YesNoOk

Let's make an interactive Artmoney tutorial. Yay! (Read 84186 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 07, 2005, 07:34:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Let's make an interactive Artmoney tutorial. Yay!
#41  April 28, 2006, 07:30:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
to look for the x velocity i suggest.

look for 0 while in the standing state.

walk forward, look for increased value.

keep on walking forward, look for unchanged.

stop, look for 0 again.

walk backwards, look for decreased.

keep on walking backwards, look for unchanged.

use your imagination :P

Y vel is almost the same, except that you will not look for unchanged but.

look for 0 while standing.

jump up, while rising look for decreased.

look for increased while jumping up.

once you are going down keep on looking for increased.

this might be tricky, as the half tickpresent in capcom games can fuck up a perfectly made search. you can do this tick by tick, and when you notice a half tick (usually a jerky movement that has twice the vel), just stop searching and restart the move or skip the tick.
#42  April 29, 2006, 08:45:44 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I think I've found a way around the half-ticks by using a cheat code that plays the game at the slower SSF2 speed. Doesn't seem to do any skipping at all.

Thanks for the velocity tips.  :)
#43  May 02, 2006, 08:13:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think I've found a way around the half-ticks by using a cheat code that plays the game at the slower SSF2 speed. Doesn't seem to do any skipping at all.

Thanks for the velocity tips.  :)

SHARE CHETA CODE LTHNXPLZ ! ;P
#44  May 03, 2006, 02:50:56 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Assuming that was actually serious the lines from my cheat.dat for that are as follows

[3]
Name=Game Speed
0=Disabled
1=Slow Speed,FF82F3,01
2=SSF2 Speed,FF8CD2,FF
3=Max Speed,FF8CD2,00
4=Ultra Speed,FF82EC,01
Default=0

That cheat archive zip made a large number of ripping tasks much easier. Namely stage choice.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#45  June 24, 2006, 08:00:02 pm
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
Not sure if this would be the right place for this but it is relavent to the topic so...

In Asura Blade and some other non-cps related games one cannot find the timer, and the axis can't be found either....

When you search for an unknown value, nothing shows up.... is there any solution?

If one has located the continues and the wincount counter.... is it possible to find the other values such as axis timer and background with those?
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:10:05 pm by Kensuke
#46  June 25, 2006, 04:19:11 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Not sure if this would be the right place for this but it is relavent to the topic so...

In Asura Blade and some other non-cps related games one cannot find the timer, and the axis can't be found either....

When you search for an unknown value, nothing shows up.... is there any solution?
are you sure you searched in all the address range?

If one has located the continues and the wincount counter.... is it possible to find the other values such as axis timer and background with those?
sort of, once you find something you know in which address range to search for more
like, if you find the continues at 00123456, you know that the rest of the stuff is probably somewhere between 00120000 and 00130000, so you start searching just in that range instead of everywhere
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#47  June 25, 2006, 09:09:14 am
  • Pretending to know Japanese is stupid.
    • www.sevenhertz.net/
I'm trying to rip sprites from Samurai Shodown IV, I would rip from SSV, but I can't get it to emulate in anything except NeoRageX.

Anyway... is it possible to cycle through the sprites in that game like it is in Alpha 3? Even when freezing the X axis, and the y axis, it's tough to grab some sprites.
Check me out.

Naruto sucks.
#48  June 25, 2006, 10:43:50 pm
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
I found the x-axis however... for some reason the unknown values search does not work still... the filter for unknown values works but the search doesn't...

is this a bug in artmoney?
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
#49  June 26, 2006, 12:24:28 am
  • Pretending to know Japanese is stupid.
    • www.sevenhertz.net/
From what I can tell, if you search for unknown values... it will get every possible value.  It won't display them in the left bar at all though, probably because that list would be obsurd.  So you can filter after that initial search.
Check me out.

