YesNoOk

MvC3-esque Faux-Gouki-Rugal alpha (Read 2518 times)

Started by Rolento, August 24, 2011, 02:32:34 am
Share this topic:
MvC3-esque Faux-Gouki-Rugal alpha
#1  August 24, 2011, 02:32:34 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
This project is not a Gouki, nor is it a Rugal. I wouldn't even peg it as an Asura as I'm currently aiming to break the shotoesque direction that other characters with that name have already adopted.

Working with Marcanv's set of the odd fusion shown at the end of CvS2, and currently modding it to fit within a MvC3 like gameplay format. Current link below is the current alpha build which has a functional set of basics as well as an Ashura Warp. Other specials/supers are still currently leftovers from KFM base, which includes a botched light kung fu palm that I accidentally removed a trigger for letting it get done anywhere. Hah.

http://irwt.smeenet.org/download/faux-gouki-rugal-beta.rar

Currently trying to think of the best way to rework what's available spritewise into a move set that isn't cookie cutter versions of the original two characters. Here's the current ideas on the dartboard:
- Projectile: Hey, can't completely reinvent the wheel here.
- Equivalent to Guy's QCF+k set: Have FGR run forward with further buttons having him either stop, slide in with an attack, clothesline, or do Gouki's Hyakki Shuu stomp from CvS2. Stomp will be able to OTG, and toying around with the idea of slide getting an additional follow up of a Genocide Cutter. Think one of Adel's DMs as example.
- Command throw: Close range grab that if successful has FGR leap with the opponent, hurl them downwards, and then follow up with an air fireball for added injury. If the latter part doesn't get done, may opt for some wall bounce potential perhaps.
- Reworked Misogi: Borrow an idea from Oni with a leap into a quick downward slash. Might be fun to instead make this a replacement to the standard anti-air with some follow ups, starting with a rising knee strike that could go into a downward chop, genocide cutter finisher, or some third currently undecided option.

[Edit: Added pretty picture.]
Re: MvC3-esque Faux-Gouki-Rugal alpha
#2  August 24, 2011, 04:48:35 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
ok i tried this character out and here's my feedback:

-2 specials and one super move have kfm spriteswaps
-he can't be able to chain air combos because he does them too quickly so it will be a 2 and barely a 3 hit air combo, if it's mvc3 accurate it is

it's ok, but at least his punches and kicks aren't kfm spriteswaps thank goodness
#3  August 24, 2011, 04:49:00 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Are you incapable of reading?
#4  August 24, 2011, 04:50:11 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#5  August 24, 2011, 04:50:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yeah, looks like you can't read because he said it was a barebones alpha in the opening post.
#6  August 24, 2011, 05:48:15 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
-he can't be able to chain air combos because he does them too quickly so it will be a 2 and barely a 3 hit air combo, if it's mvc3 accurate it is
Might have something to do with the modified air.hittime settings. Could have accidentally made it more restrictive than intended; messing with the values there some more. Also yes, this is an early version thus the KFM leftovers as previously mentioned. Trying to work out kinks in combo system, think of moveset, etc.

GOH

#7  August 24, 2011, 10:37:54 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Quick question, since I can't try it atm. Are you going to use the animations that Marancv did in which Asura's face splits into Gouki/Rugal when he's getting hit?
#8  August 24, 2011, 11:46:24 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
A (the launcher kick) is an infinite!
#9  August 24, 2011, 03:24:47 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
It isn't an infinite. It's recoverable at the peak.

If you use j.a on a launched opponent and you are jumping towards them (not a neutral jump), Not-Asura will teleport right next to the grounded opponent.
Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:36:34 pm by Stupid Sexy Hazama
#10  August 24, 2011, 04:09:33 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Quick reply as I am just about to head off to work.
- Launcher recovers at the top, so not infinite.
- Knew I wasn't seeing things with the downhit version of j.a! Having some issues getting this to consistently show up at the moment, but it will be addressed.
- Yes, using those gethit frames as I have no other ones to work with.
#11  August 24, 2011, 05:33:29 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#12  August 25, 2011, 12:32:47 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
In state 10612, you're using a changeanim2 to anim 5160. However, you defined this anim by using sprite 5040,1. This sprite is not a required one (5040,0/10/20 are), so a few characters will disappear when sent to this custom state.
Either use another sprite, or use a changeanim instead of changeanim2.
#13  August 25, 2011, 01:07:11 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Cybaster: Noted and adjusted accordingly. Changeanim should suffice in this case.

Think I may have figured out the j.a issue, but I am trying a few things to see if it is specific to any area on the screen. Based on what I've seen so far, seems it is likely that I have been a tad careless with the screenbound which causes FGR to basically reappear on screen if he goes too far to the left or right of the action back on the ground.
#14  September 09, 2011, 05:14:24 am
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com
Hi!

I just released the regular gethits pack. Hope you find it handy

Thanks for working with Asura sprites, and good luck!

Thanks, Buckus.
#15  September 10, 2011, 02:27:54 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Marancv: Thanks, these should come in handy.

No new shots just this second, but I believe it can be said that the j.a downhit issue is fixed for the time being and the animation issue Cybaster mentioned earlier was fixed. Currently looking for some effects that aren't the standard CvS set that current takes on this character have tossed in and fit better with the current playstyle. Also looking through videos to try and see about making some pixel versions of hitsparks from MvC3 just for personal amusement.