YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 132121 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should N00b's clones be restricted??

Should I limit the problem clone to be used 1x until P2 hits the ground?
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo?
Should you be allowed to use only one clone 1x per combo?
Should I allow any clone to be used more than 1x after a timer?
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens?
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#61  April 14, 2018, 09:35:44 am
    • USA
How do you two feel about doing something small scale with each of the ninjas, though in a more MK inspired format. I’d been wanting to, but not enough to do it solo, I can definitely do my share of work.
#62  April 14, 2018, 11:10:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you mean a full game?
#63  April 14, 2018, 12:06:44 pm
    • USA
Indeed, but with the OG format, four buttons, the works. Gameplay is up to you experts, whatever standard you set, I can follow. I mainly want to work on Sub-Zero & Rain. This ghost ball stuff reminded me how that forceball had us stuck last time.
#64  April 14, 2018, 05:44:06 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
The assets aren't there. There's only really the ninjas. We don't have Raiden or, Shao Khan or any of the other staples from the franchise.
#65  April 15, 2018, 09:41:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Personally, I'm completely opposed to a 4 button character. Hell I made my own Maru Maru and Mai to have 6 buttons. MvC2 and up are garbage because of no 6 buttons. The only time it really works is SC or Tekken games. Even then, when mugenized I HAVE to have them 6 buttons. But I like my hitboxes for mugen too.

What was the problem with the Force Ball?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#66  April 15, 2018, 11:12:33 am
    • USA
When I say 4 buttons I mean traditional attack commands. That is the idea of small scale, use what you’ve got. Just thought it’d be cool to see those sprites combined with a retro mix, can do all the stage fatalities etc. Been a minute, but (not that I’ve tried) attacks that allow you to control player 2. I wanted to learn how, as Shiki has an attack that basically makes player 2 commands reverse. So I’m thinking doing other things can bring about new ideas. Also have you experimented with Fatalities yet? I know you have the brutals, I’ve applied MK project resources to make some before.
#67  May 27, 2018, 03:52:18 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I hadn't given Fatalities any thought. I like them in MK, they just dont seem the same in Mugen.

I'm currently working on N00b and I had a thought that could increase his move set.. sorta.
The Sub Zero/Clone slide, the Run and tackle, and the Up kick are done with A, B, & C. I was thinking about making it so the player could hold the button down and the clone would last longer. N00b would also be stuck in the call pose longer too.
So say you tapped A to do the slide, it'd go just a bit further than a sweep kick. A long hold would send it all the way across the map.
The spear tackle would have to be let go at the right time to spear P2.
And the up kick could be used as an anti-air fireball-spamming move. Right now it only goes half the distance of the screen. So if P2 jumps to the top right corner, if you held the C button down, P2 would get hit.

It's the fact that not a lot of characters use this mechanic. I think a lot of players will never notice this feature. Or like it or utilize it.
#68  May 27, 2018, 07:42:23 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
you cold always do a portal splat. have Noob cast 2 portals. then have player 2 fall continuously until Noob dismisses the bottom portal and then splat on the ground killing the player.
#69  October 28, 2018, 01:36:55 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've slowly been tinkering with Noob. Just wanted to get some feed back.

I like the idea of being able to teleport grab P2 after being uppercutted. Instead of the regular air combo, you just teleport and slam P2.
But I was thinking it could lead to some amazing combos if you could do it in the air also.

Here's the question:
IF Noob can combo the teleport slam, Should there be a height restriction on how close P2 can be from the ground?
Should you be able to see just Noob's arms, or his entire chest, or down to his knees, or should his entire body have to be through the hole?

----
and I'm still hoping someone can make the FX of his clones exploding.
#70  December 29, 2018, 07:52:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Kinda big update. Got someone working on the Clone FX. I've added some sound and changed it up a bit. Here's a super WIP of it.

Nothing is being disconnected from your PC. It was mine lol. The colors will change. They're mainly for me to see exactly what I need to on screen easier.

----
Updated the video. There were more than a few simple problems I've taken care of.
Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:13:39 am by Odb718
#71  December 29, 2018, 07:47:47 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Lookin good broseph. Can't wait to see the rest up and runnin.
#72  April 21, 2020, 07:16:02 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

Long time no update.
So I've been slow to work on N00B. But over the last few days I've picked up work. With the help of Balth I got some new sprites! And I _think_ the last clone FX are finalized.  This might not look like much, but check out the shadows on Ryu and the FX. You can see that they both look like they're on the ground but the clone's pop fx is lower/closer to the screen. That took some effort. But in the long run it's well worth it.

