YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17338739 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#101  June 10, 2015, 05:32:57 am
magic and incantation? isn't he supposed to be a metalized human who can control electricity?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#102  June 10, 2015, 05:38:34 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That ain't even the half of it. Doom is OP, he's constructed from the ground up to only be defeated by teamwork and his threat grew exponentially early on because FF was the flagship comic of Marvel in the 60s.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#103  June 10, 2015, 05:45:07 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
magic and incantation? isn't he supposed to be a metalized human who can control electricity?
That's just the shitty movie version(s).

The mainstream version of Dr. Doom, classically, has no inherent superpowers. He's got a genius intellect and is equally skilled in both science and magic; his power armor rivals and in many cases surpasses Iron Man's suite of armors, and his skill in sorcery rivals that of Dr. Strange! He's invented his own time machine, incredibly lifelike robot doubles of himself that can and have fooled most everyone, and rules over his own nation. He is an expert tactician and has had numerous, complicates schemes and plots over the years that have seen him gain omnipotence and/or world domination multiple times, which were undone not because the heroes were able to overcome him, but because of his own failings. He is the premiere Marvel villain, their very best. All are beneath Doom. :doom:
#104  June 10, 2015, 08:06:44 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

*bitch slaps supervegeta*

How DARE you mention that failed version of Doom? To the mines with you!

Bea

#105  June 10, 2015, 09:07:00 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That's just the shitty movie version(s).

The mainstream version of Dr. Doom, classically, has no inherent superpowers. He's got a genius intellect and is equally skilled in both science and magic; his power armor rivals and in many cases surpasses Iron Man's suite of armors, and his skill in sorcery rivals that of Dr. Strange! He's invented his own time machine, incredibly lifelike robot doubles of himself that can and have fooled most everyone, and rules over his own nation. He is an expert tactician and has had numerous, complicates schemes and plots over the years that have seen him gain omnipotence and/or world domination multiple times, which were undone not because the heroes were able to overcome him, but because of his own failings. He is the premiere Marvel villain, their very best. All are beneath Doom. :doom:

Last I checked, he also got punched silly by Luke Cage for a meagre 100 bucks debt...
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#106  June 11, 2015, 05:22:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Well look, you don't mess with Luke Cage:

Luke Cage could beat up Vader too, though! A force choke can't get through unbreakable skin!
#107  June 15, 2015, 10:50:33 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Not really Death Battle or Minute Melee.. buuut I thought its worth a watch

lui

#108  June 18, 2015, 01:42:15 am
    • USA
The animation itself is nice, I just hate how he uses radically different soundclips that sound inconsistent with eachother for Spider-Man, Batman and Superman and the others.
#109  June 18, 2015, 01:53:30 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Darth Vader's preview is out.  Part of me is surprised by the sprite choice for him, but the alternatives are not many or much better.  The animator's going to have to have Vader being really defensive, or get really creative with their edits and animations.  Likely both.
#110  June 18, 2015, 02:22:07 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJVE7xkN5I[/youtube]
Darth Vader's preview is out.  Part of me is surprised by the sprite choice for him, but the alternatives are not many or much better.  The animator's going to have to have Vader being really defensive, or get really creative with their edits and animations.  Likely both.

Oh my God, I can't wait to see Doctor Doom's. :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#111  June 25, 2015, 03:57:30 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Dr. Doom's preview's out.

Eh, I'd prefer Vader to win, but Doom's preview is lacking any significant info, which leads me to believe they'll drop the big stuff in the full episode that'll pull it in his favor.  Though Vader's preview didn't exactly bring up much on his EU accomplishments, so maybe I'm looking into it too much.

They're doing nice with what there is on Vader's sprites at least.
#112  July 01, 2015, 08:13:19 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname

Full episode's out. It's pretty good.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#113  July 01, 2015, 09:13:39 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I liked it... of course, I liked it more seeing that Doom won. :)

What I don't like... is what they have planned next. I thought that the previous match settled everything and even if Goku went SSJ God Mode, Superman would still be stronger then he is by miles.

Bea

#114  July 01, 2015, 09:38:00 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Not to mention that they are also using New 52 Superman, who got an awful overpowered new ability recently.
There is no point in this match. Zero. The result will be the same.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.

lui

#115  July 01, 2015, 09:39:02 pm
    • USA
IDFC about Goku vs Superman again, BUT im fucking excited to see Torian's fight animation for their fight, seriously, the guy does gorgeous animation, he would make Monty Oum proud.
#116  July 01, 2015, 09:42:14 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
They just want to crush Goku fans' hopes and dreams even further. :3c
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#117  July 01, 2015, 09:53:33 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Seriously IDK why this is such a big debate.

Superman would beat Goku in a fight. Who cares really?

I notice the Goku fans on the internet go crazy and come up with bullshit usually involving understating Superman's powers. My favorite part of their arguments is when they try to say that Goku fans are the "Minority" on this issue, when I rarely ever see anyone say Superman can win.

OZ

#118  July 01, 2015, 10:05:21 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
I rarely ever see anyone say Superman can win.

seeing as he's a plot device in a cape, the only people who root for him have to be more boring than he is

the only interesting superman is one who realizes that he makes for a really shitty hero

ಠ_ಠ
#119  July 01, 2015, 10:35:43 pm
didn't they strip him of his powers in this latest run to give a new spin on his character?
or did they wipe off that version of him in convergence?
i personally don't like him a lot, but i love the stories that deconstruct characters like him, i.e, The boys and Irredeemable.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#120  July 01, 2015, 11:18:25 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Yeah he lost his powers recently.

seeing as he's a plot device in a cape, the only people who root for him have to be more boring than he is

the only interesting superman is one who realizes that he makes for a really shitty hero

Regardless of your opinion on him, he'll win Because he's OP as fuck. It has nothing to do with which character you like more. which is something people try to turn these kinds of things into.