YesNoOk

Ryu banner (Read 2651 times)

Started by Leon Belmont, October 11, 2007, 03:37:14 am
Ryu banner
#1  October 11, 2007, 03:37:14 am
I liked the base image and I wanted to try fractal brushes (never used them too much before). Too bad in the end you can barely see my brushwork because I ended up not liking it and resorted to a soft light layer so I didn't see it that much. =x I don't like where I put the text, but I generally suck with text. And I don't know why I put my name there, it's so obvious it makes it ugly. And I got lazy with the border. Oh well, first try at photoshop in a while. =\

And it's too big for a sig.

Proof I actually did it .. you know.
Re: Ryu banner
#2  October 11, 2007, 03:50:07 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The limit size for sigs is 150x500, so yours is legit. :P

Why do people always feel like they have to prove they did the work, especially for a sig ? >_<

Anyway, it's not bad, but there's a contrast a bit too big between the left side (lots of effects and light, contrast,etc.) and the right (dark, boring, almost "dirty").
Concerning the other comments... you already did a pretty good analyse of what I think about the text. ;P (Why writing Ryu ? As if people didn't know it was Ryu !)
#3  October 11, 2007, 04:20:55 am
Okay so I got rid of text completely because it looks cleaner without it. Got rid of the annoying huge amount of contrast, its still there but it's not so bad, made it look like the Hadouken is a kamehameha (with the lighting on Ryu) and made the sig smaller so there isn't an annoying black patch on the right. And like you said, who can't tell its Ryu.

#4  October 11, 2007, 04:22:55 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Try gradient maps for adding color :P

Its simple really... even though the stock's natural effects surround it nicely, they werent really made by you. Overall, its a good start if its your first, it by all means doesn't look bad.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#5  October 11, 2007, 04:28:15 am
Yeah, you can probably say it was just an 'enhancement' or something. I didn't really add much. I was planning to but it didn't work out so well so I just didn't care afterwards.

Thanks for the input.
#6  October 11, 2007, 04:32:55 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Is it ok if I have the stock?
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#7  October 11, 2007, 04:35:54 am
By stock you mean the original image? Here