Naruto sucks.
#50  August 16, 2006, 04:28:48 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
Hi, I'm trying to use it with the KOFKyo PSX game, but I only can find numeric values, like timer, pow energy, all values identified graphically by numbers, the game is RPG based, the player doesn't have the control of the char movement, and the sparks are video files, can you help me with this? I've tried many times, but i can't get another values like pos, o lifebar data, or disable the videos, anyone has trying with this game? Or any other KOF game? The tables would have some similar values... or not? Thanks.
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#51  January 26, 2007, 07:59:38 pm
damn a year after this has been dealt with i had to come along and that artmoney link isnt working no more well not for me at least
#52  January 26, 2007, 08:17:48 pm
  • The Naota to TempesT's Haruko.
One issue: I tried what was posted about the 99 to 98 thing. I tried it, and I got no results when I searched. Killer Instinct is obviously a lot harder to get the info from XP. Can I please get some help?

Look for me on youtube. I am captainblue50.
#53  January 29, 2007, 03:29:09 pm
I know this is a double post, but I SERIOUSLY need to know how exactly to scroll thru character animations in Killer Instinct since I have no idea how to get the X-axis since the timer can't be found when I use the method in the guide.

#54  January 30, 2007, 11:24:34 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Focus your search on only one of the digits then.  Different games store values differently.  Searching for exact values isn't necessary and may give bad results.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#55  January 31, 2007, 02:47:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If by chance I can't find the timer on some games or the game does not have a timer *cough* Melty Blood *cough* I locate the X axis as default instead. Now we have a range to look in it shouldn't take too long to find.

I got an email asking for specifics on MVC2 ripping.
So I'll just quote my reply.
You can use anything I make without restriction. Feel free to add to my artmoney table and share it with others.
Below is my reminder text for ripping.

freeze value = 300

Anakaris Frame value to produce Black Screen 1198 then increase 2 values

154 & 111 are the #s needed to scale the characters correctly.

To rip do a super jump in the air, pause the game and set the Freeze Value to 300. Make sure to pick Anakaris for Player 2 and set his sprite value to 1198. You want to be on the clock stage so you can get a grey BG. Unpause the game.
Your character should be frozen in the air and the background should be gone. If the background is not gone try frame advancing P2 (Anakaris's) value 1 to 2 times.

Once you have your character frozen in the air with the bg removed you can start from 0 with player 1's value and frame advance till you run out of frames. Chankast will crash or lock up.

Turn it back on and repeat with another character. Please share anything you rip. And good luck.
#56  January 31, 2007, 04:26:54 pm
Focus your search on only one of the digits then.  Different games store values differently.  Searching for exact values isn't necessary and may give bad results.

Got both the X and Y axis along with the timer. However, it may take a while for me to scroll thru the animations since The Dreamslayer's explanation of how to do that left me :stars:

#57  February 09, 2007, 05:18:59 pm
Messatsu, would you be so kind as to help me? TDS left me confused, and you seem to know a ton of info when it comes to ArtMoney...

#58  February 09, 2007, 05:58:08 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Many games have animation values that increase between the idle animations and the attacks.  That might give you a clue.  To seperate some values from others, I'll say value didn't change on the crouch since it doesn't ever change until you let go of down.  I'll dl the game and try to get some values.

I got the animation value, but freezing it messes up the screen.  Getting this game to scroll through the animations might be more difficult than it's worth.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:45:17 pm by Messatsu
Messing with ArtMoney
#59  March 24, 2007, 06:29:06 pm
  • DAT SAX
I downloaded Artmoney to see if I could mess around with Destruction Desire but I'm having a hard time. I'm using the "Interactive Artmoney Tutorial...YAY!!" (lol) from Tips & Tutorials, but I'm having a hard time.

This game has no timer, like Melty Blood.

I select DD as the process. I search for Unknown values with custom integers of 2. I try to move my character to the right ONLY A LITTLE, pause the game, and then filter for when unknown values were increased, but I get...283386 values. There's no way I can find the X axis for this game in all of those values. Is there an easier way to do this?

If anyone wants to experiment with this (AWESOME) game, you can download it here:

http://www.instalki.pl/gry/download/bijatyki/Destraction_Desire.php

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Re: Messing with ArtMoney
#60  March 24, 2007, 06:39:12 pm
but I get...283386 values. There's no way I can find the X axis for this game in all of those values.
You have to do that several times in a row. And I mean several. Change it sometime : don't move and filter with unchanged values, etc.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.