YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2501327 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8801  November 03, 2018, 01:02:13 pm
    • USA
i think the situation is ridiculously overblown and so many hardcore fans are overreacting.

blizzard has repeatedly stated they have several diablo related projects in the works. this isnt 4 and isnt meant to be a replacement. jesus christ.
#8802  November 03, 2018, 02:18:09 pm
    • Germany
i think the situation is ridiculously overblown and so many hardcore fans are overreacting.

blizzard has repeatedly stated they have several diablo related projects in the works. this isnt 4 and isnt meant to be a replacement. jesus christ.

It was still a bad choice to make a Diablo mobile game after the Dungeon Keeper and C&C abominations that came from EA.

Most people are probably thinking "and now is another great Gameseries dead" after they seen the word "Mobile", and Blizzard should have known that they would get negativ reactions from that, if they had announced a "Real Diablo" and after that this Mobile spinoff game, than the reactions would be much better I guess.
#8803  November 04, 2018, 12:41:07 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Also from Blizzcon
Warcraft 3 Remaster

New graphic and new options
Was really into WC3 back in high school. Cant wait to try it out!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#8804  November 04, 2018, 01:22:20 am
    • USA

It was still a bad choice to make a Diablo mobile game after the Dungeon Keeper and C&C abominations that came from EA.

Most people are probably thinking "and now is another great Gameseries dead" after they seen the word "Mobile", and Blizzard should have known that they would get negativ reactions from that, if they had announced a "Real Diablo" and after that this Mobile spinoff game, than the reactions would be much better I guess.

No, they don't have to announce anything.

They're not ready to announced 4, plain and simple. Can't people be patient?

This has nothing to do with EA or any other mobile game, why the hell can't people just appreciate more Diablo. They announced awhile back that there's MULTIPLE projects. It's almost as if fans didn't listen...oh wait.

Someone even asked a highly condescending question at a panel which is even dumber

Blizzard did nothing wrong and shouldn't be expected to deal with the amount of blind hate being thrown around just because fans stupidly think this will replace the main series. Jesus Christ.
#8805  November 04, 2018, 02:03:49 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
What Walruslui says, I believe this will be a good thing to hold us off until they are ready to show off Diablo 4. I really don't like the instant hate because of the mobile tag it has cause there is a market for moblie games. EA just is known for that and any company that tries a similar concept get lynched just about. I'm willing to get this game a try cause this looks like a good fit for mobile platforms.
#8806  November 04, 2018, 03:00:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'd say it reminds me of Federation Force, except Diablo III got good over time.  Well, better, anyways.

That said, I can understand the sentiment of being burned by a new title in god knows how long and it just being filler of some kind, or trying to bring in new faces and only succeeding at distancing its established base without gaining anything new.  And this trailer isn't doing anything for me.  On top of not everyone decided to get phones made to runs these things, mine has issues with Pokémon Go on top of it alone taking up literally all my available space, it doesn't really bring anything new or exciting looking.  Just "Hey, it plays on phones now".  Which fantastic, now I'll just miss mouse and keyboard missing from the phone rather than the console?

I suppose also on a personal note, the transition to 3D never really suited Blizzard games.  With exception to Warcraft III at times, the characters always look so blocky and chunky and....I don't know, wrong.  Something like Diablo always felt like it was better suited to a dark gothic artistic style that III never managed and this isn't helping its case.  Nice hi-res 2D sprites and backgrounds would have gone a long way to making it more presentable.  But I suppose that's too expensive for Blizzard.

I guess I'm not angry, especially as I wasn't expecting anything, just disappointed.
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:04:00 am by Long John Killer

lui

#8807  November 04, 2018, 03:48:13 am
    • USA
Here's the thing: it's not meant to be a replacement for anything. It's just a spinoff. They're expirementing and that's fine.

If it's not for you, then that's fine. But expecting it to be another mainline entry or anything of the sort is just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's akin to say that paladins mobile game. It's meant to be something a bit different while still being diablo related.

What matters is that it's a good game on it's own, it seems alot of people are missing that and are instead comparing the game to something that's replacing 4.
#8808  November 04, 2018, 03:58:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wasn't expecting it to replace your average Diablo.  Heck, I wasn't expecting or really wanting a new Diablo.  The story's done, wrapped up with a bow on top.  If anything, I would have thought they'd update the original, modernizing both Diablo 1 and Hellfire with today's technology, or even just prettying up Diablo II's sprites and putting that out like they did with the original StarCraft.  Why even bother trying to compete with yourself when you already got perfection?  Just clean it up to new standards.

