YesNoOk

Learning to edit sprites with Falco from Fox. (Read 19625 times)

Started by Magnazard, March 14, 2017, 08:10:56 pm
Share this topic:
Learning to edit sprites with Falco from Fox.
#1  March 14, 2017, 08:10:56 pm
  • Laziest Birdman
  • Snarky quotation here
    • UK
Started a sprite edit of Fox McCloud - who I'm pretty sure is a sprite edit of Sion Eltnam Atlasia - to transform him into Falco Lombardi. For a small project for a friend, to be done by this Thursday - and I'd never seen any Falcos with non-chibi sprites, so I used this as a way to finally get the job done myself.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Relatively simple process of editing the muzzle, ears and tail across all of his sprites. Admittedly I've been cutting corners and ignoring a few animations to get this done by the time I need to, though I plan on going back and finishing these anims at a later date.

Pretty much everything except attack anims is done now, so I'll likely have this done by the end of the week at the latest. B)

This is my first time making a sprite edit, so I decided to do something relatively simple and almost like a simple paint job. Sprites at first looked rather cruddy but improved in quality as I went through the process of making them.

In short, learning to sprite edit with a relatively simple sprite edit of Falco to look similar to Chotto-Komaru's Fox.
Re: Learning to edit sprites with Falco from Fox.
#2  March 15, 2017, 02:13:16 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
A properly sized Falco??
Sir/ma'am/other, you are doing God's work here.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#3  March 15, 2017, 02:22:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you have animations completed you need to show us at least 3 for this to stay in Sprite Projects.
#4  March 15, 2017, 04:33:31 am
  • Laziest Birdman
  • Snarky quotation here
    • UK
If you have animations completed you need to show us at least 3 for this to stay in Sprite Projects.

Ah, sure, let me post a few. It's all my bad, I must've missed that part. Regardless, I hope these're adequate.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
They're animated .GIFs, but if you'd like me to post them as frame-by-frame please LMK and I'll just edit this post.

Running anim, starting anim and heavy attack anim from left to right, heavy attack anim is somewhat inspired by his forward smash attack from the Super Smash Bros. games.

A properly sized Falco??
Sir/ma'am/other, you are doing God's work here.

Hehehe, thanks! I just wanted something out there that people could improve on, because tbh as a huge Falco fan I was kind of sick of seeing those iffy chibi MMX-styled sprite edits being used for so many different Falcos.
#5  March 15, 2017, 05:29:18 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
It's looking decent...

...I wonder if somebody will do the unthinkable: Make Peppy and Slippy be fighters so we could get the Team complete.
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#6  March 15, 2017, 07:01:49 pm
  • Laziest Birdman
  • Snarky quotation here
    • UK

It's looking decent...

...I wonder if somebody will do the unthinkable: Make Peppy and Slippy be fighters so we could get the Team complete.

Decent is good enough for me, since it's my first time doing something, anything that's better than bad is a compliment LOL. Peppy and Slippy aren't on the agenda for me right now (I have plans after Falco, though) but something about a setplay-zonerish Slippy sounds fun to do.