YesNoOk

ShugenDo Developer Blog (Read 90225 times)

Started by SakirSoft, May 13, 2009, 06:01:00 pm
Re: ShugenDo Developer Blog
#41  June 11, 2009, 04:35:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What's all the fuss about PC port.To be honest I can care less about a PC port, I rather see new features from the suggestions before any kind of port. BEcause when I think about it, right now it's still the same old standard mugen when it comes to features as of now. What's the point in me going through the trouble playing it on PC. Ports should come last. But, it's saki project so much respect in what you decides to do.

But thats just me.
#42  June 11, 2009, 04:41:30 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
PC port?...
#43  June 11, 2009, 07:21:19 pm
    • Poland
Let's do not forget that, before making port  to something Sakir need bought it. I can't imagine that he could buy PS2, PS3, XBOX, WII etc just only to make ports.

I can be wrong, but he choosed to make PSP port so soon, to test how it would be work on different machine than PC. I asked about ports and he have plans to make them but this is far future. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far I know, some ports will be done. When ? No idea, but don't expect it very soon especially, because it's still WIP so overall compatibility, stability and funcionality will be improved.

I rather would like to see new features, or increased compatibility with Mugen stuff. Ports will be useless if engine will have bugs. That remind's me the fact, Bug Section on MFG wasn't used for long time. I'm wonder why...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#44  June 11, 2009, 07:43:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
That's why I said he should not waste time coding a pc port.
#45  June 11, 2009, 08:30:02 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Hmmm, I think I should try that. I wonder if its possible to play on the PS2.
It's possible on anything.  Problem is you run into hardware limitations the older the hardware is.

I'm more about making characters work correctly in this god-foresaken bug-ridden program.
Mugen or ShugenDo?  Mugen's code base does not have enough to properly emulate fighting games.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

Ashurex

#46  June 11, 2009, 10:20:03 pm
honestly, I play mugen on the computer. I own a PSP so Im not rejecting the idea of ShugenDo on the PSP.
#47  June 11, 2009, 10:56:40 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
What's all the fuss about PC port.To be honest I can care less about a PC port, I rather see new features from the suggestions before any kind of port. BEcause when I think about it, right now it's still the same old standard mugen when it comes to features as of now. What's the point in me going through the trouble playing it on PC. Ports should come last. But, it's saki project so much respect in what you decides to do.

But thats just me.

The most important part of the engine is stability and right working.
ShugenDo has alot of new feature to offer. I post some vids about them on Youtube in the past.
But those are experimentations and not yet ready for the public yet. No one will care about a feature which is not working right.
Or about a new feature with a bugged engine.

In the last time i worked hard on bug fixing the core of ShugenDo which include the mugen compatibility.
Its important to have a bug free core engine before you can introduce new stuff. And thanks to beta testers like Jarek i was able to improve ShugenDo alot.
Just look at the changelog from beta 162 to beta 309 and you can see how much get fixed.

Currently most bugs are very small and comsetic stuff right now. And alot of bugs are coused by faulty cns files which can be easy fixed.
I am quite happy with how the compatibilty increased. You will see it in the next release.
Btw one of the big feature/change is the corrd system. ShugenDo will get rid off the static screen coords of Mugen.
Where the char is allways between -160 and 160.

I saw the question "Why a PSP port?". Its to show the possibility and the reality of it. Do not worry the PSP port is not that
time consuming becouse my code base is easy to port.
I am also working on the Net code of ShugenDo and have send some stuff to my beta testers.

Btw Jarek mentioned a good point. Some of you do not like the bugs in ShugenDo. Yeah me too.
You can help in testing your creations. The author will know the best how it works and how it has to work in ShugenDo.
Most time i have to understand what the code wants to do.  It would go faster if the author could tell me where to look at.

I will continue looking and posting to this thread.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com

Ashurex

#48  June 11, 2009, 11:46:07 pm
alright, I guess I could test it. besides, I haven't played MUGEN in 3 months.
#49  June 12, 2009, 12:44:36 am
  • DAT SAX
I'm more about making characters work correctly in this god-foresaken bug-ridden program.
Mugen or ShugenDo?  Mugen's code base does not have enough to properly emulate fighting games.

I'm talking about making characters work as they do in MUGEN, which XNAMugen is currently doing much better than ShugenDo and is even less active.

But I know I just did a baaaaaaaaaaad ting [sic] so let's not talk about clone wars.

Point is characters (especially mine) are really broken in ShugenDo right now.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#50  June 12, 2009, 02:56:02 am
    • Poland
I'm talking about making characters work as they do in MUGEN, which XNAMugen is currently doing much better than ShugenDo and is even less active.

