YesNoOk

Can't get wireless Xbox 360 controller recognized in Mugen - Works fine in Win10 (Read 16314 times)

Started by jevansoh, March 25, 2018, 02:41:10 pm
Share this topic:
Can't get wireless Xbox 360 controller recognized in Mugen - Works fine in Win10
#1  March 25, 2018, 02:41:10 pm
    • USA
Hello,

I've watched several tutorial videos and read several articles on what seems like should be a very simple task.

I go into the options menu, enable joystick, press F1, and when it asks for input for the first selection (up) I press up on the controller and nothing happens.  No matter what I press on the controller, nothing happens.  It just doesn't recognize it at all.

It's a standard Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller running on Windows 10 and it works fine in Windows and on other games, but no MUGEN game will recognize the controller at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jason
Re: Can't get wireless Xbox 360 controller recognized in Mugen - Works fine in Win10
#2  March 25, 2018, 05:17:31 pm
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
There are a few things that could cause this and a few ways to test/fix it but my suggestions are:
Easy Method
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hard method:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hope that helps
Re: Can't get wireless Xbox 360 controller recognized in Mugen - Works fine in Win10
#3  March 25, 2018, 06:35:30 pm
    • USA
I tried the "easier" parts of the hard way with no luck.  I'd like to try the easy way, but am totally unfamiliar with making a MUGEN profile in JoyToKey or how I'd go about that.  Are there any instructions anywhere on how to make this profile and how to configure J2K?

Thanks,

--J
#4  March 26, 2018, 12:12:38 pm
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Just google/youtube "How to use Joy2Key" or "how to setup Joy2key"
#5  March 27, 2018, 07:39:43 am
    • USA
Got it!  Problem solved!  Controller is now working with J2K.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.  I really appreciate it.

--J
#6  April 04, 2018, 02:53:35 am
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
Glad I could help :-)