YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071958 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1441  September 02, 2017, 02:17:42 am
  • One more player.
    • Chile
    • http://k3rcy.deviantart.com/
WATCH OUT! YOUR ARMOR HAS LIFE! hahahaha it's a joke, you're doing very well. Although the armor is true, although it tries to take away a little movement to the armor.

lui

#1442  September 02, 2017, 02:52:05 am
    • USA
There's alot of wonky things in the animation.

For starters, his viewers right foot shouldn't slide back and forth. The arms and pretty much anything that moves is extremely jittery  and so are alot of elements such as the hair, the shoulder pieces and such. His armor shouldn't expand THAT big at all, it looks extremely unnatrual and weird as a result.
#1443  September 02, 2017, 02:57:41 am
    • Philippines
I was about to mention what wal just said

also, i think some parts of the line art on the other frames seem a bit jagged

plus the shading on his chest seem to change too much in between frames

but I think you have a good start :)
i like pixels
#1444  September 02, 2017, 03:42:40 am
I love what you did with the fingers. I'm not sure how to make the animation less wobbly - I don't know anything about animation - but maybe it might help if you concentrate on each part separately and see how it moves during the animation.

With the expanding chest, I think the main thing is that it looks like his pecs are expanding, which doesn't normally happen. It should just look like he's pushing his chest out.
#1445  September 02, 2017, 04:23:04 am
    • Mexico

Right now I'm fixing what I have been suggested and it seems that it is going to be better thanks to the chest I am based on silver samurai but I do not like it very well.

note:this is the bad one

And obviously this is silver samurai

lui

#1446  September 02, 2017, 11:09:01 am
    • USA
that's a completely different artistic style and not only that, they both have very different builds and personality. You shouldn't base your first animation to be on something like Silver Samurai when it doesn't fit Raditz at all and it's from a heavily stylized game such as X-Men COTA. Try taking reference from his Extreme Butoden stance. Or a the very least reduce the amount of excessive chest breathing.

Also the feet on the bottom right shouldn't slide like that when they are in a stationary pose.

It's a nice start, but try going at it from a different perspective because imo it looks very off and doesn't fit Raditz at all. Look at official sources for his stance such as the Budokai games, Raging Blast, Xenoverse, the anime, manga etc. to get a feel for how he should stand like :)
#1447  September 02, 2017, 05:12:51 pm
Looking at the animations side by side, I think you might be following it too closely, and absorbing traits that don't really match up.

Silver Samurai's and shoulder guards and armour skirt aren't tightly connected. It's Japanese armour, so these parts might be made out of wood or a light metal, and they could be attached by cords. So they're kind of flopping around when he breathes.

Meanwhile, in Dragonball, the Saiyan armour seems like it's one solid piece made of rubber or a shape-memory polymer or something like that. It's solid and wants to retain its shape, but it bends if you force it to. So Raditz's armour should be mostly staying in the same shape unless he's lifting up his arms or legs and pushing against it.

As for whether it's the right animation or not for a Z2 Raditz , I can't say whether it can fits the Z2 style, but Raditz fights from a similar pose in Dragonball. Just standing straight with his arms and his sides and his legs evenly apart. The only time you see him in something like a fighting stance is after he attacks and doesn't return to his relaxed position right away.
Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:33:37 pm by Thammy

lui

#1448  September 03, 2017, 12:48:44 am
    • USA
which is why I said look at the games as well such as xenoverse, budokai, extreme butoden, raging blast and such :p
#1449  September 03, 2017, 04:49:47 am
    • Mexico
Agree that I should be based on the games anime manga and all, in fact try to do with my first sprite, which have never seen since it is even worse than these lol.

but I am going to the thread I think they are correct the point is that extreme botouden has very few frames in my opinion and seeing that with fifteen frames the animation looks bad I do not want to think with six frames, I try to add more thanks for the suggestion about armor and foot.
I will try what I do best in terms of animation. :)

lui

#1450  September 03, 2017, 12:06:24 pm
    • USA
you should use extreme butoden's stance as refernece but add in more frames than the source material
#1451  September 04, 2017, 02:16:48 am
    • Mexico
so you suggest that I go more to this pose?

is just that I think the other sprite I was better in terms of style more attached to z2  but I really do not know.
which opinion should redesign it this way or continue with the previous one?

apart wanted to mention that should change to make it more attached to the style of z2

for example:

lui

#1452  September 04, 2017, 02:18:32 am
    • USA
that raditz is an old sprite of balthazar's and shouldn't be used for reference when it comes to size, shading, coloring, etc., look at piccolo, vegeta, tien or buu to get a better shading reference

the one you have rn looks fine.
#1453  September 04, 2017, 03:04:35 am
    • Mexico
well continue with the base of extreme botuden and I will try to make the animation to later show it, I also think of making an introduction.
#1454  September 05, 2017, 01:04:22 am
    • Mexico
at last this time the armor has no life the shadow is better and moving is more fluid.

note: the introduction will be on the raditz scouter.
Edit:A of course some suggestions that can improve it is welcome :)
Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:15:02 am by Zx_Zeo125
#1455  September 05, 2017, 04:06:36 am
    • Philippines
I like the pose you went with

though I do think it would look more fluid overall and more aesthetically pleasing if you really sprited the movement of the legs and the bending of the knees instead of just shortening them

same thing with the arms bending

it would also be better if you didnt make him smile. you have only a few frames, so making him smile and frown that often makes it look a bit odd

the hair needs a bit more movement as well. maybe try looking at Goku Z2's hair movement even though Goku is old Z2
i like pixels
#1456  September 09, 2017, 11:55:54 pm
    • Mexico

I regret the delay for a few simple corrections but I was trying to do the best possible fluid, besides that I had to do some tasks and I could not finish it fast, by the way I intend to bring the introduction but I do not know if to publish it here or that theme goes in projects that is what do you think?
#1457  September 10, 2017, 12:44:03 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Nice pose.
There is a pop up in the current Radditz sprites knees.
I want to help so I will just give random advice.

Remember to have character's limbs bend at their joints; toes, ankles, knees, hips
Remember squash and stretch rule for more dynamic animations.
Circular loops of animation are prefered over back, and forth animations.
Modifying the timing of frames can improve the look of an animation.

I don't know if this advice helps, or if it is just confusing. :???:
I am not sure I know what I am even talking about. I just want to grab the sprite, and animate it myself. :yuno:
Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:49:08 am by Alpha Proto
#1458  September 10, 2017, 01:20:21 am
    • Mexico
thanks for the feedback I know it can be desperate to tell me again and again what walruslui and leparagon had already commented on me but I can only rely on the raditz of extreme botouden, and it is not easy for me to adapt the muscles of the sprite, there is no hyper dbz character who is tall and does not wear baggy pants

I will try to fix the pop up

lui

#1459  September 10, 2017, 01:21:31 am
    • USA
youre going in the right direction, keep it up. just keep practicing until you get it right :)
#1460  September 10, 2017, 05:53:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Hyper Dragon Ball Z Vegeta may be the best character to reference for Raditz.

Here is a sprite of the boy in Neko Majin Z.

I want to use him for a move like Felicia's, "Everyone help!" Also some intro and win posses.
I am planning on doing some easy animations for him.
His arms and what he is holding will just move up and down.
His legs will be around 4 frames of animation.
Is everything looking good?
Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:16:43 am by Alpha Proto