YesNoOk

Bison-Possessed Ryu (Muteki) (Read 29044 times)

Started by Molly Ancälimè, October 01, 2013, 01:33:25 am
Share this topic:
Bison-Possessed Ryu (Muteki)
#1  October 01, 2013, 01:33:25 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
    • http://chao.hippotank.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27292&sid=9c7042a44cb3142e4e3116dee684bedc
Some of you remember Marancv's old Muteki WIP, right? I'm going to be picking that up, though I know nothing about coding and have no plans to learn, too time-consuming for me between my job and housework. For now I'm just going to sprite him and see what happens. He might be in the Special Operations project if the leader likes the idea but I haven't gotten a response, might not be. Either way I hope to have him coded in Spec Ops style.

He will have fifteen specials (four air) and ten supers (two air) which is about as many as I THINK Sevil Nahte and Dark Bolt have.

I'll post more when I have more time.
Sen nen hayain da yo!
Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:12:34 am by Kaizaran
Re: Muteki
#2  October 01, 2013, 01:47:53 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

u know, i knew that sprite looks familiar it's m.bison with ryu's head, right?
#3  October 01, 2013, 04:29:14 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
    • http://chao.hippotank.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27292&sid=9c7042a44cb3142e4e3116dee684bedc
That's right.

Here's the list of specials.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And the list of supers.

Special Intros
Sen nen hayain da yo!
Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:11:13 am by Kaizaran
#4  October 01, 2013, 04:42:02 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I would go with a Bison/Vega Warp instead of the Asura-Warp considering it's Vega controlling Ryu's body, so he'd be more inclined to use M. Bison's moves, as Bison is the dominant personailty ...

Also, let me know if you need help doing additional head-swaps ... Umihei's SF3 Vega has sprites of Bison doing a Dive-Kick and a Shoryuken in the folder you could possibly refrence in making some of the sprites for his moves ...
#5  October 02, 2013, 01:17:07 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
I appreciate the offer, but for now all I need is a good VA that can pull off a voice that's like the combined voices of Bison and Evil Ryu and a S.O. style coder.

Updated list with Supers and Special Intros, replaced Fist Flurry with Bison Warp. Keeping Ashura Warp because there can be a few good warp-chain strategies that way, and I'm basically using those two as rolls anyway.
I added a lot of non-SO intros because they aren't that hard to make, generally, aside from dialogue intros. And I can see some interesting reactions to Muteki from the listed characters, especially Rose and Gouken.
Sen nen hayain da yo!
Re: Bison-Possessed Ryu (Muteki)
#6  October 02, 2013, 03:50:40 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
Double post but why the hell not in the name of a quick update? I finished the Tatsumaki.

As we can see here, Bison has put his own spin [hee hee] on the move. Next up is either Inverted Tatsumaki, or Shinkuu versions of them or Hadouken.
Sen nen hayain da yo!
#7  October 03, 2013, 01:36:08 am
    • France
    • duracelleurxmugen.blogspot.fr/
#8  October 03, 2013, 02:05:20 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
Wow, man, thanks a ton! That slices my workload into like, a quarter of what it was.

So I guess now I'll just be finishing the specials, supers, intros and the remainder of Duracelleur's animations. Wow ^_^ The world may see Muteki yet!

What do you guys think about the headband? It's no trouble to remove it, I just want to know if you guys think he should keep it as a token of his victory or something.
Sen nen hayain da yo!
#9  October 03, 2013, 08:19:58 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Ah cool to see someone finishing this project, I was kinda dissapointed when I heard it was dead. Good luck with that.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#10  October 03, 2013, 05:25:06 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I'd remove it and maybe add Bison's cap.
#11  October 03, 2013, 05:31:13 pm
  • SNK is life
If you add Bison's cap, he'd look straight up like Bison :P
#12  October 03, 2013, 05:40:33 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I say remove it to symbolize bison's victory over him.
#13  October 03, 2013, 08:04:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Cool project
I'll suggest you to go without cap and without headband.
So it's Ryu body, but no sign of his past.
Also, the cap would be too bison-ish. To recognize Ryu, his head have to be "uncaped"

Do you have idea for his voiceset?

BTW your work is nice, Dura!
#14  October 03, 2013, 08:07:41 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I would keep the headband, it makes animations more interesting and keeps that Ryu nostalgia intact. There is already so much Bison and so little Ryu as is.
Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:18:50 pm by ink
#15  October 03, 2013, 10:48:24 pm
  • SNK is life
We could be discussing this all day, but I think a poll in the opening post would be better to prevent polluting the thread :P

#16  October 04, 2013, 12:13:10 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
Added poll to OP.
I myself voted for take it off during intro, as it could just be one of his randomized intros.

Working right now on changing the hair color of Dura's work and removing the headband. Thanks a ton, man!
Sen nen hayain da yo!
#17  October 04, 2013, 12:52:09 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
He might be in the Special Operations project, might not be.
Sorry but...I don't know what you are talking about.
#18  October 04, 2013, 01:11:36 am
  • Kakugo wa ii yo ne?
    • UK
On the Power Gear thread, Muteki was in the list of suggestions, and he was well recieved, so I said, hey I'll go ahead and start making him and if O Ilusionista likes it then he can be in, if not then he can be a special ops style char.

I actually planned on editing the OP to say pretty much that, but I didn't have the time for it when I had posted that and it slipped my mind. Since you're here though, what do you think?
Sen nen hayain da yo!
Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:15:28 am by Kaizaran
#19  October 04, 2013, 05:18:18 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Sevil is the souless body of M.Bison/Vega on the history, his soul was transfered to another body (secret). About the Muteki, I neither like the idea neither think it will fit (its CVS sprites, they are skinner than MVC ones), sorry. I will contact Ethan about it, but I personally am against this idea. But thanks for the suggestions.

But continue your char as a stand alone char, it have some potential.
#20  October 04, 2013, 05:28:37 pm
  • SNK is life
I agree. Marancv's original idea wasn't the SpecOps storyline, but more like other, more canon oriented what ifs, like Asura being God Rugal's what if ending.

This will make a great standalone char within the CVS/SF expanded mythos, and it doesn't need to stick to other fan games to be successful :P

(no offense to O Ilu's game, don't get me wrong)