YesNoOk

CyberBit Mugen (Read 29583 times)

Started by Lord-S, April 21, 2018, 10:41:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CyberBit Mugen
#21  May 21, 2018, 01:25:54 am
Thanks for the stage rips, I think that's gonna works. I'll make the stage later and post here how I fix the parallax.

As for the Diablo sprites, how do you get those? That cannot be used because it's scaled down and blurry, I need the original aspect ratio from the game.
Not a problem if you get the Sauron size, that can be fine tuned.

I need to update Diablo for Mugen 1.0, but I don't know when...
#22  May 21, 2018, 01:52:33 am
  • I'm a llama!
The reason they look blurred is because this website doesn't allow full pixel resolution. Go on the link below, and download them.

https://postimg.cc/image/btcv40vwb/

I ripped them using the primal rage 2 emulator. It would be awesome if you can update Primal Rage.
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:37:24 am by Tyrannosaurus rex
#23  May 21, 2018, 01:58:05 am
  • I'm a llama!
#24  May 21, 2018, 02:47:39 am
Got it.

Well, I did some test with Primal Rage 2 sprite rip and notice the sprites is 256 colors, while in the original game is 64 colors (IIRC).

I don't want to  use  new PR2 sprites with the old ones, even editing it to looks like the original. I'd like to rip the whole thing again and do a proper PR2 char. But I have no plans to do it, as I have no time and patience as 16 yrs ago.

About the stage, those sprites is ready to use, there's no need to edit! The parallax effect you code in Mugen.
I'll code the stage anyway. :)
#25  May 21, 2018, 03:00:50 am
  • I'm a llama!
Got it.

Well, I did some test with Primal Rage 2 sprite rip and notice the sprites is 256 colors, while in the original game is 64 colors (IIRC).

I don't want to  use  new PR2 sprites with the old ones, even editing it to looks like the original. I'd like to rip the whole thing again and do a proper PR2 char. But I have no plans to do it, as I have no time and patience as 16 yrs ago.

About the stage, those sprites is ready to use, there's no need to edit! The parallax effect you code in Mugen.
I'll code the stage anyway. :)

Don't worry. I intend to do it myself. All I just need is help from you on certain tasks. I actually had a few inquiries:

- Is there a way to improve the resolution? The sprites all look a bit distorted and I'm wondering what can be the best method to change resolution and improve the display (even if it means setting to full screen perpetually).
- Your talon is a bit broken in A.I and I was wondering what can be done to ease up on some attacks he keeps on spamming like that annoying Face Ripper attack. Its even very rare for him to substitute that with the jugular bite and add variety but I digress. This is about adjusting frequency of the face ripper attack, given that even the arcade version was a bit more balanced at the highest difficulty. 
- How can I implement the exploding heart and brain as helpers for each character. Could you provide me one example?
- Given that I will be adding quite a lot of material to your whole Primal Rage Mugen package, is it okay that I modify your exclusive name on the title screen/intro and character select screen to be removed to make this more of a full game project, and instead give credit to you on a credits screen?

Rare glitches:
- Diablo has a glitch, that at times when the opponent hits with a heavy attack (like ) while he is in the air, he suddenly shifts to the air and loses gravity on the ground. I will see what can be done to correct this myself,  but I just want to know what you think is causing this.
#26  May 21, 2018, 04:57:29 am
- Is there a way to improve the resolution? The sprites all look a bit distorted and I'm wondering what can be the best method to change resolution and improve the display (even if it means setting to full screen perpetually).
Are you talking about characters? Not sure what you mean about distorted....
If you're talking about motif and screen size, the motif works on Mugen 1.0, you need to port it to Mugen 1.1, I have no plans to do it.

- Your talon is a bit broken in A.I and I was wondering what can be done to ease up on some attacks he keeps on spamming like that annoying Face Ripper attack. Its even very rare for him to substitute

Talon never was a serious work. I did him to test my codes before porting Vertigo, which was the real deal for me.
His A.I. was intentionally broken because an internal joke, one friend ask me to code an A.I. to beat some cheap characters from 2002 or so, and I did it. It was a joke. I not even like this character and have no plans to update it, sorry.

- How can I implement the exploding heart and brain as helpers for each character. Could you provide me one example?
I'll make the code other day, just remind me.

- Given that I will be adding quite a lot of material to your whole Primal Rage Mugen package, is it okay that I modify your exclusive name on the title screen/intro and character select screen to be removed to make this more of a full game project, and instead give credit to you on a credits screen?

All my work is open source, following Elecbyte wish. Open source is not public domain though. Feel free to edit and modify.
Just put the credits somewhere on read-me file, there's no need to "on screen" credits. ;)

Rare glitches:
- Diablo has a glitch, that at times when the opponent hits with a heavy attack (like ) while he is in the air, he suddenly shifts to the air and loses gravity on the ground. I will see what can be done to correct this myself,  but I just want to know what you think is causing this.

That's the old and stupid A.I. code. Diablo is on my priorities to be updated, and I'll write a new A.I. just like I did with Vertigo.

You could disable his A.I. (Talon too) editing the diablo.def file, removing : st2=D_int3.cns
then save the file. Or switch to D_int1.cns for a easier A.I.

People don't know there are 3 A.I. levels, the hardest one is the default.

Actually these Primal Rage characters is full of secrets and hidden stuffs, I remember to put Atari 2600 helpers if you win by perfect and press start at beginning of next round (during round announcer).
Almost all my characters have some sort of Easter egg. :)

#27  May 21, 2018, 07:44:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
If you intend to re-write Diablo as a new updated character, I can provide you all the Primal Rage 2 sprites needed for him. You'll just need to replace the ones you have with the ones I provide you. He is always been my favorite character in that game along with Sauron, Armadon and Blizzard.