YesNoOk

The MVC:E project is reborn! (Read 63570 times)

Started by lui, September 23, 2016, 01:54:48 am
Share this topic:

lui

The MVC:E project is reborn!
#1  September 23, 2016, 01:54:48 am
    • USA
Hi guys! I know it's been awhile since this project got an update and that it looked dead, that's pretty much due to my RL taking up my time nowadays!

BUT FEAR NOT. THIS PROJECT ISNT DEAD. atleast, not yet.

I have restarted the entire thing and am no longer re-making the entire MVC2 cast. Why? Primarily due to myself wanting to distance the project away from the source game, if you guys want the entire MVC2 cast re-made for Mugen look no further than here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/marvel-vs-capcom-2-characters-project-iron-man-released-176156.0.html

due to REDHOT's thread existing (Which is a good thing btw) I've decided to go with my own, customized roster which I will be updating you about shortly.

Not only is the roster completely different, the aesthetics are too, mouser's stuff is still the source code but the mvc2 fx and overall theme has been scrapped.

Stages will be another discussion and so will the screenpack, but for now, this project is being re-made from the ground up. I will post more as time goes on!

Stay Tuned!
Re: The MVC:E project is reborn!
#2  September 23, 2016, 03:50:57 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Good luck and wish you the best! I wonder what new things you have in mind for the project.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#3  September 23, 2016, 04:15:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just out of curiosity couldn't you and REDHOT join forces? You could help him on issues he may have and focus on adding characters not in the 55 he'll be making?

No reason you can't do your own thing if you wanted but if you still liked the MVC2 approach from earlier joining together may be the best idea.

lui

#4  September 23, 2016, 04:42:44 am
    • USA
i could always just update the characters who werent included in the source game (thor and such) and send it to him as "bonus" characters for him to finish up. my stuff will use mouser's coding so i could always just remove the tag system and send him the characters I do for him to finish off (reverse-engineering if you will), other than that i don't plan to intervene with REDHOT's stuff as much as I did with DW13 in the past.

regarding the mvc2 approach, the more that i distanced myself from the said approach the more happier I actually am with my work, I was always irked by the fact that i couldn't get source-accurate stuff anytime soon so doing things my way seemed alot better for me, creatively too.
#5  September 23, 2016, 04:54:34 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
And I'm also updating the fighters in the MvC2 SBP with AI patches so that too could be a help and add a nice regular challenge. The AI coding I use don't use variables so it won't interfere with the current coding.
#6  September 23, 2016, 04:55:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
i could always just update the characters who werent included in the source game (thor and such) and send it to him as "bonus" characters for him to finish up. my stuff will use mouser's coding so i could always just remove the tag system and send him the characters I do for him to finish off (reverse-engineering if you will), other than that i don't plan to intervene with REDHOT's stuff as much as I did with DW13 in the past.

regarding the mvc2 approach, the more that i distanced myself from the said approach the more happier I actually am with my work, I was always irked by the fact that i couldn't get source-accurate stuff anytime soon so doing things my way seemed alot better for me, creatively too.

Understood. Getting source accuracy can be a bitch. You still going to ball park the timings so they feel right?
#7  September 23, 2016, 05:05:04 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Glad to see that project has reborn :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#8  September 23, 2016, 05:15:09 am
    • USA
Understood. Getting source accuracy can be a bitch. You still going to ball park the timings so they feel right?

pretty much yeah, i have a good idea of how the timings should be so i don't think that will be a problem.

the fx in question will be the good ol' classic cps2 stuff as well :)
#9  September 23, 2016, 05:16:03 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nice to see some more old school fx love. I always preferred it to the CVS ones myself.

lui

#10  September 23, 2016, 05:19:23 am
    • USA
the roster will also be alot smaller and more focused this time around.

i won't be including that much sf or x-men characters this time around either
#11  September 23, 2016, 05:21:15 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
This also means the hyper portraits will get a different pattern than the MvC2 & 1?
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#12  September 23, 2016, 05:28:50 am
    • USA
i probably will keep those, ill polish em up and stuff, you worked hard on em so i don't want them to go to waste!
#13  September 23, 2016, 03:40:02 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Keep me informed on what you need from me.

I love hearing about new projects!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#14  September 23, 2016, 07:42:02 pm
    • Mexico

Is there any chance that Hawkeye will get included? That was what interested me the most about this project back then.
Anyways, it's cool to see this revived. Knowing that there won't be too many X-Men is something to be happy about (I never liked that about MvC2).

lui

#15  September 24, 2016, 12:31:44 am
    • USA
i will say nothing about the roster until the time is right :)

ryu is there though, obviously lol
#16  September 24, 2016, 12:35:18 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Now we are off to a good footing.

Anything Capcom related that I make/edit, you are more than welcome to utilize for your own purposes. :)

This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#17  September 24, 2016, 02:26:54 am
    • USA
#18  September 24, 2016, 02:42:46 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I was wondering... are you planning to use some sort of new lifebars or something? I was thinking if you was thinking of a new lifebar, I got an idea that may or may not work for it... I'm brainstorming it myself and see how it'll fit.

lui

#19  September 24, 2016, 02:52:31 am
    • USA
im using nestor's as placeholders for now, if you have ideas shoot me a pm
#20  September 24, 2016, 03:52:17 am
So I see it's going to use CPS2 stuff, is the game gonna be 6 buttons now?