Started by chuchoryu, September 05, 2014, 06:59:11 pm
Share this topic:

XCB

Re: SFZero Juri Han/CvS Juri Han 1.12
#21  September 06, 2014, 12:55:18 am
  • Proudly retired
    • USA
    • piiym.net
Good Job. I suggest you just say this is your own custom version(though I'm sure anyone downloading this should already know..) to suppress the cries for sf4 accuracy. First 2d Juri in mugen Kudos man keep at your own personal style dude.
As the MUGEN "big brother" of sorts, I feel I have a responsibility to address this. Having a personal style is fine and all, but a lot of the time, MUGEN creators tend to forget something very important when implementing such a thing. Something called "Core Gameplay".

It's fine if a character isn't 100% accurate, they should still retain the general feel of the character in question. An easy example of this is PotS: even with all the liberties he took, the character at its core still feels familiar - something that a lot of the people using his "style" have neglected. Making a character in a personal style should never be used as an excuse for a character not acting like it should. Ken does not play the same as Ryu. Iori does not play the same as Kyo. Little things do matter.
Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:01:35 am by XCB
#22  September 06, 2014, 01:20:10 am
  • tempus rerum imperator
    • seedzhao@jabber.org
chu, i must say, she´s interesting char...
i like this release, you have done a fine job here...

thank you!
#23  September 06, 2014, 02:31:11 am
  • I miss you so bad mon amour
    • Mexico
    • kai_de_aries@hotmail.com
Chuchoryu
here somes winquotes from the street fighter wikia for the next update of your juri:

- "Ha ha! You want me to make it hurt more?"
- "You're just not good enough. I can't feel a thing."
- "If you don't take this seriously, I'll have to kill you."
- "Gimme all you got. Try and break me."
- "You really like getting kicked, don't you?"
- "I'm sick of your games. Sick and tired."
- "You know, I'm not gonna let you off easy."
- "Damn! Fighting you is such a waste of time!"
- "Come on! You're not done already, are you?"
- "Ha ha ha ha ha! Did I hurt you?"
- "That felt good, didn't it?"
- "Ha ha ha ha ha! Weak! So weak!"
All the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
#24  September 06, 2014, 04:08:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
HELL YEAH!! It's out!! Thanks for the release Chucho! Can't wait for more improvements! :)

[youtube]UFpHxrK7HCI[/youtube]

hehe, this song... ;D

Sprites in Far Standing HP and Close HK have wrong colors on the pants(the lightest color). I also highly suggest playing the actual game before anymore updates if possible. Do you mind if other creators use your sprites?

Lmfao I might revamp those sprites. Sense he like taking my work without permission call it being even but helpingbat the same time lmao.. But I'll give feedback

Nice to see you guys interested in revamp the sprites. :)

Chuchoryu
here somes winquotes from the street fighter wikia for the next update of your juri:

- "Ha ha! You want me to make it hurt more?"
- "You're just not good enough. I can't feel a thing."
- "If you don't take this seriously, I'll have to kill you."
- "Gimme all you got. Try and break me."
- "You really like getting kicked, don't you?"
- "I'm sick of your games. Sick and tired."
- "You know, I'm not gonna let you off easy."
- "Damn! Fighting you is such a waste of time!"
- "Come on! You're not done already, are you?"
- "Ha ha ha ha ha! Did I hurt you?"
- "That felt good, didn't it?"
- "Ha ha ha ha ha! Weak! So weak!"

These winquotes is really nice!

@XCB
Awesome feedback you made bro. Hope that Chucho see this and serve as a main base for the next update.
#25  September 06, 2014, 04:27:53 am
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
You really can't make a character like this just by watching videos. Juri has a bunch of little nuances that you can only really discover by playing around with the character. I'll give you just a few issues I found from 2 minutes worth of testing.

Normals:
  • Standing MP is supposed to move a step forward on the first frame. It may seem like a little detail, but it's important gameplay wise as the move can be Kara-cancelled to extend her throw/special attack range a little
  • Jumping forward MP not only knocks down, it's supposed to put the opponent in a juggle state.
  • Close HP is also supposed to put to the opponent in a juggle state. Also, while it can be special cancelled, the move actually doesn't come out until her feet touch the ground.
  • Sekku (Forward+MK) should put her in the air after the second frame.

Specials:
  • Shikusen (Dive Kick): Each button is supposed to change her dive arc. I can do Second Impact, but where is Third Strike? The EX version has Third Strike, but where's the wall bounce? Not as important, but as of Ultra, Shikusen cannot be used from a backwards jump, but this is up to your discretion.
  • Senpusha(Pinwheel): LK is supposed to do 2 hits, MK/HK is supposed to do 4, and EX is supposed to do 6. MK and HK are supposed to knock down on the last hit. Startup of each version is different (LK version is fast enough to combo from a LP/LK, but MK/HK shouldn't work.)
  • Kasatushi(Counter): I'd suggest coding it as a ReversalDef instead of a HitOverride. EX version should be the HP version, except you can control her jump.
  • Fuhajin (Fireball): The biggest offense by far - YOU CAN'T STORE HER FIREBALLS. This is the attribute that makes Juri who she is and what makes her gameplay so unique. Also, the fireballs hitboxes are WAY too big. MK fireball should miss completely on crouching opponents.

