YesNoOk

Satsuki - Updated: 12/30/10 (Read 18768 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, December 29, 2010, 01:30:04 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: Satsuki
#21  December 29, 2010, 09:45:45 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
80% of Rajaa's characters are les femmes.
#22  December 30, 2010, 01:40:00 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
That doesn't mean this is true
Silly Kohaku, making male characters which are not of Indian descent is against Rajaa's principles.  :toffgoi:

There was that Rajaa Ryo from awhile back.
#23  December 30, 2010, 04:02:14 am
  • Recreation
#24  December 30, 2010, 05:23:44 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
And as I lose against MvC2 and MB characters with highly aggresive AI, I think to myself.

"I might have won.  If I had chain combos.  Well, I always have Lilith for those."

Delicious not so standard standards.  Honestly, after playing with her, and all your other characters for a while, they really were more fun with chain combos.  I mean, you don't like them and all, but why not give us an optional setting/cns/cmd?  I mean, some loser a while back stole someone's character, and gave her chain combos for the heck of it, and he knew squat; how much effort would it take, really?
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#25  December 30, 2010, 05:38:19 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
then he'd have to recode damage scaling and such for the added comboability...it's actually quite complicated to implement it the way he woul dWANT it to be.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#26  December 30, 2010, 06:47:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I wanna say he's a guy, honestly.
The voice kinda sounds like it.
#27  December 30, 2010, 07:12:54 am
  • Recreation
And as I lose against MvC2 and MB characters with highly aggresive AI
That's probably why it's better to have an entire roster of combo friendly characters if you're going to go that route.
Of course I have no clue how well MvC2 and MB characters will fit aside from easy combos.
#28  December 30, 2010, 09:49:36 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
#29  December 30, 2010, 10:15:15 am
    • Thailand
And as I lose against MvC2 and MB characters with highly aggresive AI, I think to myself.

"I might have won.  If I had chain combos.  Well, I always have Lilith for those."

Delicious not so standard standards.  Honestly, after playing with her, and all your other characters for a while, they really were more fun with chain combos.  I mean, you don't like them and all, but why not give us an optional setting/cns/cmd?  I mean, some loser a while back stole someone's character, and gave her chain combos for the heck of it, and he knew squat; how much effort would it take, really?

Of course you lost, my characters don't have chain combos, and I won't be adding them, but I'll be nice and tell you how you can add them and prevent forest fires!

Implementing chain combo is easy, yes. My chaining works with variables if you study my .cmd and statedef -3.  In the statedef -3, var(2) and var(3) manage chaining from normal to special, and var(4) and var(5) manage chaining from normal to super. Var(6) manages chaining from special to super.

Spoiler: A Tutorial Just for You (click to see content)

That should help you if you're willing to put in the small amount of time this takes. It can't be that hard to implement chaining. That doesn't even address damage dampening, but my damage dampener is elastic so it should balance itself out, anyway. :llama:

This is a template for all of my characters, but I can't guarantee that it will work 100% correctly because some characters change states during some normals and that will activate the limiter, if you come to that problem, let me know and I'll give you the necessary info to fix it.

Can we expect this Melty Blood character to be made after a non MB character is made?
I don't know, actually. I might just toss another type of character out in-between. ;)

:flipout:
:beam:

As for my choice of characters. It depends not on the sex, race, or anything else, it depends on whether I feel like creating the character. It seems I do have a tendency to create females, though, which I guess means that I like the style of many female fighting game characters. =p

And Amingo is a male plant, if it was a girl plant it would have been called Aminga! Logic, people, logic! ;P
Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:22:13 am by Rajaa
#30  December 30, 2010, 10:27:16 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#31  December 30, 2010, 10:30:17 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
I think you should be able to activate vigor mode mid combo ala quick max in kof 2002
#32  December 30, 2010, 10:48:52 am
    • Thailand
:code:

i might actually be interested in your charas now! i was thinking how chaining would work in vigor mode; honestly it seems kinda useless as it is.
=O