I have some ideas for 1 or 2 ultras. I may have to commission Balthazar depending on the ultra and if the clone gets used.

And I've actually come up with a new special move.
What would you guys say if Noob Saibot, while in the air, could throw a portal under his feet, and fall through it?
Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:18:17 am by Odb718
#73  April 21, 2020, 10:05:47 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
will it be possible for noob saibot to have his fatal blow from mortal kombat 11 be his level 3 super?
#74  April 23, 2020, 02:33:17 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I was thinking about it. There's just no realistic way to do the zoom in x-ray effect though. The other ninjas don't really have cinematic ultras like that either. So I'd have to use that as inspiration for the move. To be honest, I think Noob has one of the weakest ones of the game. It's pretty bland if you imagine it from the regular view point. And the other characters have way crazier moves.
I don't know if I'll use the sickle for N00B. The other ninjas do have their weapons as fwd+fp. But he has his clone do a punching attack instead.

With all that, MK11 is becoming one of my favorite fighters of all time. I really wish they had Ermac in it.

What would be a good attack with the sickle? It can't get overly complicated where it zooms in and has the x-ray. But I would be able to snag P2 by the head with a bit of coding. I don't want a ton of guts coming out type of move. Maybe the clone should hold P2 in place some how? But what would he do next?
#75  April 24, 2020, 03:35:56 am
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
I would say you can use his clone sickle pull from the game. It would be a cool way to get people closer without the range Scorpions spear have.
#76  August 24, 2020, 10:34:49 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've come up with 2 ideas for Ultras. So hopefully N00B is coming close to finished.
The one I've decided on is a dual fireball. Noob will send the clone to the opposite side of the screen. Both will shoot fireballs/ghostballs at P2. If P2 can hit either one, their side of the ultra stops. The other side keeps going. So if you hit the clone, Noob keeps firing away. If you hit Noob, the clone keeps shooting and Noob could attack once he's out of the combo/hit stun. If you hit both, well then it's over.
One thing that just came to mind would be to make this possible in the air. Noob would be shooting down at P2, and the clone would be where he'd be naturally.

The other is in the Poll I just made for the topic. I like the idea, but Noob already has a raging demon type move with his brutality ultra. So raging demon, fireballs, and Misogi... awful lot like Akuma...
I was thinking it would be a double foot stomp move. But it could be more Akuma-esq if I put the sickle in his hand. It'd be more of a slice then.
I think IF it was the sickle move, then he'd slice through, and continue through another portal and land, all in one motion. I don't know what level of frankenspriting I can get to, to make this look good. The double foot stomp sprite is already made so....

TiE

#77  August 24, 2020, 11:13:42 am
  • used the search button
    • Germany
Both sound like decent plans, now that I read it (after I voted, sadly).
Personally I prefer the misogi over a projectile.
Never was fond of Noob's projectiles, except the portal overhead.
Somehow offended the clone style, imho.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#78  August 27, 2020, 06:25:05 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think I'm going to go through with the hassle of making Noob and the Clone's ghost balls cancel eachother out.
Like if you manage to jump, and two meet in the center, they don't just keep going. If you get hit by 1, and somehow manage to escape and the Clone hits the 2nd Noob ghostball, they'll collide where ever.
I think having them criss-cross in the center wouldn't be too awesome.
Right now I'm trying to get the clone to push P2 out of the corner. I didn't think the move would take up so much room. I'd say almost 1/3 of the floor is Noob and the clone.
#79  August 27, 2020, 07:22:18 am
    • USA
I dont understnd why you decided to go with these wack butt ugly sprites to begin  with... Noob Saibot MK9 , you should just work with those if you can rip them out.. Thats what i'd do. The actual mK3 ones are way better, you can even just color change MK1
#80  August 27, 2020, 07:47:43 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
I dont understnd why you decided to go with these wack butt ugly sprites to begin  with... Noob Saibot MK9 , you should just work with those if you can rip them out.. Thats what i'd do. The actual mK3 ones are way better, you can even just color change MK1

Kinda inconsiderate of you to tell him to change the sprites when he's coming close to finishing, just because YOU don't like the current ones.

How are those sprites "wack butt ugly"?