Supers:
  • Fuharenjin (Fireball super): Each button changes how the super is performed. LK makes her stay in place. MK makes her more forward on the first kick. HK makes her flip backwards before executing the move.
  • Feng Shui Engine: To put it bluntly, Feng Shui engine is NOT Custom Combo. She's bound to a L-M-H combo path. It also changes the way some of her attacks work (her dash goes farther, Sekku has more hitstun, etc.)
  • Kaisen Dankairaku: After she leaves the ground, it should miss the opponent. It should also juggle falling opponents, which is the main use of the move. As much as people will hate me for saying this, it also executes way too fast. KD isn't a reversal super, but more along the lines of a "punish" super. It's not designed to save your ass, but to punish your opponent for making a mistake. Also the presentation is a bit.... bad.
Wow! this surprise me a lot, Juri Han need A LOT of work, for bad I never play SF4 (please see Im Mugen Maker chapter 0) I really like to play SFIV any version

Yes this is the plan updated, I never play SF4 games, I made this only watching videos

Wait a sec... you've never played SFIV?? That's kinda rare if you ask me!!
Yes I never play SF4 series game, please see Im Mugen Maker! chapter 0 I explain all in that video

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#26  September 06, 2014, 05:40:29 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
That explains a lot.

Seriously, if you've never played the game, why make the character? That seems like a pretty IMPORTANT first step.

Stick to sprites, make a pack, release it, and leave the coding to someone else. Dear LORD I can't believe this.
#27  September 06, 2014, 06:05:49 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
hey man, chill out, he can do whatever he wants. if he wants to code he can do that. wont make it good, but theres no rule against making a character without playing the game.
#28  September 06, 2014, 06:24:11 am
  • That sarcastic dude who makes stuff to the sake of
    • Canada
#29  September 06, 2014, 06:30:21 am
  • Because we are X-MEN
    • Austria
    • maddict94@mail.ru
Not to mention all moves involving her hopping doesn't make her hop. Standing HK, Close HP and F+MK all should be given Y-arc. Also, no throws. Super moves are also should get some work on them. For example, the same Fuharenjin. It supposed to throw 6 projectiles, 3 first, then skip and 2 more, and then skip and throw last. chuchoryu made them 5 to be thrown in perfect succesion.
chuchoryu need help, and you can provide it with me! Right now, i stuck on throw update, because i got no sprites on back throw.
Help me out with back throw by providing me sprites it, and you will be gived a credit for that. For further information visit: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/spritesheet-expansion-chuchoryu-162051.0.html
(This signature is made by my best friend recommendation)
#30  September 06, 2014, 06:45:26 am
  • Because we are X-MEN
    • Austria
    • maddict94@mail.ru
Street Fighter X Tek- oh wait, it's better to forget about that game, yeah.

Oh, and about SFXT, i've been told to suggest chuchoryu's to use her JAP voice from SFXT. It just sounds better.
chuchoryu need help, and you can provide it with me! Right now, i stuck on throw update, because i got no sprites on back throw.
Help me out with back throw by providing me sprites it, and you will be gived a credit for that. For further information visit: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/spritesheet-expansion-chuchoryu-162051.0.html
#31  September 06, 2014, 09:15:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Right, split off a bunch of off-topic shit.

Stay on topic. Only discuss the character; that's what these threads are for. Determining whether or not your post is off-topic or not is not fucking hard, c'mon guys.
#32  September 06, 2014, 10:08:58 am
  • Because we are X-MEN
    • Austria
    • maddict94@mail.ru

Stay on topic. Only discuss the character; that's what these threads are for. Determining whether or not your post is off-topic or not is not fucking hard, c'mon guys.
Thanks, really! But I don't think it will stop Jesus Zilla from flame. This is why off-topic started.

But hey, we can always force him to flame in the Flame Thread that is in All That's Left.
Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:36:01 am by @Marvel-aRika@
#33  September 06, 2014, 12:35:59 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
FINALLY!
Finally, Finally, FINNALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But where is Retsu? You told that they will be released in same time...
#34  September 06, 2014, 01:42:34 pm
FINALLY!
Finally, Finally, FINNALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But where is Retsu? You told that they will be released in same time...

And the 3 other girls that was suppose to be released with Juri.
But that's Chuchoryu for ya.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#35  September 06, 2014, 04:33:42 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html

them delete jesuzilla's post aswell, its not really a feedback, more like complaining about the character on a rude manner (specially that last part)
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#36  September 06, 2014, 11:57:58 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
Finallyyy  yay Im so happy   cant wait to Have New Updates and to see more of her    ...
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#37  September 07, 2014, 12:18:11 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Review
Sprites- 6/10 *Shading could be better and Animation could be better  cause missing a few frames a
Gameplay- 3/10- Decent but doesnt play all the way like juri cause the coding could be better....PLEASE NO MORE RUSHING ONLY DECENT CHARACTER I ACTUALLY HAVE IN MY MUGEN IS HIS KAZUYA!.. IF YOU CAN PUT MORE TIME INTO YOUR WORK LIKE KAZUYA I WOULD APPLAUD YOUR EFFORT..