I think you should be able to activate vigor mode mid combo ala quick max in kof 2002

I've been occasionally pondering on vigor mode during my creation of Satsuki, but I haven't thought of any way to make it more useful or entertaining than it already is. Suggestions are welcome.
#33  December 30, 2010, 12:42:55 pm
how bout this :
qcf wall bounce and so her slamdunk move can be a follow up when vigor mode.
qcf + down will slam the opponent down and follows it up by her strong (hold) C attack.
slamdunk could be like powerdunk in vigor mode.

head pounding is much more better than projectile spamming.

GOH

#34  December 30, 2010, 12:49:00 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
"Much more better" doesn't exist.

/grammarnaziface
#35  December 30, 2010, 07:01:12 pm
    • Thailand
how bout this :
qcf wall bounce and so her slamdunk move can be a follow up when vigor mode.
qcf + down will slam the opponent down and follows it up by her strong (hold) C attack.
slamdunk could be like powerdunk in vigor mode.

head pounding is much more better than projectile spamming.
I am going to make the high versions of Satsuki's QCF grabs into wall bouncers that allow juggling. Thanks for the suggestion.

When I said make vigor mode more entertaining, I meant it in a general sense, as in, for all of my characters. =P
#36  December 30, 2010, 07:55:02 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Did you take her down? Im getting a 404 error? If I missed something then ignore this

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#37  December 30, 2010, 08:04:20 pm
    • Thailand
I'm about to upload her update, that's why. It'll be a few minutes or so before she's back up.
#38  December 30, 2010, 08:25:08 pm
    • Thailand
I re-uploaded Satsuki based on some of the suggestions and feedback I have received. What has been changed is as follows:

- I have added Depletion Garden as a Level 3 Super Move.

- I have added blood effects to Dark Heart, and used some different sprites to make it look a little more menacing.

- I have addressed the issue with being able to do EX Bite while in Vigor Mode.

- I have made the higher versions of Satsuki's grab specials into wall slam moves, allowing for juggle if done correctly.

- I have adjusted the damage values for all of Satsuki's grab specials. The damage from slamming an opponent by holding down hasn't been adjusted.

I plan to find a decent way to implement a face pounding super, as suggested by the person with the Japanese name (the person who needs to get an English alias).

That's about it. Please re-download and post any feedback, suggestions or comments you may have.

Download
Re: Satsuki - Updated: 12/30/10
#39  December 30, 2010, 08:27:28 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada

Satsuki's EX bite makes her disappear after it connects...watch carefully : P

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#40  December 30, 2010, 08:28:15 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

Of course you lost, my characters don't have chain combos, and I won't be adding them, but I'll be nice and tell you how you can add them and prevent forest fires!

Implementing chain combo is easy, yes. My chaining works with variables if you study my .cmd and statedef -3.  In the statedef -3, var(2) and var(3) manage chaining from normal to special, and var(4) and var(5) manage chaining from normal to super. Var(6) manages chaining from special to super.

Spoiler: A Tutorial Just for You (click to see content)

That should help you if you're willing to put in the small amount of time this takes. It can't be that hard to implement chaining. That doesn't even address damage dampening, but my damage dampener is elastic so it should balance itself out, anyway. :llama:

This is a template for all of my characters, but I can't guarantee that it will work 100% correctly because some characters change states during some normals and that will activate the limiter, if you come to that problem, let me know and I'll give you the necessary info to fix it.

Okay, Thank you very much, actually, I sorta understand this... [size=5pt]no wonder that snake Tehbazzard could bastardize someone else's character so easily[/size]...

A few questions though... how does this pertain to the 6.x -> x -> x autocombo, and do I have to watch out for anything with her chargable/any of the other character's chargable normals?  Also, what about the aerial chaining similar to Lilith's?

*dls new version to test firs...*

Satsuki's EX bite makes her disappear after it connects...watch carefully : P

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.