Just, on its own, separate from the Diablo franchise as a whole, nothing stands out as eye-catching, unique or even fun for this choice in console.  Technologically impressive as a proof of concept, I suppose.  And even that there's probably better looking and performing games out there on the market I'm not aware of because I don't typically use a phone to play games.  Got Nintendo things dedicated to that.

But yeah, by all means, they can experiment, do what they want.  I'm sure this has some market for it.  Just could and should have handled advertising this in a smarter fashion, numerous past examples have shown that a surefire way to shoot a fanbase in the heart is to go quiet for a considerable amount of time only to return with disconnected fluff.  Promises of new games without evidence doesn't get you too far in the games market anyways, still waiting on Half-Life 3 on that case.
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:06:45 am by Long John Killer
#8809  November 04, 2018, 09:48:15 am
    • Germany
No, they don't have to announce anything.

You are right they don't have to, but it would still be better if they did.^^

They're not ready to announced 4, plain and simple. Can't people be patient?

People are not impatient, they just can't stand anymore that companys turn there favorite game series into crap.

This has nothing to do with EA or any other mobile game, why the hell can't people just appreciate more Diablo. They announced awhile back that there's MULTIPLE projects. It's almost as if fans didn't listen...oh wait.

Walruslui stop your "appreciate more of that" nonsense, that makes you look like a "corporate PR guy", that the game will be made by NetEase and that it looks like a reskin of there pay to win game endless of god should be a big red flag even for a apologetic fanboy like you. ;D

Someone even asked a highly condescending question at a panel which is even dumber

Hey if the Blizzard Guy ask the audience full of PC Gamers in a snarky and condescending way if they don't have mobiles, to  justify a Diablo mobile game, then you can expect that the audience reacts accordingly.

Blizzard did nothing wrong and shouldn't be expected to deal with the amount of blind hate being thrown around just because fans stupidly think this will replace the main series. Jesus Christ.

Your blind worship is not much better. ^^
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:03:55 pm by Lichtbringer
#8810  November 04, 2018, 03:07:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
To be perfectly fair, I don't know what else Blizzard was expecting to happen when they stood up in front of a crowd of die-hard PC gamers to tell them that the next entry in one of the most famous PC game franchises of all time is going to be a cheaply made, hyper-monetized mobile game that they will never be allowed to play on their PCs.
#8811  November 04, 2018, 03:47:56 pm
They expected everyone to move to mobage and land a new market, that's what.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8812  November 04, 2018, 04:39:25 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
They bungled the announcement, thats the main thing. If they had gotten up there and announced D4 and then later confirmed this, or even if they had just confirmed this but in a more conspicuous manner, I don't think there would be the same reaction. The argument that the series "is turning to crap" because of a mobile spinoff just sounds like entitled gamer garbage to me, but yes, this spinoff does look like crap.

EDIT: Also Destiny 2 is free until November 18th. IDK if anyone has mentioned that yet.

lui

#8813  November 04, 2018, 04:40:11 pm
    • USA

i dont even like alot of mobile games and youre assuming this is all blind worship? fuck off

im not saying everyone should love this game right off the bat, just judge this game as its own thing, stop being extremely condescending just because it isnt your precious mainline game for "big boys" like you.

do you even know how you sound right now, you sound like those dudes who would harrass the devs on twitter for something dumb like this whole situation and would posts paragraphs specficially insulting anyone who tries to make light of the situation...oh wait.
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:43:12 pm by Walruslui
#8814  November 04, 2018, 05:25:21 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
To be perfectly fair, I don't know what else Blizzard was expecting to happen when they stood up in front of a crowd of die-hard PC gamers to tell them that the next entry in one of the most famous PC game franchises of all time is going to be a cheaply made, hyper-monetized mobile game that they will never be allowed to play on their PCs.
I don't blame Blizzard for trying to cash in that sweet gacha money after having a taste with Hearthstone.