Even if this is true so what ? From what I've seen on Guild XNAMugen get MUCH more bug reports  and overall support than ShugenDo. I didn't complain before, but since you mention it... You can't expect from creator of engine who is busy enough to test all chars and fix every bug in every character. If you post reports at least about your chars, it will be get fixed eventually. All bugs (who was fixable ATM) are now fixed, so you can't say that Sakir do not care about compatibility. Still it wouldn't be possible without our support, because without reports there will be less bugfixing = less mugen compatibility.

And last thing. XNAMugen is a mugen CLONE. ShugenDo emulate mugen formats, but have much bigger ambitions than emulate every code that is in Mugen.

Ok, point taken. Now post all bugs in your characters and they will be fixed hopefully (if they are because ShugenDo flaws).
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#51  June 12, 2009, 06:31:52 am
  • DAT SAX
Can't. Pixel shader 0.0 and my dad doesn't want me on his computer. >:P:

My MUGEN shit:
#52  June 12, 2009, 11:49:11 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com

But I know I just did a baaaaaaaaaaad ting [sic] so let's not talk about clone wars.

Comparing ShugenDo and XnaMugen is not easy to do and i would avoid it.
Because they have a different char set for testing. You will notice that some chars are working better in xnaMugen and
some other in ShugenDo.
The same chars will not even load on the one engine and will work great at the other engine.

That enough for comprarism.
Btw why do you say that ShugenDo is not good. Did you test it?

www.sakirsoft.com
#53  June 12, 2009, 01:57:58 pm
  • DAT SAX
I tested my characters with the last build, and my characters were hardly even playable.

I don't know about the current build, as I can't test it ATM.

My MUGEN shit:
#54  June 12, 2009, 08:23:03 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
I tested my characters with the last build, and my characters were hardly even playable.

Until now i did not test one of your creations. Ok right they were unplayable.
After an houer of searching i fixed some bugs and your tronBonne is playable in ShugenDo now.
The rootdist trigger was not working like in mugen.
As you can see fixes do not take long as soon as i have infos.

I am also working on a shader less version of ShugenDo but i really recommend a at least Shader 2.0 card.

Btw how does you ai activation code works? I see that some where you set var(58) = 1. Currently the AI of tronBonne is activation some times

www.sakirsoft.com
Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:26:20 pm by SakirSoft

Ashurex

#55  June 13, 2009, 02:56:49 am
Are you saying that we should create characters specifically for ShugenDo? If so, I wouldnt mind making a simple character specially for ShugenDo.
#56  June 13, 2009, 03:01:03 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I think you need to stop posting in the engine forum section, lad. :kid:

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.

Ashurex

#57  June 13, 2009, 03:12:54 am
I think you need to stop posting in the engine forum section, lad. :kid:
Ouch. I mean, i may not know what coding or whats needed to create a 2D fighting engine but you can help me. Dont leave me in the dark. Teach me.
#58  June 13, 2009, 11:01:10 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com

Until now i did not test one of your creations. Ok right they were unplayable.
After an houer of searching i fixed some bugs and your tronBonne is playable in ShugenDo now.
The rootdist trigger was not working like in mugen.
As you can see fixes do not take long as soon as i have infos.

I am also working on a shader less version of ShugenDo but i really recommend a at least Shader 2.0 card.

Btw how does you ai activation code works? I see that some where you set var(58) = 1. Currently the AI of tronBonne is activation some times

I figured out and ai is not randomly activating anymore. You tronBonne is playable now. Not 100% but playable.
www.sakirsoft.com
#59  June 13, 2009, 12:12:56 pm
  • DAT SAX
Good to hear. Think you could try out Burai and Barns as well, as they were big troublemakers, too?

My MUGEN shit:
#60  June 13, 2009, 04:15:36 pm
to be honest saki, what's the point in trying to get this old mugen characters to work with shugendo. Just my opinion but since shugendo is going to support sprites like png and hi res stages/chars, and have features like zoom in and out,and wide screen. Why not just request everyone to make new characters and new stages. For god sake,shugendo is a new engine,what's the point in people trying to get their recycled characters/stages to work?  That way you don't have to waste a year trying to get old outdated characters to work,especially when noone truly going to care about the old chars  after seeing the the uptodate characters made specifically for shugendo.

To sum it up, I think people should make characters/stages specifically for shugendo. Hell, the majority of the mugen characters & stages are low res and glitchy & broken anyways. Either way it goes people trying to slide by with a simple conversion isn't going to cut it. That's just plain laziness.

Good job saki with the psp port. But I have to agree with some of the fellas when they said psp/ netplay should come last after most of the suggestions are done. Ports, and especially netplay should come last after engine is complete enough , that it will be worth buying a psp to play shugendo.

Good job saki, you're the best.  :sugoi:
Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:06:00 pm by JaseSRK