AND PLEASE PLAY SF4 or SFXTK, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO JURI PLAY INSTEAD OF WATCHING RANDOM VIDEOS
;D there my feedback
#38  September 07, 2014, 01:28:31 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
PLEASE NO MORE RUSHING ONLY DECENT CHARACTER I ACTUALLY HAVE IN MY MUGEN IS HIS KAZUYA!.. IF YOU CAN PUT MORE TIME INTO YOUR WORK LIKE KAZUYA I WOULD APPLAUD YOUR EFFORT..

Believe me, he understand this. He told that the main focus now is to working/update Juri and after update the other Tekken chars.
#39  September 07, 2014, 08:32:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Thanks, really! But I don't think it will stop Jesus Zilla from flame. This is why off-topic started.

But hey, we can always force him to flame in the Flame Thread that is in All That's Left.
I don't think you were paying much attention to my post.

STAY ON TOPIC. DO NOT POST ABOUT THINGS OTHER THAN THE CHARACTER.
#40  September 07, 2014, 10:52:53 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
Lmfao I might revamp those sprites. Sense he like taking my work without permission call it being even but helpingbat the same time lmao.. But I'll give feedback
No need to ask if you need my Juri Han for make your Juri ypou can do it for me no problem, you have permission for use she and the all you need from all my chars mi amigo, remmember if I made is yours

You really can't make a character like this just by watching videos. Juri has a bunch of little nuances that you can only really discover by playing around with the character. I'll give you just a few issues I found from 2 minutes worth of testing.

Normals:
  • Standing MP is supposed to move a step forward on the first frame. It may seem like a little detail, but it's important gameplay wise as the move can be Kara-cancelled to extend her throw/special attack range a little
  • Jumping forward MP not only knocks down, it's supposed to put the opponent in a juggle state.
  • Close HP is also supposed to put to the opponent in a juggle state. Also, while it can be special cancelled, the move actually doesn't come out until her feet touch the ground.
  • Sekku (Forward+MK) should put her in the air after the second frame.

Specials:
  • Shikusen (Dive Kick): Each button is supposed to change her dive arc. I can do Second Impact, but where is Third Strike? The EX version has Third Strike, but where's the wall bounce? Not as important, but as of Ultra, Shikusen cannot be used from a backwards jump, but this is up to your discretion.
  • Senpusha(Pinwheel): LK is supposed to do 2 hits, MK/HK is supposed to do 4, and EX is supposed to do 6. MK and HK are supposed to knock down on the last hit. Startup of each version is different (LK version is fast enough to combo from a LP/LK, but MK/HK shouldn't work.)
  • Kasatushi(Counter): I'd suggest coding it as a ReversalDef instead of a HitOverride. EX version should be the HP version, except you can control her jump.
  • Fuhajin (Fireball): The biggest offense by far - YOU CAN'T STORE HER FIREBALLS. This is the attribute that makes Juri who she is and what makes her gameplay so unique. Also, the fireballs hitboxes are WAY too big. MK fireball should miss completely on crouching opponents.

Supers:
  • Fuharenjin (Fireball super): Each button changes how the super is performed. LK makes her stay in place. MK makes her more forward on the first kick. HK makes her flip backwards before executing the move.
  • Feng Shui Engine: To put it bluntly, Feng Shui engine is NOT Custom Combo. She's bound to a L-M-H combo path. It also changes the way some of her attacks work (her dash goes farther, Sekku has more hitstun, etc.)
  • Kaisen Dankairaku: After she leaves the ground, it should miss the opponent. It should also juggle falling opponents, which is the main use of the move. As much as people will hate me for saying this, it also executes way too fast. KD isn't a reversal super, but more along the lines of a "punish" super. It's not designed to save your ass, but to punish your opponent for making a mistake. Also the presentation is a bit.... bad.
Wow! Juri Han have a lot of variations in his moves, I take note but really I need to play SFIV Super SFIV version for Juri Han XD
Please watch this video I explain the reason why I never play SF4 version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syd8Pe8uieU#

Glad to hear you put a little more effort into her release good luck with future updates
Thanks, the work in Juri Han is just only beggining mi amigo...and for Rufus

Sprites in Far Standing HP and Close HK have wrong colors on the pants(the lightest color). I also highly suggest playing the actual game before anymore updates if possible. Do you mind if other creators use your sprites?
Yes she need a lot of upgrades, color separation in his hair and in the glooves

Very nice char!
Some feedback:
- If I stand at the right distance and press "b" repeatedly, I can combo her far medium kick up 10-14 times and do a TON of damage...
- Her walking clns are too big
- During Fuhaijin she has no blue clns and the projectile clns are way too big

I nee to try this interesting bug mi amigo, thanks for the feedback, really I need much this feedbacks mis amigos

Do you mind if other creators use your sprites?
I don't think he does. He didn't mind when he used other people's stuff, or when Human updated his Seth. People should knock themselves out.

Felo_Llop, I use his Walking and the crounching sprites the others I made all using captures from You Tube

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu