YesNoOk

KOF-ver. Dong Hwan [WIP] (Read 662 times)

Started by Kolossoni, October 10, 2019, 09:41:17 am
Share this topic:
KOF-ver. Dong Hwan [WIP]
New #1  October 10, 2019, 09:41:17 am
  • | The Awakened |
  • <My Work is Antiquity>
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
A simple page dedicated to keep record of my progress for my Dong Hwan's KOF conversion.

Currently Finished:
  • Custom Run Animation
  • Air Back Kick
  • All Moves (Updated: 6/11/19)
  • All Supers & MAX (Updated: 6/11/19)
  • 1 Intro & 1 Outro (Updated: 6/11/19)

Things Left To Do (Updated: 6/11/19):
  • VS Jae Hoon Intro
  • Outro Feat. Kim
  • Effect SFX
  • Sound Files
  • AI

What will not be implemented:
  • Wall jumps (due to it being very un-KOF-like)

Progress: 75~85% (Updated: 6/11/19)
Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:12:43 am by Kolossoni
Re: KOF-ver. Dong Hwan [WIP]
#2  October 10, 2019, 10:06:45 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Looks good, buddy.
Seems like it's consistent at the moment.

Yes, the difficulty would be to keep consistence between kof/Kaphwan based sprites and the baggy-ones from Garou.
Even if Kim Kaphwan have few new baggy sprites as well, and Dong striker can be used as well.

Also, the good thing is both brothers have some common sprites in normal attacks...

Keep it up with the great work!

I want to hug you...
#3  October 10, 2019, 10:10:34 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
"Wall jumps (due to it being very un-KOF-like)"

Was wall jumping not a thing in KOF? I feel like I remember there being at least one character that could do it.
#4  October 10, 2019, 10:19:40 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Was wall jumping not a thing in KOF? I feel like I remember there being at least one character that could do it.

Yes, perhaps Mai Shiranui.

I have to admit I thought the same... Wall jump sounds ok with kof to me...

I want to hug you...
#5  October 10, 2019, 12:36:30 pm
  • | The Awakened |
  • <My Work is Antiquity>
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen

Okay, so just to clear up things I'll elaborate why I made that specific decision for now and the whole Mai doing it in KOF is the main reason.
I think KOF and wall jumping is a very antithetical or at least a niche enough feature in and of itself.

Mai being able to jump on walls is her own special "trait" I guess? Whatever the term is. She's the only one that can use it since she requires speed and that her concept, being a kunoichi (female ninja) allows her to wall jump both kit and lore wise.

Problem with Dong-Hwan being able to wall jump as a Tae-Kwon-Do character in a KOF system, seems pretty off for me. It's okay if it is in Fatal Fury games, but with KOF having Kim, Chang, Choi, Jhun, May Lee and etc not being able to wall jump, giving Dong-Hwan the feature seemed a little weird.

But if the majority prefer the wall jump feature, I'll definately add it.

Looks good, buddy.
Seems like it's consistent at the moment.

Yes, the difficulty would be to keep consistence between kof/Kaphwan based sprites and the baggy-ones from Garou.
Even if Kim Kaphwan have few new baggy sprites as well, and Dong striker can be used as well.

Also, the good thing is both brothers have some common sprites in normal attacks...

Keep it up with the great work!

Now with the pants situation, it's super difficult for me to measure and calculate exactly which sprites need shrinking and which one doesn't.
For ex, many of Kim's sprites also have both skinny legs and fat legs. Regardless of moves, the thickness varies randomly. (And Dong Hwan's 2000 striker sprites don't add up as well... Some are skinny and some are not.)
So moves that require more "volume(?)" on the pants like Kuusa jin, I try to make it into "average" thickness.
So, yes it is very tiring lol.

At this point, if the sprites look too off (especially the stand kicks) I'll just manually make them thicker!
#6  October 10, 2019, 01:01:41 pm
    • France
    • duracelleurxmugen.blogspot.fr/
Good luck. You did great with Jae Hoon.
#7  October 13, 2019, 11:05:30 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Good good!
I think Kim's base don't need too much editing.
Most sprites can be used like that, just as you said Dong and Jae have not much wide legs in kof as strikers characters.

Good luck!

I want to hug you...
#8  October 13, 2019, 02:50:14 pm

i do get your point but isn't dong hwan's niche in garou is being able to wall jump? even the annoying ninja kid couldn't wall jump.