves the floor.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#17  June 17, 2019, 06:17:30 pm
Just curious whats SOCD cleaning ?
#18  June 17, 2019, 06:40:51 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
SOCD = Simuntaneous Opposite Cardinal Directions

SCOD Cleaning means that something is hardcoded to make the simultaneous pressing of left+right (something easy to perform in a keyboard) results into a predetermined direction (depending on the game it might default to left, or right, or neutral).

Playing with charge characters with a keyboard in Mugen can be hilarious sometimes because you can, for example, throw a Sonic Boom by pressing right while still holding left, not losing your charge. SOCD cleaning can remove this unintended feature.
#19  June 17, 2019, 06:57:49 pm
Oh Yeah, I knew about that, however I had no idea it was called SOCD cleaning, thanks !
#20  June 18, 2019, 05:14:44 am
    • Germany
Ok it might just be channel stuff because I didn't hear it with the sounds you deleted.
No
Great job man. Very much looking forward to future projects from you.
- I'm working on a super ambitious project right now. It's a little bit overwhelming for me to do it so I might put him on hold. But expect some things from me in the future. Thanks for all the support, for real.
i'm really liking blanka's level 3 portrait it looks pretty cool
- I forgot to credit the original artist of the artwork but he's Calvin Chua. You should check his stuff out.
- Wild fang doesn't have "mash buttons to do more damage" thing? I'm used to throws like this having to mash buttons, not sure if you didn't make it intentionally and I don't know how it is in the source...
- You're right, he can actually mash buttons for extra damage on CvS2. I removed this feature since they removed it on for SF4 and it's a little bit redundant.
Also, would you like to add a special intro against my Ingrid? They have two possible special intros in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. :P
- For the next update, yes! Of course! Tbh I did not know he had an special intro in SFA3MAX. I'm only tried Blanka of regular SFA3 where Ingrid is not present.
All of your winquotes are from Jmorphman's Guile.

Spoiler: Here you go (click to see content)
- I'm pretty sure they're not from Guile and I think I added a couple winquotes to a list that you posted. But I actually forgot to program the specific winquotes and only the first 10 were being used.
-Close WK, close MK, and the standing HK has no landing effect.
-The throw animation where he misses doesn't have a landing effect.
(...)
-Vertical Roll has no swing sound during the kick.

The gameplay is fine, but the aesthetics is lacking in certain parts. A landing effect should be present when both of the character's feet leaves the floor. The only exception where it's not needed is when only one foot leaves the floor.
- You're actually wrong about this. You can pause this animations frame by frame in CvS2 and they do not have landing effects.
-All of his Rolling specials and supers has no swing sounds while he rolls (Thought it would sound better with them).
- But you're right about this. Added.

- This is just me, but PLEASE, make an alternate command for both lvl3 supers. :cry:
Also, it's hard to do the Level 3's. I suggest Jmorph's Guile or Joe Higashi for a more simpler way to do it.
Love what you did with Blanka, nice work bro. :)

Also, it's hard to do the Level 3's.

This. Sadly i ain't got'em too. :(

I'm not going to change the command or add an alternate command as inputs are a part of balancing a move. I'm not saying this as Shouth of Earth is broken or something like that, but there's a reason for Spinning Piledriver to be a 360 move. Input matters, for real.

But I hear you, and I'm not going to act as if the move is not cancer to perform on keyboard, which is why I added a temporal solution for this issue. I think that the buffering system is going to experiment some changes in the future which is going to give me the chance to solve this problem by applying a proper SOCD cleaning option. But for now you can use the added config file to make the input more doable on keyboard.

The alternate buffering option it's supposed to mimic a janky socd cleaning. Shouth of Earth should be able to be consistently used by using:

Code:
~48$DB, $DF, $DB, $U
Which pretty much means holding DB for at least 48 ticks, releasing back without releasing down, tapping foward->back->up without releasing down + 3 punch/kick. I can consistently perform Shout of Earth with keyboard right now.

Have in mind that you should only adjust the config file if you're a keyboard user, as this buffering option have the exact same problems that JNPmorhpmans buffering system is supposed to solve.

Jmorphman solved everything.

Both Blanka and Genjuro were updated! Finally Genjuro has AI.

Spoiler: Blanka (click to see content)
Spoiler: Genjuro Kibagami (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:59:20 am by KarmaCharmeleon