I do blame them for the abysmal delivery of the announcement, the damage control and youtube ratings manipulation. They're threading into Ghostbusters 2016 territory now.
#8815  November 04, 2018, 05:36:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, that's what I mean.  I've never actually played a Diablo game, and I don't have the seething hatred for mobile games that most True Epic Gamers seem to, but even I can tell that Blizzard botched this announcement about as hard as it could possibly be botched.  If they're going to make a big deal about how a watered down mobile game is the "next exciting step for the series" then they really shouldn't be surprised when the response looks like this.

#8816  November 04, 2018, 05:42:07 pm
    • Germany
i dont even like alot of mobile games and youre assuming this is all blind worship? fuck off

I don't care if you like mobile games or not, but if you beginn to sound like a blizzard PR Guy, then it looks for me like blind worship.^^

im not saying everyone should love this game right off the bat, just judge this game as its own thing, stop being extremely condescending just because it isnt your precious mainline game for "big boys" like you.

Sooo and what was the mening of this post again?

why the hell can't people just appreciate more Diablo.

Sounds for me like you want people just to except this game with open arms to me, and btw. if you realy think that someone is being extremely condescending, and want this person to stop, then you should consider to stop being sarcastic and condescending too. ;)

do you even know how you sound right now, you sound like those dudes who would harrass the devs on twitter for something dumb like this whole situation and would posts paragraphs specficially insulting anyone who tries to make light of the situation...oh wait.

Soo the devs can be realy lucky that I don't use any kind of social Media I guess. ^^

Also you beginn to sound like the other side of the coin who would harrass people for being "Toxic" and try to get them fired from there work because of a petty argument. ;D

So we can either argue some more until a mod stops us or we can stop here now and agree to disagree. ^^

New graphic and new options
Was really into WC3 back in high school. Cant wait to try it out!

I will probably not buy the remaster but I have to say it looks realy good.

I do blame them for the abysmal delivery of the announcement, the damage control and youtube ratings manipulation. They're threading into Ghostbusters 2016 territory now.

I heard of that, did they realy replaced the Videos to set the downvotes back to Zero?

#8817  November 04, 2018, 07:05:25 pm
  • For honor!
I would say that the fans are like, really overreacting and the april fools dude in the red shirt should've been kicked out but when the guy onstage said "Don't you have phones?" and the other one said "You can play it on tablet too" with a smirk yeah they kinda deserved that shit. Like, wow that was stupid.
Iroha stripped for me
#8818  November 04, 2018, 09:32:50 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

I heard of that, did they realy replaced the Videos to set the downvotes back to Zero?
It's worse, they got Google to delete hundreds of thousands of dislikes:

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/191968744/

You can compare the current likes+dislikes right now on youtube with social blade's total ratings, the gap between both tallies is the amount of dislikes google deleted.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/diablo/videos
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:33:48 am by Foobs
#8819  November 04, 2018, 11:08:46 pm
they shouldn't have hyped this game like its the next diablo sequel. thats whats got them in trouble. if diablo 4 is in the work then they should've announced that game first then they'd announce this one, and stress out that its a spin off game and nothing in it will effect diablo 4.
but they didn't do that, did they?
instead, they walked into blizzcon knowing full that almost everyone who attends it is hardcore fans, and spat on their face with a mobile game that they could've announced anywhere and anytime else.
their idiotic comments about people not having phones didn't help either.
just judge this game as its own thing
oh okay. just like other mobile games made by netease, its gonna be a freemium pay to win game full of microtransactions and predatory game design tactics to coerce players to pay for better stats or else they'd lose. no thank you, i'd rather play a virus ridden online flash game than play this shit.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#8820  November 04, 2018, 11:33:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
EDIT: Also Destiny 2 is free until November 18th. IDK if anyone has mentioned that yet.

Vanilla Destiny 2 is pretty average once you finish the campaign. That's when you really start the actual grinding process of finding the best equipment you can get and there wasn't much incentive to do that. There was also the matter that the improvements at the end of Destiny 1 were altered or removed for Destiny 2 for some dumbass reason just to slowly add them back again. Forsaken definitely brought back some of the stuff that made D1 great but lol DLC(But at least it now comes with the Year 1 expansions). Word of warning, if you decide you want to have a long term investment with this game, be prepared to shell out for the DLC expansions. The new areas and features are going to be locked in those and Bungie isn't going to cater much to those that don't buy their DLCs.